Change Log 6.6.5

Paratus

Okay here is the rundown, the release will be sometime this week. It has been hinted heavily by the Admins and Community Managers, so just be patient. For now, look on Steam and take a peak at all the awesome mods that the server might include. Hell, if it becomes a Precinct server, you know where I'll be...

Edited by Patrick James
Capt Pepper likes this
8 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Why do this? :(

It takes time. Proper placement of all the NPC's, shops, spawn locations, drug locations, rebel locations, mining locations, etc on a new map. Choosing/implementing/pricing all potential new weapons, vehicles, clothing and items. Then of course making sure everything works as intended. Paratus wouldn't want to rush out a new modded server that's broken and bugged to hell.

Your patience will be rewarded.  

Capt Pepper, Monster, Will and 2 others like this
On 2/28/2016 at 5:14 AM, Patrick James said:

Yeah,  I   saw that now  lol. You had my  hopes up lol.I'm taking about the Lakeside map, not the Asylum release

You and I both my friend... I just keep hoping it doesn't release while I am working. I know my patience would dwindle thin while working lol.

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Chambers said:

Modded server for asylum im in with map lakeside or made your own? whitlisted ? 

No one but the admins working on it know. All the other admins are being EXTREMELY tight lipped about it. I guess the only way we will know. Is when it releases.

35 minutes ago, Cifunds said:

If the new server become a precint oh god.. you know where im gonna stick around

m4 4lyfe bruh

It will not become a precinct. Well at least not until all the other servers convert over to mods. It's probably going to work the same way S5 works where anybody can use the slots.

25 minutes ago, MatthewV said:

It will not become a precinct. Well at least not until all the other servers convert over to mods. It's probably going to work the same way S5 works where anybody can use the slots.

But let's be honest, if it was, we all know where you'd be... And everyone else...

4 hours ago, Ebola said:

I am consistently checking the forums anxiously waiting for the new server release. I wake up 3 times a night to check to see if its changed. Hell I legit had a dream where part of i was on my cpu checking the forums 

You need to go see someone. Or take a break from Arma for a while... 

And as time continues to slip on by, my fears that the devil's patch...... Patch 6.6.6. won't be released. My fears are that patch 6.7.0 will take over when the new modded server is introduced... 

Please @Paratus think about Cthulhu and all that he has done for us. Offer him the chance to be great in our community. And for Everyone in NA please remember this Presidential Election vote Cthulhu. He will help us with a new truths between Our plain of reality and the 12th Plain of Torment .
4501.jpg.43ede6bf94263cef18e4c36f6b60dc4

ALL HAIL CTHULHU!

Edited by JediNarwals
8 minutes ago, JediNarwals said:

And as time continues to slip on by, my fears that the devil's patch...... Patch 6.6.6. won't be released. My fears are that patch 6.7.0 will take over when the new modded server is introduced... 

Please @Paratus think about Cthulhu and all that he has done for us. Offer him the chance to be great in our community. And for Everyone in NA please remember this Presidential Election vote Cthulhu. He will help us with a new truths between Our plain of reality and the 12th Plain of Torment .
4501.jpg.43ede6bf94263cef18e4c36f6b60dc4

ALL HAIL CTHULHU!

Name Corrected

Ebola likes this

i get it takes time but whats the hold up? been hearing about the modded server for weeks... i even took the initiative to put together an aus. map, with the same mods, and a new setup (traders, police HQ, checkpoints etc...) took me a week... ofc its not the best coding and not the stablest but thats one kid working on a server himself, dont you have a team of codders? if not, should recruit! alot of normal arma players like myself, love to dabble in the coding!

3 minutes ago, allan thomas said:

i get it takes time but whats the hold up? been hearing about the modded server for weeks... i even took the initiative to put together an aus. map, with the same mods, and a new setup (traders, police HQ, checkpoints etc...) took me a week... ofc its not the best coding and not the stablest but thats one kid working on a server himself, dont you have a team of codders? if not, should recruit! alot of normal arma players like myself, love to dabble in the coding!

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, allan thomas said:

Paratus is the head developer, he's the primary coder for the servers and is the author of many of the features that we have today. I believe Asylum has one other coder but his job is to work on Identity alongside Paratus. Paratus and the Administrators are probably the ones that have been bug testing the new server lately, ensuring a smooth and stable launch. We will probably see the server tomorrow or Saturday, as they will probably want all of the Admins and Moderators to be available. This will ensure that any bugs that need attention will be reported and fixed quickly. This is the first time that Asylum has dabbled with mods, it has been said in the past that they would never use mods as it divides the community, but following the recent Eden update, mods are now easily downloaded by the launcher, ending this divide. Just wait patiently, sure it's sucks waiting with no word but we've all gotten by, and don't complain either, we are getting these new updates practically for for little money. It's our job to play it, and their job to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our play, is the best it can possibly be.

Le Razoir likes this
Just now, epTic said:

You're new here, aren't you?

It'll be at least another 2 weeks to a month before the server is launched. 

The Administrators have hinted heavily on the server coming in a week or so, that was on Sunday. They are under a NDA from the community managers and Paratus, basically if they say anything, they'll lose their fingers... 

34 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

The Administrators have hinted heavily on the server coming in a week or so, that was on Sunday. They are under a NDA from the community managers and Paratus, basically if they say anything, they'll lose their fingers... 

Paratus flat out said "expect a modded server within the next week" 3 weeks ago. 

SheriffJohnBeard and Frizzy like this