No more nighttime? Terrible update

Can an admin please tell me why you guys think it would make us enjoy the game more to have it always sunny?

I really hate it.. I know its not all about me but seriously?

Asylum supposed to reflect real life and you don't give us night time?

How am I supposed to make some crazy ass plays when there is no dark?

I am born in the dark

I am meant to survive in the dark..

please bring back the night time 

vern30 and Furnie Mack like this
Just now, Deathslug said:

guess you guys are making asylum easy mode so the bads stop crying?

Hey, maybe they'll donate more!

Isn't money all you care about anyway? 

sigh..

Calm down charlie brown!

Everyone had access to nightvision/other cheap methods to see at night. This really turned the game into "green time" (from night vision) so Paratus (based god lord developer and sole coding master of all thing asylum) decided to just get rid of that time period.

Sergio, Tiger, Dextrix and 1 other like this

yeah whatever. might as well take out RP too.

Since this server is suppose to reflect real life.

Real life always has Night Time.. 

I understand it's not THAT big of a deal..

but man.. I loved night time..

so did many others.

Keeping "green time" wouldn't ruin the server..

It would keep it interesting..

Edited by Deathslug
Just now, Deathslug said:

so did many others.

To be real there is little to no rp that happens its more like you have to say hands up then shoot so do not start with the reflect real life shit

and why is night time such an advantage you can not even see the night its just green as everyone said above so i do not see why it matters day time looks better imo and allot of other people think the same

The 40% fog nights defending drug cartel again? No thanks.

Getting 1 tapped out of deerstands because they had that little bit of elevation to see the nightvision over the wall? No thanks.

Green Game? No thanks.

You make a valid point but no Nighttime and Nightvision is much better than it was before, as the only nights I enjoyed before were the 0% fog ones where I didn't need to put on NVG's to see people.

What seems like a more reasonable solution is to start the server off early morning, so it has that clear night, but it also doesn't last until next restart, just a suggestion.

Edited by Vanilla Coke

Hold your horses son! Last time I checked you literally didn't fight, but just camped rebel no matter of the time of the day. You used to get roasted non-stop. Maybe the night was helping you hide better?

Now as for the no more green time, that is something truly awesome. The majority of the players enjoy it better especially with the new gamma change and sharpness change. Let's be real, the game looks a lot better now.

That being said you can not judge if people are being good or bad by just seeing if they want to play night time or not. Suck it up.

Just now, Leviathan said:

Hold your horses son! Last time I checked you literally didn't fight, but just camped rebel no matter of the time of the day. You used to get roasted non-stop. Maybe the night was helping you hide better?

Now as for the no more green time, that is something truly awesome. The majority of the players enjoy it better especially with the new gamma change and sharpness change. Let's be real, the game looks a lot better now.

That being said you can not judge if people are being good or bad by just seeing if they want to play night time or not. Suck it up.

tumblr_lvwh0j8jin1r8058ko1_500.gifJj5XeQi.gif

4 hours ago, Deathslug said:

so did many others.

yes because we all play asylum for the amazing rp that comes out of it, we have Chinese men running around kavala with rooks, cops that use lethal's like they are tracers and admins that spawn in 50. cals to fuck up our feds, 10/10, stop being a little bitch, go play a different server if you wish to have your 10/10 rp BabyRage

16 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Removing night is a bad idea IMO.  People used the cover of night to do all sorts of things, not everyone has a huge group of people to protect them all the time.  Night could have been made shorter but removing it.... nah.

I agree, the cover of night was something I used a lot. I think it would be cool if they had the server start right before sunrise and reboot right after sun down to give you very brief night time mainly for the dusk times. Dead of night isn't so cool but the sunrise and sunset times were really enjoyable for me. Another crazy thought might be to remove NVG all together and shorten night so there are times you are forced to use lights but not so long that its just plain annoying. I don't know its a tough problem to solve but I think it does lose something to be day all the time. Sneaking around the shadows of Kavala at night could be intense and had a certain feel to it the day just doesn't give.

Deathslug likes this
5 hours ago, epTic said:

Now remove fog and we're good. 

Fog should be all but removed now.  The syncing of other weather should also be enabled again, so if it's raining on Lemnos, expect rain on Asylum etc.  

51 minutes ago, Sam Monk said:

and admins that spawn in 50. cals to fuck up our feds

I'm fairly certain the admins use things called a "garage" or vehicle spawn to bring in .50 cals.  Admins do not just spawn in vehicles to "fuck up (y)our feds".  

2 minutes ago, Shalobee said:

I agree, the cover of night was something I used a lot. I think it would be cool if they had the server start right before sunrise and reboot right after sun down to give you very brief night time mainly for the dusk times. Dead of night isn't so cool but the sunrise and sunset times were really enjoyable for me. Another crazy thought might be to remove NVG all together and shorten night so there are times you are forced to use lights but not so long that its just plain annoying. I don't know its a tough problem to solve but I think it does lose something to be day all the time. Sneaking around the shadows of Kavala at night could be intense and had a certain feel to it the day just doesn't give.

I like the cover of night as well Shalobee, but let's be real - everyone used NVGs (except those people who "light cheated" out of it with Gamma goggles), so what is the real point of having full night?  I believe that eventually we will tweak the cycle to where you have a touch o' darkness on each side, but we've got to tweak that based on server reset cycle etc.  We may play with it a bit more this week.  

Sergio, Rodrigo, Agent X and 2 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Fog should be all but removed now.  The syncing of other weather should also be enabled again, so if it's raining on Lemnos, expect rain on Asylum etc.

I'm fairly certain the admins use things called a "garage" or vehicle spawn to bring in .50 cals.  Admins do not just spawn in vehicles to "fuck up (y)our feds".

I like the cover of night as well Shalobee, but let's be real - everyone used NVGs (except those people who "light cheated" out of it with Gamma goggles), so what is the real point of having full night?  I believe that eventually we will tweak the cycle to where you have a touch o' darkness on each side, but we've got to tweak that based on server reset cycle etc.  We may play with it a bit more this week.

aha well I've seen them live stream themselves doing it at banks, i'm sure gnashes does it at our feds too (y)

7 hours ago, Deathslug said:

so did many others.

Night time is currently an issue for many players as well. I personally know people who can't play night time due to colorblind to green.

Sergio likes this
4 hours ago, bamf said:

You realize the chop shop is 1.5km from the fed right?  You also realize he has a house right there (on every server)...

can confirm, I've fought them here, many, many times, and they used to setup at chop shop killing everybody that came in all the time, a few weeks back, if you went to chop a vehicle, chances are one of the admins was sat in that god damn house sniping you, and if you kill them, they come back straight after spawning in the house.

1 hour ago, Deathslug said:

Seems like all of the assassins miss the night time

When the plebs are glad its always sunny stay close to mommy <3

All of the assassins? You're so fat I can hear your footsteps from 50m away.

And please, night time is fucking trash, the morning, where you don't have to use NVG's to see is sooooooooo sexy, bring that back and I will like it, but the dead of night is bad.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Kalier likes this
2 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

All of the assassins? You're so fat I can hear your footsteps from 50m away.

And please, night time is fucking trash, the morning, where you don't have to use NVG's to see if sooooooooo sexy, bring that back and I will like it, but the dead of night is bad.

salty as its finest