Drug Slot Ideas Thread | Serious!

17 minutes ago, RayPerson said:

I'm pretty sure there was a thermal vision optic in Arma 2 is something similiar here in Arma 3? I mean if yes, there should be an option for DEA to add thermal vision to their equipment, so they can check those drug fields from the distance and call for backup?

Thermal=long range scopes for the most part and it also is extremely powerful for a life mod. If anything I think a limited use UAV could function as part of the drug slot. There would need to be game restrictions because corporals have shown to be way immature in the past and unable to handle responsibility.(granted some higher ups fit in that category too but i digress)

Ray. and Tyler like this

I think everyone gets too caught up in the idea of a "drug" officer slot being focused on drug busts, simply because that's what the slot is called.  But really it could be a slot for anything.

How about a "repo" slot.  With the loss of lockpicking notifications in sidechat, a repo officer could see these notifications, see a red ring on the map specifying the robbery location and get a description of the stolen vehicle (with the right talents of course.)  Perhaps they could also get the name and location of suspects when they rob a civilian. 

Or maybe the slot could use the Asylum market prices to generally let the cop know which il/legal activities the civs on the server are doing.  Or give us an idea of how many transactions are being made a rebel outposts per min so we get an idea of what the rebel activity is like.

These aren't the best suggestions ever, I know, but remember that you can always think outside the box.

Crow, Budbringer and ProjectGemini like this
37 minutes ago, Olivia said:

I think everyone gets too caught up in the idea of a "drug" officer slot being focused on drug busts, simply because that's what the slot is called.  But really it could be a slot for anything.

How about a "repo" slot.  With the loss of lockpicking notifications in sidechat, a repo officer could see these notifications, see a red ring on the map specifying the robbery location and get a description of the stolen vehicle (with the right talents of course.)  Perhaps they could also get the name and location of suspects when they rob a civilian. 

Or maybe the slot could use the Asylum market prices to generally let the cop know which il/legal activities the civs on the server are doing.  Or give us an idea of how many transactions are being made a rebel outposts per min so we get an idea of what the rebel activity is like.

These aren't the best suggestions ever, I know, but remember that you can always think outside the box.

All officers can see the market prices already, so what would the point of slotting this ability be? Except taking away a not-so used ability as it is from all officers? As far as repo, that would be an decent idea, but K9 Hype Train is going full force down the rails.

I feel there is a big focus on making the slots usable for drug as there are really only 3 huge things that matter cop side. Medic, Undercover, and Drug (being adorably referred to as the Big 3 by me) that would be usable across the whole map, rather then it being isolated to say a bank/fed situation, or prison situation (SWAT already covers this for the most part). Yes, repo could be used across the whole map, sure, but how major is that compared to the Big 3? Something that could be slotted for Drug activities for precincted cops would be great, and be something that could benefit the cop side in a direction a lot of members of the APD are looking for.

Make a parole officer

They are able to view location and inventory of people on parole

:)

While I like the idea of parole officer, I don't know how useful it would be, and feel that in the long run, even short run, it wouldn't be too useful. Cops deal with a lot as it is, and parole only lasts an hour. Most officers will be involved in situations that can make an hour go by quite fast, and by the time they go to check on someone who has parole, they either logged off, parole expired, or they violated the parole within 10-15 minutes.

Edited by Coyote
Olivia likes this
2 hours ago, Olivia said:

Drugs are a very important function of civ and cop interactions and I feel like the drug slot would have a chance to make these situations a little more unique. I believe there are other options but we need to target a core feature of gameplay with the slot and use the slot to enhance that experience. Ill try and think of some other potential slot ideas over the next few days.

Olivia likes this

I'm thinking the K-9 unit is a major turnoff to the devs. Perhaps a more conservative approach will get better results?

- like blood bags for medics, vehicle tracker abilities; perhaps limited number of active tracks at one time.

- fake "under the influence" graphic.

- similar to detecting the smell of burning flesh the ability to sense drugs on a person/vehicle.

- a more direct line with drug dealer snitching.

- ability to GoPro a civilian you hire as an informant

Olivia likes this
13 hours ago, Olivia said:

I just want 2 more slots of medic and UC, but i like that someone is atleast not thinking about a K9 unit or drug 

Edited by Mahdizzle
Olivia likes this

More UC or riot

:kappa:

I think a Detective slot would be cool. Being able to examine evidence and find out clues to who did the crime and or their POSSIBLE location, not accurate. E.g. if someone is killed, you could head on over to the body and examine the body, find out what calibre of weapon was used, rough estimated distance, maybe even a rough location of where the shooter was. It would work both ways, so a rebel/fugitive could destroy any evidence left at a crime scene and would require an animation similar to the "executing" option.

Just some drafting may come up with more in the future.

Edited by Crow
15 hours ago, Olivia said:

Image result for repo

Olivia and Mike Stmria like this
4 hours ago, Dredd said:

I'm thinking the K-9 unit is a major turnoff to the devs. Perhaps a more conservative approach will get better results?

- similar to detecting the smell of burning flesh the ability to sense drugs on a person/vehicle.

Without probable cause?? So if you see someone on the highway with a box truck you can just search?

1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

Without probable cause?? So if you see someone on the highway with a box truck you can just search?

Nope, there would also have to be APD guidelines just like the other slots have (such as warrant slot) to keep thing balanced. In addition there would be a cap to prevent a 100% detection rate of the k9 air sniff. A cop in real life cannot pull you over for a random violation and just immediately put a dog onto your car for an air sniff. Lets not panic before the mechanics are introduced, we all want to have fun here!

Olivia likes this
On 10/7/2016 at 6:35 PM, Sneaky said:

Hey I want to gather some good ideas for the drug slot in this thread so i can spam the ever living chicken nuggets out of @Paratus to get this slot up and running. This is a serious thread and as such I will remove anything that I deem to be off topic or not pertinent to this discussion.

- Definitely need to find a use for dogs in Arma 3. I suggest allowing drug slot officers to have a k9 in the vehicle that can be scripted to spawn in and run to a target vehicle to perform an "air sniff". Air sniff would be useful when there is no probable cause to search a vehicle or occupants. Air sniff provides a %chance% that illegal drugs/guns are detected.

- Drug officers could interrogate the drug dealers/processors with a %chance% of finding out who was the last person processing/selling.

- Drug officers could have a chance to get other officers more rewards for drug busts?

Just random stuff to start out the idea process. I'd love to find use for the drug slot and hopefully everyone can come up with some suggestions. This is a chance for rebels to try and come up with ideas that may be a cool experience for them to interact with as well. Thanks for your time.

tumblr_ne9lsx5f331sqhqoio1_500.jpg

EDIT:

So before I reply 100 times to the same thing:

- The chance of a dog detecting illegal contraband and the chance of a drug dealer/processor giving out information would stay way below 100% to keep it interesting for all factions.

- Drug officers being able to get a larger reward for seizing at the HQ gives the other factions a chance to get their stuff back. If cops want the extra money then there is a risk of the civs capturing back their product.

-1. Seems like another way for cops to screw you over.

Frizzy likes this

I recommended this before but a pursuit slot. Perk trees might have access to quicker repairs(the same 25,50,75 as medic), ability to unlock infinite spikestrips and nitrous, the same 25% faster medic perks the undercover has and maybe tougher vehicles if they pull them(as in harder to damage all parts of it).

It's a rough idea and could be expanded upon.

Dredd, Crow and Mike Stmria like this
1 hour ago, Phantom Viper said:

I recommended this before but a pursuit slot. Perk trees might have access to quicker repairs(the same 25,50,75 as medic), ability to unlock infinite spikestrips and nitrous, the same 25% faster medic perks the undercover has and maybe tougher vehicles if they pull them(as in harder to damage all parts of it).

It's a rough idea and could be expanded upon.

I like this idea.

The police should not be able to put the dog on the car with no probable cause. I think if that were to happen it would make doing illegal runs that much more difficult to do. I mean wiping your bounty to make sure no bounty hunters/UCs can track you would be useless. Now a k9 can just come and sniff out your drug run with no needed bounty. So not only do you have to worry about getting robbed by rebels now you would have troubles of completing a run by an officer with a dog that can sniff out your drugs. +1 to the fact it needs to be revamped

-1 to the no bounty=sniff away

So it will be a dog that will run after the victim or only sniff controlled targets/ Handcuffed victims ? If dog chases can it be kill able? If killable you should add a murder charge because the dog is pretty much an officer. I would also like to add in dogs could be able to sniff and locate if there is a druggie within 500-1000 meters not giving away the position but to notify the police someone is still in the area. 

GOOD IDEA SNEAKY BTW +1 

What about to make a drug/dea slot that works similar, Maybe receive a ping or a "warrant" circle when Snitches notify you the presence of drugs on someones house. 

could happen maybe 4 times per restart only ( That said would be around every 45 mins) this dea can raid houses only for the drugs and the owner of the house needs to be notified and would be notified too if one of his houses just got ping by the police 

Rough idea. But sounds good on my head. :P

Dredd likes this
  • 1 month later...

I think the drug slot needs to directly combat the drug trade.

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a United States federal law enforcement agency under the U.S. Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States.

-The DEA Special Operations Division (SOD) is a division within the DEA, which forwards information from wiretaps, intercepts and databases from various sources to federal agents and local law enforcement officials.

I think the SOD would be the easiest to include. A quick example I can think of would be a ping when someone has dealt with a npc in regards to drug processing. maybe make it come say 5 minutes give or take before the ping to simulate a informant calling and reporting the incident and then a the drug officer has a time limit to find them before they are considered lost. but while they are on the hunt they can come fast and hard to find them.

-Special Response Teams (SRT) missions consist of High-risk arrests, Vehicle assault, Specialized Surveillance, Custody of High-Profile Individuals, Dignitary and Witness Protection, Tactical Surveillance and Interdiction, Advance Breaching, Tactical Training to other police units, Urban and Rural Fugitive Searches.

I kind of like the idea of after maybe a drug slot officer that dose not succeed at catching his pray then can become marked and tracked in some way. SRT could receive notice of this and spend the next set amount of time keeping him from being killed.

the DEA also has a Aviation Dev. I feel like this could be used in many way ie: insertion of tactical teams, visual air support . maybe even a bird that can be used for offense