Bounty hunter License

I suggest that the rulebook/apd guidebook get a strict list of what does/doesnt qualify for abusing bounty hunter license because in my experience everything/anything illegal can and will get your license removed under the pretense of "bounty hunters shouldnt be breaking the  law" at the moment even something as little as evading arrest which is a 2500$ charge if im not mistaken will get your 6500$ license revoked. In my opinion shooting cops should be the main thing that gets it revoked

Edited by Crunchedd
SirSwish and Huan Lee like this
Just now, Crunchedd said:

so evading arrest = minus bounty hunter license litt

They can still have a role-play justification for it. Either way, I'm fine with it being at the officer's discretion/based on role-play. 'Cause if they are a BH and they commit a crime, they technically are not honoring their right to be a bounty hunter. I usually only seize it if they fit BH seizing requirements and they are being dicks. Other than that, I just let them keep it.

2 hours ago, Crunchedd said:

see lockpicking a car should not take your license away

But if you are caught lock picking a cop car they can definitely take away your license even if you just lock picking some random civs car for non bounty hunter reasons. Because the only reason bounty hunters should be using lock picks is to lock pick their bounty out of a car so, if a cop catches them doing something other than that why not take it away.

Edited by Innateocean
Maaqs likes this
Just now, Innateocean said:

But your bounty hunter license is allowing you to keep the lock picks so if you are using them for the unintended purpose why not get the seized along with you bounty hunter license.

anyone can have lockpicks rebels/civs/bounty hunters but i only see bounty hunters losing anything over small things like that

Just now, Crunchedd said:

anyone can have lockpicks rebels/civs/bounty hunters but i only see bounty hunters losing anything over small things like that

Yes anyone can have them but you as a bounty hunter have the right to keep them without them being seized like everyone else and if you abuse that privilege then you should get your license seized.

2 hours ago, Crunchedd said:

see lockpicking a car should not take your license away

Lockpicks are considered a bounty hunter tool. If you are using it for malicious purposes then yes, you should have your license taken away, if your bounty is =>$2500. Granted, you can make up ANY story if you are caught / turn yourself in. But if you run from the police and they are chasing you about your stolen vehicle, your license is probably getting revoked.

Think about the other side of the story. We get 911's all the time about someone stealing their vehicle. Those kinds of people probably have to spend a lot of their time picking apples or something to get another one. And the larger vehicles even more resources.

So why shouldn't your license get revoked for taking someones property?

Edited by Pilot
19 hours ago, Crunchedd said:

I suggest that the rulebook/apd guidebook get a strict list of what does/doesnt qualify for abusing bounty hunter license because in my experience everything/anything illegal can and will get your license removed under the pretense of "bounty hunters shouldnt be breaking the  law" at the moment even something as little as evading arrest which is a 2500$ charge if im not mistaken will get your 6500$ license revoked. In my opinion shooting cops should be the main thing that gets it revoked

this clarifies everything

19 hours ago, BlackShot said:

I understand your suggestion. Either way, just to clarify when the cop can actually seize the bounty hunter license:

2017-02-09_22-47-42.png

Basically what he is saying is that if you commit a small crime and if they are a good cop, you can RP your way out of it.  However, if you just sit there and take the ticket your license is going by' by'.  

17 minutes ago, Metz said:

this clarifies everything

Basically what he is saying is that if you commit a small crime and if they are a good cop, you can RP your way out of it.  However, if you just sit there and take the ticket your license is going by' by'.  

But when you leave a rule up to someone elses rp there is so much room for people to take it just because they can all i am asking for is a strict ruling so that it isnt left to other peoples bad judgement @DarkKnight

16 hours ago, Innateocean said:

But if you are caught lock picking a cop car they can definitely take away your license even if you just lock picking some random civs car for non bounty hunter reasons. Because the only reason bounty hunters should be using lock picks is to lock pick their bounty out of a car so, if a cop catches them doing something other than that why not take it away.

He dident see my lockpick the car he just looked at my bounty and keys and sayed oh you lockpicked a car that is illigal! Ima take your gear EVEAN THOUTH I was turning myself in

Then in that situation if he didn't actually see you lockpick the car but I knew you had keys to my cop car I would speak to you about your bounty then I once I finished speaking to you I would drive my car back to hq siez everything in it and impound it taking your license is not justified here just because he didn't see you doing it even if he knows you did it. Who knows someone else may have lockpicked it and given you keys. @Nicolas March

• 1 month later...

When i take someones bh license as a cop :

* Downing officer/Non-bounty target (without reason/just to rob or fuck with that person, self defence is a complete difference case)

* Lockpicking cars wich do not contain his bounty in it and not being able to rp his way out of it(properly)

*kidnapping people but this kinda leads to my number 1

On 2/9/2017 at 8:26 PM, setherm1 said:

You c bounty hunter should no be able too turn rebel in if he have a rook because he innocent. Lets make bounty hunters great again, po7s and only bountys over 50k can be caught. Po7 cost should be 10k and death causes total bank reset. #BountyHuntersNeedSomeOpReform #PoorBastards

so you want to nerf bounty hunters? agreed. but running on the platform of "making them great again" is just a complete and utter lie. be honest and ask for them to be nerfed lol