Economy Rework

operatorjohnny^

No one can deny the decline in player population over the last month. Though we are in a typical down period, I think there are still some changes that could be implemented to boost activity. A large problem I've seen in the past few months is that civs are not moving around the map, rather they are just standing in towns making the server seem dead. A large part of this problem in my opinion is the lack of drive/motivation for civs to make money. After years and years of grinding for money, many people are simply tired of grinding for 2 hours to make 200k. When people have more money, they do more things, especially for any newer players that come to the server. 

The past issue of domination "printing money" is in the past. 90% of dom players do not even spend their money on the main server. I believe that the main server is due for a buff of money making methods to increase activity throughout the map. 

This buff can be done in a large variety of ways so I wanted to get the communities opinion on this.

- Buff on illegal money making methods, such as heroin or weed, that are currently not worth doing.

- Buff legal money making methods like wreck excavating, oil, or metal detecting

- Lower prices of goods/lower tax rates

Leave any suggestions below, I think the economy needs to be discussed!

zdeat, Dlkl, GravL and 2 others like this

Money isn't hard to make, its actually extremely easy. The people sitting in towns are almost always there just for the interactions they get with one another, even when Asylum had a full server there were still different gangs in each city. A big majority of the pop comes from cartel fighting and cop v robbers, or at least it did. I think illegal money shouldn't be touched, there's plenty of options and the risk goes for the reward. How often do you see someone at heroin field while on cop? I personally never see someone there and I stopped checking because of it, I didn't wanna drive to the top of the map where nothing else is for 20k, the risk meets the reward. What "goods" are you considering lowering, and the tax rate has always been stupid.. Just an easy way for one person to make money doing nothing for a week.

Polar likes this
33 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

Money isn't hard to make, its actually extremely easy. The people sitting in towns are almost always there just for the interactions they get with one another, even when Asylum had a full server there were still different gangs in each city. A big majority of the pop comes from cartel fighting and cop v robbers, or at least it did. I think illegal money shouldn't be touched, there's plenty of options and the risk goes for the reward. How often do you see someone at heroin field while on cop? I personally never see someone there and I stopped checking because of it, I didn't wanna drive to the top of the map where nothing else is for 20k, the risk meets the reward. What "goods" are you considering lowering, and the tax rate has always been stupid.. Just an easy way for one person to make money doing nothing for a week.

I completely agree that the overhanging issue is the fact that cartels aren't fought anymore and civ v cop fights are becoming more rare. A lot of complaints I here regarding this issue is that people "don't have money". I didn't make this post to say that money is too hard to make, rather that it makes no sense to hinder people from fighting while the server has a lower pop. I do believe that the root of the fighting issue comes down to the economy. 

24 minutes ago, genesis^ said:

server needs wiped

There was a test wipe done and many did not care for it. I'm sure if there is a big enough push for a wipe it would happen, but the problem is that people do not want to spend all their time grinding for money. 

12 hours ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

I completely agree that the overhanging issue is the fact that cartels aren't fought anymore and civ v cop fights are becoming more rare. A lot of complaints I here regarding this issue is that people "don't have money". I didn't make this post to say that money is too hard to make, rather that it makes no sense to hinder people from fighting while the server has a lower pop. I do believe that the root of the fighting issue comes down to the economy. 

There was a test wipe done and many did not care for it. I'm sure if there is a big enough push for a wipe it would happen, but the problem is that people do not want to spend all their time grinding for money. 

exactly. why would I spend time grinding money on a server with 40 people when I could go grind money on a server with 150 people that has more content 

GravL likes this

wipe the server, the kids that cry they will leave are liars

that test wipe was the most fun I have had on the game for years, played with people from way back

what's to loose at this point?

@Witztake one for the team and delete everything, but do a better job than windemere

Edited by goyney
6 hours ago, goyney said:

wipe the server, the kids that cry they will leave are liars

that test wipe was the most fun I have had on the game for years, played with people from way back

what's to loose at this point?

@Witztake one for the team and delete everything, but do a better job than windemere

Test wipe was brutal for cops. By the time I got off from work and got on I was getting rolled at federal events with my sling and protector. 

just need a slow roll out of things if wipe were to happen.

operatorjohnny^ likes this