Cop is currently being used as a method to make quick cash, that's not its intended purpose. Ive got a couple ideas here to try and curb that

1) Reduce payout of bounties to 20% max (what the current lethal payout is, reducing lethal payout to 10%) and allow officer to receive gear at no cost (would remove regear feature and force officers to manually regear all items at the vendor at no cost or have only a p07).  Since money will not be needed to buy gear, the payout would need to be minimal.  Officers would still need to purchase exotic vehicles Orca+ and hunters/striders.  Prices could be adjusted on those as needed.  In addition Corp+ could use excess prestige points to buy those vehicles.

2) Leave payouts as is, but reduce payout area so only officers in the immediate area get paid for the bust (ie 500 meters) that should allow any pilot who helped to receive payment for their services and discourage officers from just driving around doing nothing and getting paid.

Parole change

Change it so parole does not pay the bounty upon issuance. If one violates their entire bounty is given back with the additional charge of parole violation.  If the person completes parole without violating the officers would then be paid the amount of the parole that was issued.  (I understanding coding could be an issue here)

Any ideas/adjustments are appreciated.  

Edited by HotWings
Just now, Rafael said:

Removing/Reducing how cops make their money. Yeah I get it cops tend to farm money and not RP cause of it. But reducing the payout system for that much is just gonna make discourage cops from playing.

There are two options, one reduces the pay everyone receives and gives free gear (why do you need tons of money if gear is free?), and one only pays those in the area of the arrest which is more fair to those who are doing the work for the arrest.  Cop should not be a cash cow for people who want to play rebel and not have to make money civy side. 

Olivia and Beef... like this

" Cop is currently being used as a method to make quick cash "

Source?

" Reduce payout of bounties to 20% max (what the current lethal payout is, reducing lethal payout to 10%) and allow officer to receive gear at no cost (would remove regear feature and force officers to manually regear all items at the vendor at no cost).  Since money will not be needed to buy gear, the payout would need to be minimal. "

What about the satisfaction of arresting a highly wanted criminal? Money is a motivator too. There needs to be incentives to play cop.

No, roleplay can't be the only incentive. We're a light RP community.

" Leave payouts as is, but reduce payout area so only officers in the immediate area get paid for the bust (ie 500 meters) that should allow any pilot who helped to receive payment for their services and discourage officers from just driving around doing nothing and getting paid. "

People stop patrolling to AFK in HQs during processing.

There is some big holes here.

Ghouh likes this

I dont know which precint you play but when there is 10 people + youre making less than your loadout costs. Only decent payout is for siezing drugs. So since we already got nerfed with maximum bounty 150k it seems its completely fine. People are making money only when there are just 2-5 cops online.

That 500m radius might be unfair and making people to stall there just for being paid instead of leaving the area with illegal items which needs to be siezed etc. Other officers are also doing their jobs and youre being paid for their successful arrests.

So I would like to keep it the way it is. But those ideas are really good at some points.

I honestly think one of the best ways to stop people playing cop for just money is to remove payouts from paying tickets, arresting, and parole. Make it an increased paycheck that also increases when you rank up. Then make all gear (guns, clothes, equipment) free, but not vehicles.

Pros:

• People aren't playing cop for just money anymore and more likely to increase communication (RP) during processing
  • Getting paid no matter what. Even if its a slow day and not much crime going on
  • Payment amount will be more equivalent to the actual cost of using equipment at a given rank.
  • People would be more inclined to give appropriate punishment (ticket, parole, pardon) during a longer processing. Now they get paid no matter what during a lengthy processing.

Cons:

• I guess it could be argued having free gear would make zerg rushing worse, but I would disagree. One of the main reasons people go back is so they have a chance to kill/capture someone to make their money back. However, if their gear is free they would be less inclined to go back and just call it a day when necessary.
  • Not going to make as much as before most likely

I'm sure there are other pros and cons, but I only put about 5-10 minutes of thought into this.

Edited by Destrah
sakha, Beef... and HotWings like this
Just now, Boris said:

What about the satisfaction of arresting a highly wanted criminal? Money is a motivator too. There needs to be incentives to play cop.

Are you implying that the satisfaction of arresting a highly wanted criminal only comes from the money? The pretty much enforces the point of the post doesn't it?

Just now, Boris said:

People stop patrolling to AFK in HQs during processing.

Since that is already against the rules, I dont see a problem there honestly.

4 minutes ago, signal said:

Ideas are nice however, the 500 meter radius thing is just like bounty hunting and some may call it unfair if they were to die and not be onscene when a ticket or parole is issued

It may be a bit unfair, but so is paying a cop in Kavala for the work 3 officers did in Sophia isnt it?  You can always transport them back to the HQ with whatever you seized to insure all officers who participated are compensated for their work, or officers could hand over cash to that officer from their bank once they are clear and near an ATM if they choose.  There was a time when only the issuing officer was awarded with the payment.  

All the numbers are up for debate, obviously nothing is set, a suggestion post is supposed to encourage talk/ideas to help better the community as a whole :)  

I would love to see a change to the APD were it's alot harder to become a cop, 1 week of cadet? bruh, sure there are ppl that fail but then again they have the option to try again wich is fine but it's the exakt same thing again. Unfortunately I do not have an ide for this yet but think about it, if the APD becomes harder to join then more deserving ppl would join (you'll never get rid off the black sheep) deserving ppl has a reason to join and I really don't think that reason is money but hey i could be wrong aswell. 

Edited by Mahdizzle
Beef... likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Cop is currently being used as a method to make quick cash, that's not its intended purpose. Ive got a couple ideas here to try and curb that

1) Reduce payout of bounties to 20% max (what the current lethal payout is, reducing lethal payout to 10%) and allow officer to receive gear at no cost (would remove regear feature and force officers to manually regear all items at the vendor at no cost).  Since money will not be needed to buy gear, the payout would need to be minimal.  Officers would still need to purchase exotic vehicles Orca+ and hunters/striders.  Prices could be adjusted on those as needed.  In addition Corp+ could use excess prestige points to buy those vehicles.

2) Leave payouts as is, but reduce payout area so only officers in the immediate area get paid for the bust (ie 500 meters) that should allow any pilot who helped to receive payment for their services and discourage officers from just driving around doing nothing and getting paid.

Parole change

Change it so parole does not pay the bounty upon issuance. If one violates their entire bounty is given back with the additional charge of parole violation.  If the person completes parole without violating the officers would then be paid the amount of the parole that was issued.  (I understanding coding could be an issue here)

None of this needs to happen it is fine the way it is. If anything payout should be increased the amount APD personnel make now is honestly to low. It has already been nerfed into oblivion.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, Smarty said:

None of this needs to happen it is fine the way it is. If anything payout should be increased the amount APD personnel make now is honestly to low. It has already been nerfed into oblivion.

1) If officers were to receive their gear free, the need for money is not there, the only items that an officer would need to purchase would be medical when they need it, and higher end armor when they want it.  Adding the ability to buy them with excess prestige (there are officers with tons of excess prestige) and lower there cost would balance out having to pay for them.

2) Paying cops only in the area of the arrest would increase the pay of those actually in the area and prevent people from mooching off of other officers work.  Thus adding additional pay to their checks...  Currently I can drive around aimlessly doing nothing useful and still get paid when 3 officers take down a meth ring.

Both suggestions actually buff cop game play for those actually playing cop for the right reasons.  While also help prevent abuse of cop as a farming source for money.  The only downsides I can see are 1) not being able to sell excess money and 2) not being able to fund my rebel life.

Beef... likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

1) Reduce payout of bounties to 20% max (what the current lethal payout is, reducing lethal payout to 10%) and allow officer to receive gear at no cost (would remove regear feature and force officers to manually regear all items at the vendor at no cost).  Since money will not be needed to buy gear, the payout would need to be minimal.  Officers would still need to purchase exotic vehicles Orca+ and hunters/striders.  Prices could be adjusted on those as needed.  In addition Corp+ could use excess prestige points to buy those vehicles.

Parole change

Honestly you can't make a "quick buck" on cop. Some days you won't make shit. other days you make a lot. And if your on Cop like 24/7 your going to make a lot but it's also a lot of work to sit and listen to hours of peoples stories.. I'd say it's already pretty balanced it's just career cops never spend their money really and end up stacking money like crazy but for us casual cops who play cop and civ it's not like when I get on cop im suddenly rich. it's decent money, but for the work you put into it and it being white-listed I believe it is balanced. just my 2 cents....

DreamC likes this
29 minutes ago, HotWings said:

1) If officers were to receive their gear free, the need for money is not there, the only items that an officer would need to purchase would be medical when they need it, and higher end armor when they want it.  Adding the ability to buy them with excess prestige (there are officers with tons of excess prestige) and lower there cost would balance out having to pay for them.

2) Paying cops only in the area of the arrest would increase the pay of those actually in the area and prevent people from mooching off of other officers work.  Thus adding additional pay to their checks...  Currently I can drive around aimlessly doing nothing useful and still get paid when 3 officers take down a meth ring.

Both suggestions actually buff cop game play for those actually playing cop for the right reasons.  While also help prevent abuse of cop as a farming source for money.  The only downsides I can see are 1) not being able to sell excess money and 2) not being able to fund my rebel life.

It doesn't matter what the only things they need to buy, It's about having fun in the game and having the money to pay for load outs on civ if necessary. Some people don't have the luxury of have the protection of a larger gang and their only income is on cop, and even just driving around getting paid doesn't amount to much. It varies from $1-xxxx which isn't alot considering you would have to play cop for a week to make the amount of $$$ an hour or 2 of time on civ. It's not like your making $100,000+ for driving around its no where near that much. People use the excuse of only playing cop for cash but in reality you don't get shit for money. It honestly needs to be buffed if anything.

Just now, Smarty said:

It doesn't matter what the only things they need to buy, It's about having fun in the game and having the money to pay for load outs on civ if necessary. Some people don't have the luxury of have the protection of a larger gang and their only income is on cop, and even just driving around getting paid doesn't amount to much. It varies from $1-xxxx which isn't alot considering you would have to play cop for a week to make the amount of $$$ an hour or 2 of time on civ. It's not like your making $100,000+ for driving around its no where near that much. People use the excuse of only playing cop for cash but in reality you don't get shit for money. It honestly needs to be buffed if anything.

Pretty much since forever if you are not making a lot of money on cop, you are doing it wrong. 
I laugh when people who play cop a lot and say they lose more money than they make.

Cop is always easy money, would be nice to have a different style for a try.

Just now, KevinOB said:

Pretty much since forever if you are not making a lot of money on cop, you are doing it wrong. 
I laugh when people who play cop a lot and say they lose more money than they make.

Cop is always easy money, would be nice to have a different style for a try.

In all honesty a large portion of the APD just zergs get killed and complain. Unfortunately they don't think. Cop is a easy way to make money yea i just think the payouts should be either left alone or increased.

13 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

I'm breaking rules if I want the payout for the guy I downed/restrained and probably died for?

There is a difference between waiting for the dude to be brought the HQ and afking in the HQ as Boris stated.

1 minute ago, Smarty said:

Cop is a easy way to make money yea i just think the payouts should be either left alone or increased.

Point proven...

37 minutes ago, Smarty said:

In all honesty a large portion of the APD just zergs get killed and complain. Unfortunately they don't think. Cop is a easy way to make money yea i just think the payouts should be either left alone or increased.

With Hotwings idea, you would prob make only a little less money, simply because you have nothing on cop that would cost you money, you would only make money while on duty.

Yes free gear does promote zerging which is not the best, but regardless zerging happens.

22 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

With Hotwings idea, you would prob make only a little less money, simply because you have nothing on cop that would cost you money, you would only make money while on duty.

Yes free gear does promote zerging which is not the best, but regardless zerging happens.

Back in the day all cops would just spawn in and already have a gear set it was taken out a while ago for a reason. Most likely wont implement it back in.

Just now, Smarty said:

Back in the day all cops would just spawn in and already have a gear set it was taken out a while ago for a reason. Most likely wont implement it back in.

Which is exactly why my suggestion would require officers to regear at the vendor every time removing the regear feature... 

57 minutes ago, Smarty said:

Yes that was 6.0 and the way cop worked was changed then. They introduced money cap, bounties sharing,standard cop loadout, pay for gear.

This is just an idea to change cop a bit like it was changed back then.

As someone else pointed out, payouts are already bad enough with multiple cops on and that is compounded by people not running drugs on 1-4 anymore because they farm on 5. Additionally giving free gear would definitely make APD far too OP and people would join it in even greater numbers just so they could hop on as cop and grief people they don't like.

Honestly these are terrible suggestions and if anything the money cap should be increased after X amount of people are on not decreased.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
9 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

As someone else pointed out, payouts are already bad enough with multiple cops on and that is compounded by people not running drugs on 1-4 anymore because they farm on 5. Additionally giving free gear would definitely make APD far too OP and people would join it in even greater numbers just so they could hop on as cop and grief people they don't like.

Honestly these are terrible suggestions and if anything the money cap should be increased after X amount of people are on not decreased.

1) Payouts are OP as fuck, people just assume there not since you dont get HUGE paychecks.  You literally can sit on the side of the road doing nothing and make a ton of cash.  Just because payouts are not 100k at a time doesn't mean you're not making bank.  You constantly get paychecks on cop due to the other cops around doing things (which is extremely OP). In fact yesterday I regeared my undercover loadout 10 times over the course of my play time due to banks/feds.  After regearing over 100k worth of gear I lost about 10k all told on the session.  Had I decided not to buy a 10k loadout each time I would have still netted over 100k profit. There were about 10-12 cops online. 2) You're mistaken if you think gangs dont get on cop to fuck with people they dont like already. Cops had free gear for the first 3ish of Asylum, the difference between then and now is they wont spawn with it when they die.  Having to manually regear would actually curb the speed at which people could currently get back to the fight since you spawn with a full loadout as is and this would force you to go to the shop to get rifle and ammo. Ie loadout would be tac vest and p07.