Fed event balancing changes

Fed events are either done by a group that heavily outnumbers the cops where in order for the cops to win they need to pull multiple pieces of armor and even then have a hard time winning because they go against 10+ people with better gear and explosives. But there is also the other side of the spectrum where a small group or gang tries to do a fed event and they get slammed due to the fact that the cops have the ability to pull as much armor as they want.  I think the real discussion needs to be about when the police are allowed to use certain things. The thing that needs to change is APD policy and a bit of development. 

I also know people will call me a career cop because they dont use their brain but as someone who prefers to play civ and just enjoys cop to fight fed events it is much more common to lose fed events as a cop if the numbers are even or you are outnumbered. the only time I see people crying is when they try to rob the bank with 3-4 people against 7-8 cops. It is gonna be hard to win that and you arent meant to win that. fed events are meant to be robbed my a semi-large group not a handful of people against a decent group of cops that are REQUIRED to go to the event. 

Development Suggestion: When a fed event is started have a message (like the swat one) that tells the APD how many people are in the group that started the event

APD Policy Change: Have a ratio of officers required to go if the group of people is smaller Ex: 4 Robbers 4 Cops are required to go with a Max of 6. (Could be called the +2 rule) Higherups get first dibs to who goes (This means that if a corporal wants to go and so do constables the corporal gets to go) and this will also incentivize wanting to get promoted in the APD. This ratio can be applied to just smaller fed events to start to see how it fits in (Gas marts, Banks, Jewelry, Shipping, whatever the higherups and devs see as balanced) 

Server Rule change: Starting a fed event and then adding more people to your group after can be punishable UNLESS you notify the APD with a 911 text of x amount of people have been added to the group. 

Edited by Chris Peacock

How does this work for the people that have the experience and just want a better fight? You me and bherky will go and fight 9 cops with the 3 of us just because we want a challenge. I'm gonna be honest, I have 3x the amount of hours on civ then I do on cop and I was an Lt in the past. Fed events aren't being won now because the people doing them haven't played in a while or are new. Ifrits and Mks have nothing to do with it, I've won and lost plenty of fed events on both sides throughout the years and it always ends up being a skill issue or a leadership issue. Crimson alone has done 3 feds in the past 3 weeks and won all 3 of them... Now if we were to add the ratio to ONLY the Hugo's and Ivan's I would be ok with that seeing as its MEANT for newer groups and shouldn't be slammed by the entire APD. 

Surely 1 Ifrit per higher up PER LIFE has absolutely nothing to do with why civ groups are losing feds to cops. I'd love to set up an NMD with us as cops versus yall with in the position of the civ. I already know what the outcome would be but just to prove a point. How hard it is to pull into the fed with 3 Ifrits and triple drop + smoke a tower, bum rush up and take the entire section of the fed that tower is governed by? (ITS NOT AT ALL) Not to mention you have vans drop on the other side of the wall and every mass jumps over to aid in the cop frit drop and there is 2-3 jump spots in the fed. Not to mention east gate tower has been removed and can literally be rammed through with multiple police Ifrits to gain entry relatively easily compared to all the other entrances. 

Guess I have to just GRIND MONEY for RPGs!!! Spend 200k to destroy your 80k cop frit even when there is 6 more of them on the way. This makes a ton of sense. If all of the people who influence the change on APD policy are all mostly career cops and there is no communal influence on the balance of cops vs. civs, how will you ever know the effect of the policy? @Fried Riceand @DarkKnighttalk about when they do feds and it is successful but that's is probably because them and all the other higher ups in their gang aren't mass pulling frits and pushing them.

At this point, I understand who the people are making the changes and nothing is gonna change due to the massive conflict of interest. It's like a government body making all the rules for themselves. Honestly the whole thing is a joke and eventually it will just be the career cops that switch to civ to do events like this because they are pointless in the current state. The Federal Reserve can be a map decoration until the career cops switch to civ and get bored. 

17 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

How hard it is to pull into the fed with 3 Ifrits and triple drop + smoke a tower, bum rush up and take the entire section of the fed that tower is governed by?

Come apply and ill give you a frit and you can see for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Not applying to that dogshit, wouldn't waste a keystroke doing that. I've driven plenty of Ifrits over the last 8-9 years and I promise you, if we pushed a fed as the APD you would never make it out. 

Then i dont think you can say that someone would never make it out, if you change your mind, we'd love to have you.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Not applying to that dogshit, wouldn't waste a keystroke doing that. I've driven plenty of Ifrits over the last 8-9 years and I promise you, if we pushed a fed as the APD you would never make it out. 

I have over 1100 gold bars sold on my account. I promise even with APD Frits they aren’t op. Fed events are easily more civ sided if u have appropriate numbers

58 minutes ago, zdeat said:

I just want to go one day without someone trying to nerf the apd bro...

It’s not really a nerf. 4v6 in apd favor is more than balanced and a lot of the time the cops will win that

1 hour ago, Fried Rice said:

How does this work for the people that have the experience and just want a better fight? You me and bherky will go and fight 9 cops with the 3 of us just because we want a challenge. I'm gonna be honest, I have 3x the amount of hours on civ then I do on cop and I was an Lt in the past. Fed events aren't being won now because the people doing them haven't played in a while or are new. Ifrits and Mks have nothing to do with it, I've won and lost plenty of fed events on both sides throughout the years and it always ends up being a skill issue or a leadership issue. Crimson alone has done 3 feds in the past 3 weeks and won all 3 of them... Now if we were to add the ratio to ONLY the Hugo's and Ivan's I would be ok with that seeing as it’s MEANT for newer groups and shouldn't be slammed by the entire APD. 

Yes. This would only be added to low tier fed events. Bank probably included just because of how bank doesn’t really need loaded. It’s a low tier fed event

Edited by Chris Peacock
Just now, Chris Peacock said:

It’s not really a nerf. 4v6 in apd favor is more than balanced and a lot of the time the cops will win that

Sure, but its never going to be a 4v6, i cant tell you the last time that we had a 5v5 6v6 8v8 [ Even matchup ] in an event. Its LITERALLY rebels have 2x more numbers than cops.

1 minute ago, zdeat said:

Sure, but its never going to be a 4v6, i cant tell you the last time that we had a 5v5 6v6 8v8 [ Even matchup ] in an event. Its LITERALLY rebels have 2x more numbers than cops.

Then bring all you can. This suggestion is purely for smaller groups that want to try fed events. 

If the civs outnumber you all the cops will be required to go just like they do rn. I’m saying that if the group of civs is low match them +2 at most

@Chris Peacock @zdeat It will always be the same people defending the APD and any increase in power they make. What happens when none of the civilian gangs want anything to do with these events? What ever will you guys do? Servers make changes and it will always have an effect on the population, if a "team" of higher ups/admins/community managers doesn't seriously consider the majority of a community's opinion on anything in the server then population will be adversely affected. We have seen the changes Asylum has made in the past 1-1.5 years and I think we all know things haven't been for the better. We can all live in fantasy until everything is all said and done. 

Frustrations with imbalances like these and the overall state of the community management will grow and the population will continue to dissolve like it has been. @Roice& @skimancolesummed a lot of it up in previous posts in other threads. At this point, I don't give a shit what happens 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Chester GoldPenis
19 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

@Chris Peacock @zdeat It will always be the same people defending the APD and any increase in power they make. What happens when none of the civilian gangs want anything to do with these events? What ever will you guys do? Servers make changes and it will always have an effect on the population, if a "team" of higher ups/admins/community managers doesn't seriously consider the majority of a community's opinion on anything in the server then population will be adversely affected. We have seen the changes Asylum has made in the past 1-1.5 years and I think we all know things haven't been for the better. We can all live in fantasy until everything is all said and done. 

Frustrations with imbalances like these and the overall state of the community management will grow and the population will continue to dissolve like it has been. @Roice& @skimancolesummed a lot of it up in previous posts in other threads. At this point, I don't give a shit what happens 🤷‍♂️

I play more civ than cop and win events on civ 80% of the time with even numbers or even sometimes less. I hate to say it but sometimes it’s a skill issue and it’s okay for the APD to win. It’s not unbalanced and I’m trying to make a post to make it more balanced for the lower groups but ur too focused on just complaining instead of reading what I posted

11 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

I play more civ than cop and win events on civ 80% of the time with even numbers or even sometimes less. I hate to say it but sometimes it’s a skill issue and it’s okay for the APD to win. It’s not unbalanced and I’m trying to make a post to make it more balanced for the lower groups but ur too focused on just complaining instead of reading what I posted

Bring your shit gang to a fight a cartel and we'll see the skill differential. 

Edited by Chester GoldPenis
15 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Bring your shit gang to a fight a cartel and we'll see the skill differential. 

We slam stellar on cap all the time. I 1v3’d u guys like 3 weeks ago. Cartels are boring. U guys sat star and vendor all day and wouldn’t slam until u got a pick 

2 hours ago, Fried Rice said:

How does this work for the people that have the experience and just want a better fight? You me and bherky will go and fight 9 cops with the 3 of us just because we want a challenge. I'm gonna be honest, I have 3x the amount of hours on civ then I do on cop and I was an Lt in the past. Fed events aren't being won now because the people doing them haven't played in a while or are new. Ifrits and Mks have nothing to do with it, I've won and lost plenty of fed events on both sides throughout the years and it always ends up being a skill issue or a leadership issue. Crimson alone has done 3 feds in the past 3 weeks and won all 3 of them... Now if we were to add the ratio to ONLY the Hugo's and Ivan's I would be ok with that seeing as its MEANT for newer groups and shouldn't be slammed by the entire APD. 

8556ef45faad6f72acf67285ed0be0bf.png

46e9b5978b2e24bc4a03a8174dd3013d.png

Crimson won 3 feds? I'd be curious to see the APD numbers vs yours and what ranks were on.

3 hours ago, Batcan said:

8556ef45faad6f72acf67285ed0be0bf.png

46e9b5978b2e24bc4a03a8174dd3013d.png

Crimson won 3 feds? I'd be curious to see the APD numbers vs yours and what ranks were on.

I cant recall the exact number of cops or the who was online but I will say half the people in crimson refuse to fight if they outnumber the other side. Also Im a bit upset I wasn't included in this picture.

Repto likes this

From a development standpoint, there isn't a whole lot here for us to do.  Any tiered responses will have to come from the APD.  But as many people said above it is very difficult to tell whether your playing against 4 unknown guys or 4 kavala rats with rooks. 

• Fitz locked this topic