Parent Controls

Grant People play time in a perm ban  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Great Idea

• Yes
    • No

Not so much parent controls, but a system that allows players who are banned to be given 1 hour of game play, if they don't break rules, the next day will be 2 hours, ect.

While I am banned, this is not a thread to benefit me because I have moved on. Hopefully one day I can come back but If I don't I'll be fine. So please leave the smart ass comments "don't break rules and you'll be fine" out because people get banned for nonsense.

I feel that if a player gets granted 1 hour of time to play with exclusively a ban being a perm, it would be a benefit to see if they break rules within that amount of time granted.

It would teach them, to a degree on better ways to play and would possibly promote RP because their isn't much you can do within an hour. It would also let them tick their houses if they had crates full of valuables that will go to waste after the few months it might take for them to get unbanned. 

More people will break the rules if something like this is introduced; the ban system will seem too lenient.

Plus, I'm sure there's a valid reason for ~90% of permanent bans. I'm not commenting on temp bans and how valid those are.

Accidents happen, but no one gets permed for what was an 'accident'. It's either mass-rdm/vdm, a number of previous bans and another ban, or hacks/third party apps.

Edited by BioHazard
19 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Too much work for Admins to babysit people who broke a rule in the first place (because Bans can't be automated to do this) , not gonna happen.

what if unbanning people after 6 months of being banned ? i really got a friend who got too many bad lucks on rdms and he went perm, hes lvl 3 dono so he didnt rdm people on purpose cuz thats wasting money. 

if you fuckup, try to work it out with the person, i accidentally downed the wrong person the other day (could have been considered rdm) (he was naked), i asked if he wanted something and that i was sorry he asked 10k, assuming ur not broke you can pay a couple k comp every months assuming u dont break rules on purpose

if you do feel like breaking rules join BnH

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

u will get promoted nojoke

On 3/28/2017 at 9:42 AM, MrClean said:

It would show if people don't know the rules or if they accidentally broke the rules.

People put tons of effort into their accounts and get banned for some of the smallest things that effect no one.

its called ban appeal

34 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

its called ban appeal

Yes. The only thing I don't like about ban appeals is that only the banning admin can unban the player they banned. While I trust that there is no corruption within the admin core (banning someone for their friend because they didn't get their way in a situation) I'm sure people would like to have a second look at their ban and have a second opinion. There's a lot of shit you can get banned for and not even know it. You'll log in one day and you'll be faced with a ban you don't even remember doing, or wasn't your fault to begin with. It's unfortunate but I'm sure it happens.

The problem nowadays is that some people log on to Asylum just to get people banned. They literally log in and their first thought is "who can I get banned today?" Or "how many people can I get banned today?" You do something wrong and this person will scream "you're getting banned!!!" in side chat over and over and over. Everything is "BAN BAN BAN." There are problem people that intentionally exploit and mass RDM/VDM, script, etc. Sure, toss 'em in a fire pit and let them rot.

I accidentally crashed in to someone the other day and the first thing in side chat was "VDM, comp or ban." I couldn't believe what I saw. It was obviously a freak accident (two players driving at very high speeds passing each other on the highway and then colliding because they both tried to dodge the same way). I ignored them completely after apologizing (BIG MISTAKE) and I worried for the next 3 days waiting to log on to a VDM ban but luckily nothing ever came of it.

That's just a small sliver of what I've experienced. Could it be an extremely vocal minority? Or is this the community that Asylum has become, ban hungry veterans that treat Asylum like Call of Duty/CS:GO? We have to remember people, the Arma 3 servers for Asylum are roleplaying servers. I get it thrown at me a lot that "this isn't a roleplaying server." People laugh at me when I tell them they're not great at roleplaying. While it's not a "hardcore roleplaying server" it still is a roleplaying server and that should be your priority.

I'm going to end my small rant there!

Edited by Promethieus
MrClean likes this
1 hour ago, Promethieus said:

Yes. The only thing I don't like about ban appeals is that only the banning admin can unban the player they banned. While I trust that there is no corruption within the admin core (banning someone for their friend because they didn't get their way in a situation) I'm sure people would like to have a second look at their ban and have a second opinion.

If you feel like the banning admin is just BAN BAN BAN, get a CM's oppinion on the issue. 

MrClean likes this
1 hour ago, Promethieus said:

Yes. The only thing I don't like about ban appeals is that only the banning admin can unban the player they banned. While I trust that there is no corruption within the admin core (banning someone for their friend because they didn't get their way in a situation) I'm sure people would like to have a second look at their ban and have a second opinion. There's a lot of shit you can get banned for and not even know it. You'll log in one day and you'll be faced with a ban you don't even remember doing, or wasn't your fault to begin with. It's unfortunate but I'm sure it happens.

The problem nowadays is that some people log on to Asylum just to get people banned. They literally log in and their first thought is "who can I get banned today?" Or "how many people can I get banned today?" You do something wrong and this person will scream "you're getting banned!!!" in side chat over and over and over. Everything is "BAN BAN BAN." There are problem people that intentionally exploit and mass RDM/VDM, script, etc. Sure, toss 'em in a fire pit and let them rot.

I accidentally crashed in to someone the other day and the first thing in side chat was "VDM, comp or ban." I couldn't believe what I saw. It was obviously a freak accident (two players driving at very high speeds passing each other on the highway and then colliding because they both tried to dodge the same way). I ignored them completely after apologizing (BIG MISTAKE) and I worried for the next 3 days waiting to log on to a VDM ban but luckily nothing ever came of it.

That's just a small sliver of what I've experienced. Could it be an extremely vocal minority? Or is this the community that Asylum has become, ban hungry veterans that treat Asylum like Call of Duty/CS:GO? We have to remember people, the Arma 3 servers for Asylum are roleplaying servers. I get it thrown at me a lot that "this isn't a roleplaying server." People laugh at me when I tell them they're not great at roleplaying. While it's not a "hardcore roleplaying server" it still is a roleplaying server and that should be your priority.

I'm going to end my small rant there!

way to tell the truth. it hurts to read and most don't care or they ignore.

but sadly asylum could be x10 better but have admins that shouldn't be admins .. and a system that can be improved

:example: naked civs with no bounty should not get banned for combat logging