RDM protection/Physical button in the phone that sends an engagement message.

This topic has the potential to be a really good Idea as long as it don't get shut down the second someone doesn't like it. Or If it is even doable in the coding world. 

Proper engagement is one of the most important aspects when it comes to pvp in Asylum. Especially when trying to prevent RDM. Now, most people just use in-game voice chat. This can be just fine, unless the person being engaged for some reason does not hear them. However, that is not the only thing that matters; proper engagement time is of equal importance. I have been in many situations that someone has downed/shot me no sooner then they started to speak. I feel as though this must change.

Now, I think that there should be RDM protection. Almost like passive mode; being able to die if you get in a wreck / Fall from great a height. In addition to this I also think there should be an option with a drop down menu in the phone that has pre-written/custom engagement messages. Sending one to the selected player will start an RDM protection removal timer of 5 to 6 seconds. It will also allow them to comply or deny engagement requests using the numberpad/number row. If they accept the RDM protection will stick until the timer runs out. If they deny, then it will be removed upon denial. Regardless if they respond, the RDM protection will be removed for 5 minuets. Under the condition that someone has not sent an engagement message when they try to shoot/down someone, they will be asked if they wish to engage said player. Responding "yes" will take them to their phone to select a pre-written/custom engagement message. Responding "no" will just remove the popup. I also think that there should be an option in this menu that allows a player to engage an area that they select on the map up to a certain radius. After 5 minuets any engagement will end. Resulting in the RDM protection turning back on for the player/players. (Sending an engagement MSG will be a requirement.)  

KOS zones will remove RDM protection. Being withing a certain radius of an active federal event or prison brake will also remove RDM protection.

This is just a suggestion, please feel free to recommend better Ideas to incorporate and improve this idea. 

Edited by Gamer4LifeHQ
2 hours ago, Donald said:

so you're essentially in God mode unless someone sends you an engagement message? 

If you take fall damage and die in your own crashes in god mode then yes? Not really sure how you stop people from RDMing unless they simply just can't. I don't even know if it is possible. I know that there is a passive mode for new people. Though, I don't know if they can die. I do feel as though it can be done. It just would take some coding and time.  

7 hours ago, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

This topic has the potential to be a really good Idea as long as it don't get shut down the second someone doesn't like it. Or If it is even doable in the coding world. 

Proper engagement is one of the most important aspects when it comes to pvp in Asylum. Especially when trying to prevent RDM. Now, most people just use in-game voice chat. This can be just fine, unless the person being engaged for some reason does not hear them. However, that is not the only thing that matters; proper engagement time is of equal importance. I have been in many situations that someone has downed/shot me no sooner then they started to speak. I feel as though this must change.

Now, I think that there should be RDM protection. Almost like passive mode; being able to die if you get in a wreck / Fall from great a height. In addition to this I also think there should be an option with a drop down menu in the phone that has pre-written/custom engagement messages. Sending one to the selected player will start an RDM protection removal timer of 5 to 6 seconds. It will also allow them to comply or deny engagement requests using the numberpad/number row. If they accept the RDM protection will stick until the timer runs out. If they deny, then it will be removed upon denial. Under the condition that someone has not sent an engagement message when they try to shoot/down someone, they will be asked if they wish to engage said player. Responding "yes" will take them to their phone to select a pre-written/custom engagement message. Responding "no" will just remove the popup. I also think that there should be an option in this menu that allows a player to engage an area that they select on the map up to a certain radius. After 5 minuets any engagement will end. Resulting in the RDM protection turning back on for the player/players. (Sending an engagement MSG will be a requirement.)  

KOS zones will remove RDM protection. Being withing a certain radius of an active federal event or prison brake will also remove RDM protection.

This is just a suggestion, please feel free to recommend better Ideas to incorporate and improve this idea. 

For once… I agree with @Defragments

7 hours ago, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

Now, I think that there should be RDM protection. Almost like passive mode; being able to die if you get in a wreck / Fall from great a height. In addition to this I also think there should be an option with a drop down menu in the phone that has pre-written/custom engagement messages. Sending one to the selected player will start an RDM protection removal timer of 5 to 6 seconds. It will also allow them to comply or deny engagement requests using the numberpad/number row. If they accept the RDM protection will stick until the timer runs out. If they deny, then it will be removed upon denial. Under the condition that someone has not sent an engagement message when they try to shoot/down someone, they will be asked if they wish to engage said player. Responding "yes" will take them to their phone to select a pre-written/custom engagement message. Responding "no" will just remove the popup. I also think that there should be an option in this menu that allows a player to engage an area that they select on the map up to a certain radius. After 5 minuets any engagement will end. Resulting in the RDM protection turning back on for the player/players. (Sending an engagement MSG will be a requirement.)  

I don’t think you understand how retarded this sounds and how hard it would be to do considering gang/group initiation, admin events, fed events, etc. 

top 10 most brain dead suggestion I’ve ever read. 

Donald, DaPurk and Defragments like this
2 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

For once… I agree with @Defragments

I don’t think you understand how retarded this sounds and how hard it would be to do considering gang/group initiation, admin events, fed events, etc. 

top 10 most brain dead suggestion I’ve ever read. 

not even including voice initiation that is the primary form for at least 1 faction 

Donald and DaPurk like this

By the time anyone gets through any prompt the person they want to engage on is gone or not in a good position anymore for the 'easy kill'. Also, you're basing your idea off the assumption that people can follow directions and aren't idiots.

13 hours ago, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

This topic has the potential to be a really good Idea as long as it don't get shut down the second someone doesn't like it.

I honestly think you need to be banned from the suggestions forum for your own good

13 hours ago, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

It will also allow them to comply or deny engagement requests using the numberpad/number row.

😂😂😂

Edited by Michael L
8 hours ago, Michael L said:

I honestly think you need to be banned from the suggestions forum for your own good

😂😂😂

Someday my one brain cell will come up with something good I guess. Sometimes I hope things can change. Only to find out people like it the way it is. Or it is just to hard to fix what is broken. I won't stop trying to find something good to bring to the table. Asylum has more to offer then just getting RDMed, robbed, or being kidnapped to have your organs harvested. Asylum is an RP server with sadly not a whole lot of RP on the civilian side.. Sure there are people who do RP but, it should be everyone. That was what the server was made for. Now its just a mass of shoot shoot bullet gun pow ka pow. I am not sure why I am the only one that sees an issue with that. If I am not then why is nothing being done to stop the issues in its tracks. So what if we lose some people in the processes, those who stay are the true Asylum community.

I’ve said it once and I’ll keep saying it - this is CLEAR PROOF the cry baby liberals are attempting to take over this server. What you are suggesting is basically God mode unless someone wants to kill you. Even then your still invincible because you need to accept/deny. This is Asylum I should be able to walk up to whoever I want, call them a faggot and then whip out a rook and start blasting even if I don’t properly engage. If your afraid of being killed/rdmed then you shouldn’t be playing this

38 minutes ago, bread_ said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll keep saying it - this is CLEAR PROOF the cry baby liberals are attempting to take over this server. What you are suggesting is basically God mode unless someone wants to kill you. Even then your still invincible because you need to accept/deny. This is Asylum I should be able to walk up to whoever I want, call them a faggot and then whip out a rook and start blasting even if I don’t properly engage. If your afraid of being killed/rdmed then you shouldn’t be playing this

No, you misunderstand it. No mater if you accept or deny your RDM protection will be removed after the 5 or 6 seconds. All it does is let the person know that they are complying. You don't even have to respond to the message pop up.

Asylum was better then that at one point. Now it is full of people who think that what your stating is Okay. You can't just walk up and shoot someone bc you feel like it (RDM). Or call them names(harassment) , go read the rules.

P.s Not sure how liberals or any other political party has to do with a game server or this topic. Please keep those conversations off this forum. 

Edited by Gamer4LifeHQ
13 hours ago, Raza said:

By the time anyone gets through any prompt the person they want to engage on is gone or not in a good position anymore for the 'easy kill'. Also, you're basing your idea off the assumption that people can follow directions and aren't idiots.

Well I would hope people aren't idiots but sadly most people are. That is what we have RDM issues. Granted I see your point, but if you can't send the other player a request the its not the appropriate time. Sometimes its not about easy kills. Its about RPing your engagement. You should know that to some degree. You have been on the forums since 2015.     

17 hours ago, Defragments said:

Stop making suggestions

Just ignore them if you don't like them. That is why it is called a suggestion. 

23 hours ago, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

If you take fall damage and die in your own crashes in god mode then yes? Not really sure how you stop people from RDMing unless they simply just can't. I don't even know if it is possible. I know that there is a passive mode for new people. Though, I don't know if they can die. I do feel as though it can be done. It just would take some coding and time.  

perfect. so lets just remove the whole aspect of initiating via voice and turn it into Gmod Dark RP. This is the dumbest suggestion I have ever read lol

Gagss likes this
On 6/3/2023 at 2:24 PM, Gamer4LifeHQ said:

I feel like you don't really understand the purpose of this forum.
This is the place for final yes/no from the Devs. It's a direct line of communication. 

if you're looking to have a discussion/garner feedback for an idea i suggest you use https://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/22-altis-life-discussion/

We want fully developed idea's that we can begin work on immediately. Obviously we don't expect you guys to know exactly how to code it and concessions will be made. But having a massive hole where we just forget about voice initiation means this idea is going to get instantly shut down.

Ultimately Record, Report. get compensated. Yes it sucks and RDM is an issue. But unless arma 3 supports some sort of AI that can magically analyze every interaction and take into account our hyper specific rules. We will always need skilled and experienced admins to review the evidence and deal with the issue.

I think the previous comments cover anything else i could say. 

Donald, Mayhem, Witz and 4 others like this