Pleadin your case is useless I guess

Story goes like this:

Approx 9:30 PM:

Defending my Wasp camo'd Hummingbird as my friends go into town. A man named "Harambe" approaches me with a rook and begins to attempt to rob me. I use my Navy Seal skills and turn around and shoot him in the face. I win.

I text cops telling them what happens, and no one responds. I text them again saying I'm leaving since they aren't coming.

Approx 12:45 AM:

Two cops pull me over, one a cadet and the other a corporal. They seize my illegal firearm and ask if I would like to say why I have a murder charge. I tell them that I killed a man named 
"Harambe" when he tried to rob me.

TL;DR: Killed in self defense. Cops didn't believe me since his name was Harambe.

Stop takin my money you stupud cadets. IT WAS LEGIT! I DONT BE LYIN.

rip harambe i guess

USCCHRIS likes this

I'm just going to say one thing, the "It was self defense" RP is over used. Every time I pull someone over for manslaughter all they say was "it was self defense, pardon plz". I get it at least 50 times a day. Self defense, self defense, self defense. Give me a story. Take me step by step. Give me the details of your Navy Seal skills. If you just say "he tried to rob me, self defense" and leave it at that I will give you a ticket. Why? Because everyone uses self defense like its an instant pardon button. If you give me a cool story I will work with you. Ask anyone. I pardon more than I arrest if you have a unique story. Just last night I pardoned a 7k bounty because he got up on a box and started reliving the story with me, another constable and our cadet.

Emma, Dr_Dingleberry and Nyjal like this
2 hours ago, Dredge said:

I'm just going to say one thing, the "It was self defense" RP is over used. Every time I pull someone over for manslaughter all they say was "it was self defense, pardon plz". I get it at least 50 times a day. Self defense, self defense, self defense. Give me a story. Take me step by step. Give me the details of your Navy Seal skills. If you just say "he tried to rob me, self defense" and leave it at that I will give you a ticket. Why? Because everyone uses self defense like its an instant pardon button. If you give me a cool story I will work with you. Ask anyone. I pardon more than I arrest if you have a unique story. Just last night I pardoned a 7k bounty because he got up on a box and started reliving the story with me, another constable and our cadet.

Couldn't agree more. When everything according to you is 'self-defense', I personally will ticket you accordingly. That isn't RP and nor shall it be considered RP in my eyes

You have to remember that most cops hear the same standard stories on a daily basis. It was self defense, they kidnapped my family and told me to kill them, they put a chip in my brain etc.

Try thinking outside of the box, RP does not have to begin when you are caught, it can begin any time you choose too.

Dredge likes this
5 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

they put a chip in my brain etc.

Best RP I did with that was tell the guy I knew a fix for that.  That sudden abrupt impact helps dislodge the chip so it doesnt effect him anymore.

I headshot downed him 6 more times saying it still wasnt fixed.  He then told me I was "wasting his time".  So I lethaled him.  I didnt think he would call for medic but he did and someone elsed revived him.  I pardoned him and let him go (15-20 minutes later).

I'll give you my two cents Dr. Dingleberry:

Honestly, 9/10 times if your bounty is below 10k I'll most likely pardon/parole as long you comply with me and give me a proper explanation . Anything above 20k better have some solid RP skills and not some redundant story like "self-defense" as an opening line.

Now based on your story here's a few things I noticed, you sent a text to the APD. While that is a wise thing to do keep in mind we are constantly being flooded with messages and some get lost with the chaos that is Asylum.

However, if I recognize a person's text to explain their crimes I will hold it in their favor when it comes to processing. I also noticed that you complied with the officers who pulled you over for a single charge of murder. At the very least I would have slashed the ticket price in half for compliance and giving an explanation of the situation. That is, if and only if you didn't try shooting at me with your illegal. I can't say much since I didn't see this unfold and I don't know what the other perspective may have been. 

TL;DR:  Some officers have a very black and white view towards processing crimes. Like everyone said, solid/fun RP and wiggle out of some situations. However, there is reasonable doubt that your processing could have been handled differently. Considering your story is true and you had not already given the APD trouble prior to your processing. 

On 8/18/2016 at 10:05 PM, Dr_Dingleberry said:

I text cops telling them what happens, and no one responds. I text them again saying I'm leaving since they aren't coming.

Approx 12:45 AM:

Two cops pull me over, one a cadet and the other a corporal. They seize my illegal firearm and ask if I would like to say why I have a murder charge. I tell them that I killed a man named 

Edited by Cobra
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I'll give you my two cents Dr. Dingleberry:

Honestly, 9/10 times if your bounty is below 10k I'll most likely pardon/parole as long you comply with me and give me a proper explanation . Anything above 20k better have some solid RP skills and not some redundant story like "self-defense" as an opening line.

Now based on your story here's a few things I noticed, you sent a text to the APD. While that is a wise thing to do keep in mind we are constantly being flooded with messages and some get lost with the chaos that is Asylum.

However, if I recognize a person's text to explain their crimes I will hold it in their favor when it comes to processing. I also noticed that you complied with the officers who pulled you over for a single charge of murder. I may have not gone as far as taking the firearm right off the bat unless I knew you were going to be a danger towards others post-processing. At the very least I would have slashed the ticket price in half for compliance and giving an explanation of the situation. 

TL;DR:  Some officers have a very black and white view towards processing crimes. Like everyone said, solid/fun RP and wiggle out of some situations. However, there is reasonable doubt that your processing could have been handled differently. Considering your story is true and you had not already given the APD trouble prior to your processing. 

I completely agree, I am an officer myself. I was just a little mad on how they denied my "story". They said they didn't believe me cause his name was Harambe, which I agree is a silly name (and a little hard to believe), but it was just aggravating since I was telling the truth. Alongside this I was surprised how they approached me: pulling up while I was repairing my car, shooting me, then talking to me about my charges. Whateva, maybe they just had a rough day, maybe they didn't like my hat. 

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

Well depending on what illegal weapon you had may have also prompted the full ticket. Almost forgot they took your illegal firearm, so you already know we gotta take that away. If was a a legal weapon I'd let you decide whether to be responsible or not. Most cops will get trigger happy when they see a wanted guy with an illegal weapon, even the SDAR. xD

Edited by Cobra