Why are gangs disbanding

Buck

27 minutes ago, jonah1045 said:

This is a terrible way to look at things as an administrator, If a lot of your community wants something changed and you decide that everything is perfect and just ignore everyone's suggestions then this server will die.

True you got a point

I still think the servers fun and if u seen how much the server has grown since i joined you would want to see how it continues, I think gang life is slowly faiding but  thats because there isnt enough things for gangs compared to being a lone wolf atm yes you can cap cartels but only bigger gangs would dare to i rarely see smaller newer gangs cap the bigger cartels, but i belive with due time the server will get more developed and gang life will be back.

On 3/21/2016 at 10:53 AM, OLL13 said:

I've been playing Olympus over the last couple of days and it just reminds me of the old Asylum, doing meth runs in my Orca and getting 400k. If it was Asylum i would of got 40k, it's just more satisfying earning large amounts of money, for me anyway. Plus I've been rocking the CSAT Pilot Coveralls and capping cartels. Owning the cartels for 2 hours on Olympus funded me a couple of load outs. When they were being taken i had an incentive to go and defend them as they were providing me an income. Asylum's mission file is so much more advanced than Olympus's, but it's the simple things that make Altis Life fun for me ya know.

amen

Gubber Flexx, Feenix and Buck like this

It's really not complicated.  The percentage cut from Arms mechanic before was fine.  The percentage it gave was not.  If it's giving out too much money, adjust the percentage to a lower amount.  Don't complicate things when you have a system in place already that does the job just fine.  Anyone in a big gangs knows how great it was to have arms the entire time you are fighting other people.

Cartel locations need to have some sort of cycle to them.  The only 2 cartel locations that everyone can agree are the best are Original Arms and Original Meth.  No one wants to see west Coke Cartel or East Arms ever again.  They are just bad, really bad.  Test new locations with people who fight.  We can sit here and go back and forth on what the best locations are.  The only way to decide if they are worth a shit or not is to actually fight competent people there.  Put a location in, let people fight over it for a month, and then decide if it's worth keeping.  If a majority are in favor, you keep it.  If a majority don't care for it, get rid of it and try more.  I bet you could muster up some interest in many gangs for help here.  Once you have enough locations, you can cycle them in and out every few months to keep things interesting. 

But hey, what do I know?  I've only fought for cartels in big gangs since the beginning...

Addon, Olivia, Jonah and 12 others like this
57 minutes ago, DaQuan said:

It's really not complicated.  The percentage cut from Arms mechanic before was fine.  The percentage it gave was not.  If it's giving out too much money, adjust the percentage to a lower amount.  Don't complicate things when you have a system in place already that does the job just fine.  Anyone in a big gangs knows how great it was to have arms the entire time you are fighting other people.

Cartel locations need to have some sort of cycle to them.  The only 2 cartel locations that everyone can agree are the best are Original Arms and Original Meth.  No one wants to see west Coke Cartel or East Arms ever again.  They are just bad, really bad.  Test new locations with people who fight.  We can sit here and go back and forth on what the best locations are.  The only way to decide if they are worth a shit or not is to actually fight competent people there.  Put a location in, let people fight over it for a month, and then decide if it's worth keeping.  If a majority are in favor, you keep it.  If a majority don't care for it, get rid of it and try more.  I bet you could muster up some interest in many gangs for help here.  Once you have enough locations, you can cycle them in and out every few months to keep things interesting. 

But hey, what do I know?  I've only fought for cartels in big gangs since the beginning...

Everything he said ^^^

Steve likes this
1 hour ago, DaQuan said:

Well said man.

6 hours ago, DaQuan said:

I agree 100% but atm it's not working out the best because people dont want to fight because it's too expensive for for little reward. Imo turfs are too rewarding for what the fight turns out to be it always ends up a gang that has house there full of rooks sit in buildings and random spots to watch flag yet it goves you a huge discount if you own 2. Since cartels are meant to be the bigger better fights shouldnt they be more rewarding? That is why no one is really fighting these new locations because believe me if the cartel gave a good enough reward people fought east arms just to be suicide vested.

Buck and Steve like this
9 hours ago, DaQuan said:

19 hours ago, DaQuan said:

Exactly this. Speak to Gang Leaders, make a change, and then make a community vote after a week or two. If in favour of yes, you keep it, if no, you remove it.

Oh and Eden Editor. Please use this, its so easy. You can build/ modify so many fun locations to fight. I might actually dip into this and come up with something.

Olivia likes this
18 minutes ago, Quenton said:

So your answer is to leave the server. It's w/e I don't think they will listen to what anyone wants anyway. I'll prolly go join @OLL13 and try out Olympus

The answer to you, someone who wants to do nothing but kill people it to yes leave the server. You clearly do not want to play a life mod if all you want is FREE money to do nothing but KILL people.  

Edited by HotWings
3 hours ago, HotWings said:

The answer to you, someone who wants to do nothing but kill people it to yes leave the server. You clearly do not want to play a life mod if all you want is FREE money to do nothing but KILL people.  

There was a rebel base for people to go get big guns to kill people, we are not saying we want free gear. I'll be on cop and I will die and I'll be like shit there goes 5k no big deal. Then I'll go play civ and I'll die or get caught by the cops and it's like fuck I lost 20k-25k. There is a big difference from the load out cost. So people that play cop 24/7 have no idea what us rebels that fight 24/7 are going through. 

Quenton likes this
1 minute ago, Veizuh said:

There was a rebel base for people to go get big guns to kill people, we are not saying we want free gear. I'll be on cop and I will die and I'll be like shit there goes 5k no big deal. Then I'll go play civ and I'll die or get caught by the cops and it's like fuck I lost 20k-25k. There is a big difference from the load out cost. So people that play cop 24/7 have no idea what us rebels that fight 24/7 are going through. 

K, what does that have to do with him wanted unlimited free money?

On 3/21/2016 at 8:40 PM, Sugarfoot said:

Eithor A or B here

A: Reduce rebel loadouts - people will fight more, and be less prone to playing sniper elite if its not as expensive.

Give cops saved loadouts again. Its not that OP, it will even out with our reduced cost.

Reduce cost of hellcats / hummingbirds for cops, orca's for cops / rebels, and cost of ifrits for rebels. 50 cals should be expensive due to the nature of what its worth. An ifrit is primarily smoke and transportation which can easily be counter halted. This would cause more hot drops from cops without worry , and more exciting cartel fights without worry of the 1/5 of your total money being blown.

B: Change the group cap so civs have a chance to even the playing field with the infinite lives of cops and the sheer number they have. If this is not feasable

then set a group cap for the cops OR a Life limit - 2 lives per event , 1 life per rebel raid / drug bust (excluding defibs and/or Air Patrol Scouting). With that being said I understand there will be eithor a need for more cops to counter the size of the rebels, I would recommend increasing payout percentages with more cops on so they can still make money while fighting  a more even battle.

The whole money cap idea :  The  increased money cap would be nice, but as it is making money is a bitch unless your a career cop or you sit on civ just farming and not spending. It wont change a thing if were actually having fun and spending all that money anyways

Truth has been said!!! This would be the most amazing update ever on asylum, or if Paratus said he got another dev to help with bugs

Steve and Le Razoir like this
6 minutes ago, Steve said:

To be fair it isn't free. You still got to invest time into it.

:fail: So because it took a gang 20 minutes to cap a cartel because they take it from gangs when no-one is on they should be rewarded with hundreds of thousands in the few hours they hold the cartels? Pre 6.0 I took arms as a single person gang because why not? In 45 minutes before my friends who were in the gang who normally held it got on I made like 80k, that's way too much.  No one is arguing that things don't need to be adjusted, but giving away money like its bambi clothes is not the answer either.  The problem in and of itself is rebels do not think they should have to grind for money and you can see that sentiment in post after post save Bik, Jer, and occasionally Sean.  

Rebel loadouts should be reduced by about 20%, but ultimately the weapons themselves should be more expensive than cop gear because is a 762 and cop gear is 6.5 which everyone seems to forget when they whine about prices. and make cartels a bit more profitable but not 6.0 profitable.  

1 Rebel loadout cost 20 to 25k, you lost 3 or 4 a day.

1 cop Load out cost 7 (flashback as and smokes included) you lost them 15 to 20 times a day.

All I'm going to say 

Yes,  making money is hard but if you don't want to lose the money you erned with hard work go and get some SDAR or Rooks and you will be getting back the amount of money you spend from your paychecks.

Edited by TwinCities
4 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

1 cop Load out cost 7 (flashback as and smokes included) you lost them 15 to 20 times a day.

All I'm going to say 

Yes but, you make money with them. You lethal a 150k bounty and there is 10 cops on you just nade like 11.something k + the other 10-100k bounties u just make money with ur gun

35 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

All I'm going to say 

Yes,  making money is hard but if you don't want to lose the money you erned with hard work go and get some SDAR or Rooks and you will be getting back the amount of money you spend from your paychecks.

what are you buying on cop lol, when I buy load outs on cop its about 400 dollars for my scope and another 200 for a few lethal mags.