Suggestion: Mandatory Response Time for Ban Appeals

10 minutes ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

The thing is though, who are those guys, because I'm pretty sure the player base could probably name a few, but it would be up to the retired admins to sort of "show light" to the CM's who these guys are.

I can pretty much say with certainty that those admins did say names and nothing happened.  Sneaky, Deazy, and Rod are pretty level headed dudes. I dont see them making a rush to step down before trying to address it.

Edited by HotWings
Will, Sneaky, Mike Stmria and 1 other like this
Just now, HotWings said:

I can pretty much say with certainty that those admins did say names and nothing happened.  I really don't think they would ignore the issues and not try and address them before stepping down.  Sneaky, Deazy, and Rod are pretty level headed dudes. I dont see them making a rush to step down before trying to address it.

Yeah, all im gonna say is this

its really easy to see which admins put in work and those who dont

@Sneaky its really sad to see you go down like that, all though it may not seem it, everyone does fully appreciate your work, time, effort and everything else. You were a credit to everyone, hopefully you come back some day. 

That goes for all the admins who feel the same way as Sneaky, you're all a cool bunch of dudes, even when im being toxic to u for giving me warning points:pogchamp:

Edited by :( :( :( :( :(
Sneaky, Will and HotWings like this
Just now, :(:(:(:(:( said:

@Sneaky its really sad to see you go down like that, all though it may not seem it, everyone does fully appreciate your work, time, effort and everything else. You were a credit to everyone, hopefully you come back some day. 

That goes for all the admins who feel the same way as Sneaky, you're all a cool bunch of dudes, even when im being toxic to u for giving me warning points:pogchamp:

If you ever get lonely I can always give you more warning points now.

With all this being said about bad admins I'm not sure if they don't want that high of a turn over rate, but I know one that spawned in a crate of gear for his gang got "warned" then proceeded to just spawn in a npc 1-2 km away from a cartel for his gang to buy guns and he is still admin. If anything admins should be held at higher standards which most are but if any player tried to abuse / exploit any method twice more than likely they would of been permed by now.

drex, Frizzy and HotWings like this
Just now, Tusken Raider said:

With all this being said about bad admins I'm not sure if they don't want that high of a turn over rate, but I know one that spawned in a crate of gear for his gang got "warned" then proceeded to just spawn in a npc 1-2 km away from a cartel for his gang to buy guns and he is still admin. If anything admins should be held at higher standards which most are but if any player tried to abuse / exploit any method twice more than likely they would of been permed by now.

Well lets not drift of the thread. Record and use the link for admin reports.

1 hour ago, :(:(:(:(:( said:

tenor.gif

One of the biggest problems I always noticed was too much variation in how different admins would view specific rules. Instead of it being like a court system and setting precedence it has for the most part always been how each individual admin interpreted a specific rule. Sure there are times it's best for an admin to use their best judgement (hopefully get advice from CM and other admins as well) to make a decision on a specific situation that is in the grey area but each rule should be cut and dry. If that were the case then it would allow other admins to handle ban appeals for people they didn't ban. Of course this his would only be possible for people that actually had a report filed against them because all the evidence should be posted on the report. For situations that happen in-game by an admin sure it will have to still be handled by the banning admin unless that admin makes a report with all the evidence.

Edited by Destrah
Haych and Will like this
4 hours ago, HotWings said:

This group should be removed immediately and they are not.  Which then causes the group of good guys to get frustrated and eventually step down or leave all together.  The CMs need to do more to these guys, stop allowing that group to nominate just their friends which adds more to the group.

Easier said than done...trust me.

Mike Stmria, Will and Frizzy like this
52 minutes ago, VeNiiM said:

Honestly you should just show everything in your first post, like video evidence. Its the fastest way to get everything resolved.

You're right however in my case. I honestly had no clue who I RDM. I had to have my memory refreshed of the incident. Since they did not allow me to review the ban video. 

I never have had a delayed response on any report or appeal I have made in my year and a half playing. There are other ways to contact administrators besides the forums. There is a decrease amount of admins right now, but I'm sure it's being worked out. If you need to contact a certain administrator you can always reach out through different mediums, such as Discord, Teamspeak, or private message on Steam, but don't go as far to harass them.

On 5.4.2017 at 5:57 AM, Sneaky said:

To touch a bit more on this:

The joy of being admin,

I think when I first started out being an admin, the punishment for RDM was basically a kick off the server, quick chat on TS and you were good to go. Being admin around then was pretty nice, the environment was pretty nice and I liked login on to the servers because there were fun to be had with random players.  After a while that stopped. One of the things that caused me to start disliking was when you banned a "streamer" just to have an angry message forcing you to unban them, so I never looked at the player reports against them again.

Now, being an admin is also ton of fun, there was always someone else to find on TS to play with, which is cool.

I always read these comments about how damn much player reports there are etc, now I have not been admin for almost a year so that could have changed, but from my experience, those comments are kind of BS. The reason there are so much is because of freeloaders. Sure its understandable that you have a work period where you unable to help out, but I'm referring to those who graduate from mod to admin and are never heard from again, these people had all the benefits without lifting a finger, and took full advantage of it, because why wouldn't they?  This is where the burnout starts, because now others need to pick up the slack. So it goes in periods where 3 people do everything for a month, get burned, 3 dudes take the next month, and it's just goes around and around in a cycle. It wouldn't have been so much if everyone contributed, then it would take next to no time and we could faster help players on TS, now this is before the new CMs, so I don't know how it is now, my experience is with the other CM who disappeared for 2 years while "managing the community". His solution was to ignore everything until the requests became too many, so instead of working on the problem, we got a bunch of new mods just to fill out numbers, and the bad ones just want for the free stuff after graduating, seeing as they quickly realised they didn't have to do anything to keep the toys

Because there was no accountability all these dudes kept roaming. There's a reason why someone who sold their admin access to their roommate's brother so he could get free cash, and the one who got drunk used admincamnorecoil(thank you Gnashes for BABSing that) and routinely Mass RDMd people never was punished.

And this entire empathy thing, where we had to show empathy towards people who break the rules all the time… Oh he combat logged for the 3rd time, we'll show him some empathy, you don't know how he was feeling in that situation. There’s a reason why our bans have always been a joke

I always wanted to help people out, but the longer I stayed on the more frustrated I became, and the more frustrated I became the less I cared. At the end I said fuck it, I don't want to spend my free time helping a bunch of ungrateful kids who complain they had to wait 1 hour on their comp requests. I realised that when I almost took away a dudes comp for complaining about sitting in the channel for 20 min, I realised that I probably shouldn't do this anymore. There are people like this who really take the fun out of the stuff. Like after the hack I was doing comp lines in Athira square and made Athira rebel a safe zone so people could buy back their vehicles there, and some dude kept whining in side chat and spamming admin messages talking trash to me because I did it, and he would not shut up. All these people are a problem, but we were never allowed to do anything about it. The amount of abuse we have taken, I highly doubt any other communities let you get away with that much stuff.

I probably been rambling on for some time now, but I had some stuff I wanted to say. Also I probably wasn't the best admin, but I really tried to be a nice admin. I have made so many good gaming friends through being an admin, played tons of games with em.

A huge problem is that the people in charge more and distanced them self from the community. In the beginning they were always on TS, then they started to be on TS muted while on their own TS, and then poof gone. I went from talking to them several times a week to once a year. They are nice people, but oh my so distant.

Also, on a funny side note; When I applied for a job(yes I work full time) I put being an admin on Asylum on my CV, got asked about and my boss thought it was cool :P I have been asked about it on 2 job interviews(got both jobs)

1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

To touch a bit more on this:

The joy of being admin,

I think when I first started out being an admin, the punishment for RDM was basically a kick off the server, quick chat on TS and you were good to go. Being admin around then was pretty nice, the environment was pretty nice and I liked login on to the servers because there were fun to be had with random players.  After a while that stopped. One of the things that caused me to start disliking was when you banned a "streamer" just to have an angry message forcing you to unban them, so I never looked at the player reports against them again.

Now, being an admin is also ton of fun, there was always someone else to find on TS to play with, which is cool.

I always read these comments about how damn much player reports there are etc, now I have not been admin for almost a year so that could have changed, but from my experience, those comments are kind of BS. The reason there are so much is because of freeloaders. Sure its understandable that you have a work period where you unable to help out, but I'm referring to those who graduate from mod to admin and are never heard from again, these people had all the benefits without lifting a finger, and took full advantage of it, because why wouldn't they?  This is where the burnout starts, because now others need to pick up the slack. So it goes in periods where 3 people do everything for a month, get burned, 3 dudes take the next month, and it's just goes around and around in a cycle. It wouldn't have been so much if everyone contributed, then it would take next to no time and we could faster help players on TS, now this is before the new CMs, so I don't know how it is now, my experience is with the other CM who disappeared for 2 years while "managing the community". His solution was to ignore everything until the requests became too many, so instead of working on the problem, we got a bunch of new mods just to fill out numbers, and the bad ones just want for the free stuff after graduating, seeing as they quickly realised they didn't have to do anything to keep the toys

Because there was no accountability all these dudes kept roaming. There's a reason why someone who sold their admin access to their roommate's brother so he could get free cash, and the one who got drunk used admincamnorecoil(thank you Gnashes for BABSing that) and routinely Mass RDMd people never was punished.

And this entire empathy thing, where we had to show empathy towards people who break the rules all the time… Oh he combat logged for the 3rd time, we'll show him some empathy, you don't know how he was feeling in that situation. There’s a reason why our bans have always been a joke

I always wanted to help people out, but the longer I stayed on the more frustrated I became, and the more frustrated I became the less I cared. At the end I said fuck it, I don't want to spend my free time helping a bunch of ungrateful kids who complain they had to wait 1 hour on their comp requests. I realised that when I almost took away a dudes comp for complaining about sitting in the channel for 20 min, I realised that I probably shouldn't do this anymore. There are people like this who really take the fun out of the stuff. Like after the hack I was doing comp lines in Athira square and made Athira rebel a safe zone so people could buy back their vehicles there, and some dude kept whining in side chat and spamming admin messages talking trash to me because I did it, and he would not shut up. All these people are a problem, but we were never allowed to do anything about it. The amount of abuse we have taken, I highly doubt any other communities let you get away with that much stuff.

I probably been rambling on for some time now, but I had some stuff I wanted to say. Also I probably wasn't the best admin, but I really tried to be a nice admin. I have made so many good gaming friends through being an admin, played tons of games with em.

A huge problem is that the people in charge more and distanced them self from the community. In the beginning they were always on TS, then they started to be on TS muted while on their own TS, and then poof gone. I went from talking to them several times a week to once a year. They are nice people, but oh my so distant.

Also, on a funny side note; When I applied for a job(yes I work full time) I put being an admin on Asylum on my CV, got asked about and my boss thought it was cool :P I have been asked about it on 2 job interviews(got both jobs)

Yes I did read the whole thing.

I see your point and agree how it can get that way for sure, my only complaint is because of those (bad players) guys the good ones (good players)  have to deal with a (annoyed,unkind,hardheaded, unreasonable) bad admin. It's also sad when admins hold the bans on people just because they know the reporting player.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

Yes I did read the whole thing.

I see your point and agree how it can get that way for sure, my only complaint is because of those (bad players) guys the good ones (good players)  have to deal with a (annoyed,unkind,hardheaded, unreasonable) bad admin. It's also sad when admins hold the bans on people just because they know the reporting player.

Or when people keep players banned knowing they are wrong and the ban was unfair.. shows enough evidence but a lot of the time admins just wanna keep the player banned cause they don't wanna admit they are wrong .

this is basically most perms for 3rd party apps lol

bigjohn561 likes this
18 hours ago, Fudger said:

this is basically most perms for 3rd party apps lol

Unless you have actually been on that persons computer and personally verified its contents and all removable media contents that person owns you cant say someone isn't cheating.  Ive seen the videos of 90% of the people banned for hacks, and they're pretty obviously cheating.  Admins dont make the bans based off of one instance, its a combination of many different instances.  Even Fearless had multiple documented instances and he was chasing an admin around who was invisible teleporting all over the place.  People make it too easy to catch them, how do you go from shit tier to top 10 overnight? Install hax.exe! 

Frizzy likes this
3 hours ago, HotWings said:

Unless you have actually been on that persons computer and personally verified its contents and all removable media contents that person owns you cant say someone isn't cheating.  Ive seen the videos of 90% of the people banned for hacks, and they're pretty obviously cheating.  Admins dont make the bans based off of one instance, its a combination of many different instances.  Even Fearless had multiple documented instances and he was chasing an admin around who was invisible teleporting all over the place.  People make it too easy to catch them, how do you go from shit tier to top 10 overnight? Install hax.exe! 

Wat

if you don't have proof he is hacking

why ban him for hacking just cause he is good at the game

I'm talking about tiger in this case which he wasn't scripting he just knows how to pull down his mouse and has 7k hours in the game.. if you rest the gun on the rock and get banned for it then idk what to say

but either way, the ones for 'hacking' I agree.. but like banning someone for thinking he uses pulldowns is just retarded

8 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Wat

I'm talking about tiger in this case which he wasn't scripting he just knows how to pull down his mouse and has 7k hours in the game.. if you rest the gun on the rock and get banned for it then idk what to say

but either way, the ones for 'hacking' I agree.. but like banning someone for thinking he uses pulldowns is just retarded

Assuming pull down scripts arnt a form of cheating is retarded :shrug:

Edited by HotWings
Frizzy likes this
54 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Wat

Banning someone for thinking they're cheating is like bombing someone for thinking they bombed their own people.

22 hours ago, Fudger said:

Wat

Are you 100% that those 7k hours are INGAME and not just him being AFK? For what you know he could have 2k hours...

On 4/2/2017 at 8:40 PM, CPT Morgan said:

I've asked if I would be able to get compensation for time lost if my ban was going to be appealed. Unfortunately I was dealt with a swift no.

that's annoying. In 7 days you could have made like 200-700k depending on what you do. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 5:25 PM, Legit said:

I just feel like the system in place can be exploited so easily to a point where if you wanted to get somebody banned you could, and depending on if they use Shadowplay or record 24/7 they might not even be able to appeal it. 

Expecting players to record 24/7 just to prove they are innocent for the one guy who might have muted everybody on restart and forgot to unmute you is a bit ridiculous.(Yes you could say this is a 'rare' situation, but it really isn't as rare as it should be.(Don't get me started on rage banning @HotWings))

I think the requirements for RDM reports should be more strict, people are already going out of their way to report RDM so a few bits of additional evidence shouldn't make the biggest of difference. This could make it easier to quickly deny reports with insufficient evidence. My suggestion is proof the client is not muted post death alongside a text to the killer informing them they will be reported. 

Any adjustment would take awhile to adjust to, but I think it should be considered. @Olio

Everyone loves to get RDM baited my friend....