Requesting information on bugs and broken things

11 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

I dunno if you're able to fix this though but being able to buy through walls (at rebel) by looking towards or lower than the npc should be.

I actually asked this question a few minutes ago.

Pretty simple, I think. Just a check to make sure the character can actually see the NPC.

17 hours ago, KBW said:

Finally, anyone corporal and above is now eligible for swat deployment, in addition to constables who are whitelisted for swat.

So Corp+ no longer need to be white listed to use swat?

BTW @KBW THANK YOU for listening to the community and working your hardest to squash annoying bugs:)

Edited by RomanRunsCA
Vash likes this
19 hours ago, KBW said:

Hello,

I'm currently requesting information on any outstanding bugs, exploits, and non-working or otherwise broken game mechanics. I believe I've gotten most of the well-known issues out of the way during my short time here, but there is likely still work to be done.

If you have found an issue with the ALTIS mission, please post it in this thread and I will do my best to respond with a fix or a statement about the issue.

Hey KBW, you just got brought on huh? were you the one offering to help a few weeks back? they actually gave you a chance to contribute that's awesome man. Great to have ya will let you know 1 bug I see as Cop is that when I buy too many mags my scope disappears. I would think it should say that there is no room rather than resetting my guns attachments.

1 hour ago, Iced said:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Right this sounds like a bug you don't want to talk about lol. however how do you get your orca to a garage once its blown up. If you don't get blown up at rebel or near a garage its useless. this is probably the reason its been left unchanged; hard to exploit.
Reminds me of the glitch on GTA San Andreas where you could push CJs GFs car to your house with another car and get it unlocked without doing missions. BUT it was a pain in the ass lol

Edited by eric91611
6 hours ago, KBW said:
12 hours ago, Slittcer said:

Would it be possible to bring back cops searching backpacks of restrained players as well as vehicles? We weren't able to look into backpacks and vehicles awhile back after a certain patch, forgot which one. Get's annoying when players turn themselves in leaving a gun inside their vehicles and we can't look into them which also includes backpacks I'm pretty sure.

Yes

Good shit

RomanRunsCA likes this
4 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

Right this sounds like a bug you don't want to talk about lol. however how do you get your orca to a garage once its blown up. If you don't get blown up at rebel or near a garage its useless. this is probably the reason its been left unchanged; hard to exploit.
Reminds me of the glitch on GTA San Andreas where you could push CJs GFs car to your house with another car and get it unlocked without doing missions. BUT it was a pain in the ass lol

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wasn't our bug tracker created so that we didn't have to make forum threads about bugs?  I mean I love what you're doing here KBW, but doesn't this seem a little redundant?

Well while we're sort of on the topic, I'm very opposed to the idea that everyone Corporal+ will be drafted for SWAT regardless of their SWAT whitelist status.  

Let's say there are 5 rebels at bank and 5 cops are drafted.  If I don't go for whatever reason we'd only get 4 SWAT members, but there may be a Corporal who wanted to deploy for SWAT who wasn't drafted because I was drafted instead.  It was fine the way it was (checking only whitelist status and not rank) so why change it?  Is it an intentional nerf?

RomanRunsCA likes this
17 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Wasn't our bug tracker created so that we didn't have to make forum threads about bugs?  I mean I love what you're doing here KBW, but doesn't this seem a little redundant?

Well while we're sort of on the topic, I'm very opposed to the idea that everyone Corporal+ will be drafted for SWAT regardless of their SWAT whitelist status.  

Let's say there are 5 rebels at bank and 5 cops are drafted.  If I don't go for whatever reason we'd only get 4 SWAT members, but there may be a Corporal who wanted to deploy for SWAT who wasn't drafted because I was drafted instead.  It was fine the way it was (checking only whitelist status and not rank) so why change it?  Is it an intentional nerf?

KBW could have my babies as far as I am concerned. If he wants to create another thread to focus on the top priority issues (a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread are not in that bug tracker list), then more power to him. 

Olivia, Boris and Eric916 like this
21 minutes ago, Olivia said:

That would be your choice to "nerf" Swat. I would think that as an LT you'd take up the reigns and lead SWAT. ./shrug

Also, the bug tracker upstairs gets a lot of useless shit like this:

5/8/2016 12:05:36 Bug my money disapeared Civilian   5/8/2016 Servers 1-4
7 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

KBW could have my babies as far as I am concerned. If he wants to create another thread to focus on the top priority issues (a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread are not in that bug tracker list), then more power to him. 

this

7 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

That would be your choice to "nerf" Swat. I would think that as an LT you'd take up the reigns and lead SWAT. ./shrug

It's now my "choice to nerf SWAT" because my option to abstain was taken away from me for no apparent reason.  If there are reasons for the change, feel free to enlighten me.  No need to make passive aggressive statements implying I have no desire to lead.  

I'm honestly baffled that you can't consider the possibility that someone might not want to respond to SWAT, even if it's bug-free.  I'd much rather spend the first minutes of a bank scanning with my drone (that I always have at bank), marking the rebels' locations on the map, making sure all officers in other cities are responding like they need to, pulling Hunters/Orcas as needed, driving the non-SWAT officers to the staging area and yelling at SWAT lead (and all other non-SWAT cops) to not zerg in like idiots but wait for everyone else so we can make a coordinated push.  That's my leadership style and I want to keep it like that.  

On a side note I've reported ~7 bugs to the bug tracker and they've all been fixed within 48 hours, but hey whatever works.

Patrick likes this
1 minute ago, Olivia said:

It's now my "choice to nerf SWAT" because my option to abstain was taken away from me for no apparent reason. 

You still have an option to abstain. It's not like you're teleported and shoved into the seat of the Strider. You're the one getting unnecessarily upset about a design change that has little to no impact on anything.

In all reality; it takes away unnecessary Administrative effort to whitelist non-Constables and frees up that time to do other things. I'm perfectly fine with that.

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

You still have an option to abstain. It's not like you're teleported and shoved into the seat of the Strider. You're the one getting unnecessarily upset about a design change that has little to no impact on anything.

In all reality; it takes away unnecessary Administrative effort to whitelist non-Constables and frees up that time to do other things. I'm perfectly fine with that.

From her comment, it seems that if she abstains there will be less SWAT overall, as opposed to just not getting it and having some other person get SWAT. Sure, she doesn't have to respond, but I can see why it'd be annoying. 

Olivia and MarchingBands like this
13 minutes ago, Olivia said:

It's now my "choice to nerf SWAT" because my option to abstain was taken away from me for no apparent reason.  If there are reasons for the change, feel free to enlighten me.  No need to make passive aggressive statements implying I have no desire to lead.  

I'm honestly baffled that you can't consider the possibility that someone might not want to respond to SWAT, even if it's bug-free.  I'd much rather spend the first minutes of a bank scanning with my drone (that I always have at bank), marking the rebels' locations on the map, making sure all officers in other cities are responding like they need to, pulling Hunters/Orcas as needed, driving the non-SWAT officers to the staging area and yelling at SWAT lead (and all other non-SWAT cops) to not zerg in like idiots but wait for everyone else so we can make a coordinated push.  That's my leadership style and I want to keep it like that.  

On a side note I've reported ~7 bugs to the bug tracker and they've all been fixed within 48 hours, but hey whatever works.

Would be cool if you could just scroll mouse when you get the swat message and chose no to swat and the invite would go to the next person

Just now, Budbringer said:

Would be cool if you could just scroll mouse when you get the swat message and chose no to swat and the invite would go to the next person

This.

Like Olivia brought up, some of us higher-ups prefer to be with the non-SWAT majority, leading recon, marking, easier leadership opportunities, and thereby wasting a SWAT slot that could've gone to someone else who truly wants it. If there was an option to "pass the baton" (SWAT slot) to someone else, that would be for the better.

Crow, Olivia and Patrick like this

I'm not sure if this is said or not havent read all "reports" yet but this have happend more then once to me where I spend my 45 min in jail or spend my 60 min on parole and then jump on another server get a bounty and its all back to where it was before I served my time in jail or on parole so lets say you have a 90k bounty before all that you spend your time in prison and switch to another server and you kill someone and get a 95k bounty right away..

Mike Stmria and Olivia like this
39 minutes ago, Slittcer said:

Seems like SWAT is still bugged. Was not able to spawn as SWAT today, would get stuck on deploying. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm addressing a minor issue that I found with this on the next update. However, it will still be unwise to report for SWAT AFTER the event has been defused (prison quelled, bank drilling thwarted, fed alarm goes quiet).

The issue I found was that if you reported for SWAT while the leader was choosing a spawn location, you would be stuck.

Edited by KBW
28 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

Not a bug or broken thing, but is it posible to add the V shortcut to hop out of cars as cops, currently it only works in civ or Medic.

Well the V function does work (as Cop) if the car is unlocked but usually on Cop you leave the car locked and just use scroll function. So I would say the only way to add this is if it's possible for him to add a script that allows V to over-ride the lock and jump out like the scroll menu Exit does.

3 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

Well the V function does work (as Cop) if the car is unlocked but usually on Cop you leave the car locked and just use scroll function. So I would say the only way to add this is if it's possible for him to add a script that allows V to over-ride the lock and jump out like the scroll menu Exit does.

This is what I was trying to say :) thanks to placing it  more clear

Eric916 likes this

Important announcement:

I highly recommend discontinuing any usage of the CBA mod: it tends to break things. Wouldn't be surprised if your mags getting eaten was the result of that, as there are no possible mission scripts in place which would cause this.

2 hours ago, KBW said:

I'm addressing a minor issue that I found with this on the next update. However, it will still be unwise to report for SWAT AFTER the event has been defused (prison quelled, bank drilling thwarted, fed alarm goes quiet).

The issue I found was that if you reported for SWAT while the leader was choosing a spawn location, you would be stuck.

@Zorraksoft logged not knowing he got SWAT when a bank started is when it happened. I'm not entirely sure if it was that which caused it but it was a first time ever since the last patch for me.

24 minutes ago, [§] Jay said:

When you get downed you lose the mag inside your gun every time this is very very annoying the mk200 is no longer a thing cause belts costs so much and u lose it if u get downed.

That is a design issue. There was a time that people could shoot while coming up and were cuffed/ziptied. 

6 hours ago, Gnashes said:

That actually makes a lot of sense. Higher ups should be leading SWAT.