Few ways to improve Rebel Life/Cartels.

24 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Why do cops even preach risk versus reward to civs?  You have cheap loadouts and it's fucking easy to make lots of money on cop, all the while doing whatever you please.  There is no "economy" when most people blow their money on civ and then go on cop to make it all back.

Ill say this again: civilians and rebels have the option to put themselves in danger or not. cops dont have that option.

1 hour ago, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server.

As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it where cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

Nearly every major update has swung in the way of legal activities and in cops favor for a while most we've gotten as rebels is skins that we have to pay irl money for, why bitch when we barely get new shit as is

Just now, House. said:

Nearly every major update has swung in the way of legal activities and in cops favor for a while most we've gotten as rebels is skins that we have to pay irl money for, why bitch when we barely get new shit as is

You realize new flashbangs were the first new thing cops got in like two years.

Just now, House. said:

How about that whole previous crimes system and database they added for cops literally an update or two ago

>implying any cop uses that.

The point is rebel is really powerful right now. They may need tweaked but they do not need to be made powerful.

Edited by Cynica
1 hour ago, Cynica said:

Rebels are already ridiculously overpowered as is. If anything is needed rebels need to be nerfed for more fun to be had throughout the server.

As @Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said before, I believe it would be beneficial if rebels had to make a stop at a legal area to launder the money from cartels before selling it at a rebel market. As of right now, cartels are a safe haven for rebels, making it a relatively safe way to make money. This is not only breaking the economy but also making it where cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

i figured with such a huge fucking head you would be a little smarter than this. If you think fighting cartels, then having to go to a rebel to sell money is overpowered you are misinformed. First of all, to control the cartels for a substantial amount of time requires a fairly large group and the 300k you can make every hour and half is not much split between 10 people, when i used to play alot, on a bad day of fighting (not roaching) i would lose 3-4 loadouts and an ifrit or 2. So thats  300k a day just on fighting cartels, and about half the time you dont even get the money from the cartel. Lets talk about the real overpowered way to make money, playing cop, you get money deposited straight to your account, if you want rebels to launder money twice how about you have to take the money you get from sending people to jail and drive it to the bank and deposit it in those ATMS.

TLDR: you have no idea what you are talking about, go back to your shit lets plays.

Tiger, bunni, Apci and 6 others like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

You realize that aside from quality of life patches (uhh, hello?), there's really nothing more to give cops that won't throw balance to the wind, right?

But again, this is NOT a cops vs. rebels thread. Please refrain from continuing to try and make it so.

The points I am trying to make are not cops vs rebels its why rebels do not need more powerful xyz and am making arguments based on my experiences.

Just now, Gnashes said:

I'm pretty sure every post you've made in this thread has included the word "cop". Again, not a cop vs. rebel discussion.

While I agree I am bringing a lot of cop ideals to the table I am simply trying to state why rebels do not need buffed at cartels. Especially if it allowed them to stray from legal areas longer.

23 minutes ago, Cynica said:

>implying any cop uses that.

The point is rebel is really powerful right now. They may need tweaked but they do not need to be made powerful.

That's your fault for not using a feature made to benefit you not anyone elses

Edited by House.
3 hours ago, Eazy said:

1. This is to stop the defenders having to constantly having to go to rebel for ammo. Let me explain this, not sure if you fight cartels, probably not. So, example:

Tenacity defends church against Prime, Prime lose. Tenacity with now probably half the mags, either a) defend at a severe disadvantage or b ) we go to rebel. (Going to rebel can cause some major issues on getting a fight. This will cause Tenacity and Prime to now fight at rebel and not cartels, leads to sidechat arguments, etc etc. Not good. However with a simple and easy fix, whatever gang has the Arms fully capped, can now purchase only Mags, Redgulls and Clothes.)

Leave the cartel and go to rebel and beat your opponents there as well? Is that too hard, if you beat them once, you can do it again. Stop being such a baby and have everything there to you, work a little bit. You think rebels get their ammunition served to them in a firefight? You get what you bring, want more? bring more.

22 minutes ago, Churu said:

Leave the cartel and go to rebel and beat your opponents there as well? Is that too hard, if you beat them once, you can do it again. Stop being such a baby and have everything there to you, work a little bit. You think rebels get their ammunition served to them in a firefight? You get what you bring, want more? bring more.

Well yeah rebels do get ammunition served to them?

you think rebels wear pilot coveralls to get an advantage, do you think rebels drive armoured vehicles and slam them into rocks at 80km/h plus to then just jump out unscathed? 

So many things wrong with you and your argument, please don't input anymore.

1 hour ago, Churu said:

I wish when i killed someone, their bounty went straight into my bank.

6 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

No more arguing over over powered sides please.  Keep this constructive to the post.  

Give ideas to the rebel "honor" tree rather than arguing rebel vs APD.

There should be a skill in the rebel tree called "Eating Ass" which basically you go up to your partner and are able to eat his/her ass. +1

5 hours ago, Cynica said:

While I agree I am bringing a lot of cop ideals to the table I am simply trying to state why rebels do not need buffed at cartels. Especially if it allowed them to stray from legal areas longer.

Well whether they stay out of legal areas or not, its not like you catch very many of them besides the turds who aren't worth anything anyways. So who cares? Or you guy sit in kavala all day and finger pop each other's assholes

Edited by Goku

Just saying i can make 100k/hr playing civ watching netflix on a second monitor. So if you are really after money playing cop isnt all that great in my opinion. As i have and continue to make more money on civ. Without doing cartels ect.

Edited by patato12
10 hours ago, Cynica said:

This is not only breaking the economy but also making it where cops will not see the majority of rebels the entire time they are on.

Maybe if they focused on fixing the prison and making it worth while to rob a bank/fed you would have more rebel vs APD. Also known as "end game content". 

+1 to 2,3,4,5 and 6

-1 for 1

Good suggestions and 8.0=rebel talent tree. 

Edited by Frizzy
10 hours ago, Eazy said:

1. This is to stop the defenders having to constantly having to go to rebel for ammo. Let me explain this, not sure if you fight cartels, probably not. So, example:

Tenacity defends church against Prime, Prime lose. Tenacity with now probably half the mags, either a) defend at a severe disadvantage or b ) we go to rebel. (Going to rebel can cause some major issues on getting a fight. This will cause Tenacity and Prime to now fight at rebel and not cartels, leads to sidechat arguments, etc etc. Not good. However with a simple and easy fix, whatever gang has the Arms fully capped, can now purchase only Mags, Redgulls and Clothes.)

2. Me and you both know adding a couple cosmetic skins for free isn't going to be the downfall of the server, put some thought into it.

3. I complained when it was 10, complained when it was 12, I will keep complaining till we get whats needed.

4. -

5. -

6. Adds more depth to rebels activities, as all we really can do is a bank or a cartel.

Well never really thought of Scotch, but pure cocaine is obviously going to be there due to its severe OP'ness with no risk. Focusing on only servers 1-4 the ideal run should be cocaine. Meth, well people really only run meth from their house due to its severe length. Dirty money, well it's not exactly hard to just drive 6km and sell 100k. Scotch, same for meth. 

You're being ridiculous, pick your fights before hand. It's the gangs fault if they run out of ammo, and what to do next is completely up to them, they don't need to be rescued by game mechanics. 

3 hours ago, "EJ" said:

You're being ridiculous, pick your fights before hand. It's the gangs fault if they run out of ammo, and what to do next is completely up to them, they don't need to be rescued by game mechanics. 

Im not being picky, just want more fights because i gaurentee if we get in a fight with them at rebel, the gang that cant gear will just log off, no point in pretending that doesnt happen anymore.

Steve likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Because

Just now, Eazy said:

No it's likely due to the fact they don't take the time to read any of it.

I made a thread with some perfectly reasonable ideas, not a single dev commented. The only staff person that cared was.

#1 - If it were ever added, you'd be paying a 2-300% premium for convenience. I don't expect it would ever get a greenlight though, because reasons.

#2 - Mission File Size issues. Don't want to add a lot of fluff, I've suggested alternative ideas, but no idea if it's something Paratus would want to explore.

#3 - 12 is where it's staying. You don't "increase it by a little" so many times that you undo all of the benefit it brought. 10 is the ideal, 12 is so that your extra friend or two can play as well.

#4 - Cocaine/Heroin are where they need to be for money/time. If anything Pure Coke is just to fucking strong.

#5 - We take it out, people want it back. We put it back, people want it taken out. The cycle repeats itself.

#6 - Maybe? Most of the talent tree is rebel oriented already. Bamf would have to be the one to come up with this idea, but the Gang Perks are a version of this already.