Feedback on Admin Help

The wait for admins to help people for ban appeals and any other form of help is Ridiculous. I had a friend waiting for help and he waited and waited for 7 hours! still NO help! How is the acceptable? There needs to be a change. People should not wait that long for "customer service"! It makes the sever and admins look bad. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!

12 minutes ago, Capua said:

People should not wait that long for "customer service"!

shame the admins aren't paid, otherwise it would be a customer service, admins do what they can in their spare time, but they are also long time community members of Asylum and all enjoy playing, so they play the game as well, they volunteer their own free time to do what they do, they are not paid to sit there answering calls from people that need help.

21 minutes ago, Fluxah said:

shame the admins aren't paid, otherwise it would be a customer service, admins do what they can in their spare time, but they are also long time community members of Asylum and all enjoy playing, so they play the game as well, they volunteer their own free time to do what they do, they are not paid to sit there answering calls from people that need help.

Unfortunately this man is right. We're all volunteers who offer up free time that we have besides having our jobs and/or studies.

I just checked the Ban Appeal section and would like to say that these are checked and replied to daily. You have to keep in mind that not everyone is of the same timezone and that when you make a ban appeal that admin could be asleep (normal person's sleep is like what.. 8 hours?) which means you'll have to wait some time. Do you mind telling me the name of your friend so I can see if his appeal was actually forgotten or perhaps being processed?

The player reporting section has a few reports that are not yet handled, however some reports are not a simple "RDM" or "VDM" and require us to gather extra evidence or information before we can make a verdict. I'm sure that if you're on the receiving end of the punishment, or even when you're the one reporting, you'd like for us to make sure everything is in order in case we drop the banhammer.

On the matter of other forms of support. The General Support forum is completely caught up and is continuously being caught up (especially the compensation forum). So I guess the only issue that remains in that regard is the fact we ask people to wait in the TS compensation channels once they have their compensation granted. Currently I notice about one person in this channel and earlier it was about 2-3. In regards to the amount of unique players we have, which is about a 1500-2000 per day or something.. Is a very good number.

I won't say we, the admin team, and our systems are fully flawless and that we're number one in regards to support. But this is arguably impossible to achieve with volunteers. Customer support from companies has people paid to sit in call centers their whole day and even then it sometimes takes hours to get a call in (try it out, you'll see). But I can assure you we try our best where possible in our current situation to get everything resolved in due time. We also can't switch to an automated system unfortunately as these work black and white. Which means a lot of people might just instead of getting comp granted get denied or perhaps even blacklisted for things we might give a second chance for.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation from our side and I personally, and probably as well on behalf of the Administration team of Asylum, thank you for your feedback in regards to this.

Kind regards,
DJScias

Vanilla, Crow, Midamaru and 9 others like this
20 minutes ago, Fluxah said:

On another note i've been in the Admin Office for almost 2 hours now. If your friend needs something other than sneaky he is free to ask.

2 hours ago, Hiraku said:

First off, you aint paying shit, so you aint a customer.

Secondly, the admins arnt paid, this is their hobby.

This is very true, however I do believe that something needs to be done about the wait time for support. Maybe invest in having a non-staff Support Team to deal with these issues instead of having admins deal with almost everything. Give the admins value, and allow them to deal with more serious matters.

Matthew and JonSnow like this

People should learn to have patience.

Asylum isn't a company nor the staff is a servicedesk. 

The services they give you are free and done in reasonable time. It's a game, really buggy too so lots of things go wrong. Be glad that there is a way to get compensation instead of being fucked. 

Reports are always dealt with swiftly as i notice it, there's no complaining there. But ban appeals.. People whine about the time they need to take to fix their own rulebreaking? 

Be patient and appreciate that we HAVE a staff wiling to dedicate hundreds of hours supporting this community. 

Wait times are fine, the people are not.

Martin =^.^= likes this
14 hours ago, DJScias said:

I just checked the Ban Appeal section and would like to say that these are checked and replied to daily. You have to keep in mind that not everyone is of the same timezone and that when you make a ban appeal that admin could be asleep (normal person's sleep is like what.. 8 hours?) which means you'll have to wait some time. Do you mind telling me the name of your friend so I can see if his appeal was actually forgotten or perhaps being processed?

The player reporting section has a few reports that are not yet handled, however some reports are not a simple "RDM" or "VDM" and require us to gather extra evidence or information before we can make a verdict. I'm sure that if you're on the receiving end of the punishment, or even when you're the one reporting, you'd like for us to make sure everything is in order in case we drop the banhammer.

You can tell the difference between good mods/Admin and bad ones when you see they read your message about the reasoning on your ban, and you get no response and sometimes you do.

Edited by Deathslug
On 2/4/2016 at 10:13 PM, Capua said:

The wait for admins to help people for ban appeals and any other form of help is Ridiculous. I had a friend waiting for help and he waited and waited for 7 hours! still NO help! How is the acceptable? There needs to be a change. People should not wait that long for "customer service"! It makes the sever and admins look bad. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Due to the fact that only the admin who placed a given ban can handle the appeal, the wait is generally longer as you have to deal with one individual admin. This policy is in place to ensure that each case is handled by someone who has seen all the evidence and has all the relevant information. 

Unfortunately this means that if you choose to handle it through teamspeak rather than the forums, you're likely to have to wait. People have different timezones, work schedules and prior engagements so generally speaking, the easiest way to do it is message the admin on the forums and schedule a time to discuss the matter. 

Other administrative support is generally pretty quick and if you have an urgent need to speak to an admin, you can always message someone on teamspeak. Hope you get it sorted out, but if you would prefer not to wait you can always file an appeal here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/69-ban-appeal-process/

I get the different time zones. What I do not get is having to wait for the admin who banned you. What if that admin just has it out for you or sees something and the admin is in the wrong and you get a prem ban. Then you appeal it and that same admin denies you and you know he is in the wrong. How is one suppose to get around that?

1 hour ago, Capua said:

I get the different time zones. What I do not get is having to wait for the admin who banned you. What if that admin just has it out for you or sees something and the admin is in the wrong and you get a prem ban. Then you appeal it and that same admin denies you and you know he is in the wrong. How is one suppose to get around that?

Go to Bamf or Motown, the community managers.

If they deny you, you're out of luck.

Be warned though, if you go to these guys just because your appeal was denied and there is a high chance you are in the wrong, theyre not going to like you very much.

Edited by Hiraku
11 hours ago, Capua said:

Or you could just not break rules? Sitting in kavala and rdming people is going to earn you a long ban. Doing this with a prior ban history is likely going to get you removed from the servers. None of the players of asylum or people who posted on this thread want to deal with that behavior.

You talk about the inconvenience caused by your friend waiting in teamspeak yet can you acknowledge the negative user experience caused by rule violations? The cumulative frustration and inconvenience that players put up with when you or a friend break the rules far surpasses your friend waiting for his appeal. I suggest you stop being selfish and stretch those eyes open to see the world. There is a lot going on that you may be missing! 

There is no doubt that people have to wait for their ban to be appealed. I do my best to respond to ban appeals while at work using my phone (provided they use the proper template). Sometimes people will wait, you may appeal when I go to bed or when I go to work. I cant control nor help that it will happen. I spend hours each day trying to contribute and it will never be enough. This is all a living organism and we just have to go along the best we can bud.