Cartel capture limit

There should be a limit of 2-3 cartel captures per cartel every restart. This is to prevent gangs from capping cartels only a few minutes after a cartel was capped. Gangs earn cartel caps and as such do not deserve to have to constantly worry about a cartel being snatched behind their backs while trying to do other activities, especially running drugs. It just gets frustrating and it's not possible to have people camping a cartel at all times to defend it.

dennozZ, BishopActual and Google™ like this

Admins are just going to say "prioritize" Do you want your cartel or do you want to do you <bank/fed/drugs/insert activity here>

I believe thats the reason the CD was removed. Also because people were abusing it and having another gang mate bring it down 10 just so they could cap it back and secure it for another 40 min. 

Sandra Bollock likes this
2 hours ago, Noble said:

There should be a limit of 2-3 cartel captures per cartel every restart. This is to prevent gangs from capping cartels only a few minutes after a cartel was capped. Gangs earn cartel caps and as such do not deserve to have to constantly worry about a cartel being snatched behind their backs while trying to do other activities, especially running drugs. It just gets frustrating and it's not possible to have people camping a cartel at all times to defend it.

There is a 15 minute cooldown after a cartel is capped though...

That also decreases the amount of fights in Asylum, and I love me fights

Edited by Ryan Lee
FudgeR likes this
11 minutes ago, Ryan Lee said:

There is a 15 minute cooldown after a cartel is capped though...

That also decreases the amount of fights in Asylum, and I love me fights

Cartels have purposes, sure, the fights are fun. But think of it like this. You cap drug, time to go run some meth.

Nope. Some fuck is solo capping it as soon as you get to meth lab, the moment it's contested your bonus is gone.

Well shit. Guess I'm not going to actually use this cartel.

Make cartels have 2-3 cap times per restart.

Make turfs an every 20 minute thing, fuck turfs. 

Fights will be better in quality because the moment a cartel is up to fight for, people are going to want it, they can't just avoid the fight and go ghost cap after they know someone is capping another cartel.

Logistically speaking, the 15 minute cap on a cartel is fucked. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No need to limit the amount of caps per restart, if anything just make the delay longer between caps

Isn't that what was proposed, but re-worded?

Make the cooldown longer = reduce the number of possible cap times.

Either way, it works.

Hah.

2 hours ago, BishopActual said:

Cartels have purposes, sure, the fights are fun. But think of it like this. You cap drug, time to go run some meth.

Nope. Some fuck is solo capping it as soon as you get to meth lab, the moment it's contested your bonus is gone.

Well shit. Guess I'm not going to actually use this cartel.

Make cartels have 2-3 cap times per restart.

Make turfs an every 20 minute thing, fuck turfs. 

Fights will be better in quality because the moment a cartel is up to fight for, people are going to want it, they can't just avoid the fight and go ghost cap after they know someone is capping another cartel.

Logistically speaking, the 15 minute cap on a cartel is fucked. 

Isn't that what was proposed, but re-worded?

Make the cooldown longer = reduce the number of possible cap times.

Either way, it works.

I believe that you lose your bonuses when the cap gets to 0 but not sure.

imo the purpose of cartels are the fights, and the benefits come after. If you go to a cartel and someone goes to cap it, to fight it, and if you go fight your cartels all the time then you won't see many solo cappers getting your cartels

Cartels should be revamped in general, hardly anybody actually fights them without staging it. Cartels just get capped by zergs and camped for money/benefits.

IMO you shouldn't be able to own all 4 cartels at once, it would give smaller gangs a fighting chance. 

Edited by Legit
43 minutes ago, Legit said:

Cartels should be revamped in general, hardly anybody actually fights them without staging it. Cartels just get capped by zergs and camped for money/benefits.

IMO you shouldn't be able to own all 4 cartels at once, it would give smaller gangs a fighting chance. 

although this i do agree with, big strong rich gangs will own the map if they want to sauce make it so that a gang can only own 2 cartels maybe :shrug:

53 minutes ago, Legit said:

What does owning 4 cartels have to do with smaller gangs fighting? If they have the desire to fight they will fight. I dont think anyone see's a gang with 4 cartels and decides not to fight them because of it.

23 minutes ago, johnfx said:

although this i do agree with, big strong rich gangs will own the map if they want to sauce make it so that a gang can only own 2 cartels maybe :shrug:

no that makes no sense you want to join a big and good gang so you always have cartels so that weapons are cheaper and your drugs and scotch(etc...) sell for full price and you can farm the money from the cartels

1 hour ago, Legit said:

No the whole point of gang life is to usually be a top tier gang that can cap all cartels. Why would you want to limit yourself from that?

28 minutes ago, ChicoXL said:

What does owning 4 cartels have to do with smaller gangs fighting? If they have the desire to fight they will fight. I dont think anyone see's a gang with 4 cartels and decides not to fight them because of it.

There are plenty of gangs that do that, Look at the gangs that only go for oil cartel. If I'm online with 3 people and I see a gang with 10+ people I'm probably not going to waste my loadout(s) for a 100k split at best. Now assuming we want the cartel to run drugs, if they have 10+ people on they will just instantly cap it as soon as they can. You MIGHT be able to cap wongs and if you're quick enough sell your scotch before they are able to cap it again. 

It is allowing smaller gangs to own a turf and profit from it and grow, as opposed to a zerg owning every cartel and just camping money. Cartels have a larger purpose than just a fight, it isn't the point of seeing all 4 cartels capped and being scared. It is to stop large gangs from owning everything allowing a smaller gangs to pick up whatever the larger gang didn't want. With turfs you don't (often) see the gang that owns two turfs showing up to fight the third, what would be the point. If you play specifically to shoot people, why not play KoTH? Some people just generally enjoy making money and it becomes impossible with zergs spamming the caps to farm money. 

10 minutes ago, Cougar #ISlayInfidels said:

no that makes no sense you want to join a big and good gang so you always have cartels so that weapons are cheaper and your drugs and scotch(etc...) sell for full price and you can farm the money from the cartels

'No the whole point of gang life is to usually be a top tier gang that can cap all cartels. Why would you want to limit yourself from that?

:fail: "Top Tier" != Big

Cartels should be based on skill, game sense, strategy. Not just how many people you can bring as meatshields. 9/10 times a group of 12 people will beat a group of 4 people just by overwhelming the smaller group. A big reason why gang life is shit is because of the massive zergs, people make their own gangs and can't find any members so they disband and all join the big gang thus contributing to the problem. I had a guy tell me that his gang has enough members that they could fill up the server if everybody was active, I wouldn't doubt him either considering 8+ people are in that gang at nearly any time during the day. 

Edit: @Axe

In regards to what you said about people abusing the mechanic to hold the cartel for longer, a simple fix would be to require a cartel to be brought down to 0 or fully capped by another gang in order to re-initiate the 40 minute cooldown. Essentially making the cooldown a one time deal when you fully cap it.

Edited by Legit
4 minutes ago, Legit said:

There are plenty of gangs that do that, Look at the gangs that only go for oil cartel. If I'm online with 3 people and I see a gang with 10+ people I'm probably not going to waste my loadout(s) for a 100k split at best. Now assuming we want the cartel to run drugs, if they have 10+ people on they will just instantly cap it as soon as they can. You MIGHT be able to cap wongs and if you're quick enough sell your scotch before they are able to cap it again. 

It is allowing smaller gangs to own a turf and profit from it and grow, as opposed to a zerg owning every cartel and just camping money. Cartels have a larger purpose than just a fight, it isn't the point of seeing all 4 cartels capped and being scared. It is to stop large gangs from owning everything allowing a smaller gangs to pick up whatever the larger gang didn't want. With turfs you don't (often) see the gang that owns two turfs showing up to fight the third, what would be the point. If you play specifically to shoot people, why not play KoTH? Some people just generally enjoy making money and it becomes impossible with zergs spamming the caps to farm money. 

:fail: "Top Tier" != Big

Cartels should be based on skill, game sense, strategy. Not just how many people you can bring as meatshields. 9/10 times a group of 12 people will beat a group of 4 people just by overwhelming the smaller group. A big reason why gang life is shit is because of the massive zergs, people make their own gangs and can't find any members so they disband and all join the big gang thus contributing to the problem. I had a guy tell me that his gang has enough members that they could fill up the server if everybody was active, I wouldn't doubt him either considering 8+ people are in that gang at nearly any time during the day. 

Edit: @Axe

In regards to what you said about people abusing the mechanic to hold the cartel for longer, a simple fix would be to require a cartel to be brought down to 0 or fully capped by another gang in order to re-initiate the 40 minute cooldown. Essentially making the cooldown a one time deal when you fully cap it.

You shouldnt really be fighting cartels with the purpose to fight if you only have 4 people against 12. thats how it works.. You can have 80 people in your gang but if they are all inactive that seems like a personal problem to me

Cougar. likes this
4 minutes ago, Fudger said:

You shouldnt really be fighting cartels with the purpose to fight if you only have 4 people against 12. thats how it works.. You can have 80 people in your gang but if they are all inactive that seems like a personal problem to me

If you are going to bother to reply, read the entire post. I literally said you should not even play if all you want is to fight. Gangs with less players on then a zerg need/want the cartels to run drugs/sell scotch/craft, etc. But are unable due to gangs with overwhelming numbers on just holding the cartels just for the cap money, being toxic in side and just recruiting more people like Cougar who just want a big gang so they can leech off the cartels. Same reason why Tanoa only has one big gang. Players like this just contribute to the problem without even knowing it.

Edited by Legit
FudgeR likes this
Just now, Legit said:

If you are going to bother to reply, read the entire post. I literally said you should not even play if all you want is to fight. Gangs with less players on then a zerg need/want the cartels to run drugs/sell scotch/craft, etc. But are unable due to gangs with overwhelming numbers on just holding the cartels just for the cap money, being toxic in side and just recruiting more people like Cougar who just want a big gang so they can leech off the cartels. Same reason why Tanoa only has one big gang. 

Hey hey, don't talk like that about @Cougar #ISlayInfidels 

but yea I see your point about smaller gangs. But Imo cartels are for the fights, and then benefits/money second

Edited by Fudger
42 minutes ago, Legit said:

If you want a cartel that nobody fights for go take oil cartel. To me it seems your upset because taking a cartel for the money isn't easy enough for you. If you really dont think the cartel is worth your loadout's keep your 100k and lose profit from running drugs. You dont need the cartels to make money.

9 minutes ago, ChicoXL said:

If you want a cartel that nobody fights for go take oil cartel. To me it seems your upset because taking a cartel for the money isn't easy enough for you. If you really dont think the cartel is worth your loadout's keep your 100k and lose profit from running drugs. You dont need the cartels to make money.

I only go to cartel to fight people and not the money, so your assumption is wrong. I'm trying to fight for the smaller gangs that can't get cartels at all. I'm not saying cartels should have no fighting, I'm saying 4-6 people should be able to cap a cartel without 12 people zerging ontop of them every time. It should be more fair and allow room for the gangs that aren't as strong to have a chance to fight for cartels. As I said in my earlier message, gangs are just being filled with members to zerg cartels and leach for benefits. Look at S5

Edited by Legit
10 minutes ago, Legit said:

I only go to cartel to fight people and not the money, so your assumption is wrong. I'm trying to fight for the smaller gangs that can't get cartels at all. I'm not saying cartels should have no fighting, I'm saying 4-6 people should be able to cap a cartel without 12 people zerging ontop of them every time. It should be more fair and allow room for the gangs that aren't as strong to have a chance to fight for cartels. As I said in my earlier message, gangs are just being filled with members to zerg cartels and leach for benefits. Look at S5

Hmm at this point why not put group cap at 6 people max:frog:

1 hour ago, Legit said:

If you are going to bother to reply, read the entire post. I literally said you should not even play if all you want is to fight. Gangs with less players on then a zerg need/want the cartels to run drugs/sell scotch/craft, etc. But are unable due to gangs with overwhelming numbers on just holding the cartels just for the cap money, being toxic in side and just recruiting more people like Cougar who just want a big gang so they can leech off the cartels. Same reason why Tanoa only has one big gang. Players like this just contribute to the problem without even knowing it.

oh well get gud

FudgeR likes this
59 minutes ago, Legit said:

I don't know why you keep going on, small gangs still wouldn't cap cartels if the bigger gang has 1+ people logged in. It doesn't take us owning a cartel to know if someone is capping, we will still come and kill you because we are bored.

FudgeR and bunni like this
2 hours ago, Legit said:

12 members

zerging

choose one.

2 hours ago, Legit said:

Being in a larger gang I can tell you that we cap cartels for more reasons other then money. It gets our name on the map, We get war rating and once in a blue moon if prime or tenacity aren't on other gangs will show up to fight for it which is fun. Gangs that aren't as strong have to get stronger. It's the natural selection of asylum. It's no ones fault but their own if they don't have as much people or anything else that would give them an advantage. Credit to the smaller gangs for trying to cap cartels more often though.

1 hour ago, Noble said:

Lets not turn this into a group cap problem, has nothing to do with what I propose. Group cap is where it should be. 

People just got upset I suggested they actually have to be good at the game as opposed to just having double the members. 

Up the cooldown timer and prevent people from refreshing it, or limit the amount of cartels you can own at a time. Maybe cartels would actually become fun to go to again. 

1 hour ago, Legit said:

People just got upset I suggested they actually have to be good at the game as opposed to just having double the members. 

Up the cooldown timer and prevent people from refreshing it, or limit the amount of cartels you can own at a time. Maybe cartels would actually become fun to go to again. 

You only go with sdar's anyways, what do you know:D