What Developers Should Do.

Ever Since Bamf got Developer, yea he has talked to the community more and put stuff in the community really really likes. More than any other Developer could No Offense. 

But some stuff he puts in or developers have put in has been questionable and debatable. (No this is not amount of donate crap)

TLDR; JUST READ THE BOLD.:frog::shrug:

• Whenever they see a suggestion that gives so much love/ +1 or is heated with a good debate. ( Bamf has been somewhat good with it) they should comment on whether or not they could do the change or implement or its just possible with their "Design"

• I love this quote "If its not broken, dont fix it" otherwise in a developer's mind "update it".  The gathering system for cocaine or herion, no one minded it. but was removed. You fixed majority of the exploits anyways.
  • Recommended this make a trello. Let us know what your doing so we could have any input on it. Honestly right now my biggest concern for this apex update is if your gonna do it correctly. Adding RPG's to altis? Adding Ak-47's (30 rounds of 7.62) Since you have all these variables that arent on Tanoa. 

• Make Tanoa special and keep Altis CLASSIC. Classic altis with mk's and mk-1's. Honestly even the spar since its magazine is even with every other gun. Clothes is different some for all the small things. Prowlers yea go for it. but when it affects rebel gameplay with cops and rebel vs rebel. It isnt going to be fun. (Having Synergy and their massive gangbank full of money i wouldnt be surprised if they blow up every fucking ifrit in the game. FSA & Synergy already have been seen using suicide vests.) Which is fine. Since some of them fail. But an RPG, god knows.Imo, asylum will never die, but the fun gameplay of ganglife will and that affects majority of all players will die and not be enjoyable.

• Groupcap has been mentioned soooo many times, i think im even pretty annoying with it. With this new Apex update give us something that is unexpected like more numbers added to group-cap. I want a confirmation with this from a developer or it will never happen. (Go with 12-13 ) Since your always gonna have more than group cap.

• You listened to us about gun prices and i give you a high-five. But in all honesty since you nerfed gun prices than you uped the clothes so now if we want to be in the best armor available we have to spend a straight out 11k. Let me tell you, im really fucking happy we got csat. I really am, but just give us like a 2k clothes not no 5k. We are back at square one spending alot of money on a load out.

• Make it so random civ's dont see the cartel money . HELL EVEN THE OWN PEOPLE OWNING THE CARTEL. Will Prevent every sdar capper, and people cleaning out their cartels. (Random Suggestion which might be good.) This will cause more actually fights and not as many afk cappers.

• Money making. its dumb and boring. You have great ideas just like how you did bounty hunter. I know you could pick up the money yield.

• MAKE FILES .PAA @Paratus PLEASE. @Haych may seem like a total dick but is really is a nice British sir and could help!

tired and didnt feel like proof reading be a grammar nazi while ur at it.

@Paratus @bamf @Motown

If your gonna comment, make it debatable and not some comment that is pointless.

Edited by Feenix
9 minutes ago, Parker said:

+1 to everything except not adding in the apex expansion weapons / vehicles (excluding the RPG)

But their are elements like the ifrit that aren't in tanoa.  Using a RPG which most likely every big gang who could afford it will use it just to disable ifrit tires or what not. Immobilizing an ifrit( I have yet to actually test this out with an RPG vs Ifrit but I think he has enough damage to withstand it . But the tires won't , wouldn't mind a buff with tires if we actually put through the RPG for balancing.

Edited by Feenix

I would purely love to see the Tanoa content in Altis just so it can revive Rebel Life somewhat and get players who have currently stopped playing to play again, even if it is for a short time. A big official Arma update is always a nice way to update a server without the server developer doing much, many servers got even more populated after the Marksman update and I see this one no different.

RPG's in Altis will be one of the biggest mistakes Paratus could make. Yes they may be balanced with its pricing and accuracy, but gangs can afford 1-2 RPG's a fight using gang account money and immobilising a Ifrit going 20kmh that's scouting, or going up hill, or simply going in for push smokes is not hard, people that have played KOTH will know this with the RPG Alamut which behaves similar to the new RPG's coming in this update, someone with a brain can easily immobilise a MRAP.

Agreed with Group Cap. Asylum has always been favoured for its combat nature and its the reason many of us are still here, and a group cap of 10 does nothing but ruin that all. Sad to say but Olympus has a better Cartel culture now due to it not having group cap with gangs constantly fighting with 10+ members. Sure people may have wanted group cap in the past because of super gangs, but something as small as 10 was simply not a good idea. 12-15 will be a sweet spot.

Making guns cheaper did not solve loadout prices. If I was to log on right now, i'll be paying around 30k for a loadout, even with Arms and 2 Turfs, I will only save around 5-10k, that's more than what Rebels make in a hour robbing the Fed. Sure I can go around capping Cartels and Turfs, but for the average user, often that is not a option. Takes 45 to wait for a Turf to pop, another 15 to cap. So you'll be spending 2 hours to cap 2 Turfs and another 20 minutes capping a Cartel. 2.20hrs spent just so I can save 5k on my loadout, you can see the problem here.

The Devs/Admins always mention and shut down features for being to 'lazy'. The Cartel phone App just goes against everything the Admins like to argue against on the forums, it's cool sure, but remove it, same with the server notification on how full the cartel is. Paratus thinks this is what makes the gangs fight, no this is what makes SDAR solo cappers fight.

Onto the topic of Money making. Asylum has the most creative ways to make money out of all Altis Life communities. Paratus has done a amazing job at moving from the standard Altis Life money making into something more unique, however I feel like not much thought and balancing has gone into the payouts for such money making. The Risk to payout on Asylum is very bad. The Illegal fields are next to main roads, processors are easily accessible so on and so fourth. Map it out, and be like, oh look, Coke Field is right next to the main road, very risky so we will hugely buff the price. Don't just throw in numbers, actually get the Admins to go in, do the runs, test the time, put them into a shared spreadsheet and plot down how much makes with what vehicle, the route needed etc.., and then proceed from there, you will have a much better understanding in how the runs are going on your server.

While on the topic of Money making, the dynamic market needs addressing. It is so aggressive, that it ruins the whole concept of group runs. You simply can't do group runs without the Dynamic market taking 50% off by the time the 2nd person in your group has sold. Altis Life is about forming groups and making money together and progressing to larger trucks together, yet every gang can tell you, you either make money on your own, or buy it as making money in groups is horrible due to the Dynamic Market. When was the last time you saw any group run 5+ Hemmts of anything, probably in a long time because the market doesn't allow you to. Even with something as small as box trucks, after the 2nd person has sold, the market is so destroyed now, everyone else in the group gets a huge cut in there payout. The whole aim of the Dynamic market is to stop people doing the same run over and over again right? So slightly adjust it as it is way to aggressive right now

I always question what our Admins who play Rebel are doing and if they have actual any input on Rebel Life, It's either that, or the Devs don't listen to the Admins which we have seen over and over on the forums expressed by Gnashes, if that's the case, well you see the problem here.

Many of us are worried with the current state of Asylum. Bohemia being on our necks, the current donations system which many of us still believe its P2W, Not enough donations forcing Paratus to pay out of he's own pocket, current gang life activity compared to the past etc.. etc.. Not to mention 2 other communities are on the verge of releasing their own Framework which will put them ahead of Asylum's development and will allow them to freely do whatever they want without breaking any of Tonics ToA or any other bottleneck being on he's framework brings. It's time to fix up now or else donations being low will be the last of our worries.

Edited by Haych

Drug runs need a huge buff, its impossible to do one with anything larger than a zamak during even a semi-populated server. The fact that heroin field (and other) are so accesible to anyone really, is why it needs a buff. Police, or rebels, could be driving by the paros checkpoint area and just decide to check out and they end up finding people there 80% of the time. This means the chance of you being randomly shot while at a drug field is probably greater than not being shot due to how easy it is to "check out". I also think Oil needs a tiny buff, due to how long it actually takes, however it is quite a low risk medium reward run to do. 

Also, to the developers, if you don't already, try playing the server whenever you have time, do various things, then, you can see how the server is. 

Edited by ≠ NotEqualTo ≠

"Group cap is too low" which is why we see 15-20 rebels fighting 4 cops. :shrug:
I'm glad Regiment/Brotherhood/Bad Blood are dead. They were cancerous as fuck to the server. 

Instead of being Peach Cartel and recruiting everyone they see, you have to actually be selective with who they accept into their gang. 

Edited by epTic
2 minutes ago, epTic said:

"Group cap is too low" which is why we see 15-20 rebels fighting 4 cops. :shrug:

Never seen that in my entire lifetime with groupcap. Even with Instincts 28 man roster .Just see 12 or 13 if .

Good job making a exaggeration which is invaild and i have never ever seen, Exaggerate your numbers because you always loose. Just like how rebels exaggerate.[Even i do at points] 

Not our fault you have four cops on when you have an unlimited groupcap and free loadouts lol.

Edited by Feenix
19 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Never seen that in my entire lifetime with groupcap. Even with Instincts 28 man roster .Just see 12 or 13 if .

Good job making a exaggeration which is invaild and i have never ever seen, Exaggerate your numbers because you always loose. Just like how rebels exaggerate.[Even i do at points] 

Not our fault you have four cops on when you have an unlimited groupcap and free loadouts lol.

I invite you to play during the early morning hours. 

2-8am EST 

Also, your mom is loose. Your mom will lose the house if she divorces me. 

Loose vs Lose - an English lesson from epTic. 

Edited by epTic
23 hours ago, Haych said:

Making guns cheaper did not solve loadout prices

Dude i literally just now bought an MK1 (2,9k) Vest (5k) backpack, redgulls, first aid kit, pain killers, defib, bloodbags (4k)

Thats like 12k, should it be reduced to 5k or something? so we can just keep buying full loadouts from our paychecks? :D

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

We do our absolute best to ignore everyone, but some people are just so persistent! 

lmao.

I hope everyone here knows just because a few people on the forums want something doesn't mean Paratus thinks it would be healthy for the servers in general, or his own vision of the server he wants to nurture.

One thing I really, REALLY want to come back is the market having a lot more wiggle room for group runs. I mean, I did a meth run with like 8 guys a month-ish ago and 5-6 HEMMT boxes. Meth went down to about 25-30% the price from the original price when it was about a hundred dollars above it's original price. I mean, 5 HEMMT box trucks is a lot of meth, but I mean, not being able to sell it for more than cocaine considering the work put in afterwards? I suggest a cap to how far down the market can go that would reduce the price noticeably but not make it just god awful and make you not even want to sell.

I really want to see some more group gameplay available to people that want to do their money making together. A lot of the communities issues would be resolved from just making money in the same, "boring," fashion, but when you have friends to shit around with and having a target on your back from cops and stuff can be really fun. But when you get a group together and take those risks, the reward system is --- honestly I would say as far as faulty --- because it just soaks up money like a vacuum collects dust. (pun intended)

Group play should not be punished so harshly when doing highly risky activities. Not obviously out the ass payment, but not making a group run worthless for the person that isn't the 1st seller.

Big Bird and Haych like this

@Paratus Don't do this leave the RPG away from Altis, there is legit no skill at all to use a RPG, all that is going to happen is all the rich gangs are going to have atleast 1 RPG with them on cartel fight to blow out the Ifrit = NO SKILL. Asylum has in the passed been one of the most skillful Role-playing server out there so what ever you do don't destroy that for us atleast, #thisisnotOlympus. 

I don't say this out of hate towards you but with respect that you might listen to us on this note.