RIP Cops

Sorry, I read the first few posts and then skipped down to the bottom. 

Why do people think cops can be stripped of gear at Skiptracer because they can't. Cops can not have their gear forcibly removed by a BH b/c the Skiptracer talents only work against your BH targets. Cops can never be a BH target...

What am I missing here?

Vash, xXx42oNoSc0pExXx and Jonah like this
5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Why do people think cops can be stripped of gear at Skiptracer because they can't. Cops can not have their gear forcibly removed by a BH b/c the Skiptracer talents only work against your BH targets. Cops can never be a BH target...

What am I missing here?

I'm just reading all the hate tbh I'm just going with the flow. I can see how the bounty hunters are a bit annoying now since there are crap ton of them and honestly aren't rping since the update but I'm sure that'll cool down they are just testing their new abilities and having fun for hopefully the time being.    

Scott likes this
8 minutes ago, bamf said:

What am I missing here?

Cop tears and autism... You know, the usual....

Furnie Mack likes this
15 minutes ago, bamf said:

What am I missing here?

Wait wat? I've been told they could take a cops gear, which is why I haven't touched cop the past few days due to the mass kidnappings. If that's the case I don't see what the issue is here. 

3 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Wait wat? I've been told they could take a cops gear, which is why I haven't touched cop the past few days due to the mass kidnappings. If that's the case I don't see what the issue is here. 

If cops are having their gear removed, then it is a bug. 

friendlypilot likes this
1 hour ago, BioHazard_ said:

Are you a cop? No. Have you experienced cop? Probably not. You seem to me like your pretty new here. Don't make presumptions unless you know what you're talking about. You are just spreading bullshit and creating false representations of the APD.

Plus, what kind of skill does it take to run up to 2 cops with your friends and say hands up or die wait 0.5 seconds then unload a mag whilst the cops have their guns holstered and are RP'ing with a suspect?

You are correct that takes zero skill. Just like you are claiming the cops have even though you'd most likely be the same in those situations. 

He is/was a cop before wipe

Just now, bamf said:

Kevin-

Some players have made a RP choice to be bad and kidnap cops. This is happening b/c of new systems that came into the game. 

Do I expect them to get bored in a short while, sure. Will there be other things for rebels to do in the future, sure. 

I haven't experienced anything bad yet with BH's. Im just saying they weren't talking about their gear. But I think just getting kidnapped in general.

Personally I like being a rebel BH.

Also: Its a fresh patch that pimped out BH's so everyone wants to play them. And Bh's = a easy way to kidnap people.

Edit2: Also you gave them armored vehicles and cop guns... Why play cop?

Edited by KevinOB
33 minutes ago, bamf said:

What am I missing here?

Some people say that, other people accept is as truth.

I would say hop on, TP a poor cadet and try and strip  him naked ;)

1 hour ago, BioHazard_ said:

Are you a cop? No. Have you experienced cop? Probably not. You seem to me like your pretty new here. Don't make presumptions unless you know what you're talking about. You are just spreading bullshit and creating false representations of the APD.

Plus, what kind of skill does it take to run up to 2 cops with your friends and say hands up or die wait 0.5 seconds then unload a mag whilst the cops have their guns holstered and are RP'ing with a suspect?

You are correct that takes zero skill. Just like you are claiming the cops have even though you'd most likely be the same in those situations. 

I was a cop, so no I am not making false representation of the APD. I am just a stating the facts that have been pointed out time and time and time again by full time rebels AND cops. I haven't even re applied for cop since I have came back from over a year break and I won't for the simply reason of how it is now. Maybe you should consider not holsterin g your weapon and lowering it for starters, or if you want to get a little more talented have a cop in cover ready to apprehend a suspect if a attempt is made.

And no, I am not new here. But clearly I am getting your panties in a wad.

And if they give you .5 seconds that's just rdm if you don't attempty to unholster and you comply, maybe you are new here though.

Edited by Keneith
Kollin likes this
1 minute ago, Pilot Josh said:

@bamf make hunters seize able, remove the overpowered MX's (replace with MK20) and fix the skiptracer please

the APD community is suffering greatly.

I hate to disagree, but I think people are misinformed about what the patch actually does. 

Hunters are legal vehicles for higher end bounty hunters. You have to be an active Master Bounty Hunter with an active BH license to both purchase and pull a hunter. If a BH breaks the law, revoke his license ($6500), seize his weapon ($7000), and ticket him for his crimes. His next Hunter pull from his garage costs him at least $11k now. 

If the MXs are so overpowered, then why is the APD asking me for 7.62 constantly?  

What is wrong with Skiptracer?  It has nothing to do with cops. You are not wanted, and the number of skills that have any bearing on the APD at all is 3 (related to lock picking). BH can't take your money, Y inventory, or gear. Again, what is broken here?

1 minute ago, bamf said:

I hate to disagree, but I think people are misinformed about what the patch actually does. 

Hunters are legal vehicles for higher end bounty hunters. You have to be an active Master Bounty Hunter with an active BH license to both purchase and pull a hunter. If a BH breaks the law, revoke his license ($6500), seize his weapon ($7000), and ticket him for his crimes. His next Hunter pull from his garage costs him at least $11k now. 

If the MXs are so overpowered, then why is the APD asking me for 7.62 constantly?  

What is wrong with Skiptracer?  It has nothing to do with cops. You are not wanted, and the number of skills that have any bearing on the APD at all is 3 (related to lock picking). BH can't take your money, Y inventory, or gear. Again, what is broken here?

And don't forget the ammo, and the time in jail, and the time of regearing, the possibility of just getting killed at skip tracer etc. Some people just wanna cry and complain. The patch Is awesome, great work man

42 minutes ago, bamf said:

Well since you asked, can I have "easy mode?" Everything is too complicated and its causing me stress and many many tears. 

Bounty Hunters at the moment match police force capability w/o the responsibility and liability of doing things the right way i.e the guidebook. Very difficult to catch high value criminals at the moment. Every time I'm in a engagement with high value criminals the damn bh's pop up and start downing officers and taking bounties. The vast majority of my encounters are with bounty hunters abusing their license, to which I can give them essentially a slap on the wrist and they go purchase another license and weapon and they are right back to what they were doing. They receive no charges for downing so therefore their tickets are very minimal. I feel as if I'm fighting another APD.

BioHazard and Pilot Josh like this
9 minutes ago, Noble said:

They receive no charges for downing so therefore their tickets are very minimal. I feel as if I'm fighting another APD.

Attempted manslaughter, discharge within a city (potentially), kidnapping (potentially), etc. Of course you can charge them with things. 

Taking that BH license and weapon is fairly expensive honestly. That "slap on the wrist" is about $20-30k assuming they don't have other crimes. 

TaeJon likes this

Holy shit there is a lot of whining in this thread.  I still play the same amount of cop and I still give the same amount of fucks (zero) if you're a bounty hunter.  There are a lot of bounty hunters now and its aids, but it was always aids. :kappa:

Come kidnap us on server 2... if you want to get that ass beat.

giphy.gif

Well I actually got a chance to play this new BH system and there are a few things that are concerning and should be adjusted slightly (but I still think people should wait a week or so to see what actually happens from it).

First off, the new honor system is an awesome concept. Having a side branch of skills after you complete a Master Point is finally relieving that new talents are being introduced (but there are still a lot of useless talents - please remove them). The downfall of this new BH system is the easy-access to get all the new toys. Sure, to a brand-new player it will take a little bit longer, but to veterans, easy-peasy. 

The new system should be catering to the players who play a lot of BH, not to every god damn player on the server or players who have just been around for 27 talents. It shouldn't take 2 talents and one honor talent to get Hunters and MX variants. It honestly took me 5 minutes to have the best shit a BH could have, some logic is lacking there.

The reasons they added this was for BH's to have better gear to pursue those rebel targets (from at least what we were told). But players can buy this gear to go get Joe Schmo who is wanted for robbing gas stations, which is kind of the opposite reason of why the gear is so easily accessible. Very simple fix is to make the BH's earn the gear after arresting X amount of players or by making it a skill in the honor system to get the MXC and then the MX for even more points (same thing with the Hunter, make it so they have to earn it). Instead you emptied a bag of goodies on the floor that all of your most active players can have access to and you didn't think of the repercussions that would follow from it. 

It is awesome that BH got some TLC, but it made being a cop almost obsolete for anyone who has at least 3 friends to play with, especially with how easy you made all the new shit to the player-base. Now cop is only good to play when you want free gear or have no one else to play with. The one good thing, is that the cops that are money hungry won't need to play cop anymore...trust me, we had wayyy to many of those. 

Trust me, you fix these things, then you won't have issues with the APD. Sure, there will be instances in the future when the bigger gangs will go APD hunting, but that has always been a thing. The talk for Asylum was to always 'demilitarize' it  has much as possible, but instead you increased it by allowing almost every player on the server, access to some of the best downing weapons. Bounty Hunters are suppose to work alongside the police, but at this time, they are another faction that are against the APD. 

@bamf Remember all the talk about miscommunication within the Admin team? This is an example of it. Once again, only certain people of the Admin team knew what was being released and you never took a chance to listen or go ask other Admins before this was released. Another failure from Devs to the Admin team...

Overall, I rate this new idea a 5/10. If fixed and altered a bit, a perfect 10 would follow, but at its current state, it needs some more TLC and some more insight. 

I am Killswitch, and these are my final thoughts. 

KevinOB, Pilot Josh and Rambo like this
Just now, Pilot Josh said:

I don't see how this has any educational value whatsoever but by saying remove the MX I'm trying to make a point that BH's now have better gear than 70% of the police force

But you can actually BUY an MX too!

Infact, as a corporal, you can buy an MXM.

BH MXs are 8.1k for me with donor 3.

You can literally get the same gun for cheaper than a bounty hunter.

If you care about winning engagements and want the added firepower that a 6.5 brings, why wouldn't you buy an MX?

1 minute ago, Pilot Josh said:

BH's can have Carrier Lite and Hunters the MX is part of the equation, yes but not the whole

Undercover cops can have carrier lites too. Not that the armour makes much of a difference, the 6.5 guns are very good even against carrier lites.

I do think hunters should be behind a honor paywall though.

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Undercover cops can have carrier lites too. Not that the armour makes much of a difference, the 6.5 guns are very good even against carrier lites.

I do think hunters should be behind a honor paywall though.

Hunters are honestly not that great. Real BH are in a sport hatch...

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hunters are honestly not that great. Real BH are in a sport hatch...

Ah, it's not so much they're used for bounty hunting, that's not an effective use of them. It's that it's entirely possible to use them to fuck with people, IE: at the jail. I think a 5-10k honor paywell would make cops happier and alleviate the arse rash they're experiencing.

Pilot Josh and Noble like this

I just feel as if RP has been heavily limited.  I mean, I'm a cadet, and I try to RP for as long as possible, making people sing songs and dance and whatnot to reduce tickets; it was actually quite fun!  There was one time when a guy with a 30K bounty was arrested with 34 counts of hit and run.  He had been a problem on that server and was annoying me.  A pre-patch bounty hunter came up begging me to let him take this guy in because he had next to no money left.  I actually gave the bounty hunter the suspect just to troll the suspect :)!  This was all cleared of course mind you :P.  

Now, everything is just a mess.  Kavala is aids.  I'm trying to RP and shots are flying everywhere as BHs run in guns blazing downing everyone.  Are there good RP bounty hunters?  Yes, I have met them.  However, as it stands now, it is making RP really hard.

Pilot Josh likes this
Just now, Ian Walls said:

I just feel as if RP has been heavily limited.  I mean, I'm a cadet, and I try to RP for as long as possible, making people sing songs and dance and whatnot to reduce tickets; it was actually quite fun!  There was one time when a guy with a 30K bounty was arrested with 34 counts of hit and run.  He had been a problem on that server and was annoying me.  A pre-patch bounty hunter came up begging me to let him take this guy in because he had next to no money left.  I actually gave the bounty hunter the suspect just to troll the suspect :)!  This was all cleared of course mind you :P.  

Now, everything is just a mess.  Kavala is aids.  I'm trying to RP and shots are flying everywhere as BHs run in guns blazing downing everyone.  Are there good RP bounty hunters?  Yes, I have met them.  However, as it stands now, it is making RP really hard.

Trying to roleplay in Kavala as a cadet in 7.0 is a silly idea.

Head to Pyrgos.

Ian Walls likes this

if you want to mess with bounty hunters try getting on medic and getting wanted. takes a while but you can. BH's cant send medics to jail, only cops can lol.i would love it if i could get my bounty at least into 30k and just stand around and have every bh fighting over me and when they cant send me to jail just having all hell break loose because that person is wasting time and every BH is running to steal me lol

blaylocke likes this
1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

Well I actually got a chance to play this new BH system and there are a few things that are concerning and should be adjusted slightly (but I still think people should wait a week or so to see what actually happens from it).

First off, the new honor system is an awesome concept. Having a side branch of skills after you complete a Master Point is finally relieving that new talents are being introduced (but there are still a lot of useless talents - please remove them). The downfall of this new BH system is the easy-access to get all the new toys. Sure, to a brand-new player it will take a little bit longer, but to veterans, easy-peasy. 

The new system should be catering to the players who play a lot of BH, not to every god damn player on the server or players who have just been around for 27 talents. It shouldn't take 2 talents and one honor talent to get Hunters and MX variants. It honestly took me 5 minutes to have the best shit a BH could have, some logic is lacking there.

The reasons they added this was for BH's to have better gear to pursue those rebel targets (from at least what we were told). But players can buy this gear to go get Joe Schmo who is wanted for robbing gas stations, which is kind of the opposite reason of why the gear is so easily accessible. Very simple fix is to make the BH's earn the gear after arresting X amount of players or by making it a skill in the honor system to get the MXC and then the MX for even more points (same thing with the Hunter, make it so they have to earn it). Instead you emptied a bag of goodies on the floor that all of your most active players can have access to and you didn't think of the repercussions that would follow from it. 

It is awesome that BH got some TLC, but it made being a cop almost obsolete for anyone who has at least 3 friends to play with, especially with how easy you made all the new shit to the player-base. Now cop is only good to play when you want free gear or have no one else to play with. The one good thing, is that the cops that are money hungry won't need to play cop anymore...trust me, we had wayyy to many of those. 

Trust me, you fix these things, then you won't have issues with the APD. Sure, there will be instances in the future when the bigger gangs will go APD hunting, but that has always been a thing. The talk for Asylum was to always 'demilitarize' it  has much as possible, but instead you increased it by allowing almost every player on the server, access to some of the best downing weapons. Bounty Hunters are suppose to work alongside the police, but at this time, they are another faction that are against the APD. 

@bamf Remember all the talk about miscommunication within the Admin team? This is an example of it. Once again, only certain people of the Admin team knew what was being released and you never took a chance to listen or go ask other Admins before this was released. Another failure from Devs to the Admin team...

Overall, I rate this new idea a 5/10. If fixed and altered a bit, a perfect 10 would follow, but at its current state, it needs some more TLC and some more insight. 

I am Killswitch, and these are my final thoughts. 

0mKXcg1.gif

Killswitch and Pilot Josh like this

Almost all bounty hunters that I encounter are amateurs that can't catch me. The solution is to slaughter them daily as I do. Go out of your way to eliminate every bounty hunter you see. The hunter has now become the hunted. MXs will not save these rookies... Bamf's secret is that he was buffing the bounty hunters to give them an actual chance against us. We can rise against and overcome these BH scumbags. Don't let their measly new little rifles scare us. We've been slaying 7.62 wielding cops for years boys... Lock n' load

BioHazard, Vash and sakha like this
Just now, Tae'Jon said:

Almost all bounty hunters that I encounter are amateurs that can't catch me. The solution is to slaughter them daily as I do. Go out of your way to eliminate every bounty hunter you see. The hunter has now become the hunted. MXs will not save these rookies... Bamf's secret is that he was buffing the bounty hunters to give them an actual chance against us. We can rise against and overcome these BH scumbags. Don't let their measly new little rifles scare us. We've been slaying 7.62 wielding cops for years boys... Lock n' load

Go on Server Two.

On 05/06/2016 at 0:08 AM, Midamaru said:

Some people say that, other people accept is as truth.

I would say hop on, TP a poor cadet and try and strip  him naked ;)

no need to tp anyone im sure bamf is skilled enough to fly helicopter and kidnap a cadet :D 

On 05/06/2016 at 7:38 AM, Tae'Jon said:

basically what the moderator is saying is instead of roleplaying just kill everyone easy mode , the secret i got it now , kill everyone in kavala cause they are def bounty hunters ready to come against rebels ,  no one leaves kavala for a start  ,, 2nd no one goes to rebels you ever seen a bounty hunter at a cartel or anything like that , expect maybe gang members at war with that gang , its stupid idea to go try catch rebels , the only time rebels get caught is when their friends are not on teamspeak or you just lucky , ever seen a BH at rebel catching bountys , sure you do ones that are friends with them and split the money ,  im talking big bountys and ones that are not just giving away to friends and split that cash , 

Sure i start a split cash monopoly , i split 30/70 you get 70% i get 30% of your own bounty just rack up kills and meet me at the court house ,. easy mode 

remember guys you never know who bounty hunter is like the moderator said , just kill everyone much easier 

Edited by friendlypilot