MEMORY ERRORS

18 minutes ago, Motown said:

I sent a link to this thread to Paratus but I was having these issues with memory errors before our update today too. We'll have him check up on things and try to find a solution.

I had memory issues too, but since today's update i seriously had 5 before even finally getting in.

There's some people on the cop TS experiencing the same problem.

Bob Jill. likes this

For me, the dlc arma patch have caused me to get memory leaks a lot. Like CCG Exile Cherno, Im not able to join because arma memleak every time I load in. On asylum it just happens whenever I soft log and here and there. It feels like bohemia is punishing me for not buying their DLC and are holding their game as hostage. Never had this issue until that patch, and now its really frequent

Mike Stmria and Shade like this
3 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

For me, the dlc arma patch have caused me to get memory leaks a lot. Like CCG Exile Cherno, Im not able to join because arma memleak every time I load in. On asylum it just happens whenever I soft log and here and there. It feels like bohemia is punishing me for not buying their DLC and are holding their game as hostage. Never had this issue until that patch, and now its really frequent

I have the DLC and get the errors on softlog, and soon after logging in. If i go 10-15 minutes without an error it doesnt crash until next restart

I noticed by monitoring my connection anytime my packet loss gets to 5% or more I get the Memory could not be read crash. I'm not sure if this is Arma or Server side but I will note I played a King of the Hill server for about 4 hours without crashes but once I get on Asylum life I get an error almost instantly. I can't seem to play longer than 20 minutes without a crash.

@Motown I've had them before the patch, but since the recent few patches, they have been happening more frequently :( always at the worse times like when responding to banks/prisons or in regular combat, never when driving around or standing there. Occasionally the game will freeze then its like a 50/50 chance of it going back to normal or a memory leak.

9 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

@Motown I've had them before the patch, but since the recent few patches, they have been happening more frequently :( always at the worse times like when responding to banks/prisons or in regular combat, never when driving around or standing there. Occasionally the game will freeze then its like a 50/50 chance of it going back to normal or a memory leak.

That's exactly what's been happening to me. So frustrating. 

On 7/19/2016 at 11:53 PM, Budbringer said:

Bug on ArmA's side with the Exile thing, i find that tabbing out while loading in helps stop the memory leaks :P

For those saying that the issue is fixed when they delete the dll's, you should do the following. In the Arma 3 launcher click on Parameters -> Advanced. Then put a check in Malloc and in the text field type system. This effectively does the same thing as deleting the dll's.

For those who want more details. The dll's that you delete are what Arma uses for its memory allocation. When you delete them all, it then defaults to using your system (Windows) memory allocation instead of bohemia's. If you don't delete the dll's and don't specify one, it will default to tbb4malloc_bi.