Cops

Cop vote  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think asshole cops outweigh good cops?

• Yes, we need a fix
    • No, go away
  2. 2. Should Admins start demoting asshole cops

• Yes
    • No

As you were offroading, as @HomeTrlx said they have probable cause so they are allowed to search your vehicle. That being said, if you did offroad to avoid a vehicle that means the officer was in your vicinity and was more and likely able to see you. For what it seems here, you were the victim of something we call ''Robo-Cop''. These are cops that use the guidebook as their Bible and anally learn all the loopholes in the guidebook to twist it in their favor.

A fix to this could maybe be to enforce stricter RP rules for officers. Why? Members of the force have been whitelisted and given a priviledge, not a new way to make money. Most constables just play cop for the money. The people who are usually more RP oriented are those who are at Money Cap or those you could call ''career cops''. Now to avoid getting ''Robo-Copped'', I suggest not being toxic to the officer in question. Also, when being processed request a corporal since they tend to be nice (since they more and likely want that promotion :kappa:).

Now, I do suggest you start recording. If a certain cop does not follow the guidelines, uses foul/racist language while on duty or commits acts that does not represent the APD (including ''Robo-Copping) I suggest you fill out a report here:

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/31-officer-report/

Edited by Bersabee
Typos & Hoes
Consuela and Le Razoir like this
3 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

Also, when being processed request a corporal since they tend to be nice (since they more and likely want that promotion :kappa:).

Only when a Higher up is on.:kappa:

Nah jk thats true just request a Higher up if you feel uncomfortable with the processing officer, but make sure to have a good reason to request one ;)

Bersabee likes this
7 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

A fix to this could maybe be to enforce stricter RP rules for officers. Why? Members of the force have been whitelisted and given a priveledge,

The majority of players on Asylum are whitelisted. If you are to hold whitelisted players to a higher standard that goes for them on civ as well.

Consuela and Mike Stmria like this
1 hour ago, Bersabee said:

As you were offroading, as @HomeTrlx said they have probable cause so they are allowed to search your vehicle. That being said, if you did offroad to avoid a vehicle that means the officer was in your vicinity and was more and likely able to see you. For what it seems here, you were the victim of something we call ''Robo-Cop''. These are cops that use the guidebook as their Bible and anally learn all the loopholes in the guidebook to twist it in their favor.

A fix to this could maybe be to enforce stricter RP rules for officers. Why? Members of the force have been whitelisted and given a priviledge, not a new way to make money. Most constables just play cop for the money. The people who are usually more RP oriented are those who are at Money Cap or those you could call ''career cops''. Now to avoid getting ''Robo-Copped'', I suggest not being toxic to the officer in question. Also, when being processed request a corporal since they tend to be nice (since they more and likely want that promotion :kappa:).

Now, I do suggest you start recording. If a certain cop does not follow the guidelines, uses foul/racist language while on duty or commits acts that does not represent the APD (including ''Robo-Copping) I suggest you fill out a report here:

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/31-officer-report/

"Better RP" Can't be enforced, the community has a broad aspect of players. Not everyone is that well spoken or creative, some are but just won't do it. But there is no way you can let an Admin or LT/Captain take action because the RP wasn't good enough. 

Maybe someone wants to roleplay as an strict hardhead that doesn't care about your excuses when you slaughtered 200 people. 

Unless you got a solution to determine what RP is good enough we can't really help it. 

Record and report if it's against the server/APD rules. If it's allowed but wrong, record it too and stack the evidence. With enough you can make a point at a LT+

Edited by Midamaru
39 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

"Better RP" Can't be enforced, the community has a broad aspect of players. Not everyone is that well spoken or creative, some are but just won't do it. But there is no way you can let an Admin or LT/Captain take action because the RP wasn't good enough. 

Maybe someone wants to roleplay as an strict hardhead that doesn't care about your excuses when you slaughtered 200 people. 

Unless you got a solution to determine what RP is good enough we can't really help it. 

Record and report if it's against the server/APD rules. If it's allowed but wrong, record it too and stack the evidence. With enough you can make a point at a LT+

I apoligize, I forgot to specify what I meant when I said ''better RP''. Officers on duty need to take into consideration the RP of the other player. I've been in many situations where I roleplay 30 minutes or more with a 100k (aprox) bounty and I still end up with a full ticket. Cops who do this should not be on the force. I could of spent my time better by afking in jail. Thats my only issue with Cops, we should find a way to discourage Robo-Copping.

See the thing was though that this cop was an absolute dick head. I requested a higher up and he had already searched me even though I told him I wanted a higher up before he searched me vehicle, he just told me no and searched it.

Aldo thanks for all the replies.

6 minutes ago, DeSt said:

See the thing was though that this cop was an absolute dick head. I requested a higher up and he had already searched me even though I told him I wanted a higher up before he searched me vehicle, he just told me no and searched it.

Aldo thanks for all the replies.

That officer violated your rights. If you have any evidence of this, please submit it to the IAD. You'll always know if a higher up actually said "No" to your request because we are required to text you our response. 

1 hour ago, Bersabee said:

I apoligize, I forgot to specify what I meant when I said ''better RP''. Officers on duty need to take into consideration the RP of the other player. I've been in many situations where I roleplay 30 minutes or more with a 100k (aprox) bounty and I still end up with a full ticket. Cops who do this should not be on the force. I could of spent my time better by afking in jail. Thats my only issue with Cops, we should find a way to discourage Robo-Copping.

I think that should always be upto the descretion of the officer. The only thing i wish for when you RP 30mins is that the officer joins you in the story and act accordingly on how it goes. 

Mins RPing does not equal ticket reduction in my experience, it's about the credibility and quality of the RP for me. 

Roleplaying about being forced to kill 30 cops at a bank because a gang has your family kidnapped is as old as asylum. When i hear that i just fall asleep and me as officer would be forced to listen to the same story for the 100th time. 

When something rare comes to me or something happens where everyone laughs their ass off i would easily pardon. 

But it's always the choice of the officer. 

I personally always tried to keep it fun for both sides. And i know currently civs really have a boring time with the APD in general. So when i catch a salty lowtier gangmember, i cut him loose. When i find a new player i help him with clear instructions/starter money. Sometimes i even gave away 100-300k when someone really hated what was happening because they got fucked over and you have the power to turn it around. 

There's not much change, excelt what you do yourself. 

Teach the other officers well, learn cadets the right way. Have fun in HELPING a stranger, not stealing his truck for 10k. 

9 minutes ago, DeSt said:

And even if you request a higher up most of the time you get denied anyway.

If you request a higher just because it will most likely be denied.  The higher up is also required to message you telling you the request was denied. If this does not happen the officer most likely did not try and will result in disciplinary action.

11 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

It's not even when I do banks, it's also when I turn myself in. Sure I get the half ticket, but when I try to get the ticket lower they refuse and hit me with a half ticket.

Sure my RP isn't exceptional but I always try to come up with a new story. All I'm disliking here is the cops that don't take into consideration the RP and just do it for the money.

Teddy_ likes this
43 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

It's not even when I do banks, it's also when I turn myself in. Sure I get the half ticket, but when I try to get the ticket lower they refuse and hit me with a half ticket.

Sure my RP isn't exceptional but I always try to come up with a new story. All I'm disliking here is the cops that don't take into consideration the RP and just do it for the money.

Your rp is terrible. Aswell as your fake accents kek

7 hours ago, DeSt said:

A cop pulled me over for "off roading" because another car almost crashed into me so I got out of the way. He then searched me even though I gave him a good story and I got charged with cocaine. Gg

You were only charged with cocaine? I would have added reckless driving, evading, and terrorism. You got off easy. :kappa:

ProjectGemini, Sergio and Roberino like this
13 hours ago, Bersabee said:

That happened to me alot, at some point i just made a list of goodcops active on my server and send them a text for a meet up. 

At some point with norwegianviking we had such an understanding i could just pick him up in my orca and drop him at a PB. 

Just get to know cops who actually listen to you and have fun. In general RP sucks for both sides not just cops.

14 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

That happened to me alot, at some point i just made a list of goodcops active on my server and send them a text for a meet up. 

At some point with norwegianviking we had such an understanding i could just pick him up in my orca and drop him at a PB. 

Just get to know cops who actually listen to you and have fun. In general RP sucks for both sides not just cops.

This ^ 

When Ranger was on civ playing as rebel and there was a fed going on, he offered to use his own orca and hot drop us in the fed. 

Sergio likes this