Staff that actually do shit.

Please for the love of god, make the staff do shit. There are so many RDMers on Server 1. You can hardly move without being shot in the head or ran over. These fucks need to be banned. I just wanna play the game, and not be run over or shot in the fucking head for no damn reason. Like come on Asylum get your shit together. I am not the only one who complains about this shit. We post reports about these players and boom! Another RDM or VDM by the same god damn person.

Sorry I needed to vent this complete bullshit.

Edited by Wildaw
Fixing bullshit
24 minutes ago, Wildaw said:

Please for the love of god, make the staff do shit. There are so many RDMers on Server 1. You can hardly move without being shot in the head or ran over. These fucks need to be banned. I just wanna play the game, and not be run over or shot in the fucking head for no damn reason. Like come on Asylum get your shit together. I am not the only one who complains about this shit. We post reports about these players and boom! Another RDM or VDM by the same god damn person.

I understand and can certainly empathize with your frustration. However, it's somewhat more complicated than simply "getting shit together."

First, the nature of RDM/VDM make it difficult to police. It's not a process that can be automated via logging, battleye, or scripted solution. This is compounded by the fact that the oft suggested solution of having admins in game monitoring the situation 24/7 would be ineffective too since they wouldn't be privy to texts, group combat, or verbal initiation. And that of course is to say nothing of the logistic impracticality of having people spend their free time sitting in kavala square in case someone is RDMed. 

A lot of people then go on to suggest that we shouldn't be so stringent in our evidentiary requirements. But sadly, due to either widespread misconceptions about the rules, or perhaps malice, we receive a surprising number of reports in which no rules were broken. So eschewing our more thorough approach and instead banning on conjecture would be disastrous and only serve to ruin a lot of people's experience on Asylum with false bans.

So we are left with the balance we've currently struck; relying on the community to record and report then taking the appropriate action. Sometimes this system is ineffectual, sometimes people who should be banned aren't, sometimes people that shouldn't be are due to the way things appear in a video, sometimes repeat offenders are given too much leniency, sometimes past offenders are treated unnecessarily harshly. We try very hard to make the right decisions and ensure a fun and RDM free experience, but due to technical as well as practical limitations, there will always be cases where people break the rules.

Please record and report any violations you witness. And lastly, if you find these things are happening frequently and it's harming your experience, leave Kavala. As the starter city, it's the most likely to have new players who haven't yet learned the rules in addition to providing the largest possible audience for those who wish to break the rules intentionally or troll people for attention. Leave Kavala and I think you'll find these instances are quite rare.

Hope this has addressed your concerns and helped you understand why we do things the way we do. 

9 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

I understand and can certainly empathize with your frustration. However, it's somewhat more complicated than simply "getting shit together."

First, the nature of RDM/VDM make it difficult to police. It's not a process that can be automated via logging, battleye, or scripted solution. This is compounded by the fact that the oft suggested solution of having admins in game monitoring the situation 24/7 would be ineffective too since they wouldn't be privy to texts, group combat, or verbal initiation. And that of course is to say nothing of the logistic impracticality of having people spend their free time sitting in kavala square in case someone is RDMed. 

A lot of people then go on to suggest that we shouldn't be so stringent in our evidentiary requirements. But sadly, due to either widespread misconceptions about the rules, or perhaps malice, we receive a surprising number of reports in which no rules were broken. So eschewing our more thorough approach and instead banning on conjecture would be disastrous and only serve to ruin a lot of people's experience on Asylum with false bans.

So we are left with the balance we've currently struck; relying on the community to record and report then taking the appropriate action. Sometimes this system is ineffectual, sometimes people who should be banned aren't, sometimes people that shouldn't be are due to the way things appear in a video, sometimes repeat offenders are given too much leniency, sometimes past offenders are treated unnecessarily harshly. We try very hard to make the right decisions and ensure a fun and RDM free experience, but due to technical as well as practical limitations, there will always be cases where people break the rules.

Please record and report any violations you witness. And lastly, if you find these things are happening frequently and it's harming your experience, leave Kavala. As the starter city, it's the most likely to have new players who haven't yet learned the rules in addition to providing the largest possible audience for those who wish to break the rules intentionally or troll people for attention. Leave Kavala and I think you'll find these instances are quite rare.

Hope this has addressed your concerns and helped you understand why we do things the way we do. 

i understand his and your view but from someone who has reported alot of people in the past and known people to report, it does come as of late even with the proper VDM/RDM/Exploit report formats and proper video evidence it takes days/weeks to get someone who should be permed to actually be permed. i remember reporting someone who had over 200 hit and runs, and 75 manslaughters all in kavala while on cop every time we downed him he logged. and he was still in the server for days, people rdm and vdm every day, its hard to get proper footage of it and take the time to upload but when we do not always worth it because its a 3day and there back at it again and again and again. gets very annoying trying to gear up at rebel and having someone come rdm ya.. it makes me so mad.. im not the only one either....    *sarcasm* :D but on a serious note... it does get old having to fill out reports because of 12 year old rdmers :(

20 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

i understand his and your view but from someone who has reported alot of people in the past and known people to report, it does come as of late even with the proper VDM/RDM/Exploit report formats and proper video evidence it takes days/weeks to get someone who should be permed to actually be permed. i remember reporting someone who had over 200 hit and runs, and 75 manslaughters all in kavala while on cop every time we downed him he logged. and he was still in the server for days, people rdm and vdm every day, its hard to get proper footage of it and take the time to upload but when we do not always worth it because its a 3day and there back at it again and again and again. gets very annoying trying to gear up at rebel and having someone come rdm ya.. it makes me so mad.. im not the only one either....    *sarcasm* :D but on a serious note... it does get old having to fill out reports because of 12 year old rdmers :(

I personally agree with you. Many in the staff do as well. However when it comes to ban lengths and sufficient evidence guidelines, we have to follow the policies in place. Contrary to what some might say, these things aren't discretionary. There are rigid rules in place that we have to follow. 

If it were up to me, people who knowingly, purposefully, or maliciously broke the rules regularly would be permanently removed from the community more quickly. 

However, the policies that the community managers have set for escalation of ban times etc, serve a valid and extremely important purpose. They prevent abuse of power. The same goes for the evidentiary standards. If someone could be permanently banned on a discretionary basis, it could potentially open the door for people who were undeserving of a perm getting banned or people banning from insufficient evidence.

Another thing to consider is that many times when a player is banned, it is due to ignorance of the rules or a bad decision made in the heat of the moment. This being the case, if we're able to talk to someone, help them understand the rules and ensure that it doesn't happen again, there is no further need for them to be banned. Our end goal is the correction of behavior rather than punishment. But sadly, some people take advantage of our good will and continue to break the rules even after being given a break. 

So I definitely get where you're coming from, and I personally would give habitual rule breakers less slack, but the policies in place do serve a purpose and are very useful in preventing administrative abuses. 

But there are some cases where we could do better in this regard. Players with long histories of disregarding the rules, breaking them deliberately, mistreating people in the community and all around detracting from the quality of others' experiences. Sometimes in the past we have been too lenient and allowed people too much slack. I'll see if I can talk to the CM's about revisiting some of these policies and ensuring that people who repeatedly and maliciously break the rules are removed from the community more quickly.

I have a better solution, and it's really simple. Stop giving fucking 3 day vacations and dish out much longer ones OR stop unbanning frequent rule breakers after they suck admin penis, problem solved. I'd love to know the percentage of repeat offenders. Whoever makes the 'policies' on this need a lesson in community management, fuck whoever that offends.

Edited by Furnie Mack
20 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

I have a better solution, and it's really simple. Stop giving fucking 3 day vacations and dish out much longer ones OR stop unbanning frequent rule breakers after they suck admin penis, problem solved. I'd love to know the percentage of repeat offenders. Whoever makes the 'policies' on this need a lesson in community management, fuck whoever that offends.

You should read before posting. Buckwalter explained this above

Crossfade likes this

I agree that the VDM/RDM is getting ridiculous on server 1. You can't even get out of the town you spawn in without being shot for no reason. Let alone go try and make money. Please try to fix the issue, because I would love to play more Asylum. But the RDM prevents me from making any sorts of cash.<_<<_<

37 minutes ago, Vash said:

You should read before posting. Buckwalter explained this above

I did read it, all. You going for admin too, bruh? It's the same thing over and over, "we know -this should be changed and could be better-...but..policy and stuff." When the actual problem IS the current policy. Those of us that's been around truly know the joke of the '3 day vacation'.

Edited by Furnie Mack
7 hours ago, Wildaw said:

Sorry I needed to vent this complete bullshit.

go to sleep

On 28-3-2016 at 1:49 PM, Furnie Mack said:

I did read it, all. You going for admin too, bruh? It's the same thing over and over, "we know -this should be changed and could be better-...but..policy and stuff." When the actual problem IS the current policy. Those of us that's been around truly know the joke of the '3 day vacation'.

Repetative offenses get you banned for longer and longer. World ain't perfect princes, learn to deal with loss.

SheriffJohnBeard and Frizzy like this
5 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Then I implore you to email Paratus and Motown with a large enough group of people to make a difference.

We, as Admins, do not determine the size of the band-aid or the brand of antiseptic to use. We just use what we're given.

Yeah, I'm aware you guys simply enforce said policy. Thing is, if you as admins can't come together and speak to them about it (if you truly feel it should be changed) then what luck would I and others as a group have? Not saying it would be futile to do so, but there's been countless threads in the past two years about this, and until now anyone who speaks out about the policy is usually reamed, and treated like an outkast, by everyone for even bringing it up. So I guess that's a good sign in the overall scheme of things, that things -might- be changing. The fact this wasn't instantly closed impresses me honestly.

On 3/28/2016 at 6:49 AM, Furnie Mack said:

I always thought the 3 day vacation was nothing but a slap on the wrist telling people that breaking rules is only "Meh",Persoanly they should Ban someone perm for rdm/vdm and make them create a appeal.........Oh but then someone would have to read a report/appeal,excruciating.:kappa:

Edited by Infamy
8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Then I implore you to email Paratus and Motown with a large enough group of people to make a difference.

We, as Admins, do not determine the size of the band-aid or the brand of antiseptic to use. We just use what we're given.

I gotta question the statement that we should message them,Wouldn't the statement mean alot more coming from the people who actually issue & deal with bans & reports?

especially considering we as players can seem bias to the playerbase where as you admins are "Supposed" to be neutral?

For clarification im not directing at the Admin Staff just a simple inquiry

Edited by Infamy
Furnie Mack likes this
6 hours ago, Infamy said:

I always thought the 3 day vacation was nothing but a slap on the wrist telling people that breaking rules is only "Meh",Persoanly they should Ban someone perm for rdm/vdm and make them create a appeal.........Oh but then someone would have to read a report/appeal,excruciating.:kappa:

Absolutely. It has to be possible to somehow create a menu that pops up if a player ID is new to the database, which would state the rules nice and fucking clear. It should state that VDM/RDM is NOT tolerated, and you will be permabanned when evidence is given. To close the window you must click 'I Agree'. If your Player ID isn't new to the database, you won't ever see it again after agreeing. That alone could be nice deterrent AND an actual useful way to educate the fucking player base, let's face it..that IS a large part of the problem, especially with bounty hunters. I understand the "gray area", not much you can do about that, but what we can do is do more to educate and deter. 

Since all players agreed/verified they read and understand the 'rules' on first load into servers, would allow admins to view evidence and if a ban is warranted admin can A.) Permaban without appeal B.) Permaban with appeal option open. Blatant assholes should be permabanned, fuck them..they agreed and understand the rules..we DON'T need them, players will come and replace them, players that can respect rules and role play even on Asylum's lovable combat style server, players that AVOID asylum because of this failed policy, will come. Then if an admin would like to offer the player to tell his side of the story, or submit evidence, then they can allow an appeal.

Most players who are guilty know it, and likely wouldn't even bother trying to appeal if they are. They know they 'agreed' and that RDM/VDM is some serious fucking shit. It's all about the image and getting the word out that you're "serious" about it. Deter and educate. Once you do that right, you can still do your same methods of leniency if you all want to..the idea is to weed out the fucks that play you guys for fools..No offense, and gamble on the fact that most players have no faith in the policy. Many, probably most, don't want to waste their time at all to 'record and report' because, it does take quite a while sometimes, and they know that same player will be right back in game doing the same shit in max 3 days, sometimes much faster, many of them over and over. I've complained about this for a long ass time, many people have, and I just don't understand why nothing is even being considered as a change to make it easier for YOU to do your jobs and for us all to have fun and enjoy the servers. Sometimes it's like the idea is to deter people from reporting, instead of deterring them from breaking the rules. It's not that we need staff that DO SHIT, we need LESS SHIT for staff to deal with, regarding RDM/VDM.

I'm high as fuck so if none of this makes sense I do apologize. 

Edited by Furnie Mack
18 hours ago, Furnie Mack said:

until now anyone who speaks out about the policy is usually reamed, and treated like an outkast

Because the posts are generally created from the salty tears of the OP being pissed off the person he reported got a warning, or his appeal is taking longer than he wants.  The admins have always stated that they follow the guidelines prescribed too them and its for good reason.  Many players who break rules in a way that is obvious and uncaring are either new and don't know any better or aged vets who dont care because said person did something they think is worthy of the vacation.  If you put together an appeal that is well thought out and details what happen, why you did what you did, and provide supporting evidence to your case the admins will most likely get to it sooner than latter.  I would assume the problem is most appeals are very underwhelming and give no help to the admin of understanding what happen other than the reporters video/SS.

Furnie Mack likes this
35 minutes ago, Veizuh said:

How is this post still up. I mean it's just a kavala troll crying about RDM

Probably for the same reason you feel the need to make a post adding nothing,No one made you click and read & since people are attempting to have a conversation on a subject here,why don't you do me a favor & go get a Ice Cream unless you actually have something valid to add. Hmk bye bye now

Furnie Mack likes this
2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We're not viewed as Neutral by the CMs. We're (more often than not) viewed as being too harsh,

The first thing certain people who get banned for very clearly breaking a rule do, is go run to a CM and say the Admin banning them is doing something wrong. Unfortunately, this has worked enough to propagate a cult of people who do this.

That's unfortunate.

4 minutes ago, Infamy said:

Probably for the same reason you feel the need to make a post adding nothing,No one made you click and read & since people are attempting to have a conversation on a subject here,why don't you do me a favor & go get a Ice Cream unless you actually have something valid to add. Hmk bye bye now

That was valid saying a Kavala Troll is crying about RDM record and Report, and what you just posted had nothing to do with this post so how about you got get me a ice cream and I'll enjoy it ThankYou have a nice day....

12 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We're not viewed as Neutral by the CMs. We're (more often than not) viewed as being too harsh,

The first thing certain people who get banned for very clearly breaking a rule do, is go run to a CM and say the Admin banning them is doing something wrong. Unfortunately, this has worked enough to propagate a cult of people who do this.

I agree with Hotwings on this,while it's not possible to be 100% neutral all the time & while i've had my fair share of staff issues,You Admins are anything but harsh,in fact i think you guys are pretty lenient,which imo is part of the problem,even with the CM Crybabies.

Furnie Mack likes this
10 minutes ago, Veizuh said:

That was valid saying a Kavala Troll is crying about RDM record and Report, and what you just posted had nothing to do with this post so how about you got get me a ice cream and I'll enjoy it ThankYou have a nice day....

The discussion is about the severity (or lack thereof) of bans,Your statement added nothing to the conversation,regardless i've no inclination to continue with you after this reply.

Furnie Mack likes this
19 minutes ago, Infamy said:

The discussion is about the severity (or lack thereof) of bans,Your statement added nothing to the conversation,regardless i've no inclination to continue with you after this reply.

Admins ban people everyday. There is probably already been 100 bans today through all 5 servers

1 minute ago, Veizuh said:

Admins ban people everyday. There is probably already been 100 bans today through all 5 servers

Jesus lord,Did anyone say they didn't ban at all? No,we were talking about the Severity,Since you don't seem to understand basic English words,

se·ver·i·ty
səˈverədē/
noun

1. the fact or condition of being severe.
    "sentences should reflect the severity of the crime"

Normally i would descend into a argument about how your mom probably stood to close to some kind of Toxic chemical or some other baby breaking thing,but this time i'm going to kindly ask you to stop quoting me so i don't have to be made aware of the obviously unaware things you post. Thank you for your cooperation in this difficult time.

Furnie Mack likes this