Asylum Overwatch Tournament

Haych

PslR0f5.png

Now that Overwatch has been out for quite some time now, I thought it would be nice to have a little competition going on with the Asylum Community. The tournament will be played for fun so there won't be any strict restrictions or rules, just play clean and have fun.

Pretty simple, we'll follow the current competitive ruleset, non community players will be allowed to compete.

Matches
Games will be BO3, Finals will be BO5, double elimination.
Map Draft will be used to determine maps.
If a Map ends in a draw, the decider will be played on a random KOTH location (OGN APEX style)

tcRcRny.jpg

xoONlhA.jpg

Registration
Teams will be allowed to have 3 substitutes. Please use to Form below to submit your roster 
https://goo.gl/forms/sslQiuAETaZGnqQh2

Time & Date
28th December.

This can be subject to change if all Captains are happy to play at a later/earlier date
Team Captains will be notified prior to the date with set times of the matches. 

I'll most likely stream the games if we get enough teams to make it interesting. If you have any questions, just let me know in the comments.

XiIrJKG.jpg

Bracket

http://challonge.com/Asylumoverwatch

487dabc754ca431284dfc375c5c27cc9.png

Schedule
The Increment (EU) vs Jimbo Golden Boy (EU)
20:00 GMT (15:00 EST)

Poon Thugs (NA) vs Zaxal's Buttplugs (NA)
21:00 GMT (15:45 EST)

Round 2
#Trapnando vs Round 1 Winners
21:30 GMT

Grand Finals
Jimbo Golden Boy (EU) vs Zaxal Buttplugs (NA)
29th January, 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST)

Stream
www.twitch.com/haychyo

Edited by Haych
Chau, Kitui, Nightfury and 12 others like this
2 hours ago, Davis said:

Can banned players participate @Haych

This is @Kitui

I see why not. It's for fun and I don't want to restrict anyone from participating. If the event does get sponsored by a Asylum Admin, that might be subject to change depending if they are fine with it. For now, just submit your team and i'll let you know later on.

4 hours ago, Sneaky said:

If you bring me a legit pool of teams for the event then I dont mind sponsoring some cash money for a prize.

Thank you, that will be great. 

8 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

dunno if we have enuf ppl

You can always find some free agents here. You don't have to bring the exact roster you submit if people can't make it, as long as you get 6 on the day. Theres also a couple g0ld tier Elysium players I can lend you to just throw on support :D

They'll be around a 1m prize pool and separate rewards like in game vehicles etc up for grabs. You need to prove to Devran who's the better DPS :lol:

Edited by Haych
6 minutes ago, Haych said:

You can always find some free agents here. You don't have to bring the exact roster you submit if people can't make it, as long as you get 6 on the day. Theres also a couple g0ld tier Elysium players I can lend you to just throw on support :D

They'll be around a 1m prize pool and separate rewards like in game vehicles etc up for grabs. You need to prove to Devran who's the better DPS :lol:

lol, alright

Edited by hamsham12

Alongside a Prize Pool for the winning team, there will be prizes for a MVP for each category.

Best Support Play
Best DPS Play
Best Tank Play
Best Defence Play

Each winner of any category above can pick a vehicle of choice which they have access to, to be added to their Garage on Asylum

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

If anyone wants to make a team, hit me up.

Theres enough FA's in Elysium TS to form a team, can grab a couple people from here as well. May need you to support for us though.

Anyone who needs a team, message me for teamspeak. Should be able to form something with all the free agents.

Edited by Haych
1 hour ago, Angelito said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the tournament on a weekend? There would be a better turnout and more time to advertise to the community.

You're right about the weekend, however, this weekend is New Years and unfortunately the next 2 weekends I'm going abroad. People wanted the Tournament while they were still on work/school break.