Drug Slot Ideas Thread | Serious!

Hey I want to gather some good ideas for the drug slot in this thread so i can spam the ever living chicken nuggets out of @Paratus to get this slot up and running. This is a serious thread and as such I will remove anything that I deem to be off topic or not pertinent to this discussion.

- Definitely need to find a use for dogs in Arma 3. I suggest allowing drug slot officers to have a k9 in the vehicle that can be scripted to spawn in and run to a target vehicle to perform an "air sniff". Air sniff would be useful when there is no probable cause to search a vehicle or occupants. Air sniff provides a %chance% that illegal drugs/guns are detected.

- Drug officers could interrogate the drug dealers/processors with a %chance% of finding out who was the last person processing/selling.

- Drug officers could have a chance to get other officers more rewards for drug busts?

Just random stuff to start out the idea process. I'd love to find use for the drug slot and hopefully everyone can come up with some suggestions. This is a chance for rebels to try and come up with ideas that may be a cool experience for them to interact with as well. Thanks for your time.

tumblr_ne9lsx5f331sqhqoio1_500.jpg

EDIT:

So before I reply 100 times to the same thing:

- The chance of a dog detecting illegal contraband and the chance of a drug dealer/processor giving out information would stay way below 100% to keep it interesting for all factions.

- Drug officers being able to get a larger reward for seizing at the HQ gives the other factions a chance to get their stuff back. If cops want the extra money then there is a risk of the civs capturing back their product.

Flax, Miles, The Orphan and 14 others like this

-So for the k9 we could add 1 more branch in the cop prestige tree. Get a trained dog perk that will make the k9 to have a bigger chance to detect drugs or a better snitches so you would get more pings from fields and dealers. 

-You could add so drug slot would give you more money from seized drugs and other stuff like that. 

For the sniff could code into the Prestige that that % goes up with each prestige talent unlocked so say a 1-4 a 5% 10% 15% and 20% chance it is detected. Also possibly have some new vehicle skins to tip people off a bit better so maybe instead of on the Hatch Sport it says Highway unit and black and white could be like Green and Yellow with a K-9 mark on the back and APD Drug Unit on the sides or something. You know add variety that comes with the slot.

1 minute ago, MR. COW said:

-So for the k9 we could add 1 more branch in the cop prestige tree. Get a trained dog perk that will make the k9 to have a bigger chance to detect drugs or a better snitches so you would get more pings from fields and dealers. 

-You could add so drug slot would give you more money from seized drugs and other stuff like that. 

Not a bad idea. Maybe add a honor system. As cops bust civs at fields/processors , they gain honor. Not group related but searching officer specific. Which in turn will maybe unlock a DEA slot in the tree? Then given a dog? I dunno. 

Miles likes this
Just now, Tyler said:

For the sniff could code into the Prestige that that % goes up with each prestige talent unlocked so say a 1-4 a 5% 10% 15% and 20% chance it is detected. Also possibly have some new vehicle skins to tip people off a bit better so maybe instead of on the Hatch Sport it says Highway unit and black and white could be like Green and Yellow with a K-9 mark on the back and APD Drug Unit on the sides or something. You know add variety that comes with the slot.

New DEA vest as well kappa?

Miles likes this
Just now, MR. COW said:

Well the ones with %chance% would obviously be in the prestige tree as tiers. You could rank it up through experience with your dog and get a better chance of detecting something. To keep it fun for everyone you keep the detect rate fairly low so the dog isn't 100% finding illegal stuff on every sniff.

I mention cops earning more when the drug officers comes to seize the items. If this is to happen then i suggest officers make a little less on normal drug busts (similar to how profiteer grants more per seize but not 100% of the seize)

Tyler likes this
1 minute ago, Tyler said:

Yes that is why I have %chance% there, the prestige tree would allow you to unlock better detect rates as you level up (but still stay way below a 100% detect rate because that would be no fun)

Just now, dat_iceman said:

Not a bad idea. Maybe add a honor system. As cops bust civs at fields/processors , they gain honor. Not group related but searching officer specific. Which in turn will maybe unlock a DEA slot in the tree? Then given a dog? I dunno. 

Once again already implemented in the Precincted slots :P

Just now, Sneaky said:

Well the ones with %chance% would obviously be in the prestige tree as tiers. You could rank it up through experience with your dog and get a better chance of detecting something. To keep it fun for everyone you keep the detect rate fairly low so the dog isn't 100% finding illegal stuff on every sniff.

I mention cops earning more when the drug officers comes to seize the items. If this is to happen then i suggest officers make a little less on normal drug busts (similar to how profiteer grants more per seize but not 100% of the seize)

Or maybe make the normal cops only to find a % of the drugs in a vehicle.

Just now, MR. COW said:

Or maybe make the normal cops only to find a % of the drugs in a vehicle.

Well you want cops to be able to make a good bust but maybe they can only seize a % of it because of their basic training. A drug officer could seize X% more due to more specialized training. It would be beneficial for cops to hold a vehicle in hq for the drug officer to come seize it. (thus giving rebels a chance to also come retrieve their drugs.)

Tyler likes this

The drug sniffing dogs could be a good feature.  A lower chance though, like 30%

Personally I think processors should be left alone because they are NPCs and they just stand there.

My idea and it will probably seem overpowered but it would be that if a drug slot officer captures someone and searches drugs and the player does have drugs, he then has the option to interrogate the suspect which has like a 70% chance of success.  If interrogated successfully, he ( And only the officer ) can see everyone that's in the suspects group and if they are within 1km, they will have a real time tracker which shows their location on the map. 

Brady23 likes this
4 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

The drug sniffing dogs could be a good feature.  A lower chance though, like 30%

Personally I think processors should be left alone because they are NPCs and they just stand there.

My idea and it will probably seem overpowered but it would be that if a drug slot officer captures someone and searches drugs and the player does have drugs, he then has the option to interrogate the suspect which has like a 70% chance of success.  If interrogated successfully, he ( And only the officer ) can see everyone that's in the suspects group and if they are within 1km, they will have a real time tracker which shows their location on the map. 

I think that would be very strong and hard to explain within RP as well. To go along with that, I also believe that it branches out from the scope of the drug slot because his group may not be doing anything illegal. It feels too ESPish and I personally dont think civilians would have fun interacting with it.

Obviously there would be a lower %cap on the dog and NPC feature to make it fun and fair for everyone.

Frizzy likes this