Server Population

08014E3C87A7120E3A9C655694991017F189FA5E

This was taken at 8:10 pm EST (-5) - This is prime time normally.

What is happening to the server. As we can all see, its dying. Admins say, people come and go. You treat us as paychecks, you only try to attract new players.

What happens after everyone moves on?

Many people have been saying that the server has been dying because of gang life, money cap or any other. I think asylum should slowly move back to the way it was (pre 6.0) where the server encouraged big gangs, constant fighting...

Lets keep this clean. Talk about your ideas on this, and give suggestions if you want.

The population is way down because of Division + The new server.  Now that doesn't mean Asylum is perfect, gang life is hanging on by a thread and really I don't think server 6 hype will last, it's fun but after hours of playing on it, I don't really feel like I got anywhere and I would've had more fun on Altis, modded content is cool but it doesn't help me put up with all the bs and poor map design.

Well cant blame them, so many ppl whos been wasting a whole week for little to no progress. Server 6# is fun with modded content and so. But so much is broken, way to much. So finaly ppl start to realise its no point playing a broken grinding game, the last drop was now then me and my friends finaly grinded up a Arma3 Industrial Shed and our gang storage just totaly vanished into thin air. Not counting all lost fully loaded superliner Macks or full inventorys going into thin air more then 5 times after server crashes / memory leaks crashes / ddos crashes / broken features. Guess I need a break as well.

38 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

You treat us as paychecks, you only try to attract new players.

If the money they made from donations was their "paychecks", they would all be homeless as fuck. Donations go to support the cost of the server lol, most likely don't even cover the full costs.

Also, It's not that Asylum is dieing, its that Arma 3 was never a very popular game to being with. This is 2016 bro, can't really expect much more from a 3 year old game. Go play something else till Arma 4 comes out :) 

1 minute ago, Quenton said:

If the money they made from donations was their "paychecks", they would all be homeless as fuck. Donations go to support the cost of the server lol, most likely don't even cover the full costs.

Also, It's not that Asylum is dieing, its that Arma 3 was never a very popular game to being with. This is 2016 bro, can't really expect much more from a 3 year old game. Go play something else till Arma 4 comes out :) 

fasdfasdfasdzzxcv.png

This thread pops up every few months when a new flavor of the month game is released.  I've seen this type of thread in one form or another for two years.  One of my favorites was that GTA 5 RP servers would kill Asylum.   People come and go.  If you're enjoying it great, if you're not find something else.  If you're concerned the game is dying: concern yourself with something else that you can control.  

The populations really are not bad considering a new hype game was released this week, and a new mod server that a lot of people are trying to play in-between the massive DDOS that it's receiving.

1 hour ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

This thread pops up every few months when a new flavor of the month game is released.  I've seen this type of thread in one form or another for two years.  One of my favorites was that GTA 5 RP servers would kill Asylum.   People come and go.  If you're enjoying it great, if you're not find something else.  If you're concerned the game is dying: concern yourself with something else that you can control.  

The populations really are not bad considering a new hype game was released this week, and a new mod server that a lot of people are trying to play in-between the massive DDOS that it's receiving.

This, also the division probably has a lot to do with this...

The following DLC came out for dylng light..

EVE just got some new hotness added to it...

SEVERAL reasons the pop could be down. 

52 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I'd be less inclined to speak my mind and would treat you all like I treat my employer's clientele.

Usually all you do is make us feel bad in forums and spit on us. I don't know if this is a superiority complex or something but you're always cocky and toxic. You treat us like some second class citizen. Sure I may of not been aware of the other games that came out recently, I just wanted to get peoples thoughts. You see, you guys barely take into consideration the communities views. Sure you add some aspects that are interesting, but sometimes you take away/put in place aspects that are plain retarded.

As for you directly, i'd like to personally thank you for your service on Asylum... Especially with the Bans. But, I think the community would appreciate if you lowered you saltiness. Sure, it might be part of your personality but this aspect of you ruins the relations with your community. Most players see you as arrogant, salty, toxic or many other words to describe you. I don't want to spark outrage upon you, but this is getting ridiculous. You may have not really done it here but please try not to spit upon people when you comment to their topic on forums. With this attitude, it makes us feel like the way described above : like you clientele and not the Asylum Community. You can chose to listen or not, I just think it would be more beneficial for your relations with the community.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize for sparking something unnecessary. I was not aware of the aspects and situations put in play. I hope to see Asylum reach its full potential again.

Please lock this topic.

Edited by Bersabee
Gubber Flexx likes this
2 hours ago, Bersabee said:

This was taken at 8:10 pm EST (-5) - This is prime time normally.

What is happening to the server. As we can all see, its dying. Admins say, people come and go. You treat us as paychecks, you only try to attract new players.

What happens after everyone moves on?

Many people have been saying that the server has been dying because of gang life, money cap or any other. I think asylum should slowly move back to the way it was (pre 6.0) where the server encouraged big gangs, constant fighting...

Lets keep this clean. Talk about your ideas on this, and give suggestions if you want.

Division is out.... I have over 200 friends on my steam list and most of them that are normally playing arma are playing division. This always happens when a new game is out, if you've been here long enough you'd see. Take this opportunity to make some money they will be back. :D

1 hour ago, Bersabee said:

Usually all you do is make us feel bad in forums and spit on us. I don't know if this is a superiority complex or something but you're always cocky and toxic. You treat us like some second class citizen. Sure I may of not been aware of the other games that came out recently, I just wanted to get peoples thoughts. You see, you guys barely take into consideration the communities views. Sure you add some aspects that are interesting, but sometimes you take away/put in place aspects that are plain retarded.

As for you directly, i'd like to personally thank you for your service on Asylum... Especially with the Bans. But, I think the community would appreciate if you lowered you saltiness. Sure, it might be part of your personality but this aspect of you ruins the relations with your community. Most players see you as arrogant, salty, toxic or many other words to describe you. I don't want to spark outrage upon you, but this is getting ridiculous. You may have not really done it here but please try not to spit upon people when you comment to their topic on forums. With this attitude, it makes us feel like the way described above : like you clientele and not the Asylum Community. You can chose to listen or not, I just think it would be more beneficial for your relations with the community.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize for sparking something unnecessary. I was not aware of the aspects and situations put in play. I hope to see Asylum reach its full potential again.

Please lock this topic.

Just understand, Gnashes isn't spitting on you or trying to belittle you. He's just a really blunt guy, it's in his nature. Don't take it personally. 

As for the remainder of your post, contrary to popular belief, we don't really have much (if any) influence on what changes in the servers. We are the janitors, we clean up. Not much more. Paratus ultimately goes in the direction he feels is best for the community or matches his creative vision of Asylum. So in threads like this all of us, admin and community member alike, we're all just exchanging opinions. But in the grand scheme our opinions don't carry any greater degree of importance than yours. 

If you have specific changes in mind, make a suggestion thread, start a poll and gather as much support as possible. So far overwhelming popular support is the only proven method of getting changes implemented. That's how civs got the RCO, that's how the Yorris J2 was added (shout out to Sheriff Rick), that's how rotor lib was killed,  and many other features were add/removed/adjusted.

But if you're just looking to discuss ideas, by all means.

2 hours ago, Bersabee said:

Usually all you do is make us feel bad in forums and spit on us. I don't know if this is a superiority complex or something but you're always cocky and toxic. You treat us like some second class citizen.

Just get used to it, my good friend.

25 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Just understand, Gnashes isn't spitting on you or trying to belittle you. He's just a really blunt guy, it's in his nature. Don't take it personally. 

Very kindly said my, my good friend. 

14 hours ago, Feenix G. Reno said:

fasdfasdfasdzzxcv.png

Is that supposed to be a lot lol? Call of Duty average over 100k players on the main consoles... and COD is shit

It's not that arma is shit, but not everyone invests $700+ into a computer to play a game. Arma has high requirements and most people would rather spend $350 so they can play all of the new games.

Edited by Quenton
On 3/11/2016 at 5:55 PM, Quenton said:

Is that supposed to be a lot lol? Call of Duty average over 100k players on the main consoles... and COD is shit.

It's a lot considerning the royal pain in the ass playing Arma really is.

Takes 300 hours just to learn how to control the idiot guy seamlesly.

Another 200 hours to not have your vehicle blown up by tiny invisible bushes everytime you go somewhere.

Then another 1000 hours to get your aim straight....

It's not for everyone and hard to retain whatever masochists choose to go with it.