Donation System Rework

Express your opinion:  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the system explained below?

• Yes
    • No

Disclaimer

Recently Paratus said that since Bohemia’s update, donations are not enough to cover server costs, forcing him to take the money out of his own pocket. This system is only an idea that came through my mind today. I’m sure that there’ll be both people that agree and disagree, but let’s do our best not to derail the thread and get it locked. It’s purpose is to discuss new ideas that can motivate players to donate and help pay the servers. Feel free to post your opinions on what could be changed.

What I suggest

My idea is instead of having one time donations, maybe we could implement  a system where players would have to donate every month to keep their rewards. Similar to Twitch’s Sub system, Patreon, etc… Depending on much someone donates, certain perks/skins would be unlocked over a period of time. It could go as follows: (the loot keys you get for each tier are just a bonus, which means you could still buy keys separately)

• 10$ donation (1 month):

• 3 Loot Crate keys

• Able to buy “Donator” shirt at the Clothing Store

• New vehicle skins

• “Donator” tag on Teamspeak/Forums

• 20$ donation (2 months):

• 6 Loot Crate keys (+ 1 free)

• All perks from above

• Able to buy “Donor” hat from the clothing/store

• 30$ donation (3 months):

• 9 Loot Crate keys (+ 3 free)

• All perks from above

• 50$ donation (5 months + 1 free)

• 15 Loot Crate Keys (+ 5 free)

• Access to reserved slots on every Asylum server

• “Donator” shirt replaced with “VIP” one at the clothing store

• “VIP Member” title on the forums, teamspeak and in-game as well

• New hats and vehicle skins

• All perks from above

• 100$ donation (10 months + 2 free)

• 30 Loot Crate Keys (+ 10 free)

• “VIP” shirt replaced with “Royal Member” one at the clothing store

• “Royal member” title

• New vehicle skins, hats, shirts

• Access to his own private channel on Asylum’s Official Teamspeak (The majority of the gangs have their own voice server nowadays anyway, so might as well use these channels for donators)

• All perks from above

• 250$ donation (Lifetime supporter)

• Golden name on the forums (don’t know if it is possible)

• “Official Supporter” Title

• Exclusive skins, hats and shirts

• Name featured on Asylum’s website

• All previous perks permanently unlocked

The perks I provided above are just mere examples. Let me know what you think you would change and what you think of it. Feel free to post any suggestions you might have as well. We may not be able to change anything ourselves, but we can provide feedback and suggestions on how to make it a better place for everyone. My main concern when writing this was to make people want to donate again and not make it pay to win at the same time. Along with the current lootcrate system, this could boost donations again to a point where the community is self-sustainable again, in my opinion.

Again, let's try to make this discussion as civil and respectful as possible!

Edited by Vash
Mako, Mike Stmria, Haych and 3 others like this

Great idea, and It's stunning to see people such as yourself spend time to try and help the community as much as possible such as making this post clean and presentable.

The "donator" tag will definitely boost donations because of the bragging right etc.

However, getting a lot of keys every month (don't know if this is what you implied) might lower the income they receive because of the ability to sell the items you get from the crates for real life money.

The vehicle skins will have to be custom so they don't interfere with Bohemia's rules.

The "Donator" clothing is a great idea.

I haven't looked in-depth so I can't see ALL the flaws and the things that make this work, but as I am skimming through it, it makes me realize it has a lot of potential.

-1 Can't see monthly donations going anywhere in a dying a community which is sad to say, I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say $10 a month to get lootkeys, which would be pretty much what id be paying for after the first month. Would be completely useless, considering you can buy them for $2 a key.

Edited by Dezzo
mistype

As a Donor 5 +1 I really like this idea. Why not up the donation rank to more that $250 I mean look at identity they have much higher donation teirs and I would be more than happy to pay to get some exclusives whether that be ingame, forums, or teamspeak as long as this dosent effect the game for others. 

2 hours ago, Dezzo said:

-1 Can't see monthly donations going anywhere in a dying a community which is sad to say, I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say $10 a month to get lootkeys, which would be pretty much what id be paying for after the first month. Would be completely useless, considering you can buy them for $2 a key.

You could still buy loot keys separately, I actually forgot to explain that in the OP. 

Edited by Vash
On 7/8/2016 at 0:11 PM, Vash said:

Would like to hear the devs opinion on this @bamf @Paratus

A lot of nice ideas there, but we won't do a monthly subscriptions for donations. While we do need support to keep servers running (believe me, it was looking grim there for a while), some business models we feel are asking too much. If you support us in any way, we want to be able to show our thanks forever.

Vash likes this
Just now, Motown said:

A lot of nice ideas there, but we won't do a monthly subscriptions for donations. While we do need support to keep servers running (believe me, it was looking grim there for a while), some business models we feel are asking too much. If you support us in any way, we want to be able to show our thanks forever.

If I donate $500, can I get a finger painting of my face done by you? 

9 minutes ago, Motown said:

Thanks for the feedback! :)

• 1 month later...

staff needs to become more involved with the players to me just because a bunch of people are in the same place it doesn't mean its a community . if we pay "which I already have various times"  we should get respected. a forum tag is nothing compared to not being able to deal with everyday problems with the people who are left in charge.

15 minutes ago, Karl Lennox said:

staff needs to become more involved with the players to me just because a bunch of people are in the same place it doesn't mean its a community . if we pay "which I already have various times"  we should get respected. a forum tag is nothing compared to not being able to deal with everyday problems with the people who are left in charge.

Money does not buy respect or importance over any other member of the community.  Donations support the server not yourself :) 

12 hours ago, Thomas said:

Money does not buy respect or importance over any other member of the community.  Donations support the server not yourself :) 

yea  that's what broke people say but in the real world it does and they asking for real world money not asylum money . so it  sounds good saying it kudos , but to donate and then not be able to speak to someone concerning your account or a request then let me know how u feel . ..and sorry but not saying we should get treated different but if u have never donated and we are supporting you playing then yea  if I have a request or a issue my heed should be taken.. and what level are you again? didn't see that. ok.

Just now, Karl Lennox said:

yea  that's what broke people say but in the real world it does and they asking for real world money not asylum money . so it  sounds good saying it kudos , but to donate and then not be able to speak to someone concerning your account or a request then let me know how u feel . ..and sorry but not saying we should get treated different but if u have never donated and we are supporting you playing then yea  if I have a request or a issue my heed should be taken.. and what level are you again? didn't see that. ok.

thing is the staff needs to respect the players that's one the main problems, since they not the ones paying or even the creators they all just there in power positions being douches, that doesn't help a community but moreso if I donate and don't get heard, most of us have real life jobs and don't ask mommy to pay for our things so when I work and I spejd I expect to be respected , I can tell your not a owner of anything yet in life kid...

8 minutes ago, Karl Lennox said:

thing is the staff needs to respect the players that's one the main problems, since they not the ones paying or even the creators they all just there in power positions being douches, that doesn't help a community but moreso if I donate and don't get heard, most of us have real life jobs and don't ask mommy to pay for our things so when I work and I spejd I expect to be respected , I can tell your not a owner of anything yet in life kid...

I have been around long enough to know that admins do try their best to assist all players with problems they have and if they are being rude or disrespectful that's an issue for the Community Managers not anyone else. Just remember they do this without pay and because they want to help so if they are not open to 24/7 support dont blame them for it.
My personal experience,  I make a comp report it gets dealt with usually within a day or 2. I file player reports they usually get dealt with the same day. I need to speak to an admin with account help maybe takes a few days since its more specific help i would need. Point is they try their best regardless of what experience you have had. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I have been around long enough to know that admins do try their best to assist all players with problems they have and if they are being rude or disrespectful that's an issue for the Community Managers not anyone else. Just remember they do this without pay and because they want to help so if they are not open to 24/7 support dont blame them for it.
My personal experience,  I make a comp report it gets dealt with usually within a day or 2. I file player reports they usually get dealt with the same day. I need to speak to an admin with account help maybe takes a few days since its more specific help i would need. Point is they try their best regardless of what experience you have had. 

awwwww thank you sooo much!!!  n us a fool if u think they do it for shits and giggles. they don't get paid , wouldn't with the service they providing , what do u mean do theyre best?  why accept a task if u cant do it  ? as many admins are on and in game there shouldn't be any comp request or any anything taking 2-5 days to deal with . they become admins for the perks , that is all . not saying its wrong but once u up there do shit , no one sems to its like we wait for they pace , it could take a day ot could take a week, shit I got a life too , be waiting around for someone whos IN GAME ATM not doing they ADMIN jobs..yea they want this to become a community they need o be involved more with everyone . this is a dictated island not a democratic one.. and once again being around enjoying everyone that has donated so u can continue is exactly what im speaking on ..thank you for that