Change log 7.7.0

bamf

Just now, BrutaL said:

like i said, you don't lose money from your bank account for failing a meth run.

you can post memes as a way to try and correct your losing argument all you want

But you lost the money for the vehicle (if its seized), your load out, and the money from the meth that you can not sell. Just because you dont see 15k come out of your account doesn't mean you didnt lose anything. 

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Saying you lose nothing because your bank account remains unchanged huh?

Can we burn down your house and empty your garage? You lost nothing and that's a fact.

again missing the point

as i said it is just variables.. you can fail a meth run and lose nothing 

there is no guarantee your vehicle will seized or chopped.. etc etc

but it's fine, to make the big bucks we have to do the drugs, i get it

i don't make money anyway so doesn't affect me 

Edited by BrutaL
Gubber Flexx likes this
Just now, BrutaL said:

again missing the point

as i said it is just variables.. you can fail a meth run and lose nothing 

there is no guarantee your vehicle will seized or chopped.. etc etc

but it's fine, to make the big bucks we have to do the drugs, i get it

YOU LOSE TIME! Time is money.

Oh god. So many posts trying to explain the simplest fucking concept to a drunk spaghetti toast. I'm tilted!

Chris, Bilal Battu, Kettles and 1 other like this

Im going to try and explain this in the most simplistic way I can. When you start out and you are going to do a meth run, there are steps to take in order to start the run!

1) Buy a load out in order to carry/protect yourself from enemies. 12-20k

2) vehicle/helo to carry the drugs will cost somewhere between 10-70k

Not even going into it anymore, you need money in order to do a meth run. What you are saying is, yes you can stay alive and not loose anything, BUT YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY IN ORDER TO DO THE RUN!!!! Your logic of this theory you may not loose money is great, but you HAVE to spend money to run meth. I dont understand what your missing here? You dont NEED anything to start a drug run, but usually these are steps you would take in order to protect your asset. 

my point was simple really and since we are talking variables

you can use a vehicle you bought 6 months ago and die 20 times doing 5 meth runs and lose  nothing worthwhile except maybe a few  nv goggle and complete it all

but you can't fail  a drug running mission without losing anything

simple

end of

and that was my fucking point. it didn't need  anything added to it. it was a basis and it is true

and in edit, i have no problem with it, i was literally just stating a point.. i would like drug running to be a bit more beneficial but hey ho

Edited by BrutaL

Ok.... come on this does not make much sense to me @bamf @Paratus I fly from south rebel drug runner then land at sofia drug runner then go to salt flats drug runner and ONLY MAKE 9.5K? like wtf! so I got hit because the drugs was from sofia to salts? I started at south rebel drug runner.... that's a lot of flying for only 9.5k I got lucky and got one for only sofia to to south rebel runner and made 26k. so not only did I make the same run but I also had to go to another stop and I made 17k LESS?

Edited by bigjohn561
Fixed the tag
1 hour ago, bamf said:

The payout was tweaked slightly as part of the compromise of allowing the money cap to go away.  Paratus did not want something like the Drug Runner missions that have (really) very little risk to be the main way people make money.  If you're a good pilot then sure, go right ahead and run those things.  Otherwise, let's get back to group drug runs etc.  

The same logic was applied over 2 years ago to drop the trunk size of the Mohawk.  The game has ways to make money via the air, but the preferred money making methods will be ground missions to increase the risk.  

I don't understand your logic, "Ok, lets make a compromise for money cap. OH but wait, lets totally fuck up something that people were enjoying and just completely ruin it." For fucks sake, decreased time, decreased payout and increased distance for said pay out. What a crock of shit.

@bamf @Paratus

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, BrutaL said:

nope, it's all this could happen or this could, you can fail  a meth run and loose absouletly nothing

but you can't fail a drug running mission without losing 15k

and this is  a game, drug running is actually fun and enjoyable to do

Can't have that, has to be nerfed to fucking hell.

13 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Can't have that, has to be nerfed to fucking hell.

It actually isn't.  The time was tightened up because it was way too easy to do.  The payout had a small reduction due to the fact that the money cap was removed.  

Come on, we can all agree that it was too easy to make money with those missions.  Now the risk matches the reward better.  It is still the best money in the game.  

Legit likes this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

It actually isn't.  The time was tightened up because it was way too easy to do.  The payout had a small reduction due to the fact that the money cap was removed.  

Come on, we can all agree that it was too easy to make money with those missions.  Now the risk matches the reward better.  It is still the best money in the game.  

Ok with the payout, but I don't think the time was necessary. I can't even do them now, I just can't seem to fly fast enough :/

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

The time, I believe, needs a small change. You literally get 1-2 chances to land and then the mission is over. Also, in regards to payout, I'm not sure how it is calculated but on a run between, Donor, Salt Flats, and Sofia, I received 9k. Seem a bit inconsistent when I got 29k from Sofia, Pygros, back to Sofia, just something to look into I guess. Would like to see the science behind it.

Haych likes this
3 minutes ago, Corgi said:

The time, I believe, needs a small change. You literally get 1-2 chances to land and then the mission is over. Also, in regards to payout, I'm not sure how it is calculated but on a run between, Donor, Salt Flats, and Sofia, I received 9k. Seem a bit inconsistent when I got 29k from Sofia, Pygros, back to Sofia, just something to look into I guess. Would like to see the science behind it.

I ran the missions in the dev server and had more than a minute each time I landed.  I'll look and see about bumping it up a touch, but the point is you should have to be an above average pilot to do these missions.  They pay a ton with really very little risk.

Corgi likes this
10 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

WEll but I had the 6.7m for a long time and I know no scripter gave it to me :).

Yep, @bamf fucked up and deleted legitimate prestige.  Put in a comp request, hopefully you have some evidence, unfortunately I only got a video from day 1-2 of 6.0 with 7.7 million and I've ground out to over 14 million in the past year and a half, yet today I only have 3.3, fucking ridiculous.

Edited by JimmyBeans
5 minutes ago, Kitui said:

@bamf I understand our opinions dont matter at all, but nerfing planes in both time AND money is stupid.  if your going to make it a 3 minute flight for a 15km trip it should be poriginal price.

also it isnt returning you to the original location anymore?

Also 1:30 to go 11km have you guys even looked at this at all?

It's not 3 minutes for a 15km flight.  It's 5:45 seconds.  If you can't get 15km in a vehicle that does 430km/hour in that time then I'm not sure what to say.  

I'm no ace pilot, and I didn't manage to fail any of the missions.  Like I said above, I may look at adding a touch more time - but honestly, these are still mostly easy to do (particularly longer flights).

1 minute ago, Kitui said:

the fact you barely break even with 15k is hilarious.  not even worth doing them anymore.

16,397 or some odd number on the end of that for a 22km flight.

16k for a what, 10-15 minute total flight. With hardly any effort provide you have some flight experience? 

I know you all got used to large income but ~100k an hour is still really good money for asylum...

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I ran the missions in the dev server and had more than a minute each time I landed.  I'll look and see about bumping it up a touch, but the point is you should have to be an above average pilot to do these missions.  They pay a ton with really very little risk.

Leave the timer, the timer nerf is enough to make this a very hard run to do, revert the payout change.

Add a 15 second timer to load drugs into plane, and allow Drug Cartel to take a cut from the payouts. 

Simple. No one will be doing these runs anymore because it's been nerfed into the ground.

Eyad, Corgi and cudd like this
29 minutes ago, Haych said:

Simple. No one will be doing these runs anymore because it's been nerfed into the ground.

Well that's just silly then.  There is nothing else in the game that pays ~$2k/minute with as little risk as this has.  Sure, at times you're going to get sniped - but you almost never have to worry about the cops catching you.  If people want to be short sighted and upset that they don't make quite as much money as they used to that is certainly their right, but again these things are still the best money in the game.

4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Well that's just silly then.  There is nothing else in the game that pays ~$2k/minute with as little risk as this has.  Sure, at times you're going to get sniped - but you almost never have to worry about the cops catching you.  If people want to be short sighted and upset that they don't make quite as much money as they used to that is certainly their right, but again these things are still the best money in the game.

There was more things you could of done to nerf these runs instead of directly effecting the payout though. At the moment, the time change was enough as you literally have to be quick, and a good pilot. If someone is hogging the runway, you've failed the run, that should be enough of a nerf. Currently it's simply not worth the time to do them anymore.

1 minute ago, Haych said:

There was more things you could of done to nerf these runs instead of directly effecting the payout though. At the moment, the time change was enough as you literally have to be quick, and a good pilot. If someone is hogging the runway, you've failed the run, that should be enough of a nerf. Currently it's simply not worth the time to do them anymore.

Why? Because it's not easy free money anymore?