Server 6 Tanoa?

Back on the first forums I was told this probably won't happen because of the lack of cities, etc, that will not be included in the map, from paratus.  I just want to know what your views are in having a Tanoa server now?  Has your views changed since it was previously announced a year ago?  Will we ever expect a Tanoa Life server?

Edited by Enclave
23 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

Get rid of Stratis and bring in Tanoa? Honestly the Stratis server is lacking in players, for those who do play it, its unfortunate if it was removed but Tanoa might be a major selling point for players to join Asylum.

I'm pretty sure tanoa won't be added to asylum as soon as it comes out. In fact, it will probably be added at around the same time the other life servers add it, seeing as they will rush to add it asap.

And if they can add the tanoa server without getting rid of stratis, then whats the problem? Honestly there's 4 altis, 1 stratis, and the stratis one gets 60+ people at peak times which is more than enough for the map. If anything they should remove an altis one if it comes down to removing a server.

Silent likes this

Despite being a Stratis elitist, Tanoa might just change my mind. Maybe.

What I'm looking for is the same thing as Stratis: Money-making is a bit more spread out(to avoid shitstorms 24/7) yet the hub city is still occupied at all times. 

If it means a bigger, laggier map, I'm cool with it, so long as the population is properly distributed. 

I want Tanoa for new content.  New locations to fight at for Cartels/Banks/Feds/Prisons.

I really hope that Paratus considers going 2-3 Altis, 2 Tanoa if the map is suitable.  Or at the very least 3-4 Altis and 1 Tanoa.  But I would say the most interesting of all is the potential for mods with the new launcher that auto installs from steam workshop when you use its server browser function.  Can I get a yes please?

34 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I want Tanoa for new content.  New locations to fight at for Cartels/Banks/Feds/Prisons.

I really hope that Paratus considers going 2-3 Altis, 2 Tanoa if the map is suitable.  Or at the very least 3-4 Altis and 1 Tanoa.  But I would say the most interesting of all is the potential for mods with the new launcher that auto installs from steam workshop when you use its server browser function.  Can I get a yes please?

This would be great so asylum can use weapons that aren't op but are different from the ones we have. For example from battle royals they could add the Cz hunting rifle or mk16 or ak-74. Both mk and ak are 5.56 rounds.

of course Tanoa will bring new weapons but custom weapons are always a +1

Just now, CyanogenCX said:

This would be great so asylum can use weapons that aren't op but are different from the ones we have. For example from battle royals they could add the Cz hunting rifle or mk16 or ak-74. Both mk and ak are 5.56 rounds.

of course Tanoa will bring new weapons but custom weapons are always a +1

Honestly I would love to see the Ak47 (for the FSA :wub:) as well as the M4 series rifles, Shotguns and more police oriented equipment for cops.

I think that the APD is in need of some major changes and I think some equipment alterations could be the start of a reinforced return to a more roleplay direction.  Would love to see some new pistols + shotguns for the officers to patrol with and then a locker that they can gear up at that is allowed during Banks/Feds/Prisons or when opened by an LT to provide them access to M4s/M16s.  But obviously it all has to fit within the balance of Asylum so who knows.  Plus, its ultimately up to Paratus, bamf and Motown whether or not the new launcher provides simple enough ease of access for them to alter their firm stance against mods on Asylum.

Silent likes this

How it see it is that Paratus NEEDS to bust his balls to turn Tanoa into a life server for Asylum. He he fails to do this people will leave shitty altis for a couple months and play any other gamemode on the new map. If he wants the keep the server populated he must have this done as fast as possible so I hope he finds a future dev to help him with the map while he still comes out with weekly content.

2 hours ago, What zit tooya said:

How it see it is that Paratus NEEDS to bust his balls to turn Tanoa into a life server for Asylum. He he fails to do this people will leave shitty altis for a couple months and play any other gamemode on the new map. If he wants the keep the server populated he must have this done as fast as possible so I hope he finds a future dev to help him with the map while he still comes out with weekly content.

Agreed.

Tanoa is going to be rip frames though. Anyway, S5 Tanoa would be nice as many people mentioned since S5 is dead at the moment. 

To be honest though, I´d rather see a shitload of stuff added to make Altis fun again then a lot of time put into a map which will give bad fps. 

I almost always play server 5 and love the players on it. It would be unfair to strip stratis away from the community again. We get it, some of you don't like stratis cause you're tired of getting domed in the mouth every time you speak. Understandable. But if you have a problem with it then don't play it and quit bitching. It isn't hard.

13 hours ago, Ranger said:

Honestly I would love to see the Ak47 (for the FSA :wub:) as well as the M4 series rifles, Shotguns and more police oriented equipment for cops.

I think that the APD is in need of some major changes and I think some equipment alterations could be the start of a reinforced return to a more roleplay direction.  Would love to see some new pistols + shotguns for the officers to patrol with and then a locker that they can gear up at that is allowed during Banks/Feds/Prisons or when opened by an LT to provide them access to M4s/M16s.  But obviously it all has to fit within the balance of Asylum so who knows.  Plus, its ultimately up to Paratus, bamf and Motown whether or not the new launcher provides simple enough ease of access for them to alter their firm stance against mods on Asylum.

All the weapons seem kind of bland after you use them for so long. Would like to also see maybe new police vehicles added and maybe some new rebel vehicles as well.

On 2/15/2016 at 6:16 PM, Ranger said:

I didn't even know they were adding this mod launcher feature, this sounds like huge potential for asylum!  Now I'm even more excited for that update :)

Well one thing to consider is that Tanoa is a paid DLC, I believe. And no one really knows what all of Tanoa will be like either. Not to mention how long Stratis took lol, I'm sure it would take quite a considerable amount of time to prepare the map to meet "Asylum Standards." Soooo who knows! Maybe with the Eden Editor, the amount of time being saved would make up for the work.

explicit likes this

If Asylum made a Tanoa server it would give me a reason to purchase the DLC.

If Asylum adds in the new plane showed in the trailer it would also give me a reason to purchase the DLC. Even if I won't be able to fly it and potentially net myself a VDM ban in the process of trying, it will be fun! :D

Edited by eXplicit
  • 2 months later...