Asylum modded server: Please make this a whitelisted server!

There are some nice perks to being a whitelisted server but I think it really hinders people wanting to play on a server knowing they have to go through interviews. This is one of the reasons Paratus did not go to a modded server, the easy accessibility for users to join and enjoy the content.

rngr, Buck, BaDaBiNg_10-8 and 5 others like this
Just now, Olio said:

There are some nice perks to being a whitelisted server but I think it really hinders people wanting to play on a server knowing they have to go through interviews. This is one of the reasons Paratus did not go to a modded server, the easy accessibility for users to join and enjoy the content.

Yeah I understand why it's currently not a whitelisted server, I'd just like to see a server or two of Asylum as whitelisted.

Just now, Enclave said:

Yeah I understand why it's currently not a whitelisted server, I'd just like to see a server or two of Asylum as whitelisted.

Other than helping reduce rule infractions what else would benefit from being a whitelisted server? This is not me mocking you at all, just curious your thoughts.

7 minutes ago, Olio said:

Other than helping reduce rule infractions what else would benefit from being a whitelisted server? This is not me mocking you at all, just curious your thoughts.

Maybe it is a bad idea I don't know, I am just looking to reduce rule breakers.  But a modded server alone might help keep the "noobs" off the server considering most are new to the game and don't know much about modded servers

Olivia likes this
4 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

No, bad idea.  Simple as that.

Also, can we get some details as to what the modded server will have?  Like what weapon packs and vehicles?  HLC weapon packs for life.

Don't know if the admins know, but if you have ideas I would recommend to start putting them in the suggestions/feedback. I'm sure paratus wants to get as much feedback as possible while hes making it.

Edited by Destrah
Nex likes this
3 minutes ago, Destrah said:

Don't know if the admins know, but if you have ideas I would recommend to start putting them in the suggestions/feedback. I'm sure paratus wants to get as much feedback as possible while hes making it.

10/10 very helpful comment! We could all learn from this! Or at least one person can. ;)

Edited by Nex
1 hour ago, Olio said:

the new launcher auto downloads required mods though.,...so that is soon to not be not a factor. yeah the interview process is definitely a hiccup. plus 100% whitelisted servers like a3l have issues keeping a consistent player base.

On 19.2.2016 at 10:11 PM, Enclave said:

Asylum needs a white-listed server, doesn't have to be a hardcore RP server.  I've wanted one since you guys only had server #1 and #2 open.  I really hope we can see this happen in the new modded server!

Now, how thorough do these interviews need to be? If I'm gonna do that, I would have 2 questions. Do you wanne play on the server and what is your player id!

Enclave, Ebola and blinky like this
On 2/19/2016 at 4:14 PM, Olio said:

Will cops still have to be white listed on this server?

JonSnow likes this
On February 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Destrah said:

We do know, but like everything related to server development it's not public knowledge yet. I guarantee you guys will be impressed. 

Ebola, Destrah and Le Razoir like this
5 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

White listed servers without constant flow of fresh players turns to shit really fast. Player base gets stale and the health of the community goes to hell. There need to be fresh new players to keep the server sane. 

Not to mention the possibility of donations is higher with an open server. 

just like a constable hes got dolla sighs in his eyes 

Flashpoint likes this

I feel like when you guys first bring this server out, you should white list it to the current asylum community though. We've all been here long enough that we deserve to try this server out before some randoms that see it on the server list. Just how I feel. Maybe after the week/2 week stress test you can un-whitelist it then

Whitey likes this
Just now, Poko said:

I feel like when you guys first bring this server out, you should white list it to the current asylum community though. We've all been here long enough that we deserve to try this server out before some randoms that see it on the server list. Just how I feel. Maybe after the week/2 week stress test you can un-whitelist it then

+1 don't want random Kavala trools hanging out in there i want kavala trools that i have come to know and love

Once upon a time there was a guy, and he played on the glorious whitelisted server. But alas, his friend wants to join as well! This is their exchange:
Friend 1: Hey man what you playing right now?
Friend 2: Yoo bro I'm playing Asylum its so kewewelwlll

Friend 1: Oh shit mang I wanna play!

Friend 2: sure man, but first you gotta go fill out a form to request to be whitelisted, and then wait to be interviewed by an admin.

Friend 1: the fuck? Nah fuck that shit mang I'll never play tonight I only have like 2hrs to play. Lets play Siege.

Friend 2: Ok.

And then, once the hype was gone, the Asylum whitelisted server whithered and died a bloody horrific death.

Edited by Sergio
Flashpoint likes this

Leave civilian trolls if they want to do that let them be, probably they will be out of community soon (most of the trolls are rdmrs) what we need is make the medics (I know this has been told a lot of times) white listed, or at least up their vehicle prices up as a normal civilian so they spend a lot of money and probably they will not (maybe yes) starts vdming people with heli and cars.

On 2/19/2016 at 4:14 PM, Olio said:

On 2/23/2016 at 0:18 PM, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

We do know, but like everything related to server development it's not public knowledge yet. I guarantee you guys will be impressed. 

Why not port this over for everyone?