Prestige Perks

Prestige perks

I think it would be nice with some CIV/REBEL perks that you could unlock by using your prestige. I know we are able to expand money cap now, but I think it would be awesome to be able to unlock perks too. People will have a other reason to grind if we get this. The examples under is just something I came up with in 5 minutes. Its alot of opportunities with this "feature".

EXAMPLE OF PERKS:

• Make the red-gull work for 5 minutes instead of 3 minutes. 50k prestige
  • Decrease the revive time. 150k prestige.
  • 50 % chance to gather 2 barley/phosphorus/hydrogen/ other materials. 250k prestige.
  • Decrease the time it takes to cap turfs. 75k prestige
  • Never loose your credit-card. (For non-donors) 150k prestige
  • Be able to buy a tactical-vest from the clothing store in cities. 125k prestige
  • Hold more Y-inventory. Expand it 70 without having a backback. 300k prestige
  • Blood-bag faster. 200k prestige

@bamf @Paratus

6 minutes ago, g1ant said:

Prestige perks

I think it would be nice with some CIV/REBEL perks that you could unlock by using your prestige. I know we are able to expand money cap now, but I think it would be awesome to be able to unlock perks too. People will have a other reason to grind if we get this. The examples under is just something I came up with in 5 minutes. Its alot of opportunities with this "feature".

EXAMPLE OF PERKS:

• Make the red-gull work for 5 minutes instead of 3 minutes. 50k prestige
  • Decrease the revive time. 150k prestige.
  • 50 % chance to gather 2 barley/phosphorus/hydrogen/ other materials. 250k prestige.
  • Decrease the time it takes to cap turfs. 75k prestige
  • Never loose your credit-card. (For non-donors) 150k prestige
  • Be able to buy a tactical-vest from the clothing store in cities. 125k prestige
  • Hold more Y-inventory. Expand it 70 without having a backback. 300k prestige
  • Blood-bag faster. 200k prestige

@bamf @Paratus

I can get behind this, but it'd have to be similar to the BH Honor tree. For example, you'd need Rebel training for these perks

Crossfade likes this
Just now, Crow said:

I can get behind this, but it'd have to be similar to the BH Honor tree. For example, you'd need Rebel training for these perks

Don't really see the reason that you will have to have rebel training. This isn't really rebel perks, we already got rebel perks from the gang thingy. Could make it so some of the perks is like that tho. 

22 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Cosmetic things? Sure.

"Pay to win"~esque features? No.

Of course its not gonna be like a game-changing perks. 

It should make be so if you wanna grind and make money, you could get some perks that will give you a small advantage. Like having perks like blood-bagging and reviving faster it would give you a small advantage. (Im just thinking with decreasing it with some seconds not make it so takes 50 % of the orignally time). 

Could also make other requirements for it too.

Like for the turf perk. 75k prestige. Sucessfully capped 10 turfs.

Edited by g1ant

i see what @gnashes is saying and its a very good point. ( I don't understand the code part , that shit is Chinese to me)

I break it down to normal people language.

putting these perks in would give people advantages over others.  one hand you got a 15 year old with no job able to grind the fuck outta shit.  make hela money get all these cool perks.  then you got your average joe who works a full time job and has responsibilities but still plays the game.  with the perks you suggest the 1st person mention has an advantage over 2nd guy with his grinded perks. 

as it is now everyone can compete on the same level except the skill level. no one has an advantage perk wise over anyone.

now better rewards for prestige im always down with, like when you earn 1mill prestige you can unlock a crate in exchange for that mil. being we don't have a market I don't see why this would be a problem.  just a thought tho.

Edited by KillZone
Brendon Smith likes this
29 minutes ago, KillZone said:

i see what @gnashes is saying and its a very good point. ( I don't understand the code part , that shit is Chinese to me)

I break it down to normal people language.

putting these perks in would give people advantages over others.  one hand you got a 15 year old with no job able to grind the fuck outta shit.  make hela money get all these cool perks.  then you got your average joe who works a full time job and has responsibilities but still plays the game.  with the perks you suggest the 1st person mention has an advantage over 2nd guy with his grinded perks. 

as it is now everyone can compete on the same level except the skill level. no one has an advantage perk wise over anyone.

now better rewards for prestige im always down with, like when you earn 1mill prestige you can unlock a crate in exchange for that mil. being we don't have a market I don't see why this would be a problem.  just a thought tho.

That doesnt make sense. You should get a advantage from playing a game alot. Should not punish the people who play alot because its unfair to people who don't have time to do that. 

41 minutes ago, g1ant said:

That doesnt make sense. You should get a advantage from playing a game alot. Should not punish the people who play alot because its unfair to people who don't have time to do that. 

please tell me how you are getting "punished".  being punished would mean getting put at a disadvantage.  asylum has always been evenone has same options.  if you need better perks to win fights, I suggest playing some KOTH to get some practice.

9 minutes ago, KillZone said:

please tell me how you are getting "punished".  being punished would mean getting put at a disadvantage.  asylum has always been evenone has same options.  if you need better perks to win fights, I suggest playing some KOTH to get some practice.

Not really punished, but you should get a advantage when you grind and play a game alot.

But do you really think if you can revive/blood-bag some seconds faster is gonna make u win a fight. 

It was just examples on how some of the perks could be. 

Everyone have the same option to grind up and get the prestige. Then you would say the prestige for the cops and honor for bountyhunters is wrong too, because you have to play alot to get all of the perks. 

Edited by g1ant
21 minutes ago, g1ant said:

Not really punished, but you should get a advantage when you grind and play a game alot.

But do you really think if you can revive/blood-bag some seconds faster is gonna make u win a fight. 

It was just examples on how some of the perks could be. 

Everyone have the same option to grind up and get the prestige. Then you would say the prestige for the cops and honor for bountyhunters is wrong too, because you have to play alot to get all of the perks. 

I understand what your saying, but it changes gameplay, even the smallest amount, and I think its what paratus bamf and the contributers are trying to avoid, believe me im tired of the "here is more clothes" update but we take what we can get.

4 minutes ago, KillZone said:

I understand what your saying, but it changes gameplay, even the smallest amount, and I think its what paratus bamf and the contributers are trying to avoid, believe me im tired of the "here is more clothes" update but we take what we can get.

How does it gonna change the gameplay??

Im thinking about perks that make things that you normally do faster and things that won't be anything gamebreaking...

Its not gonna be 1m prestige and you can spawn a fcking tanks........

Edited by g1ant

+1

They aren't gamechanging at all, its basically saving a little bit of time, and its really not an advantage nor is it pay-to-win, since you get these by simply playing making in-game money. Perks like blood-bag faster by 10-20% isn't going to make you invincible nor overpowered, it simply saves a little bit time for you, and I'm sure there are some perks that paratus can think about later on aswell.

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

I believe Paratus wants equal chances for new comers and people who have been at it for years. It's a grindable buff, in my opinion a cool idea. But that gives you an advantage over casuals.

Equal chances hence why Sports Hatchbacks, Donor Vendors and Coveralls were/are behind a paywall :frog:

g1ant likes this
4 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Well someone has to pay for the servers.

Sports you can steal, lend, or use other cars that are better in other ways than speed.

Donor vendors is only donor town, yes it can be usefull to regear but you can do the same with a house.

Not 100% sure on the cover alls, but werent you supposed to wear a tactical vest with those, balancing out the armor?

Donations and In game sales is what you use to pay for servers, not methods that break BIS ToS and ruin the experience for everyone when BE gets removed.
Sure you can steal/use them, but i'm referring to when you said Paratus want's all to have equal chances, I say RNG Lootbox's that gives coveralls disagrees with that.

Originally, that was the plan to bring back CSAT's with the use of Tac Vest handicap however the script didn't work I believe. Everyone who has played this game long enough knows that Pilot Coveralls have odd hitboxs compared to the CSAT Fatigues, similar to the old Lush Ghillie which had the ability to tank a extra headshot. Paratus still thinks they are equal, on paper hence why BIS hasn't said anything about that yet.

g1ant likes this
4 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Well someone has to pay for the servers.

Sports you can steal, lend, or use other cars that are better in other ways than speed.

Donor vendors is only donor town, yes it can be usefull to regear but you can do the same with a house.

Not 100% sure on the cover alls, but werent you supposed to wear a tactical vest with those, balancing out the armor?

What about the debit-cards? Earlier only donors could have them.

People had to take risk to take their money out when buying things. 

Also mohawks earlier. You could save alot of time if you use the mohawk right.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Yeah i agree on those points, but you guys are talking about pay to win. I was simply saying that he wants equal chances, both a brand new member and a veteran can donate for things. However a new guy would have to farm up his prestige in order to make faster money, do quicker blood bags ect that makes a advantage to those who have played for longer due their money.

Compare it to some MMORPG PvP, you would be fighting against people who are lvl 100 while you are lvl 1. Because they already did put in their time, they have advantages over you and then it becomes harder for the new player. As far as i have seen Paratus make changes he always aims it to make it easier for the little guy.

Group cap, money cap, weapon price buff, lower cartel income, the fridge ect. (And yes as of now those things have been changed due the major complaints from the community on the forum) but his ideas seem to be for the little guy. Thats why i said that he probably wouldn't want it.

If i didn't say anything clear i'll try to explain again, having a headache atm :FeelsBadMan:

I don't think that someone who can blood-bag faster than a new guy is gonna destroy for the new-guy. The same with the other perks I came up with.

Paratus have to think about the veteran players so they have a reason to grind and keep playing the game.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Faster blood bags and revive in a fight sound pretty strong to me tbh.

And the 50% gathering thing for a double is definitly a big money buff, combine that with rodopoli.. op!

Im talking about 10-20 % faster.

50 % chance to gather 2 of a material/ingridents. And I didnt even mention heroin/cocaine that is the buff from rodopoli. 

Just now, Midamaru said:

I was talking about your proposal to have a 50% chance to get 2 phosphorus/hydrogen sulfate. Rodopoli also increases the amount of ephedra gather to two per tick.

So those together make a nice and quick meth run, which is the most profitable drug.

Like I said it doesn't have to 50 % it could be less, but it would be nice with something like that so you got a reason to grind. 

And it only means that you have to spend less time at the legal areas. 

Should we just remove cartels, turfs and everything that is a benefit for players who are in a gang and been playing the game for a long time? If you think about its pretty unfair for the new players, they don't really have a chance to cap and hold the cartels.:shrug:

6 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Good point, lets build a wall around cartels! :kappa:

Nevermind giant, you are actually right my argument is a bit bullshit. (no sarcasm)

I'am just trying to suggest a prestige system that people would actually use and not destroy for new players. Like the developer team have already done a good job with expanding money cap with gaining prestige and alot players actually find it funny to grind again.

Just now, Midamaru said:

I have removed my comments since i ended up agreeing with you @g1ant.

Thread got really derailed..

Anyway, do you have any more ideas for perks, the more the better i would say so Paratus might be able to pick the best out.

I will come up with more when I get on my computer. 

Everyone is allowed to come up with different perks, but nothing too op tho.

12 minutes ago, g1ant said:

I will come up with more when I get on my computer. 

Everyone is allowed to come up with different perks, but nothing too op tho.

This is an idea i have: 

The perks could implemented in the talent tree.

For example: 

Rebel

- Ghillie
- Ammo
- Suicide vest
- - Turf Warlord, increases cap speed by 30% 

But then instead of talent points those will cost prestige or other requirements like you said. (Could require a specific set of talents, objectives completed like robbing gas stations, kills, turf or cartel caps)

I just thought since we already have a talent tree, gang perks, BH Honor system it would be weird to add yet another thing in the phone.

@g1ant Would this be specifically for rebels (rebel licensed) or for civs, because a civ could also be a BH and have those advantages.

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, Midamaru said:

This is an idea i have: 

The perks could implemented in the talent tree.

For example: 

Rebel

- Ghillie
- Ammo
- Suicide vest
- - Turf Warlord, increases cap speed by 30% 

But then instead of talent points those will cost prestige or other requirements like you said. (Could require a specific set of talents, objectives completed like robbing gas stations, kills, turf or cartel caps)

I just thought since we already have a talent tree, gang perks, BH Honor system it would be weird to add yet another thing in the phone.

Its like that for bounty-hunters, You got a talent tree. And you got a own thing for honor on your phone.

Edited by g1ant
Just now, g1ant said:

Its like that for bounty-hunters, They got a talent tree. And you got a own thing for honor on your phone.

g1ant Would this be specifically for rebels (rebel licensed) or for civs, because a civ could also be a BH and have additional advantages.

In the original post it says civ/rebel, thats why i am asking.

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, Midamaru said:

g1ant Would this be specifically for rebels (rebel licensed) or for civs, because a civ could also be a BH and have additional advantages.

In the original post it says civ/rebel, thats why i am asking.

Doesn't have to. Its alot of perks that would be useful for civs too and that its not rebel related. If you think about the blood-bag perk you should be able to unlock that if you are bonty-hunter too. So it should not be like only rebel perks.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

I could see how this is considered "technically" pay to win even 10% is an advantage over someone else that you are paying. Just with in game money instead of real life money.

But then buying a 50.cal is also pay to win.. and believe me.. i will have an advantage with that thing against those damn kavala rookers.
Bought a bloodbag and used it in a fight? pay to win! (I didn't have enough money, but my enemy did.. damn you paratus!)
Ingame money spend is not really pay to win, its earned.

Edited by Midamaru
Big Bird likes this