Change log 7.7.0

bamf

1 minute ago, bamf said:

Did the mass kicks begin around the time we started doing day/night again on Altis?  That would have been right at the end of July or beginning of August.

Edit:  The day/night with the clear night sky...

It may have something to do with the cycle!'I feel it crashed a lot less before it was added.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

s1 dead again. and it isnt the day and night cycle. back when it was insanity vs synergy it was still laggy as hell and that was before you added night back.

Lag is not what I'm asking about.  I'm specifically asking about the mass BE kicks that are happening.  

1 minute ago, bamf said:

Lag is not what I'm asking about.  I'm specifically asking about the mass BE kicks that are happening.  

I think it was around when you added that. I know hotwings had told you about the rain thing we noticed. Started raining, BE kick. We came back and it wasn't raining then got kicked again and came back to rain.

Dude...just fix asylum to be like olympus or any other competing server. Get rid of scrollwheel, create a working headless client...as soon as crashes happen figure out what change or feature caused that IMMEDIATELY, don't cover it up and get 3 or 4 patches down  the road where we can figure anything out. Listen to the community. Revert the asylum stats bs for war kills and cop arrests; it DOESN'T even WORK, it lags, and it should just be removed. I get the rookie blue achievement every single arrest..... The server is so cluttered. The phone looks like ass, it's crap. The server gets immense lag compared to other servers with huge mission files....and it just feels like a clunky server from 2014...Oh wait that's because altis life updated its framework multiple times and I doubt that you guys tools upgraded to it...now to do so would take SO long idk what to say.

Edited by CriticalTug
15 minutes ago, CriticalTug said:

Dude...just fix asylum to be like olympus or any other competing server. Get rid of scrollwheel, create a working headless client...as soon as crashes happen figure out what change or feature caused that IMMEDIATELY, don't cover it up and get 3 or 4 patches down  the road where we can figure anything out. Listen to the community. Revert the asylum stats bs for war kills and cop arrests; it DOESN'T even WORK, it lags, and it should just be removed. I get the rookie blue achievement every single arrest..... The server is so cluttered. The phone looks like ass, it's crap. The server gets immense lag compared to other servers with huge mission files....and it just feels like a clunky server from 2014...Oh wait that's because altis life updated its framework multiple times and I doubt that you guys tools upgraded to it...now to do so would take SO long idk what to say.

+1

George Lopaz and Chewbacca like this
1 hour ago, CriticalTug said:

+1 for valid points. -1 for being so mean to poor @bamf

At least cap 2/4 servers to 70/80 slots until you find the issue. The mass kicking only happens when the server population hits above 70. Shame that the servers can't handle 70 players when you got other server out there that do just fine with 120 and 140 slots and always seem to be populated during peak times without any issues.

It's also hard to pinpoint when this started because we've been experiencing all sorts of lag/kicks/ddos etc.. for the past 4 months so it's pretty much impossible to pinpoint on a changelog point of view because the servers haven't been stable at all since late May.

Edited by Haych

it appears the quantity of shit has over-taken the quality of things. slow the fuck down and stop adding shit without fixing and optimizing. take performance tests on test servers and see what works and what doesn't. i've been gone for so long and all ANYONE has ever said to me was asylum is getting shitty / is shit.

Addon likes this