Everyones saying 'red you're dead'

So if people see me with a red name or anyone with a red name whos gang slash group has not initiated with him or his group they KOS me. They say red you are dead. Ive been playing asylum for years and i never thought this would fly. Does red mean dead? Can i KOS all red guys? In my eyes: no i cant. And i find it hard to believe that this is allowed. I was looking for the information regarding this matter on the ingame rules and eventually found it. It's just tough because how are admins supposed to know the guy you shot was red? Thank you - winters

Edited by [101st] Major Winters
.Sean and Mr.Purple like this
14 minutes ago, [101st] Major Winters said:

So if people see me with a red name or anyone with a red name whos gang slash group has not initiated with him or his group they KOS me. They say red you are dead. Ive been playing asylum for years and i never thought this would fly. Does red mean dead? Can i KOS all red guys? In my eyes: no i cant. And i find it hard to believe that this is allowed. I think maybe a notice should go in game where the basic rules are and admins should implement the RED name system and explain it a little further? Just a suggestion to help with RDM KOS and confusion. Thank you - winters

rules are in game, go to your map.

The aggression system was put in place to better help RDM.

If you're red or you shoot someone with a red name, not bannable.

easy for admins to determine if the situations is deemed RDM or not.

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

If you're red, you're dead.

I coined this phrase before we ever added the aggression system. That is the rule, anyone who has a red name can be KOS'd, without exception.

What amazing is, the aggression system over rules the revenge killing rule.

So technically, you can't break that rule straight after re-spawning because if you get killed and re-spawn, the group that killed you will have red names so you can technically revenge kill them without initiation. This also leads to situations where your name will be red to a certain group, however their names won't be red for you, happens all the time during donor pistol wars between cartel fights.

Furnie Mack and ryno7 like this

Hell yeah cause i've heard 50% of people say red is dead and another 50 saying its broken/still bannable. However, you can get banned cause the guy who gets shot and blames you for RDM doesnt have on video his red name. So in turn the guy doing the shooting has to provide counter video evidence correct? That is just something i am not willing to do. Shadow play is awful right now =P

Sandra Bollock likes this
23 hours ago, [101st] Major Winters said:

So if people see me with a red name or anyone with a red name whos gang slash group has not initiated with him or his group they KOS me. They say red you are dead. Ive been playing asylum for years and i never thought this would fly. Does red mean dead? Can i KOS all red guys? In my eyes: no i cant. And i find it hard to believe that this is allowed. I was looking for the information regarding this matter on the ingame rules and eventually found it. It's just tough because how are admins supposed to know the guy you shot was red? Thank you - winters

Liberty_Prime___Better_Dead_by_Goronguy.

Liberty Prime will kill you if you are red.

1 hour ago, [101st] Major Winters said:

Alright so i presume if you shoot someone and they get revived you can just blow their head off again, i see caps doin it all the time

That's why this Red Name stuff is so confusing. First if someone gets revived that's still the same life and you can shoot them again instantly without talking. If the person dies and doesn't get revived according to the "no revenge" rule (not to be confused with an New Life Rule which doesn't exist in our wonderful community thankfully) you must first initiate before shooting them again. Now that the red name persists after full death and respawn it seems to negate the No Revenge rule completely. I personally still like to try to follow the No Revenge rule but play with many friends who stick hard core to the 'red you're dead' mentality and never have an issue with bans. All I can say like others have is make sure you record ANYTHING that might be remotely questionable to save your ass.

On 9/19/2016 at 6:47 PM, [101st] Major Winters said:

by years, do u mean days?

Roice likes this
8 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

That's why this Red Name stuff is so confusing. First if someone gets revived that's still the same life and you can shoot them again instantly without talking. If the person dies and doesn't get revived according to the "no revenge" rule (not to be confused with an New Life Rule which doesn't exist in our wonderful community thankfully) you must first initiate before shooting them again. Now that the red name persists after full death and respawn it seems to negate the No Revenge rule completely. I personally still like to try to follow the No Revenge rule but play with many friends who stick hard core to the 'red you're dead' mentality and never have an issue with bans. All I can say like others have is make sure you record ANYTHING that might be remotely questionable to save your ass.

yeah man I've heard so much different stuff.

such as : "HEY I JUST GOT REVIVED YOU HAVE TO REINIATIATE

and then other people do the opposite. that's confusing.

then, this red name thing. I think its pretty cool. but there are some grey areas. such as: you have to have counter evidence

to back up your KOS. someone can easily report you, not seeing your character to see if red or not cause say you shot him far away.

Say it's RDM, and you get BANNED! =[