Change Log 7.5.0

Paratus

46 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The problem's not on my end, it's on Bohemia's and they are already aware of it and fixing it. Why do you think that because it's more prevalent on our mission that it's a problem on our end? Our mission uses more memory because it has a lot of features, and that's all there is to it.

Before you bitch and complain, at least understand what you're complaining about. If it's working properly on BI's end it would be literally impossible for any mission script to totally crash the client with such an error.

Try Dwarden's performance binaries if you're impatient.

LOL only your server has mem leaks but BI is claiming responsibility. You are retarded, they won't even admit that the game is poor at utilizing hardware so ther is no way that they verified the mem leak was on their end. If you open up arma 3 in ida and do some memory debugging the address is not in the base exe

46 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The problem's not on my end, it's on Bohemia's and they are already aware of it and fixing it. Why do you think that because it's more prevalent on our mission that it's a problem on our end? Our mission uses more memory because it has a lot of features, and that's all there is to it.

Before you bitch and complain, at least understand what you're complaining about. If it's working properly on BI's end it would be literally impossible for any mission script to totally crash the client with such an error.

Try Dwarden's performance binaries if you're impatient.

DAMN!!!! @Paratus going hard "I Like THAT"(DJ Khalid voice)..why dont you set up a GOFUNDME with price for Better ddos protection for the next 3 months say sept nov and dec...see if we can get to that price next month in donations and activate it in sept if we make it..

13 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I don't know what you consider massive but I'd consider 60 fps as a minimum for any game on the PC at 1080p. But then again this is ARMA so expectations have to be set low. 

That sort of proves my point..the entire mindset that stability and smooth performance is solely dependent on FPS is a bit skewed.

This patch provides 0 content. BUT This is the best patch pushed in a long time. Getting rid of desync was a community priority and developers listened. Thank you. Hopefully this provides some incentive to pick up gang life again

Edited by ryno7
2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• Greatly stabilized headless client so that hard restarts should not be necessary in most cases.
  • Improved the reliability of the scroll/action menu.
  • Fixed a bug which would prevent gang experience from being awarded correctly.
  • APB evades will now contribute towards gang experience; protect your friends!

Thank god! Is this all just on #2, and #1? or on #3, #4, and #5 as well?

Edited by Google™
17 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• Greatly stabilized headless client so that hard restarts should not be necessary in most cases.
  • Improved the reliability of the scroll/action menu.
  • Fixed a bug which would prevent gang experience from being awarded correctly.
  • APB evades will now contribute towards gang experience; protect your friends!

Arms dealer discount plz

1 minute ago, Paratus said:

Are you sure it's not applying? It did on my development server.

So if you have both turfs but not arms, then get arms, the price doesn't change?

Positive. Just tested it. Currently have all 3 cartels (Oil, Drug, and Arms) and it's not discounting it by one bit... :(

Edited by Google™
1 minute ago, Paratus said:

Are you sure it's not applying? It did on my development server.

So if you have both turfs but not arms, then get arms, the price doesn't change?

Only benefit you get is from holding the 2 turfs, cartel has no effect, MK1 was 11k before capping and 11k after.

Just now, Paratus said:

If you encounter that, try to record exactly which sign is doing it and let me know.

Donor rebel main vendor (atm / weapon / clothing etc), happens at north rebel too, you have to get right up into the sign to not encounter this issue sometimes, the bump in the buy box usually triggers this as well, if you're beyond that bump you cannot access the vendor alot of the time.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Donor rebel main vendor (atm / weapon / clothing etc), happens at north rebel too, you have to get right up into the sign to not encounter this issue sometimes, the bump in the buy box usually triggers this as well, if you're beyond that bump you cannot access the vendor alot of the time.

its a small bug tho. focus on scroll wheel in my honest opinion

Some under cover bugs from the hotfix on 1.

• When rank is hidden it puts us in our own group
  • When we show rank after hiding we stay in own group and the rank doesn't show for anyone.
  • When I died doing swat as undercover I lost all cop options until I logged. Edit: Its just whenever you die as undercover after hiding rank you lose all cop actions.
  • We can see civilian side when we get put in our own group.
  • All civ options can be done on us once we are in our own group (ticket, search, etc.) If this isn't a bug I think this would be awesome to keep as long as it doesn't mess up civ bounty.
  • Don't get paid for arrests, parole, paid tickets.
Edited by Destrah
30 minutes ago, Destrah said:

• When rank is hidden it puts us in our own group
  • When we show rank after hiding we stay in own group and the rank doesn't show for anyone.
  • When I died doing swat as undercover I lost all cop options until I logged.
  • All civ options can be done on us once we are in our own group (ticket, search, etc.) If this isn't a bug I think this would be awesome to keep as long as it doesn't mess up civ bounty.

When i read it like this it seems like you basically turned into a bluefor civ.

I wonder what happens when you lethal someone.. will you actually get a bounty right now or override/erase your civ one?

Edited by Midamaru
37 minutes ago, Destrah said:

Only parts intentional. :)

Roberino likes this
4 hours ago, CJNasty said:

LOL only your server has mem leaks but BI is claiming responsibility.

You are wrong bud. Multiple high pop servers that use custom textures are actually having the same issue for some reason. Some servers are even experiencing issues where when certain custom textures render in, some users get memory leaks.

49 minutes ago, Haych said:

You are wrong bud. Multiple high pop servers that use custom textures are actually having the same issue for some reason. Some servers are even experiencing issues where when certain custom textures render in, some users get memory leaks.

List the servers

2 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

List the servers

Olympus - Cop Textures causing Memleaks for some users
Altis Turk - Similar issue
E-Monkey - Billboards causing issues.
Another similar German similar to E-Monkey that uses animated billboards have the same issue