Why are servers so laggy now?

No one can deny the servers have been tanking severely bad lately. Starting around the last BattleEye patch, and around when we got the dreaded contrast change. Direct chat is fixed, but there is still serious problems. Why is this? Other servers running 120 People dont have this problem as consistently. Why is Asylum still using the outdated framework(this would fix serious issues such as getting revived out of vehicles with no gun STILL)? Why haven't the devs Tried some options such as an action menu? Why do the servers desync so bad? Why on Asylum, do people randomly appear naked, and it causes you to effectively die in one shot (maybe happens on other servers).  Please answer.

Edited by Kryptonn

but I do agree, the lag is horrible, every time I go to shoot somebody they fling forwards then back then all over the place so I'm sat tryna chase them to shoot them then end up dying, and even just driving is hard, cars fling back straight into you, half the time it ends up with my car blowing up, yesterday, and a bunch of ppl were there to see it, I pulled my Orca out, it instantly vanished, and was gone from my garage, still not there

kryptonthegamer, Tiefman and Sergio like this
5 hours ago, Fluxah said:

but I do agree, the lag is horrible, every time I go to shoot somebody they fling forwards then back then all over the place so I'm sat tryna chase them to shoot them then end up dying, and even just driving is hard, cars fling back straight into you, half the time it ends up with my car blowing up, yesterday, and a bunch of ppl were there to see it, I pulled my Orca out, it instantly vanished, and was gone from my garage, still not there

Yeah, it's annoying lost 2 orcas that way, main problem I looked in the request comp section and the admin was like this never happens lol but if it does please get SOLID evidence. Stupid admins saying shit doesn't happen and it happens almost every single time.

I think Paratus is having an Identity crisis. But in all seriousness Asylum is based on (albeit a heavily modified version of) Altis Life 3.1 and the current version is 4.3. Most of the lag free servers are running at least 4.1 which brings a load of optimization changes. Updating all his scripts to work on the new framework would be a bit of a chore and since he is the sole dev afaik it would take a lot of his time to do so. If I was him I'd pick a few experienced devs to maintain Asylum while he focuses on Identity. Also pls bring back night I miss it :( 

6 hours ago, Kryptonn said:

No one can deny the servers have been tanking severely bad lately. Starting around the last BattleEye patch, and around when we got the dreaded contrast change. Direct chat is fixed, but there is still serious problems. Why is this? Other servers running 120 People dont have this problem as consistently. Why is Asylum still using the outdated framework(this would fix serious issues such as getting revived out of vehicles with no gun STILL)? Why haven't the devs Tried some options such as an action menu? Why do the servers desync so bad? Why on Asylum, do people randomly appear naked, and it causes you to effectively die in one shot (maybe happens on other servers).  Please answer.

There's only 1 answer to all of that, and it's: Because this is Asylum.

10 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Is the lagg that bad? I play every day and experience little to no lag, from EU. 

Yes. I can start making videos for the minority That dont experience lag if youd like. Cars consistently float away, 5 headshots dont register, random cops freeze in place while running while the rest of the server is actually runing smooth, etc. You saw in my last video i attack an apd briefing, the cops lagged out but the quad bike was driving fine and people outside the gate near me were talking fine.

Edited by Kryptonn

I'll see tonight when I play.  Remember, we made a change yesterday - not just to VON, but to some networking setup for the servers as well.  For most people it's been better, so perhaps there are some 1 off cases where it is not.  

What I can tell you is that the server FPS (yes, the server itself registers and FPS setting) is up about 20 - which is massive.  Things should be working better, but we always are tweaking stuff to get the most that we can.  

Just now, bamf said:

I'll see tonight when I play.  Remember, we made a change yesterday - not just to VON, but to some networking setup for the servers as well.  For most people it's been better, so perhaps there are some 1 off cases where it is not.  

What I can tell you is that the server FPS (yes, the server itself registers and FPS setting) is up about 20 - which is massive.  Things should be working better, but we always are tweaking stuff to get the most that we can.  

Yeah, i mean this has been going on about 3 night in a row before the VON update. Von update is on all 4 servers right? And yeah i noticed the physical fps Itself was normal last night and the night more. Latency is my concern now.

4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Are you guys using Dwarden's tbb malloc and server binary? Lots of communities were reporting it that it increased server fps, some even said help out a bit with latency.