Change log 7.7.0

bamf

8 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Still haven't given us the reasons behind the money cap ordeal and y it was really needed..

because big gangs would make endless amounts of money together and run around destroying everything in sight and whilst thats fun for them it ruins everything for all of hte other people playing on the server,

Bad Blood changed the game

Just now, Legit said:

Ah I thought the current price represented what number was what showed next to the item. 

For example the displayed market price on turtles was different from the current and base prices, (Sorry for my ignorance) but could you explain how each price integrates into the game, so base, current, and market? 

2 minutes ago, Gubber Flexx said:

Put it this way, Gnashes got called out for telling a lie and he decided to ban the guy that called him out assuming that it was my second account, and i thought that shit was hilarious because now he needs to go unban the guy while at the same time knowing he fucked up. Funny because he thinks he was the shit banning that guy assuming it was me and now he needs to unbann him since that guy didnt do shit. FYI at this point admins have got in touch with him telling him that he did in fact ban IAMGOD for no reason.

FYI Gnashes didn't ban anyone from the forums. He's not an admin, he's working on the dev team as a contributor. Another admin banned the guy. Also please stay on the topic of this change log thread going forward.   

JIMBO likes this
4 minutes ago, Haych said:

Fyi Drug Runners have been nerfed into the ground. Not worth doing them anymore. Thanks

ontop of this

the decreased flight limit is fine if you get  a clear run

but if for whatever reason you need to abort landing ( someone else taking off right in your approach for example, the runway being hogged  etc ) means you will fail the time limit 

i would add another minute to the timers

Edited by BrutaL
3 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's not as significant as you think. Instead of getting paid 10k for a 10k flight; you're getting paid 7k for a 10k flight.

It's more normalized against Meth for a profit-per-minute standpoint.

Drug Runners was the only reason people weren't complaining as much about load-out prices, also I never see the market reset, even upon restart so selling Meth in large groups is not that good. I know Bamf 'debunked' group runs and the aggressive market, but non of that matters when people are losing nearly 10k for selling 50 meth every-time, and I never see the market reset so it's like that all the time.

14 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

FYI Gnashes didn't ban anyone from the forums. He's not an admin, he's working on the dev team as a contributor. Another admin banned the guy. Also please stay on the topic of this change log thread going forward.   

YES SIR! I WILL REMAIN ON TOPIC! I HAVE SPOKE ADMIN AND ADMIN UN BANN AND I NO TROLL LUB ALL I LUB. IAMGOD FREE MAN HE IS REAL MAN NO FAKE LUB.

Love the update @bamf If only you can bump the drug runner price a little pls because it is almost not worth and not many people run it as a matter of fact I have not seen anyone run it today other than a couple of friends of mine.

a999e37fcd60f7040fa6074cffe5720c.gif See I am hard working man! no ban I lub.

Edited by Gubber Flexx
1 minute ago, BrutaL said:

ontop of this

the decreased flight limit is fine if you get  a clear run

but if for whatever reason you need to abort landing ( someone else taking off right in your approach for example, the runway being hogged  etc ) means you will fail the time limit 

9 hours ago, bamf said:
  • Drug runners are now requiring pilots of higher skill.

:shrug:

Have to work on landing in tight spaces

2 minutes ago, Haych said:

Drug Runners was the only reason people weren't complaining as much about load-out prices, also I never see the market reset, even upon restart so selling Meth in large groups is not that good. I know Bamf 'debunked' group runs and the aggressive market, but non of that matters when people are losing nearly 10k for selling 50 meth every-time, and I never see the market reset so it's like that all the time.

The market doesn't "reset", it reduces.  The higher the amount of an item on the market, the larger the reduction.  The market reduces several times per server cycle, as well as during the restart.  

You never lose 10k for selling 50 meth unless there are over 1000 meth on the market.  

You really need to stop spreading the FUD about the market.

2 minutes ago, Gubber Flexx said:

YES SIR! I WILL REMAIN ON TOPIC! I HAVE SPOKE ADMIN AND ADMIN UN BANN AND I NO TROLL LUB ALL I LUB. IAMGOD FREE MAN HE IS REAL MAN NO FAKE LUB.

Love the update @bamf If only you can bump the drug runner price a little pls because it is almost not worth and not many people run it as a matter of fact I have not seen anyone run it today other than a couple of friends of mine.

a999e37fcd60f7040fa6074cffe5720c.gif See I am hard working man! no ban I lub.

Double facepalm of Picard and Riker

IAMGOD and Gubber Flexx like this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

The market doesn't "reset", it reduces.  The higher the amount of an item on the market, the larger the reduction.  The market reduces several times per server cycle, as well as during the restart.  

You never lose 10k for selling 50 meth unless there are over 1000 meth on the market.  

You can tell that to the guys who where selling Meth earlier.

Also why nerf the prices from Drug Runners when the Time Limit is a big enough of a nerf? If you fail your landing, meaning someone is on the runway or landing before you, you will most likely be failing that run. There was no need to touch the payout. Me and Jimbo gave you a solid list of nerfs without touching the payout, you go ahead and add 1 of the suggested, but go ahead and hit the payout :FeelsBadMan:

Just now, BrutaL said:

the money is already nerfed and tight spaces yea sure, but you can't account for other players, another minute would be good

It isn't really nerfed though. It was tweaked. Instead of 10k you make 7k. A nerf would be going from 10k down to like 5k or less. The money is still there, but now you have to work for it a little harder. 

the money is already nerfed and tight spaces yea sure, but you can't account for other players, another minute would be good

The only issue is on the really, really short flights.  That's why we calculate the time based on distance, and then add 120 seconds for you.  I can think about making that 150 seconds, but on the longer flights I was still landing with 30% of my time available.  

Just now, bamf said:

The only issue is on the really, really short flights.  That's why we calculate the time based on distance, and then add 120 seconds for you.  I can think about making that 150 seconds, but on the longer flights I was still landing with 30% of my time available.  

word Im havin to  HOT DROP planes!!!!

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

if you get clear runway it's fine but if there's a plane or two taking off or landing it makes it 50/50

you can attempt to land but the other players can easily crash into you and if you try abort to come around youll fail the mission so it feels like it's dicing with death hoping another player avoids take off etc

AND this is the only money making in the game where it ACTUALLY costs you money if you fail/die/blow up 

Edited by BrutaL
Just now, Dredge said:

It isn't really nerfed though. It was tweaked. Instead of 10k you make 7k. A nerf would be going from 10k down to like 5k or less. The money is still there, but now you have to work for it a little harder. 

A nerf is a nerf, people will complain regardless.

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's not as significant as you think. Instead of getting paid 10k for a 10k flight; you're getting paid 7k for a 10k flight.

It's more normalized against Meth for a profit-per-minute standpoint.

I did drug running a few times, to please the angry people you could have an option for no time constraint but at a significant pay decrease.

Regardless you people need to calm down, On Tanoa I spawned in, ran to a town flew a plane for 10 minutes and made 20k for literally no effort. If there is another plane taking off most airfields have room for two to land, squeeze in there. If the airfields being camped they would probably wait you out anyway. 

Dredge and Jigawatt like this
2 minutes ago, Haych said:

Also why nerf the prices from Drug Runners when the Time Limit is a big enough of a nerf? If you fail your landing, meaning someone is on the runway or landing before you, you will most likely be failing that run. There was no need to touch the payout. Me and Jimbo gave you a solid list of nerfs without touching the payout, you go ahead and add 1 of the suggested, but go ahead and hit the payout :FeelsBadMan:

The payout was tweaked slightly as part of the compromise of allowing the money cap to go away.  Paratus did not want something like the Drug Runner missions that have (really) very little risk to be the main way people make money.  If you're a good pilot then sure, go right ahead and run those things.  Otherwise, let's get back to group drug runs etc.  

The same logic was applied over 2 years ago to drop the trunk size of the Mohawk.  The game has ways to make money via the air, but the preferred money making methods will be ground missions to increase the risk.  

you don't actually lose anything though unless so and so situation occurs, you can die 3 times during a meth run and lose nothing             

If you blow up, you loose money. If you get robbed, you loose money. If a cop catches you, you loose money. The only way I see you not loosing money is if you die doing something stupid like using nitro to climb up a steep hill.

Plus there is the whole "Time is money" argument

Just now, BrutaL said:

well who said your vehicle will be chopped/seized? who said you won't  be ressed

like i said it's a so and so situation

If it's me you lose the vehicle to 10/10 I'm blowing that up with a .50.  Also, I guess your time is worth nothing on that run that you got stopped while doing.  

Just now, bamf said:

If it's me you lose the vehicle to 10/10 I'm blowing that up with a .50.  Also, I guess your time is worth nothing on that run that you got stopped while doing.  

you are missing my point entirely 

if a meth run goes bad i can place my mats in my house for another time

theres so many variables

Edited by BrutaL
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

The payout was tweaked slightly as part of the compromise of allowing the money cap to go away.  Paratus did not want something like the Drug Runner missions that have (really) very little risk to be the main way people make money.  If you're a good pilot then sure, go right ahead and run those things.  Otherwise, let's get back to group drug runs etc.  

The same logic was applied over 2 years ago to drop the trunk size of the Mohawk.  The game has ways to make money via the air, but the preferred money making methods will be ground missions to increase the risk.  

But the timer decrease is a bigger enough nerf considering you only have 1 attempt to land, and if someone is on the runway at that current time, you've failed.

Let me list the other things you could of done without directly effecting the price.

• Payout effected by the Drug Cartel 
  • 10-15 second timer when loading drugs (keeps you inside the red zone much longer)

Both points, 1 effecting payout but not effecting payout for groups who spend time taking Drug Cartel, and 2. significantly increasing the risk of doing these runs.

7 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Actually I think it's you who's missing Bamf's point entirely.

nope, it's all this could happen or this could, you can fail  a meth run and loose absouletly nothing

but you can't fail a drug running mission without losing 15k

and this is  a game, drug running is actually fun and enjoyable to do

Edited by BrutaL
2 minutes ago, BrutaL said:

nope, it's all this could happen or this could, you can fail  a meth run and loose absouletly nothing

Except for:

1. The amount of time you spend gathering the ingredients. 

2. Whatever loadout you were currently wearing.

3. The X amount of ingredients/meth you had on you at the time.

4. Your vehicle being stolen and chopped (rebels) or seized (cops)

5. Someone following you back to your house and stealing everything from your crates (rebels) or raiding it (cops).

Just because you don't see "15K was removed from your bank account for failing the mission" doesn't mean you loose nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Except for:

1. The amount of time you spend gathering the ingredients. 

2. Whatever loadout you were currently wearing.

3. The X amount of ingredients/meth you had on you at the time.

4. Your vehicle being stolen and chopped (rebels) or seized (cops)

5. Someone following you back to your house and stealing everything from your crates (rebels) or raiding it (cops).

Just because you don't see "15K was removed from your bank account for failing the mission" doesn't mean you loose nothing. 

but that is precisely what i said and you are ignoring it

you don't lose 15k from your bank account for failing  a meth run. you can do a meth run and lose nothing and that is  a fact. 

everthing you are saying is just variables that may not apply

Edited by BrutaL