Allow BHs to ticket non-HVTs

Personally I think a standing problem with BH roleplay (Lack, thereof) is that they really can't. You can arrest someone, or let them go. Letting them go gets you nothing and throwing a 2-3K ticket in jail can be douche. I'd say allow Bounty Hunters to basically "forward" a FULL ticket from the government to their bounty, but in turn receive a reduced pay as a tax cut. This would allow BHs that would rather arrest small-time criminals just to get a new bounty on the list to not have to drag someone out of their experience over a simple trivial crime (also allowing the detainee to keep their weapons/licenses. It could also encourage more RP for bounty hunters, having non-HVTs try to convince the bounty hunter why not to book them for full price, and the bounty hunter can banter back with that.

TL;DR I'm tired of dragging Small Value Targets to the courthouse because it ruins their experience.

Edited by Ghost0fDawn
Muhammed Rashid likes this
20 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Next up we'll see suggestions for BH's to have stupid guidelines to follow and shitty RP requirements.

Like others have said, at that point why even have an APD?

If you're tired of dragging small value targets to prison, then switch professions.

FTFY

:kappa: 

1 hour ago, Olivia said:

Next up we'll see suggestions for BH's to have certain guidelines to follow and RP requirements.

Like others have said, at that point why even have an APD?

If you're tired of dragging small value targets to prison, then switch professions.

Just get rid of BHs and make it easier to join the APD. Problem solved. 

Oh you were faster, I have an idea about non-HVT BH arrests also :) Ticketing is i guess easier to implement than the stuff I tought about, I will create different thread about it, but for your idea +1 from me :) even tho I can see how it can be abused

@BioHazard - well BH got buffed so hard and in the way that i can't really see how they can nerf them, now we need to think how to bring the balance back and stop the madness that has exploded with those BH scrubs lately.

Edited by Danny

If anything, the simple thing would be to allow BH's to give their target the option to pay their fine at the courthouse and still get paid for it. But if you're just too lazy to take them to the courthouse then do something else or leave them alone.

Edited by Furnie Mack
9 hours ago, Kollin said:

Do people not realize that bounties can pay their bail once they get put in jail, and then go back to what they were doing? It's not like their car is getting impounded or anything, so why would this be a thing?

They also lose the 10 of thousands of dollars worth of equipment they have. Granted thats the cost of being arrested.  Its honestly stupid that BHs get targets for less than 5k.  Its honestly pretty shitty to be forced to jail some dude for 2 hit and runs.

Ghost0fDawn likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

They also lose the 10 of thousands of dollars worth of equipment they have. Granted thats the cost of being arrested.  Its honestly stupid that BHs get targets for less than 5k.  Its honestly pretty shitty to be forced to jail some dude for 2 hit and runs.

If I don't feel like losing my 10's of thousands of gear, I'll go to the court house and pay it off because I know what could happen. Others should do the same or ask for a pardon.

Olivia likes this
7 minutes ago, Kollin said:

If I don't feel like losing my 10's of thousands of gear, I'll go to the court house and pay it off because I know what could happen. Others should do the same or ask for a pardon.

That's not always an option....  BH get targets in real time.  I watched a dude as a test lock picks my UC cop car.  Within 3 seconds of getting off the 3rd attempt the 3 BHs we were talking too all had his bounty.  That could have just as easily been two people running in front of his car in Kavala.  Losing the shit is the risk you take when you break the law 100%, but losing shit because some troll jumps in front of your car is dumb and broken.  Unlike cops BHs have a limited amount of people they can chase, getting a full bounty list of shit like that sucks and all you can do is sit around and wait or scum bag them into jail.  

Edit: That being said they should not have the right to ticket a person.  The way the system issues bounties should be adjusted to where you are not tracking people for crap like that.

Edited by HotWings
Ghost0fDawn likes this
9 hours ago, >k1w1z< said:

Just get rid of BHs and make it easier to join the APD. Problem solved. 

Wait the APD is hard to join?  News to me.  Never heard anyone complain about that before.  I mean compared to other whitelisted Altis Life servers, I think our process is very easy.  But if you want to make an argument otherwise, my ears are open.

Coyote, Mike Stmria and BioHazard like this