5 minutes ago, Steve said:

Don't you think it would make sense to decrease the in game price of csats if that is what happens?

No because it still takes the same number of shots to the chest if you was the wear CSAT+ Tac vest compared to Combat Fatigues+Carrier Lite. Just means with the CSAT's you have full body coverage including arms and thighs which justifies the extra price.

Eric916 likes this
Just now, Haych said:

No because it still takes the same number of shots to the chest if you was the wear CSAT+ Tac vest compared to Combat Fatigues+Carrier Lite. Just means with the CSAT's you have full body coverage including arms and thighs which justifies the extra price.

I understand why the script would be put in but I do think that the price for them in game should be lowered if they go through with this because you will still die in 1-2 and once in a while 3 shots.

9 hours ago, bamf said:

If we do anything, it would be what we talked about originally - limit you to less chest armor when wearing a CSAT.  That script has been built for a while and would be trivial to implement should we decide to do so.  At that point, you're choosing between armor in the legs with less chest protection, or more center mass protection but getting 1 tapped in the leg.  

Or you know just leave it as is and not fuck over the people that spent money on them which Asylum benefited from.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
11 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Or you know just leave it as is and not fuck over the people that spent money on them which Asylum benefited from.

How is that fucking people over?  You still have always had access to the urban fatigues csat, but people always said they wanted the pilot coveralls skin. 

Any change would be about balancing overall armor values in game. 

28 minutes ago, bamf said:

How is that fucking people over?  You still have always had access to the urban fatigues csat, but people always said they wanted the pilot coveralls skin. 

Hanzo thinks he should be a tank on rebel and get paid a 100% increase on cop. No point in arguing with him.  Nevermind his silly idea of HQ in Donor LUL

Edited by HotWings

I like the idea of putting the Tac Vest script into the game! While I hated dying in a split second back when there was no CSAT, it is still annoying when you run into the guys who are now tanking 4-5 bullets with CSAT+Carrier Lite. I think adding in the Tac Vest script could find a healthy medium between the two. It's worth at least trying out.

Haych likes this
1 minute ago, Shepurd said:

I like the idea of putting the Tac Vest script into the game! While I hated dying in a split second back when there was no CSAT, it is still annoying when you run into the guys who are now tanking 4-5 bullets with CSAT+Carrier Lite. I think adding in the Tac Vest script could find a healthy medium between the two. It's worth at least trying out.

+1 Tac Vest Script 

44 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

// Disallow CSAT and Carriers
[] spawn
{
	private ["_uniform","_vest","_gwh"];
	while {true} do
	{
		waitUntil { alive player && life_alive };
		_uniform = uniform player;
		_vest = vest player;
		if (({_uniform find _x >=0} count ["U_O_Pilot","U_O_Combat"] > 0) && (_vest find "PlateCarrier" >= 0)) then 
		{
			_gwh = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", getPosATL player, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_gwh addItemCargoGlobal [_vest, 1];
			{
				(((everyContainer _gwh) select 0) select 1) addItemCargoGlobal [_x, 1];
			}forEach (vestItems player);
			removeVest player;
			hint "You cannot wear CSAT Uniforms and Plate Carriers at the same time!";
		};
		waitUntil {sleep 10; _uniform != uniform player || _vest != vest player};
	};
};

Or something like that anyway

do it dad

55 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

// Disallow CSAT and Carriers
[] spawn
{
	private ["_uniform","_vest","_gwh"];
	while {true} do
	{
		waitUntil { alive player && life_alive };
		_uniform = uniform player;
		_vest = vest player;
		if (({_uniform find _x >=0} count ["U_O_Pilot","U_O_Combat"] > 0) && (_vest find "PlateCarrier" >= 0)) then 
		{
			_gwh = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", getPosATL player, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
			_gwh addItemCargoGlobal [_vest, 1];
			{
				(((everyContainer _gwh) select 0) select 1) addItemCargoGlobal [_x, 1];
			}forEach (vestItems player);
			removeVest player;
			hint "You cannot wear CSAT Uniforms and Plate Carriers at the same time!";
		};
		waitUntil {sleep 10; _uniform != uniform player || _vest != vest player};
	};
};

Or something like that anyway

+1 

14 hours ago, Walt Jr. said:

Fuck CSATS, us god tier snipers have gone down hill since I can no longer 1 shot bitches.

Do this- They can't adjust clothing values unless they mod the server. There is probably a very ghetto way around, but thats a whole issue with in its self, but there would be no point when they can use a handicap system for those who wear CSATs, for example limiting them to Tactical Vests only. The extra money you pay for them gives you Extra thigh and Arm protection whereas you are still a 2 tap target to the chest @Haych

Still 1 tap if you get headshot... honestly i've killed people in CSATs with 9mm and been killed in CSATs with 9mm. Also they are expensive af and are white so they stand out. They nerfed the hell out of em already what more do you want? I do understand where your coming from though. I like to buy them and run around kavala (basically) invincible to the pistol bangers haha

13 hours ago, bamf said:

If we do anything, it would be what we talked about originally - limit you to less chest armor when wearing a CSAT.  That script has been built for a while and would be trivial to implement should we decide to do so.  At that point, you're choosing between armor in the legs with less chest protection, or more center mass protection but getting 1 tapped in the leg.  

Get 1 tapped in the legs? that is stupid af and makes no sense getting shot in the legs should never kill in 1 shot that's just stupid. If people want to spend the money to not get 1 tapped that should be an option. If you can't hit someone 2 times you don't deserve the kill. When I do trainings with my friends they always use 7.62 and I use 6.5 cuz I like to see my skill I don't want to just get 1 lucky shot off. If you guys are so skilled you should be able to hit more than 1 shot. if you can't headshot then you gotta shoot twice big deal. how easy do you want it?

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
23 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

Get 1 tapped in the legs? that is stupid af and makes no sense getting shot in the legs should never kill in 1 shot that's just stupid. If people want to spend the money to not get 1 tapped that should be an option. If you can't hit someone 2 times you don't deserve the kill. When I do trainings with my friends they always use 7.62 and I use 6.5 cuz I like to see my skill I don't want to just get 1 lucky shot off. If you guys are so skilled you should be able to hit more than 1 shot. if you can't headshot then you gotta shoot twice big deal. how easy do you want it?

For me, it's not just that I want easy 1 taps, it's more the fact that I can shoot someone point blank 3 times in the chest/back, and we will trade because he is wearing CSAT and I'm not. Causes this cancerous gameplay for people fighting cartels.

Also, what I haven't seen brought up yet, is the stance from career cops on this. @HotWings enlighten us.

Eric916 likes this
37 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

Still 1 tap if you get headshot... honestly i've killed people in CSATs with 9mm and been killed in CSATs with 9mm. Also they are expensive af and are white so they stand out. They nerfed the hell out of em already what more do you want? I do understand where your coming from though. I like to buy them and run around kavala (basically) invincible to the pistol bangers haha

suck me. if you actually fought cartels you would know how aids csats are.

Ghouh likes this
Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

For me, it's not just that I want easy 1 taps, it's more the fact that I can shoot someone point blank 3 times in the chest/back, and we will trade because he is wearing CSAT and I'm not. Causes this cancerous gameplay for people fighting cartels.

Also, what I haven't seen brought up yet, is the stance from career cops on this. @HotWings enlighten us.

good point.

@Gnashes see I consider other's opinions if they make a valid point. and im relevant af obv

5 minutes ago, Walt Jr. said:

I'm not a server. I'm in a gang called velocity and what gang are you in?

Xdeee im super gud at this game lmao xdd.

11 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Not entirely a career cop, but I've never really minded csats. Other than the fact that 50% of the server are snow men and it looks bad.

8 hours ago, bamf said:

RIP to all my peeps who payed a shit load of money to have this advantage :FeelsBadMan:

Edited by Term
1 hour ago, Walt Jr. said:

yeah never heard of you guys. you don't fight cartels. therefore your opinion is irrelevant to me on whether you like csats or not.

Oh shit you've never heard of us?!?!?!?! holy shit guys I think im fading away!!! cuz Walt Jr. doesnt know me i must not exist!  

wow the power you have walt jr..... whether or not you know something exists really fucking matters apparently!

Edited by Eric916
oh wait no...it doesn't
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
2 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

I havnt played cop to any extent in 3 months lol, but before that I never even thought about it.  Ive seen people sponge bullets and its annoying, but its been that way for ages.  I find it more frustrating playing civ honestly.  Im shooting someone with a high caliber round that should certainly do massive damage anywhere you're shot.  I laugh pretty hard when I get hit with a 556 or 6.5 at long range and take 7-12 damage lol

I do agree with Walt tho, you should pick either CSAT or Carriers, not both.  Applies to undercover as well.

@Vanilla Coke

Edited by HotWings
Vanilla Coke likes this
8 hours ago, bamf said:

Listen just give everyone access to pilot coveralls and people who have paid for the pilot coveralls give them access to buying the Taru. This solves everyone's problem the people who spent money get something that is valued and useful to the server and then people who can't afford crate keys or get unlucky still have a fair balance when fighting at cartels. 

Just now, Allstarplaya said:

Listen just give everyone access to pilot coveralls and people who have paid for the pilot coveralls give them access to buying the Taru. This solves everyone's problem the people who spent money get something that is valued and useful to the server and then people who can't afford crate keys or get unlucky still have a fair balance when fighting at cartels. 

suck me