Pre-6.0

Rebel Load outs 150k-300k

8 - 9 m in the bank at all times

6.0+

Rebel Loadouts 15k-30k

800-900k in the bank

:kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:

Looks like they just removed a 0.....

It's rare to find 800-900k in the bank. The most I've ever seen was 200k.

4 hours ago, CrossFade said:

even without that, i had a mate get pulled over for being offroad when he was *driving straight* to his shed THAT IS located offroad haha... box truck searched, full of new make scotch R.I.P *he had a good reason but they searched it anyways then charged him with it... i mean cops are so fucking money hungry these days.... 

you do realize that its a cop rule to Charge people with the crime right.

The cop is not doing it to be money hungry, they are doing it to prevent themselves from getting an IA report issued. 

GRANTED, cops do take things too far A LOT of the times. too many resapwns... too much salt... you die 10 times, dont come back

Reavantos, Buck and Olivia like this
4 hours ago, Mc Duushe said:

And now for a Mc Duushe Moment

Pre-6.0

Rebel Load outs 150k-300k

8 - 9 m in the bank at all times

6.0+

Rebel Loadouts 15k-30k

800-900k in the bank

:kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa::kappa:

Looks like they just removed a 0.....

Except the fact that rebel loadouts with a katiba were 100k and 7.62 loadouts were 120k old money.  Generally loadouts are around 20k or higher depending on demand and taxes.  There is no comparison, pre-6.0 gear was much cheaper which made people want to go and fight cartels, then of course cartels suck now as well.

Kalier likes this

There's countless reasons to why gangs disband. Gang leaders usually give up because they aren't prepared to lead  or they just expect the gang to immediately blow up and have complete control of Asylum within its first weeks. I've seen and have been in countless small gangs that start up and disappear days afterwards. Lack of gang activities and boredom are also pretty common reasons to why gangs disband.

1 hour ago, Noobious said:

Imo, I really think we should bring back pre 6.0 with a few things we have now. Pre 6.0 was so fun. Now Asylum gets boring because groups are capped to 10. Cops dont give a shit about their lives. Money cap. Everything is just ugh..... BRING BACK PRE 6.0

Because cops gave a shit about their lives pre 6.0? 

This is called the Nostalgia Effect. You believe the past was way better than the present.

Yes while some features and game play style has changed over the years Asylum has been out and there are times I really, really miss the "old" Asylum, I chalk a lot of that up to the Nostalgia Effect.

Let me explain. When you started playing on the servers whether it was over 2 years ago or 6 months ago, everything was new and exciting. You remember the first time you bought a house, or the first time you did a drug run, or the first time you got caught by the cops, etc. Over time you began to realize you have done everything in the game you can do. Countless cartel and prison fights as rebels. Countless drug runs. The 100+ times you've heard the same tired RP from a rebel/civ while playing cop. You start getting bored. Frustrated that each time you log in to the servers you are chasing that same feeling you used to get when you started playing however long ago and keep coming up short. 

At the end of the day, you can't blame the feature changes from patches. Reverting the game to pre 6.0 or hell even pre-talents isn't going to somehow revitalize the game for you. It is just a game after all, people will come and go. All you can do is enjoy the friendships you've made here and the amazing people you've met here and enjoy the game for what it is. How often does a gaming community come around where people have been playing for 2+ years and are still this passionate about it?    

sah, Dork, Deadly and 16 others like this

No incentitive to fight cops and cartels for no reward.

This is not directed towards anyone.

Honestly, This has come up way too much. 

No reward, so fuck this game. grow up and stop whining like a fucking 4 year old.

Why does everyone feel the need to be rewarded for anything they do? were you neglected so much as an adolescent that you need acceptance from a video game? 

Play the game to play, not so that you can get little fake rewards and boost your self esteem. 

People come and go, and if you dont like it anymore, you may need to find another server or a new game completely..

I still enjoy hitting the PB out numbered with a 1-5 ratio of players but that doesn't stop me from doing it and having fun.

Imo it's not that much a lack of things to do or fight for (if bug gangs didn't have the will to fight they wouldn't  sit for 1 hour on a bank waiting for copa to come back or a PB, that's the real reason rebels don't do Feds, ) it's just that you don't want to work again for your gear. So you don't want it to get lost, this leads into when you have a speeding ticket and a Cop pulls you you turn around an shoot which leads into madness, seize and you lost everything then (most of the times) you go salty cause you lost your gear and then this leads into a low or no RP from cops. 

Also, I really don't think it's that hard to do money. Go and make an off road and back pack of heroine you will get about 17k. Yes it will take a couple runs but you will make money. IRL you don't get paid millions just for doing nothing. Yes, there's is a risk of losing it by cops or other players. 90% of the times I have gone into a ilegal area I find no one. Just don't try to. Run ilegal things when you are wanted and there should be no reason for cops to pull you over. Its not hard, it's time consuming, just like in real life, you work hard you get money, you don't, well, then you just make enough 

10 hours ago, HotWings said:

I keep seeing "no incentive to fight cops" what exactly should one gain from killing cops, other than their freedom?  

That statement really reminds me of old DayZ. The cops are the zombies. When you first started playing you didn't really have anything. You would sneak around Cherno or Electro scared to death you would agro a few zombies with nothing to kill them expect with a hatchet or a shitty Makarov. Once you got deep in the game and became an experienced vet you began to not fear zombies at all. In fact you found them to be annoying little pests that would just bug the shit out of you while you are trying to snipe some guy 800 meters away at the NW Airfield with your M107. 

Just like the zombies, when you first started playing Asylum you actually feared getting caught by the cops. Now you just see them as annoying pests that bug the shit out of you. It's just the evolution of players in DayZ and Asylum, imo. 

Reavantos, Olivia, Glock 40 and 2 others like this

10 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

That statement really reminds me of old DayZ. The cops are the zombies. When you first started playing you didn't really have anything. You would sneak around Cherno or Electro scared to death you would agro a few zombies with nothing to kill them expect with a hatchet or a shitty Makarov. Once you got deep in the game and became an experienced vet you began to not fear zombies at all. In fact you found them to be annoying little pests that would just bug the shit out of you while you are trying to snipe some guy 800 meters away at the NW Airfield with your M107. 

Just like the zombies, when you first started playing Asylum you actually feared getting caught by the cops. Now you just see them as annoying pests that bug the shit out of you. It's just the evolution of players in DayZ and Asylum, imo. 

so true. so true.

gangs fight cartels

cartels are not as fun as what they were

cartels are boring

gangs don't like boring cartels

gangs don't fight if cartels are boring

gangs not fighting = gang inactivity

gang inactivity = gangs disbanding

s6 brought it back a bit

we playing on 3 more now but its still kinda boring

hope this new cartel will be fun not aids like arms on s6

Feenix and C h u r c h like this
38 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

you do realize that its a cop rule to Charge people with the crime right.

The cop is not doing it to be money hungry, they are doing it to prevent themselves from getting an IA report issued. 

GRANTED, cops do take things too far A LOT of the times. too many resapwns... too much salt... you die 10 times, dont come back

no :) actually ur wrong... IF THEY HAVE A GOOD REASON THEY ARE NOT TO BE SEARCHED AND CHARGED :) Have a good day

HotWings likes this

Simple. The game isn't changing very fast and many of the good players have played too much. I've personally been enjoying Server 6, but for those who don't, there's not much new to see or do here. There are, at least from what I hear all over the gang scene, better servers for constant gang fighting these days, where they develop the server with gang fights in mind. Asylum obviously hasn't gone that route, which is still fine with me if other updates happen. Just not fine with everyone else it seems. 

As far as the "nostalgia" effect, yeah I think that's got a bit of a factor in the "bring back pre-6.0" thing, but in all honesty, old Asylum was better. And it's return to that same level of fun has been shaky as all hell. Just how it goes. Rest in paprika. 

Feenix and Professor Pericles like this
10 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

that is a fucking beautiful and 100 correct analogy.. (still play a2 overpoch..love it)

I think its a case of the focus on asylum shifting to encompass more variety. its use to be the cops vs. rebels as the main focus. but with so much added, that seems to be not the case anymore. which has both positive (new players joining and doing other things) as well as negative (less epic fights, less reasons for big gangs to stick around, veterans of server getting bored).

it really is a double edged sword. do i agree with all the changes? No, do i sometimes feel like their is a wiff of arrogance in asylum development that reads like "whatever we do, they will eat up and continue to donate"   yup...

But that being said. i do think the positives outweigh the negatives...but just barely. I think some real community interaction is required and a actual development plan made.

and yes inb4 "owner does what owner wants, his servers" 

Chapo likes this
13 hours ago, dev said:

shit cartels

shit locations for cartels

shit fps

shit modded server

shit incentives to fight

shit mood

shit content

shit lag

shit money making methods all revolve around the same shitness, wait here, go here, wait a bit more, sell--> repeepepeat

shitness in general

overall shitty vibes 

i like the forums tho, great banter happening :)

real talk bro

C h u r c h and dj.devran like this

Last few cartels update were god awful(before 6.8.0) That new location is just so bad, arma mechanics don't fit well with it at all. I'm 100% nobody in the community suggested that forest location, maybe some feedback should actually be taken for once. Where the hell did all those threads about cartel location go. There was some amazing location in that thread yet everytime something new comes out it's trash tier and suggested by people that don't even play the game anymore or don't fight cartels at all(admin team).

Edited by MrSmoke
6 minutes ago, MrSmoke said:

Last few cartels update were god awful(before 6.8.0) That new location is just so bad, arma mechanics don't fit well with it at all. I'm 100% nobody in the community suggested that forest location, maybe some feedback should actually be taken for once. Where the hell did all those threads about cartel location go. There was some amazing location in that thread yet everytime something new comes out it's trash tier and suggested by people that don't even play the game anymore or don't fight cartels at all(admin team).

39fe65451d803789526b86332ab1f436.png

Crossfade, MrSmoke and Goofy like this

Well I personally disbanded my gang for a few reasons:

1) Lack of people wanting to play -

2.) Lack of content - people get bored its natural

3.) Lack of even numbers due to 1 / 2. Can't fight 15-25 cops with 3 players all the time. Its bound to fuck you over. Cant fight most cartels without vehicles or at least even numbers

4.) Gangs dont fight even when the numbers are even or at least the variables such as att / def are optional for them

Rebel Vs Cop side : The way the game currently is , not a lot of people want to fight cops who lag there brains out due to something that isn't there fault. Cops are supposed to talk in game, this causes major lag spikes i.e them running completely through a wall on your screen , or teleporting up a ladder. Its neither sides fault but it causes a shitty experience when the rebel gets salty treats the cop like shit, or on the other hand he is sitting in jail for 45 minutes because of something he had no chance against.

Rebel Life: The cost of gear is ridiculous. For me to get a load out around a reasonable price I have to hope there are low taxes, guns made, and/or arms and that still will make it maybe 15k. You can say thats not alot but lets face it, not even counting the gun, im looking at a 5k vest, 2k ghillie, 5k Y inventory(including medical), and prob 4k worth of ammo / smokes / FAK's / Scope / backpack. Before I even purchase my gun thats like 15k alone. The cheapest ive ever seen a gun is around 3.2k so minimum loadout price is 18k with an mk18. Cops can bitch and say yada yada ya it should be expensive, but you keep your load out of stuff on death minus the scope, grenade equipment, and gun. It adds up

Rebel Vs Rebel side :What happens when you go to a cartel trying to attack? You end up dying its the nature of things - you come back and get in the fight again. A few times at a minimum of 18k price you are going to be broke soon. Running meth for 70-150k with huge risk isnt worth my time. Not to mention the way the cartel caps are you almost always need an ifrit or atleast equal numbers. Chances are you will NOT have equal numbers so risking an ifrit or orca for a good position drop is costly. Why the fuck would I want to risk an ifrit which costs 100-150k for a fight that I get like 3k off my weapon price? 100-150k is minimum 1-2 hours of money making with a  hemmit hoping that no civs / cops fuck that up. Its not worth my time nor anyone else. So that leaves you with the fucking gauntlet run up a hill if you want to get a cap. GL with your 3 loadouts you will spend to get it unless you want to play sniper wars until someone makes a risky move.

Changes I would like to see :

Eithor A or B here

A: Reduce rebel loadouts - people will fight more, and be less prone to playing sniper elite if its not as expensive.

Give cops saved loadouts again. Its not that OP, it will even out with our reduced cost.

Reduce cost of hellcats / hummingbirds for cops, orca's for cops / rebels, and cost of ifrits for rebels. 50 cals should be expensive due to the nature of what its worth. An ifrit is primarily smoke and transportation which can easily be counter halted. This would cause more hot drops from cops without worry , and more exciting cartel fights without worry of the 1/5 of your total money being blown.

B: Change the group cap so civs have a chance to even the playing field with the infinite lives of cops and the sheer number they have. If this is not feasable

then set a group cap for the cops OR a Life limit - 2 lives per event , 1 life per rebel raid / drug bust (excluding defibs and/or Air Patrol Scouting). With that being said I understand there will be eithor a need for more cops to counter the size of the rebels, I would recommend increasing payout percentages with more cops on so they can still make money while fighting  a more even battle.

The whole money cap idea :  The  increased money cap would be nice, but as it is making money is a bitch unless your a career cop or you sit on civ just farming and not spending. It wont change a thing if were actually having fun and spending all that money anyways

Tiger, reid, Churu and 3 others like this
11 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Well I personally disbanded my gang for a few reasons:

1) Lack of people wanting to play -

2.) Lack of content - people get bored its natural

3.) Lack of even numbers due to 1 / 2. Can't fight 15-25 cops with 3 players all the time. Its bound to fuck you over. Cant fight most cartels without vehicles or at least even numbers

4.) Gangs dont fight even when the numbers are even or at least the variables such as att / def are optional for them

Rebel Vs Cop side : The way the game currently is , not a lot of people want to fight cops who lag there brains out due to something that isn't there fault. Cops are supposed to talk in game, this causes major lag spikes i.e them running completely through a wall on your screen , or teleporting up a ladder. Its neither sides fault but it causes a shitty experience when the rebel gets salty treats the cop like shit, or on the other hand he is sitting in jail for 45 minutes because of something he had no chance against.

Rebel Life: The cost of gear is ridiculous. For me to get a load out around a reasonable price I have to hope there are low taxes, guns made, and/or arms and that still will make it maybe 15k. You can say thats not alot but lets face it, not even counting the gun, im looking at a 5k vest, 2k ghillie, 5k Y inventory(including medical), and prob 4k worth of ammo / smokes / FAK's / Scope / backpack. Before I even purchase my gun thats like 15k alone. The cheapest ive ever seen a gun is around 3.2k so minimum loadout price is 18k with an mk18. Cops can bitch and say yada yada ya it should be expensive, but you keep your load out of stuff on death minus the scope, grenade equipment, and gun. It adds up

Rebel Vs Rebel side :What happens when you go to a cartel trying to attack? You end up dying its the nature of things - you come back and get in the fight again. A few times at a minimum of 18k price you are going to be broke soon. Running meth for 70-150k with huge risk isnt worth my time. Not to mention the way the cartel caps are you almost always need an ifrit or atleast equal numbers. Chances are you will NOT have equal numbers so risking an ifrit or orca for a good position drop is costly. Why the fuck would I want to risk an ifrit which costs 100-150k for a fight that I get like 3k off my weapon price? 100-150k is minimum 1-2 hours of money making with a  hemmit hoping that no civs / cops fuck that up. Its not worth my time nor anyone else. So that leaves you with the fucking gauntlet run up a hill if you want to get a cap. GL with your 3 loadouts you will spend to get it unless you want to play sniper wars until someone makes a risky move.

Changes I would like to see :

Eithor A or B here

A: Reduce rebel loadouts - people will fight more, and be less prone to playing sniper elite if its not as expensive.

Give cops saved loadouts again. Its not that OP, it will even out with our reduced cost.

Reduce cost of hellcats / hummingbirds for cops, orca's for cops / rebels, and cost of ifrits for rebels. 50 cals should be expensive due to the nature of what its worth. An ifrit is primarily smoke and transportation which can easily be counter halted. This would cause more hot drops from cops without worry , and more exciting cartel fights without worry of the 1/5 of your total money being blown.

B: Change the group cap so civs have a chance to even the playing field with the infinite lives of cops and the sheer number they have. If this is not feasable

then set a group cap for the cops OR a Life limit - 2 lives per event , 1 life per rebel raid / drug bust (excluding defibs and/or Air Patrol Scouting). With that being said I understand there will be eithor a need for more cops to counter the size of the rebels, I would recommend increasing payout percentages with more cops on so they can still make money while fighting  a more even battle.

The whole money cap idea :  The  increased money cap would be nice, but as it is making money is a bitch unless your a career cop or you sit on civ just farming and not spending. It wont change a thing if were actually having fun and spending all that money anyways

Some Great ideas here , Id like to see A  be brought in and alot of valid points. :)

Mike Stmria likes this
On 3/21/2016 at 0:45 PM, HotWings said:

So because people do other things we should cater to that and just give them all the things so they can properly grief those who want to play the game for other reasons?  I get that people like to fight, but there are also many more people that like to just hang out and play asylum for its features as well.  The game is not only about those who want to run around and kill everything they see with no repercussions. 

I haven't had but maybe 1 or 2 interactions with players since I started playing again last week (I have 72hrs played according to steam over the last two weeks, all of which is on a Asylum server) that didn't end in robbery or RDM. Personally I am one of those players who play for other reasons than to be a cop or rebel. I enjoy the RP, I love games like Truck sim and I found it fun to have a open world game like this where, at least to me, the goal wasn't solely to go around killing people. This doesn't happen that often since I got back however. I use to be cautious when other players were around me outside of the cities, now however 9 times out of 10 they're just going to pull a gun on me or straight up kill me even if they're in the middle of the city. 

To get to the point, rebels effected me almost zero percent. Matter of fact, rebels use to be way more forgiving and even helpful alternative cops, likely because they could afford it, and I never had a problem with a rebel holding me up for 20k~. Now I get held up by anyone for anything. The people who are the biggest pest, annoyance, disruption etc to me has never been rebels. Its always been the trolls that get $1,000 after 5mins of play, buy a rook, and run around the major cities. These are the people that use to grief me, not rebels. Now? Its everyone. Rebels use to go after these people to "keep their streets clean". Now, they want my 1K I just got from apples.

I'm not a supporter of a focus on fighting, however, the old system, in my opinion as someone who has no desire to engage in gangs or fighting in general, worked more in my favor. The problem is nobody wants to lose their gear because they cant afford it like they use to. They use to be able to go out and lose stuff, not because there was no consequence, but because they could earn enough to give them more incentive to RP because it wasn't as big of a deal if they did lose their gear. That's the problem. As many have stated in this thread, when people lose things they get very salty, and their desire to RP goes down because of whats at stake. Nobody wants to spend hours on earning gear just to lose it when some random person in the city, or cop, can cause you to lose it all with one slip up or RP engagement. Which leaves us where? People who want to fight don't because its too costly, they leave or become a small timer in cities with a 9MM robbing everyone they see in hopes they'll get to kill someone. To me that isn't Altis life, as I said above I've had very few non-hostel interactions with people, and almost all were with cops, since I started up again. Where did the RP go? 

BrutaL, Piner, FozzyBear and 6 others like this