Increase / Remove Jail timer cap

14 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

If players continue to try to get high bounties with long jail times, that is their problem lol. It means they don’t care enough about the change to stop doing that.

Cops can’t instantly jail people lol. If they are, start sending in IA reports. It’s never happened to me.

If I’m unarmed, I do. It might give me a chance to get them banned in case they RDM me. What does this have to do with anything, though?

Arresting a player is restricting them from playing the game.

Why would you punish someone for being better than other players. High bounties usually come from just surviving longer than most, bounty hunters and police will keep trying to get you and if you succeed in fighting them off your bounty just rises. Players with high bounties are typically just players who haven’t been arrested for a long period of time because they’re better than the police or bounty hunters that come for them. There is no problem with the current system. The current system embodies what asylum is, which is a light rp server focused on combat with other players.

1 hour ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Arresting a player is restricting them from playing the game.

Why would you punish someone for being better than other players. High bounties usually come from just surviving longer than most, bounty hunters and police will keep trying to get you and if you succeed in fighting them off your bounty just rises. Players with high bounties are typically just players who haven’t been arrested for a long period of time because they’re better than the police or bounty hunters that come for them. There is no problem with the current system. The current system embodies what asylum is, which is a light rp server focused on combat with other players.

We’re not punishing them. We’re not even making their prison sentences equally proportional to those of players who are frequently arrested. They will simply serve a more equal amount of time for an equal amount of crime. There would still be a maximum sentence, just larger.

55 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Having a 300k bounty is a straight to jail offense now.  So why is it light RP for cops but not for rebels?

Okay, then this change would have to include the removal of that policy. No issue.

Edited by Piter De Vries
25 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

We’re not punishing them. We’re not even making their prison sentences equally proportional to those of players who are frequently arrested. They will simply serve a more equal amount of time for an equal amount of crime. There would still be a maximum sentence, just larger.

Okay, then this change would have to include the removal of that policy. No issue.

sugarcoating it, it’s punishing. Prison doesn’t allow you to play the game. Really good cartel players who get high bounties will now be restricted from playing the game longer than players who suck ass. There is no problem with the current system at all. There is no reason to attempt to change it. The system has been changed over the years into what it is now for a good reason. People didn’t like how it was before. Changing the max sentence is just making it exactly how it was before and it was changed because nobody liked it.

Gagss, Bob Danaloo and Donald like this

Kind of a tricky one, idk what the correct answer is so I'm interested in the things said here. 

Increasing from a 30min max is going to be a hard no. We want people out playing the game/interacting. Going and playing a different game for 45mins while a pointless timer ticks down doesn't help us much.

Changing the plate pressing back to reducing price is going to be a no, it was a highly requested change and i think is still widely popular.

However that being said, too short of a timer and you end up with some of the symptoms we have now.
1.) Lack of roleplay, why would you try to roleplay with a cop when arrested. Waste 10mins of my life telling a story just to be given a ticket when I can ask to be sent straight to jail and spend 7min 40seconds pressing plates and going free. 
2.) Menace to society. While i don't "like" it i understand the logic. If cops wipe your gang and get the big bounty they should be rewarded for it financially. Instead of the big bounty reading the bee movie script and stalling long enough for his group mate to press plates, grab a vest and use it. 
3.) Prison break fatigue, its pretty silly you do a 10min prison break instead of just pressing plates. I can understand why officers are tired of pushing the double deer stands when realistically they are better off not showing up and then later when they catch any escapee's they get to be sent straight to jail. And if they run into the group actually doing the break hopefully its on better terms than pushing a fortified position. 

Ronald and Cowboy Justin like this
5 hours ago, Patato said:

Kind of a tricky one, idk what the correct answer is so I'm interested in the things said here. 

Increasing from a 30min max is going to be a hard no. We want people out playing the game/interacting. Going and playing a different game for 45mins while a pointless timer ticks down doesn't help us much.

Changing the plate pressing back to reducing price is going to be a no, it was a highly requested change and i think is still widely popular.

However that being said, too short of a timer and you end up with some of the symptoms we have now.
1.) Lack of roleplay, why would you try to roleplay with a cop when arrested. Waste 10mins of my life telling a story just to be given a ticket when I can ask to be sent straight to jail and spend 7min 40seconds pressing plates and going free. 
2.) Menace to society. While i don't "like" it i understand the logic. If cops wipe your gang and get the big bounty they should be rewarded for it financially. Instead of the big bounty reading the bee movie script and stalling long enough for his group mate to press plates, grab a vest and use it. 
3.) Prison break fatigue, its pretty silly you do a 10min prison break instead of just pressing plates. I can understand why officers are tired of pushing the double deer stands when realistically they are better off not showing up and then later when they catch any escapee's they get to be sent straight to jail. And if they run into the group actually doing the break hopefully its on better terms than pushing a fortified position. 

Same can be said if the jail times are long.  When they were 45 minutes, it sucked when you tried RPing with a cop for 15 - 30 minutes and didn't get a pardon.  I remember always thinking that it would've just been smarter to start my sentence than waste my time explaining my charges.  With the current system, it's optional and doesn't feel nearly as bad if your time got wasted.  

I don't want to come off as highly anti-APD but let's be totally honest and realize that PLENTY of cops robocop, bigger the bounty the more likely it is.  Both sides are equally to blame about 'lack of roleplay' and I don't see how cops can sit on their high horse over RP and pretend none of them are the problem.  Punishing civs for playing the game the way it is basically setup just doesn't feel good on a server that advertises itself as a light RP server.

王 rando 王 likes this
10 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

I don't want to come off as highly anti-APD but let's be totally honest and realize that PLENTY of cops robocop, bigger the bounty the more likely it is.  Both sides are equally to blame about 'lack of roleplay' and I don't see how cops can sit on their high horse over RP and pretend none of them are the problem.  Punishing civs for playing the game the way it is basically setup just doesn't feel good on a server that advertises itself as a light RP server.

when cops get a high bounty restrained they get all knees weak arms spaghetti and try to send to jail as fast as humanly possible.

Sheriff Rick likes this
6 hours ago, Austin M said:

As a robocop wouldn’t I want you to get out of jail asap so I can send you again? I just offered an alternative, because truthfully I don’t care one way or the either. 

Also who are you? @Sheriff RickI haven’t see you around in a while.

It's a first to see a cop trying the whole who are you thing lmfao

Good Lub likes this
On 6/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, Sheriff Rick said:

Same can be said if the jail times are long.  When they were 45 minutes, it sucked when you tried RPing with a cop for 15 - 30 minutes and didn't get a pardon.  I remember always thinking that it would've just been smarter to start my sentence than waste my time explaining my charges.  With the current system, it's optional and doesn't feel nearly as bad if your time got wasted.  

Increasing from a 30min max is going to be a hard no