Jailing Suggestion

Just now, Budbringer said:

"Easely pay it off" The reason they can pay it off in the first place is that they not waste money on their tickets

Then whats they point in the police to give them a ticket?  Might as well send them to jail willy nilly by the way you just stated it.  They have many opportunities to get out.  They have jury, they have a prison break and they can be put to death by the governor.

5 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

How do you suggest you will be promoted when no one know who you are?

I'm not offering any suggestion of how to be promoted when no one knows who you are. You offered the solution that the higher ups of the APD should promote people who know how to lead, and I'm telling you that a high percentage of people who know how to lead, or be tactically effective don't want to achieve their promotion by means of sucking up to the correct people. God forbid someone want to be noticed/rewarded because of their good work, and not flattery skills.

Reavantos, Steve and Murmurs like this
6 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

Then whats they point in the police to give them a ticket?  Might as well send them to jail willy nilly by the way you just stated it.  They have many opportunities to get out.  They have jury, they have a prison break and they can be put to death by the governor.

Fairly certain death penalty happens after your jail time expires, you simply die instead of spawn infront of the prison.

Hypanius, allthough i like the original idea it seems everyone just loves their bank account too much to accept it.

If you really want to put away with all the criminal scum,

have cop/civ life be one,

have a real application form,

manditory training (pretty sure there are enough sgt's in just about every timezone, if not, you might really want to go get them)

Real loadout (were up against 7.62 and the advantage of an ambush, ghillisuits and plate carriers, actually trained and coordinated infantery, sometimes even MRAPS and .50's)(we have numbers of stupid and impatient without experience or sufficient armour. Sure we are police, but we have the tasks of a militairy (almost))

Steve likes this
1 hour ago, Hypanius said:

Just a few points. 

1.Out of all the things wrong with the APD why would you focus time and effort on a system that already works perfectly fine. Always has. always will. This isn't A3L. 

2. As a Captain you seem to have really bought into the whole cop vs civ mentality which is disappointing. Perhaps you should try some rebel activities or wear some gang tags and see how you get treated, just get another perspective of the variety of ways people in the community play asylum. You seem far to focused on what big gangs do and not how such a policy would effect every type of player. Not everyone has 10 or so friends in a gang able to successfully break them out of jail or the ability to convince a jury.

3. mk20 is a great weapon in the right hands, for both ranged and CQC engagements. Cop load-outs do not cost that much for the average constable, higher ups spend more but they should also make more due to the higher amount of time they play cop. Anyone coming back 5-6 times with a load-out maybe shouldn't be allowed to buy one. 

4. Playing cop is the single most easy way to make money on asylum. Requires no-little effort for some and big returns for the collective work of all officers.  

5. Budbringer is spot on for a lot of this. The fact is that one or two players who can lead or shoot on cop make the world of difference in any fight. I'm honestly tired of hearing how one sided the bank is.  It's not the bank its the teams, the players on either side. You have people in gangs with over 2000+ hours fighting a big mix of players with variable experience, people who might have only played a few weeks. To find any cop who tries to discuss a strategy or to lead is very rare, its not just a higher up issue but when these players are active its game changing for scenarios such as the bank.  

You know what would be interesting, take an average channel of cops and make them defend the bank against a gang who will play as cop. I'd bet my whole asylum account that the gang cops would win, in ANY scenario. 

If you want this to change you'd need to find experienced players of asylum willing to contribute to the APD or meet requirements for promotion. That is a real issue, attracting experienced players for higher roles in the APD. 

Edited by Inquisitor
8 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

Did you really just ask this??

9 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Just a few points. 

Im just going to ignore your entire post because its very clear you have no idea who Hyp is, or how he plays the game.  Hyp has played and still plays rebel. Hyp plays solo most of the time, he runs drugs, shoots cops, break the law just like any other rebel.  While he may not as much with obvious obligations, saying he is ignorant of it is..... just..... Lets not jump to conclusions.

We have plenty of cops who can shoot, and plenty of cops with tactical knowledge.  Those things do not make up for superior positioning and people who play with each other ALL the time.  It is possible for cops to win, we have and we will continue to do so. But that doest not mean we will win even half the time, at the rate its at its probably 80% lose. That's not because we are bad, its not because of tactics.  It is simply the way its balanced.

The idea was an idea, He threw numbers out because numbers are required for the suggestion.  Simply put it doesnt have to be a major fee 50% is beyond ridiculous. Somewhere between 5-10% maxed out at 10k would be something more along the lines of what I would suggest.  Asylum is built on 3 things, making money, fighting, and RP. We need money sinks, players need to face a bit of a financial penalty other than just losing gear.

Edited by HotWings
6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Im just going to ignore your entire post because its very clear you have no idea who Hyp is, or how he plays the game.  Hyp has played and still plays rebel. Hyp plays solo most of the time, he runs drugs, shoots cops, break the law just like any other rebel.  While he may not as much with obvious obligations, saying he is ignorant of it is..... just..... Lets not jump to conclusions.

The idea was an idea, He threw numbers out because numbers are required for the suggestion.  Simply put it doesnt have to be a major fee 50% is beyond ridiculous. Somewhere between 5-10% maxed out at 10k would be something more along the lines of what I would suggest.  Asylum is built on 3 things, making money, fighting, and RP. We need money sinks, players need to face a bit of a financial penalty other than just losing gear.

You're going to ignore my entire post because of one statement, I really don't believe I need to know who he is to be drawn to such a conclusion, I feel like anyone who plays and experiences civilian life on a daily basis wouldn't have come to think this post was such a good idea and from reading his posts i can come to my own conclusions . I think you should read my post as i believe I've made some pretty valid points. 

Money sinks yes, this would be a money black hole. 

If i get lethaled should you take some of my money too? To pay for the bodybag and such? I mean of all things that is the easiest way out of jail. 

Edited by Inquisitor
2 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Just a few points. 

1.Out of all the things wrong with the APD why would you focus time and effort on a system that already works perfectly fine. Always has. always will. This isn't A3L. 

2. As a Captain you seem to have really bought into the whole cop vs civ mentality which is disappointing. Perhaps you should try some rebel activities or where some gang tags and see how you get treated, just get another perspective of the variety of ways people in the community play asylum. You seem far to focused on what big gangs do and not how such a policy would effect every type of player. Not everyone has 10 or so friends in a gang able to successfully break them out of jail or the ability to convince a jury.

3. mk20 is a great weapon in the right hands, for both ranged and CQC engagements. Cop load-outs do not cost that much for the average constable, higher ups spend more but they should also make more due to the higher amount of time they play cop. Anyone coming back 5-6 times with a load-out maybe shouldn't be allowed to buy one. 

4. Playing cop is the single most easy way to make money on asylum. Requires no-little effort for some and big returns for the collective work of all officers.  

5. Budbringer is spot on for a lot of this. The fact is that one or two players who can lead or shoot on cop make the world of difference in any fight. I'm honestly tired of hearing how one sided the bank is.  It's not the bank its the teams, the players on either side. You have people in gangs with over 2000+ hours fighting a big mix of players with variable experience, people who might have only played a few weeks. To find any cop who tries to discuss a strategy or to lead is very rare, its not just a higher up issue but when these players are active its game changing for scenarios such as the bank.  

You know what would be interesting, take an average channel of cops and make them defend the bank against a gang who will play as cop. I'd bet my whole asylum account that the gang cops would win, in ANY scenario. 

If you want this to change you'd need to find experienced players of asylum willing to contribute to the APD or meet requirements for promotion. That is a real issue, attracting experienced players for higher roles in the APD. 

1) Fair enough but this was also a suggestion to direct something towards what the APD was created for: To be a money sink.

2) Back when I was a constable way back when I was part of the Rebel Syndicate (Shadow Hawx division) and would roll around with the FSA guys doing feds on fed island and running meth for a bit of time so I have been a rebel before.  I still do illegal activities when on civ so.

3) With this suggestion, cops not coming back with appropriate equipment is running meat into a grinder in a lot of situations.  Specially if the situation is turning into a sniper fest which rebels win 90% of the time.

4) Correct which is not what it should be completely about.  But lose enough orcas, hunters, Mk1, mxms and you will be reeling.

5) Not completely correct, cops have to cross Africa to get close to the bank in order to stop it.  Takes 1 of 2 things to stop it.  Kill the guy doing it, disable the drill.  Last week sniped Rodrigo from first ATM with a mk1 to stop the Bank which looked pointless because we could not get to the first floor to stop it.  Everyone was so happy.  Who was leading that Mr. Anders?  That would be me.  Thank you.  Not all Higher ups are bad at strategy.  I would personally put myself at average which is why I like to take suggestions.  Shooting?  Average.  Lets take starance for a second.  He is also ok at shooting and he is really good at leading (My personal opinion).  Is he bad because he is not as good at shooting than the rebels?

25 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

3) With this suggestion, cops not coming back with appropriate equipment is running meat into a grinder in a lot of situations.  Specially if the situation is turning into a sniper fest which rebels win 90% of the time.

5) Not completely correct, cops have to cross Africa to get close to the bank in order to stop it.  Takes 1 of 2 things to stop it.  Kill the guy doing it, disable the drill.  Last week sniped Rodrigo from first ATM with a mk1 to stop the Bank which looked pointless because we could not get to the first floor to stop it.  Everyone was so happy.  Who was leading that Mr. Anders?  That would be me.  Thank you.  Not all Higher ups are bad at strategy.  I would personally put myself at average which is why I like to take suggestions.  Shooting?  Average.  Lets take starance for a second.  He is also ok at shooting and he is really good at leading (My personal opinion).  Is he bad because he is not as good at shooting than the rebels?

Appropriate equipment?  You literally need to buy a scope and some lethals for the mk20 and you are set. Don't recall the last time I bought an mx, You don't even need it. This is for the standard officers, Lt's with mk's can offer you a lot more but they don't die 5-6 times in one fight. 

Not all are bad at it but in reality most are. I'm not only referring to higher ups though. Literally any officer who can lead or shoot makes a difference. Notice i say lead or shoot. The person can be one or the other or both and still make a vital difference. Don't take this so personally, its not about you or Anders or anyone but the wider perspective of the APD during engagements. 

Do you know how many locations for cartels are one-sided for defenders? It makes a difference when the top gangs clash but when a top gang will attack coke castle or east arms they will still beat a smaller one. Why? Skill, experience, comms, strategy and the fact they play together on a daily basis everything you will not get on cop in a average engagement.  

For gang vs gang fights a group of experienced players will beat the lesser experienced the majority of the time, the location will only make a significant difference if both teams are playing at a similar level. This in a way applies itself to rebel vs cop fights, its mostly down to ability over location. 

Edited by Inquisitor

wtf type of suggestion

"here man you have a 300k bounty and 700k in the bank, you're not paying the ticket so take the 45 minutes in jail and I'll also be taking 150k from you even though i already get payed..."

m8 implement durga's rp room suggestion and i will +1 you

Edited by Sean // Fitty Bread
2 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

its mostly down to ability over location. 

You clearly have no idea how combat actually works.  Location is the biggest key when it comes to fighting.  Why do you think will only engage in certain areas unless forced to fight elsewhere? 

21 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

3. What equipment. I bounty hunt a lot, and we go up against mks a carrier lites all the time, and we clean the wanted list

5. Congratulations, you succesfully killed a player from 400 meters. You just said you are not bad at strategy, yet you failed to even get to the first floor. When you decided to go snipe, what did all the cadets do with the cqc scopes, snipe?

3 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Maybe cops should actually RP and instead of giving me a half ticket actually listen to a fucking story.

"Maybe rebels should actually RP and instead of getting salty actually come up with a good story."

Each side can make the other look just as bad. You have bad experiences with cops, and we have bad experiences with rebels/gangs. You know how you hope for a good cop who will listen to your story? We hope for a rebel/gang who won't kick and scream like a toddler. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: No side is innocent.

Edited by Creic
DreamC likes this
3 hours ago, Hypanius said:

lol

every bank I've ever been a part of the cops don't have the goal of stop the bank in their heads, they have the mission of "Get all the rebels." When 3 people leave in a car because they downed 1 person no shit you are going to lose that bank. Have Kuklinski make the strategy guarantee you'll see more success than the cops have right now. You sitting 400m away sniping is why i am always the one drilling and playing fucking pokemon showdown in another screen.

Also, why even suggest things that have to do with civs right now? There are enough problems in the apd as it is, 3x the cops and you still lose feds/pbs/banks, no strategy, clear bias towards people, RP being thrown out the window because of a tag next to your name

3 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

3. What equipment. I bounty hunt a lot, and we go up against mks a carrier lites all the time, and we clean the wanted list

5. Congratulations, you succesfully killed a player from 400 meters. You just said you are not bad at strategy, yet you failed to even get to the first floor. When you decided to go snipe, what did all the cadets do with the cqc scopes, snipe?

10/10

Edited by Sean // Fitty Bread
Just now, HotWings said:

You clearly have no idea how combat actually works.  Location is the biggest key when it comes to fighting.  Why do you think will only engage in certain areas unless forced to fight elsewhere? 

Maybe i didn't say it right, what i mean is locations  makes a difference when the sides are at a similar level. Nv vs serenity or insanity but when these gangs fight against a kavala gang it doesn't matter where they fight they will win and that is essentially what it breaks down to on cop. You have such a variable skill level playing against a gang of high standards, the advantage is in numbers and infinite lives or maybe once in a while someone has the ability to make a difference. 

1 minute ago, Diseased said:

I just want Paratus to add a scenario where COPS get to defend and we can finally show them how to attack.

The slaughter will still be there friends.

Such a scenario doesn't have to be added. Text ahead saying you plan to go for bank, and I'd be willing to bet that the cops would set up to defend the bank. If we get word of a bank/fed/prison, we're allowed to defend. Give the cops the same amount of time a gang would need to set up for the bank.

This isn't me issuing any sort of "try us" challenge, I'm just giving an example of how you could go about your suggestion without needing Paratus to add such a scenario.

Edited by Creic
Just now, Diseased said:

I just want Paratus to add a scenario where COPS get to defend and we can finally show them how to attack.

The slaughter will still be there friends.

alright listen up m8

APD Turfs:

Each Turf now controls a city (Zaros = Kavala, Rodopoli = Athira and Sofia, Panagia = Pyrgos)

Each Turf can now be owned by the APD, they do not need to wait until it is red (that is saved for gangvgang) but can go with a CPL or higher to 'take it' just like how civs fight for it

Each Turf controls that city, the income from that city goes to the turf fridge. If the APD captures it, they can seize the money and disperse it among the online officers.

When a gang owns it the city drug dealer provides 110% more

When a cop owns it the drug dealer will snitch and say who is selling to him

Drug Assault:

The APD can now go to a drug dealer in a city that they own from the turf and initiate a drug raid

the owner of drug cartel will be alerted and a random fridge will be placed in a select few locations 

the apd has to defend this area for 10 minutes

if successful they take the money from the drug cartel fridge as a seize

Patrick likes this
Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

alright listen up m8

APD Turfs:

Each Turf now controls a city (Zaros = Kavala, Rodopoli = Athira and Sofia, Panagia = Pyrgos)

Each Turf can now be owned by the APD, they do not need to wait until it is red (that is saved for gangvgang) but can go with a CPL or higher to 'take it' just like how civs fight for it

Each Turf controls that city, the income from that city goes to the turf fridge. If the APD captures it, they can seize the money and disperse it among the online officers.

When a gang owns it the city drug dealer provides 110% more

When a cop owns it the drug dealer will snitch and say who is selling to him

Drug Assault:

The APD can now go to a drug dealer in a city that they own from the turf and initiate a drug raid

the owner of drug cartel will be alerted and a random fridge will be placed in a select few locations 

the apd has to defend this area for 10 minutes

if successful they take the money from the drug cartel fridge as a seize

Sean 4 cm?

Just weeded through this entire thing and damn this is a winding train track.

To all those who immediately "dumb idea'd" Hyps OP, don't just shoot it down. Take concepts and build on them or something. I see where you're coming from Hypanius, I almost never pay my tickets over 20k and I roll 900k+ all day. ITS too easy to get gang mates to get jury to release or even pb's aren't impossible. However, 50% is huge. And what if there was a way to tie jail % to bank's payout or something.

As for bank, I don't find them exceedingly hard lately. Majority of the time, the cops come out on top. Either by stopping bank all together with arrests, preventing access to the money after success, or rebels just bail out after completion.  I can't remember the last time I felt defeated at a bank. I love when P4s gang regulars are on cop, because I can count on them for specific roles to fulfill. I'm a good pilot, but I will gladly pull an orca for some of these great pilots to use in an engagement.

Sean // Fitty Bread and DreamC like this

I think there should be more straight to jail offences for some charges like add a murder charge next to manslaughter or something like that since if you kill/murder someone you should not really have a chance to pay a small ticket of 5k x (Amount you killed) and then be set free to just go kill someone else, i think then if this would be implemented murder would be if you kill someone outside of a fight lets say if you rob someone and end up killing them then its murder or if you text the police and initiate it should be considered murder.

I don't know how people feel about this but i think it would be more interesting to have these kind of straight to jail offences because rebel dosen't anyways pays tickets above 30-40k maybe even sometimes 20k. It could also work if your bounty is over a certain limit that it could be a straight to jail offence

Just now, Churu said:

I think there should be more straight to jail offences for some charges like add a murder charge next to manslaughter or something like that since if you kill/murder someone you should not really have a chance to pay a small ticket of 5k x (Amount you killed) and then be set free to just go kill someone else, i think then if this would be implemented murder would be if you kill someone outside of a fight lets say if you rob someone and end up killing them then its murder or if you text the police and initiate it should be considered murder.

I don't know how people feel about this but i think it would be more interesting to have these kind of straight to jail offences because rebel dosen't anyways pays tickets above 30-40k maybe even sometimes 20k. It could also work if your bounty is over a certain limit that it could be a straight to jail offence

If its not broke dont Fail at fixing it. Thats why 6.0 killed the servers.