Make the Maximum Bounty limit apply after the split, not before.

Currently there is a maximum bounty cap for arrests cops make that gets applied BEFORE the money is split. That means the amount that gets SPLIT between all cops will never exceed $150,000.

Here are some examples of the current system:

5 cops online arrest a $500,000 bounty, all cops will receive $30,000 each.

If 5 cops online arrest a $5,800,000 bounty, all cops online will receive $30,000 each.

If 10 cops online arrest a $500,000 bounty, all cops will receive $15,000 each .

If 25 cops online arrest a $1,800,000 bounty, all cops will receive $6,000 each.  

If 10 cops online arrest a $50,000 bounty, all cops will receive $5,000 each.

The bounty cap should be applied after the money is split, and be per officer. With this implemented the following would happen:

5 cops online arrest a $500,000 bounty, all cops will receive $50,000 each.

If 5 cops online arrest a $5,800,000 bounty, all cops online will receive $50,000 each.

If 10 cops online arrest a $500,000 bounty, all cops will receive $50,000 each .

If 25 cops online arrest a $1,800,000 bounty, all cops will receive $50,000 each.

If 10 cops online arrest a $50,000 bounty, all cops will receive $5,000 each.

Edited by Dpatt711
3 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Will make more cops become money hungry and robo cop.... honestly they should either just keep it the same or lower it

I don't think it would effect the robocopping of HVTs very much due to the simple fact that if an officer is money driven and he arrests somebody worth 300k, regardless of if he gets 150k split or the full 300k he would robo cop him anyway.

Edit: The only difference I could see between values would be if somebody was actually willing to pay a 150k ticket. Now if we had the ability to remove specific charges or reduce jail time then that would be a different story.

Edited by Legit

IMO the current system works well as it is.  As cop you can already make an undeniable small fortune in a short period of time depending on activity of gangs/ cops effort. This just seems to be an attempt to gain more money when its not needed. 
The reason bounty hunter has the 150K cap is to act as a prevention for bounty boosting with associates/ friends and making money cap from someone spamming vehicles with lock-picks. 

Want more money ?  Solo Bounty hunting :) ez   150K for 1 arrest :P   

BioHazard likes this
3 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

but, you play cop for the RP right

The only way to remove money-oriented cops is to either give them enough money so that giving up high bounties doesn't make a difference or just remove money from arrests all together. 

Either way nobody would agree on one option.

I 2nd this.

We just processed a guy worth almost 500k, and out of the 10 officers who were online...we each received only 15k each!

We had spent countless resources and time trying to detain this guy, with large amounts of officers and citizens being downed non-stop.

It was certainly a bummer to see the amount we ended up with after that.

6 minutes ago, One Eye Jack said:

I 2nd this.

We just processed a guy worth almost 500k, and out of the 10 officers who were online...we each received only 15k each!

We had spent countless resources and time trying to detain this guy, with large amounts of officers and citizens being downed non-stop.

It was certainly a bummer to see the amount we ended up with after that.

Feelsbadman

Just now, Cassettes said:

Bounties that high will most likely not spend his money to pay a bounty, even if it gets reduced, he'd rather go to jail for 45 mins.

Yes, i agree, people would rather go to jail for 45 minutes instead of spending 100k+ , but increasing the payouts, i just dont agree with. 

47 minutes ago, Legit said:

The only way to remove money-oriented cops is to either give them enough money so that giving up high bounties doesn't make a difference or just remove money from arrests all together. 

Either way nobody would agree on one option.

Most money hungry cops are just the ones that make a living on cop and then goes on civ to blow it all off. So to make him earn even more wouldn't really work.

2 hours ago, Legit said:

There are pros and cons. Removing the 150k cap would make it VERY easy to profit a LOT if you are the only officer online.

Actually, you would profit less if you were the only officer online. With the current system a single officer arresting a $300,000 bounty would receive $150,000. If we added a cap to the maximum amount that an officer can receive, as opposed to the maximum amount that will get split, the officer would only receive whatever the cap is, which would most likely fall between $25k-$50k

Edited by Dpatt711
2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Will make more cops become money hungry and robo cop.... honestly they should either just keep it the same or lower it

If I give someone 3 meals to eat a week, and another person 30 meals to eat a week, who is hungrier?   

You claim that the person who gets 30 meals a week is hungrier than the person who only gets 3. I really don't understand your argument at all, and am willing to bet it actually has no basis in reality at all.  

A cop with 200k who loses a 30k loadout and vehicle is more likely to robocop than a cop with $1,000,000 who loses a 30k loadout and vehicle.

It's literally just common sense.  

if you really wanted to get rid of some robo-copping the smart choice would be to split the bounty whenever someone is removed from the wanted list, regardless of whether or not the bounty was paid by full ticket, partial ticket, pardon, parole, or jail. 

Edited by Dpatt711

There is no getting Rid of robo-copping, people will do it regardless, but increasing the money they will make, will cause it to happen more and more since they receive more profit from it. Unfortunately, there are some cops who only play cop for money, and increasing the money means you wish to make more profit from it. Cops loadouts costs roughly 5k-10k roughly so I dont know where you got 30k from. Our vehicles are roughly 5k max. As cops, we don't lose that much money. I don't see how splitting the bounty regardless if they are removed from the wanted list would stop robocopping. Also regarding your meal metaphor. You're telling me you are "hungrier" because you don't make enough money playing cop? You are the person who receives 3 meals a week, but however, if the payout is increased you will be satisfied. Right there tells me, you play cop mainly for the money. What? Do you wish to be paid for pardoning someone as well?

2 hours ago, Legit said:

Now if we had the ability to remove specific charges or reduce jail time then that would be a different story.

I have suggested that, hopefully becomes a feature.

BioHazard likes this

A helicopter + gear can easily equal 30k.  

Also If you got the bounty regardless of what action you took to deal with the person whether it be a pardon or send to jail, there would be no motivation to lean towards full tickets or jail.

If I told you one of two officers was money hungry, and yet they both sent someone to jail for a $65,000 bounty, who would you say actually was money hungry, the one at money cap, or the one with $100,000? The answer is obvious. More money cops have = Less reasons to be money hungry.

Edited by Dpatt711

I can't help but laugh at one major flaw everyone is missing here...

Why aren't punishments more severe for trigger happy cops?

This is the age old question that comes down the pipeline into real life...

I.E. Take away citizens rights to have guns, it'll magically decrease crime. Keep citizens rights to have guns, it'll magically decrease crime.

Raise minimum wage, everyone makes more money, inflation kicks into effect to keep a large portion of businesses a float.

ETC ETC ETC, it goes on and on and on. It's a two sided argument where both sides are right, and wrong. I'm just surprised at the fact that everyone is pretty much saying "because of robocopping, we can't do X, Y and Z", when in reality you're admitting to giving into those players and in turn...punishing those of us who follow the rules.

Perhaps the answer isn't so black and white, as in "keep/remove or increase", but maybe the answer is within the method itself.

Since becoming a cadet 3 days ago, i've already earned over 300k...

If cops are that hard up for money that they're willing to break the rules for pure profit, then they simply should NOT be on the force. Period.

Increasing the 5 minute wage in stressful areas such as Kavala and Georgetown should be a thing, and for bounties in excess of 150k, it should go into a "processing" state to pend investigation by a higher up, to deem that nothing shady happened during said arrest/lethaling. That seems to be the only way to deal with the problem, other than removing those who seem to be in it for pure profit, and not the enjoyment and betterment of the server. After all, what were you asked in your first interview? Why do you want to be APD. And i'm sure as shit sure if you just said "to get rich off of virtual money that means nothing in the real world", you would have been denied on the spot.

So why does that change after you've become an officer? It's totally mental if you break it down and think about it.

In the end, players such as myself and others I know, are here because we want to have fun, learn things and give to the community. If you want to make money so bad, there are plenty of other options in Altis/Tanoa to do so...but I guess because they don't give you a hard-on with power and ease of access, it's below you? Either i'm missing something here that everyone else sees...or the answer is staring everyone in the face.

Maaqs likes this
1 hour ago, Dpatt711 said:

More money cops have = Less reasons to be money hungry.

However you are incorrect, There are some cops who are in gangs, they use cop to make money because when they go on civ they will spend it on loadouts, ifirits, houses, anything they wish. Just because people are money capped doesn't mean they aren't money hungry. I also don't think after everytime a cop dies, they purchase a brand new hummingbird. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
5 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

Uh...remove their asses and black list them? TF is wrong with the APD?

Maybe because "Robocopping" isn't against the rules whatsoever and if it was everybody would just cry about how they are being robocopped when a cop doesn't believe their "I was given this gun and told to rob a bank and kill as many people as possible" story. 

BioHazard likes this

Add NLR for cops and remove the cap, I think that would be a fair compromise. Oh and restrict civ for them so cop isn't just a means to an end for them and their gang. Because with much more money earned, it will increase the amount of people doubling as APD for the money which isn't the purpose of the APD. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
3 hours ago, Legit said:

Maybe because "Robocopping" isn't against the rules whatsoever and if it was everybody would just cry about how they are being robocopped when a cop doesn't believe their "I was given this gun and told to rob a bank and kill as many people as possible" story. 

It's as simple as treating it like a double edge sword.

People who are filing a report of "robocopping" should have to have solid evidence of their claim. If the claim feels slandering, they are subject to a penalty in some ways. This would hold people responsible for not only robocopping (by actually cracking down on APD who are doing it) but people who are abusing the reporting system simply because they're butthurt, etc.

THE SOLUTION IS DROP DEAD SIMPLE!

You hold APD officers more accountable (they're NOT above the law, and even as a soon to be constable, I have zero issue with this in general) and you tighten down and start setting examples for false reporters. 

But regardless of everything, if you need money that bad while playing as a cop...you're doing something wrong. I'm making absurd amounts of money in my cadet week right now, and if i'm dumb enough to blow it all in CIV in a few days when I can go back...that's my own damn fault.

4 hours ago, One Eye Jack said:

It's as simple as treating it like a double edge sword.

People who are filing a report of "robocopping" should have to have solid evidence of their claim. If the claim feels slandering, they are subject to a penalty in some ways. This would hold people responsible for not only robocopping (by actually cracking down on APD who are doing it) but people who are abusing the reporting system simply because they're butthurt, etc.

THE SOLUTION IS DROP DEAD SIMPLE!

You hold APD officers more accountable (they're NOT above the law, and even as a soon to be constable, I have zero issue with this in general) and you tighten down and start setting examples for false reporters. 

But regardless of everything, if you need money that bad while playing as a cop...you're doing something wrong. I'm making absurd amounts of money in my cadet week right now, and if i'm dumb enough to blow it all in CIV in a few days when I can go back...that's my own damn fault.

I mean, reporting for robocopping will never be a thing. Since its 100% opinion based. I arrest people who use the same story every time(Within a restart). I'm sorry but after the third time I doubt your humble peach farming family was kidnapped by a drug lord specifically so you could rob a bank.

On top of that the ability to roleplay out a ticket is just something the officer can do if he feels like it. If you can't pay the fine or do the time don't do the crime. The people that just sit and kill/harass cops in Kavala usually deserve the full ticket.

Edited by Legit
13 hours ago, Mayhem said:

However you are incorrect, There are some cops who are in gangs, they use cop to make money because when they go on civ they will spend it on loadouts, ifirits, houses, anything they wish. Just because people are money capped doesn't mean they aren't money hungry. I also don't think after everytime a cop dies, they purchase a brand new hummingbird. 

This is always going to be a thing as long as being a cop makes good/easy money.

Only reducing how much cops make below other civ means would get rid off it. But once you pass the threshold that people start treating it as a means to good/easy money increasing how much they make would have direct influence on how much they play, more money = less playtime = less robocopping. To drop it below the threshold of a good money maker you'd have to nearly cut how much cops make by 90%.

You would have to find another to reward cops though. I know some who would consider the gameplay the reward, but let's face it. If only they played cop there would only be about 3-4 cops online at a time.

Your mindset is, increase payout to prevent more people robo copping, that's not going to prevent it.  Before you said something about feeding a person 3 meals a week, and another person 30 meals a week, you then asked who's hungrier? The real question is who's greedier? Obviously the one receiving more food. If that person with 30 meals a week simply reduced how much they are, everyone would be happy. 

9 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Your mindset is, increase payout to prevent more people robo copping, that's not going to prevent it.  Before you said something about feeding a person 3 meals a week, and another person 30 meals a week, you then asked who's hungrier? The real question is who's greedier? Obviously the one receiving more food. If that person with 30 meals a week simply reduced how much they are, everyone would be happy. 

Maybe they are greedy, but you cannot argue with the fact that the more they make = the less they player = less overall robocopping.  

It's kind of like the Area Rule but inversed.  

For those not familiar, as an aerodynamic body approaches Mach 1 it's drag will begin increasing almost exponentially, as it passes through mach 1 the drag drops off almost instantly. Mach 1 is the threshold at which being a cop is the best ratio of safety, income, and ease compared to any civilian activity. Drag is the amount of robocopping. As a cop's income is lowered towards the threshold, robocopping will increase, when it passes the threshold robocopping will drop off immediately because the person will probably stop playing cop. As a cop's income is increased away from Mach 1 they'll eventually keep hitting money cap so often they'll consider themselves wasting money to an extent that they would rather have good gameplay over money, or log off an stay on as civ longer. Either way would reduce robocopping.

Lets say the pay was increased, the more they make the less they play? Whats stopping them from playing about 1 hour of cop, going on civ and blowing it all on gear loadouts, armored vehicles, just to lose it all and to repeat what they did. Simply saying increase it to stop the robo-copping doesnt help. They will still do it, maybe even make it worse and robo-cop even more to receive more money, then play civ until they are broke, and then once again repeat it. There's no need to increase the money cops make. They already make enough as it is.

35 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Lets say the pay was increased, the more they make the less they play? Whats stopping them from playing about 1 hour of cop, going on civ and blowing it all on gear loadouts, armored vehicles, just to lose it all and to repeat what they did. Simply saying increase it to stop the robo-copping doesnt help. They will still do it, maybe even make it worse and robo-cop even more to receive more money, then play civ until they are broke, and then once again repeat it. There's no need to increase the money cops make. They already make enough as it is.

Not wanting to accidentally reward the bad cops is not a valid reason to not reward the good ones properly. I think we completely missed the point that this suggestion is to increase the payout of a >$150,000 bounty when many cops are on, and decrease the payout of a >$150,000 bounty when few cops are on.   

"When you discipline the good equally as the bad, you are rewarding the bad and punishing the good."

2 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

"When you discipline the good equally as the bad, you are rewarding the bad and punishing the good."

That is once again incorrect. But i will let you think what you wish to think. My opinion is, the amount should not be raised regardless of how many cops are online.

2 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

That is once again incorrect. But i will let you think what you wish to think. My opinion is, the amount should not be raised regardless of how many cops are online.

Let me break it down for you, when you treat the good and bad equally, you are giving the good less than they deserve, and the bad more than they deserve.

At the very least should at least have stats of how much money we've pardoned, and how much we've received. That can assist in being objective metric if a player is accused of robocopping. 

52 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

This honestly sounds like you are all about the money, if you want the maximum you can receive go play bounty hunter Solo. Cop isn't about the money, it's about making sure Civs have a good experience on the server.

I can guarantee no cop does what they do only to provide a good experience for civs.   

Everybody has different motivations.  

I enjoy receiving a reward for the work I do. Does that make me a bad cop? Of course not. I've seen cops who don't care about money robocop more often simply because they are sore losers and lost the initial engagement.   

Some cops are in it for the combat, some are in it for the money, some do it for the sense of justice, some are in it for the game-play, but most are in it for a combination. 

Cops will robocop for any one of these motivations.

Combat motivated cops robocop because they already have a good shot lined up. 

Money motivated cops will robocop because they have a big bounty.  

Justice motivated cops will robocop because they know the RP is bull.  

The list goes on.

Edited by Dpatt711
12 hours ago, Legit said:

LOLOLOL

4 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

I can guarantee no cop does what they do only to provide a good experience for civs.   

Once again incorrect, and everything you just stated was completely irrelevant in a way. I play cop to have a good experience with civs. I get a joy when helping a civ, I don't play cop for the money. If i wanted to make some money, I would go on civ, grind for a bit and do my best. Not hop on cop for 30 minutes and issue tickets to everyone. You have a good day. 

Edited by Mayhem