Cops should give away 50k+ a month if they have 600k+Bank

Hey guys! I am a constable and yes I play as a rebel on civilian, like most of you.

We all come across new players. As cops we make bank. 

I see constables using the free gun. Lmao. How greedy can you get?

Constables should always be seen with an upgraded weapon or else be laughed at.

Certain situations apply for using the free one.

Any way, I think as cops, we should give money to the new players to help them out.

Yes, it is your money. You worked sooo hard for it..

I have given away 100k+ over the weeks and I have seen improvement in my game play / reputation with certain people. Call it karma healing?

While it is your choice to give your money out, why be greedy?

You can come up with all the excuse in the world why you need money.

But if you play cop a lot, you can get a ton of money, as we all know.

I think it shouldn't be mandatory, but those that do give money away should be rewarded in some other way..

Such as ....Ideas? I want you to all chip in..

Maybe a new hat..

Maybe a title..

Maybe a new gun?

A new car?

Anything really..

(Please read all posts before replying) 

Edited by Deathslug

Your logic is impure. If you're going to reply please give something worth reading. 

It is not "need a reward"

It's if you do this, you might gain some type of point for your charity or good doing that will show others that you have helped out..

Not only to show others, but for yourself. If I have given away 500k over the months.. It'd make sense to reward that player with something you can only get by helping out those less fortunate. 

Why are you all so greedy in a game where money is decently easy to make?

Edited by Deathslug

Well real life is different that asylum. You cannot compare the two.

I do understand people should do what they want with their money but cops make soo much they're bound to end up qutting asylum with 500k+ in their bank.. 

Why not make a sacrifice and give it away with a little reward to look forward too in the end? 

You can't really make fun of someone for using a damn gun...

While I prefer the MXM, the Mk20 is quite useful close quarters. 

ANYWAYS, while I do enjoy giving money away as a career cop, I wouldn't just do it out of the blue. If someone came up to me and talked to me about being a newly registered citizen of Altis after moving away from Zimbabwe (he had a decent accent) for 15 minutes, I'd give them a good $25k. What I'm saying is, encourage roleplay. 

One thing I did encourage before the Asylum attacks was that officers try to take away bounties of about $50k or less from bounty hunters and pay the hunter, then process the suspect as normal. This way, both ends are satisfied, and nobody has to go to jail for killing someone in self defense. 

Your intentions are virtuous but unrealistic, unfortunately. 

And you shouldn't be awarded for doing good deeds, IMO. 

Deathslug likes this

I understand Skyanide thank you for a well-written reply.

Back to your "good role play" encouragement.

If players knew that cops might give money away, wouldn't that encourage role play?

Isn't that what Aslyum needs more? Role playing? 

Or would this essentially lead to veteran players just looking for quick cash, going around role playing with cops hoping they give them money?

3 hours ago, Demonic said:

What about when people just start to expect money and yell at every cop who doesn't give money?

That wouldn't happen. Even if it did, cops do not NEED to give away money.. this is why I said "Its not mandatory, but IF they do"

I really wish you humans would read and give some thought before you typed a reply. 

Skyanide is the only one who gave a good response. 

Edited by Deathslug
9 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

Why are you all so greedy in a game where money is decently easy to make?

Why are you trying to impose a norm on police officers? As a officer, you spend time interacting with player and much more. You get paid for doing so. You are WHITELISTEDthat is why you get paid so much. You deal with the worst of the worst (especially Kavala/Agia trolls).

Just now, Deathslug said:

Why not make a sacrifice and give it away with a little reward to look forward too in the end? 

Please, just stop. It up to themselves to chose if they should give money away. Its hard earned Cash

If players knew that cops might give money away, wouldn't that encourage role play?

If you need to get checked heres a link that might help : http://www.autism-society.org/

Yeah that would encourage people roleplaying as beggars lol

==========================================================================================================================================

Basically to recapitulate what i said:

Its ok for people to give away money. But you're trying to force them to give some out. You call them out as greedy if they dont. You try to put in place a norm to give away. Its up to people to be generous or not. Its ok for you to have a idea but when we present our points you treat us as ignorant. But in reality, who is the ignorant one?

Please, if you have any other ideas please post. But dont defend it like its your baby. Take into consideration other peoples opinion and not only your own...

Dear Deathslug,
Your opinion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sincerely, Brew who is tired of hearing your stupid and ignorant opinion

That wouldn't happen. Even if it did, this is why I said "Its not mandatory, but IF they do"

I really wish you humans would read and give some thought before you typed a reply. 

Skyanide is the only one who gave a good response. 

For one, this would happen. Have you met this community?

I did read what you wrote, and some officers already do give out money for good roleplay. I myself do not because it's my money.

Ouch brew. You got really mean really quick. 

I am sorry man. I forgot that this earth we live on forbids charity of any kind.

I am the devil himself for trying to think of an idea to bring the cops / civilians together!

How shall I ever become a better human?

My soul is impure and my ideas are defiled. 

Maybe you can help me?

Ill just go buy a few houses Ill never use, but hey! I can still brag about it.

Ill go buy 15 more Hatchbacks just in case one blows up!

Ill go buy suicide vests and kill a few people just for some laughs!

That will be so much better use of my HARD EARNED MONEY I GOT DRIVING AROUND AS A COP rather than GIVING IT TO SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY USE IT!!!

Edited by Deathslug
3 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

Ouch brew. You got really mean really quick. 

I am sorry man. I forgot that this earth we live on forbids charity of any kind.

I am the devil himself for trying to think of an idea to bring the cops / civilians together!

How shall I ever become a better human?

My soul is impure and my ideas are defiled. 

Maybe you can help me?

Ill just go buy a few houses Ill never use, but hey! I can still brag about it.

Ill go buy 15 more Hatchbacks just in case one blows up!

Ill go buy suicide vests and kill a few people just for some laughs!

That will be so much better use of my HARD EARNED MONEY I GOT DRIVING AROUND AS A COP rather than GIVING IT TO SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY USE IT!!!

Lol Im just toxic af. Don't take it personally. I just don't like people who try shoving their opinion in my face and don't take into consideration others.

Also, what I said is that deep down, it's up to the person themselves if they give away the money or not. You can if you want, I couldn't care less. But I wouldn't 

Edited by Brew
40 minutes ago, Deathslug said:

Hey guys! I am a constable and yes I play as a rebel on civilian, like most of you.

We all come across new players. As cops we make bank. 

I see constables using the free gun. Lmao. How greedy can you get?

Why the fuck would I buy an MX-series weapon if I don't need it? Sure I'll get them occasionally when I've made a bunch of money, but not always.

Just because I like to earn my money and keep it doesn't make me greedy. Stop telling me I'm greedy for spending my money on myself. As far as I know nobody is suffering from AIDS/Cancer/Disabilities IN Altis Life, so there is no need for charity.

Bersabee likes this

You put a suggestion on the forums and it got criticized (all of it negative).  Asylum tends to have some harsh replies (where's atmosphere?) so don't ignite any fights, just make your point and move on. 

Also, the reason you're getting hate now is because you're criticizing other people for how THEY play and what they do with THEIR in game money. 

Edited by Skyanide
Bersabee, Deathslug and Atmosphere like this

Thank you Skyanide. I learn from experience. I will not reply to en-flame the fire any more. Ill let others reply and I will just read and wait to see what happens. 

This is my last reply!  I thank you all in advance for reading this thread and giving your opinion. 

but if your reply is an insult to my human being's intelligence  I ask an admin to charge that player with harassment ! =] *giggles* jk hay hay

Edited by Deathslug

I think it's up to the officer to do what they want with their own money. I don't think it should be a requirement. You don't want people thinking, "Oh he's a cop I can get free money". Money in Asylum should be earned. It gives new players more experience to earn their own money. It's good to learn the basics before getting more money than you know what to do with, if you're a new player. Maybe they should start automatically with a little more money so they can buy a vehicle. Then again I have no clue how much new players start with these days. I started 2 years ago, so I'm sure things have changed.

Bersabee likes this

For someone who seems brand new to Asylum, you sure have a lot of suggestions/opinions. 

I give away money all the time, but no one should force anyone to do anything like that. 

I suggest you spend a little more time on Asylum before you ruin your reputation by suggesting things/sharing your opinions. 

The last thing the APD needs to be doing is giving out money like the American government gives out food-stamps to it's fellow citizens without question. When I joined as a new player, I received nothing and if anything died more times with items that could be sold for money than I did actually making in the end. Asylum isn't a charity for new people, it's successful RP server.....or....it's a successful life server because of it's simplicity and gang structure, but what makes it more mesmerizing is the risk factor. The risk of going out to mine for diamonds or certain ores, or to solo doing drugs, it's the adrenaline rush new people get when they first join asylum that keeps them coming back in the end. Giving them what is suppose to come across as rare or hard, only makes their joy for asylum burn out quicker.

Bersabee and Sky like this

When I've been on the richer side of things, I have on occasion given money to a newer player, as I remember what a pain it was starting out, but to impose a rule, or "reward" for charity is absurd. If you want to give out money, by all means go for it, but don't expect a "reward". Charity isn't charity if you're basically buying a perk, set of clothes, title ect. You can call players greedy, or insult them because they don't live up to your standards and expectations. Why do people "need" so much money? Same reason the new civ "needs" money, they don't. You can Asylum with less than 15k, granted you wont have access to the nice toys, or perks that come with having lots of money. A lot of players worked, and worked for their cash, and don't want, or need to give it away to another player just because they're new. Plenty of us here NEVER got any handouts, and honestly neither should you. In regards to cops making bank all the time ezpz. Fuck no. Unless you're a career cop, play at peek times (and actually catch those nice bounties) you can, and will lose money as a cop unless you stick to the basic load out, and let someone else  pull a car. A rule and/or reward for charity will never happen. You can get mad and insult everyone that doesn't agree with you (basically the whole community) but that won't change the fact that it will not happen.

TL;DR

Want to be nice and give out money? Go for it.

Want to give out money for a reward/title/perk? Fuck no -1

Bersabee likes this

I used to find civs doing legal work and offer to protect their vehicle; I would tell them if they pulled a cargo vehicle like the box truck or bigger I would put a tracker on it and if they got robbed which they often did I would be able to track it and try to stop the robbers before they chopped it. Sometimes I was able to save it and sometimes it got chopped. If it got chopped I would give them the money to buy a new one. I made a lot of rebels really mad and a lot of civs very happy. There are plenty of things you can do to help people out and improve their experience when you have everything and they are just getting started. Just use some creativity, be nice to people and try to have a good time.

Edited by Ozadu
Bersabee likes this

I make bank as cop, and because I'm not devoted to a gang, I don't lose nearly as much as other people to cartels, ifrits, orca's, etc. 

However, a lot of that hard(ly) earned money goes to three things: Explosives to fuck around with, rebel gear to hunt the SDAR-using scrubs preying on innocent players, and of course, giving it away to deserving people...when I witness them. Some more thoughts:

1. There shouldn't be a reward for being nice. Especially since a lot of cops will start "being nice" to people...while in contact over Steam.

2. You shouldn't give stuff out just 'cause. If somebody asks me for 50k so they can buy a hemmit and start running drugs again, I'll politely tell them to fuck off. It's incredibly easy to get some starting capital in this game, especially with all the legal methods that rarely get robbed.

3. When I DO give stuff away, however, is when someone needs it. If I see someone get robbed at processing/store after a long run, I kill the robber, teabag them a couple times, and then wire the victim whatever I thought their stuff was worth (can't revive them cause when I'm in town it's usually because I recently died and lost my med gear). Same thing applies to divers/oil runners who blow up their boats. 

tl;dr being greedy is no good but being too nice is just asking for abuse

Edited by Kowalski
Deathslug likes this