Recommendation for Police Apps Next Time They Open

Your suggestions are dumb

Your comments are dumb' date=' try contributing to the discussion next time.

Part of the problem with your suggestion is the inability to accurately judge these characteristics through our current application process for the APD. Someone could easily act mature and serious during the application process and then turn out to be complete opposite. We already have enough of those cops across the ranks! Age is a simple barrier that helps weed out those characteristics with the hope that meeting the age restriction will result in better character.[/font']

Part of the problem with your suggestion is the inability to accurately judge these characteristics through our current application process for the APD. Someone could easily act mature and serious during the application process and then turn out to be complete opposite. We already have enough of those cops across the ranks! Age is a simple barrier that helps weed out those characteristics with the hope that meeting the age restriction will result in better character.[/font']

Thank you Sneeky

Didn't ask for a paragraph. Jeez

I doubt it would happen but what if

17 for those applying the old way

Under 17 if personally vouched for by a sgt or above? Sort of like being recruited. The recruiter would be helf responsible for his recruits actions. This would make sure that they only vouch for people whom they KNOW will follow the rules and be an asset to APD

It is a good idea to require that people be mature and not trolls' date=' however everybody has had this idea. What we really need are [i']good ideas on how to enforce it.

How do you propose we enforce that APD applicants are all mature?

EDIT: Loving the SGT logo beneath my avatar, that's dope

Have them go through the standard procedure, application, TS interview, and then a one week ride-along. However now, you would let a Sergeant or above do the ride along, and from that point you can have the Sergeant decide if he is mature enough. If he isn't he would get denied, but if he is mature enough he would get Constable. As Kowalski said there are some immature adults, and some very mature teens under the age limit. So they should be judged solely on professionalism, and character, as well as being mature.

I doubt it would happen but what if

17 for those applying the old way

Under 17 if personally vouched for by a sgt or above? Sort of like being recruited. The recruiter would be helf responsible for his recruits actions. This would make sure that they only vouch for people whom they KNOW will follow the rules and be an asset to APD

I could get behind that as long as the person vouching doesn't complain when they receive points for what the person they vouched for did.

Unfortunately, in the vast majority of cases age is a great barrier to set in place to ensure a more mature police force. Yes people still slip through the cracks, but it is the best system we have. There is no way to tell maturity from a single interview and we already reserve the right to deny anyone we think would not be a good fit for the force during the interview process. We don't want squeakers slipping through either.

Honestly, the age limit could probably be higher and it would improve things, but 17 is a pretty decent bar as it stands.

I honestly hope you NEVER get cop' date=' you're a way too serious piece of shit that no one likes.[/quote']

Wow wtf. I am a cop on an A3L server, and an Altis Life Server. When I do my police work, I let people off easy and I try to interact with the community as much as possible. I hope I do take my job seriously, I mean that's what we are supposed to do. However I try to be that fun cop that everyone likes, while doing my job. I am known on an Altis Life Server that I am a cop on as "The Cop That's The Bomb" hence my name. When I am not responding to a call, I hang out with the community and chit chat. I try to be friendly as possible.

Have them go through the standard procedure' date=' application, TS interview, and then a one week ride-along. However now, you would let a Sergeant or above do the ride along, and from that point you can have the Sergeant decide if he is mature enough. If he isn't he would get denied, but if he is mature enough he would get Constable. As Kowalski said there are some immature adults, and some very mature teens under the age limit. So they should be judged solely on professionalism, and character, as well as being mature.

What you just described is a process exactly identical to what we currently have. It doesn't make any sense to make any maturity judgements during the ridealong because everyone is on their best possible behavior at that moment. I have never given a RA and thought "this person is too immature". So what you suggested changes almost nothing. If anyone is excessively immature during their cadet week, guess what, they get removed from the APD.

What you just described is a process exactly identical to what we currently have. It doesn't make any sense to make any maturity judgements during the ridealong because everyone is on their best possible behavior at that moment. I have never given a RA and thought "this person is too immature". So what you suggested changes almost nothing. If anyone is excessively immature during their cadet week' date=' guess what, they get removed from the APD. [/quote']

Why is there an age limit then? As long as they do their job good I just don't understand. There are immature adults, and mature ones. Same with teens. As long as they do their job correctly there shouldn't be a problem

Wow wtf. I am a cop on an A3L server' date=' and an Altis Life Server. When I do my police work, I let people off easy and I try to interact with the community as much as possible. I hope I do take my job seriously, I mean that's what we are [b']supposed to do.

Thats the issue, it's not a fucking job, it's a videogame. Don't expect people to take shit serious on a LIGHT rp server.

We don't give a shit about A3L and their shitty cops, we don't want those types of cops.

Zoex likes this

Why is there an age limit then? As long as they do their job good I just don't understand. There are immature adults' date=' and mature ones. Same with teens. As long as they do their job correctly there shouldn't be a problem[/quote']

New forum, same threads... Because before the age restriction, the amount of IA reports were nuts. Due to this Both the Staff of Asylum and the APD highers up will not lower the age limit. We have a good standard and a good process.

I think next time they open police apps there should not be an age limit but there should be certain restrictions

• 1. No Squeakers

• 2. No trolls

• 3. You must be mature

• 4. If you happen to be underage' date=' you must have previous experience
    [/list']
    • Last but not least, you must act professional!

I agree the age limit could be lowered possibly, but there should be a limit. If you have ever played on a different life server, you've seen the 12 year old cops. It's absolutely ridiculous. The powertrip on those little kids is no joke. As sneaky said, it's impossible to detect maturity within an application, and what Olivia said during a ride along. Hence why an age limit is usually a good way to weed them out. Sure, a few 14 year olds are extremely mature, but at the cost of how many aren't, it's a good system.

And if it were to be lowered, maybe just to 16 or 15. I know many 16/15 year olds who are extremely mature.

I think next time they open police apps there should not be an age limit but there should be certain restrictions

• 1. No Squeakers

• 2. No trolls

• 3. You must be mature

• 4. If you happen to be underage' date=' you must have previous experience
    [/list']
    • Last but not least, you must act professional!