Modded Server

Haven't been on forums for a while but i've heard allot of talk about a modded server. There has been a speculation that Server 5 will be used for the modded server. Is so true?

If yes, why would Asylum and its staff treat us like 3rd class citizens and make the modded server. This would then make us lose everything we have built on the island (stuff in crates...).

Anyone hopefully you guys make a 6th server.

#pray6paratus

badger likes this

Server 5 is a waste, I barely ever see players playing on it. Why would Paratus waste money for like 1/20 of the community to play on when he could put it to good use and make it into a modded server? There is so much potential for the modded server. Stratis, although its a nice combat oriented map, it's just not suitable for a life server.

Edited by Crow

Server 5 is a plague, there was all this talk about how glorious it was as it went extinct right as I became a cadet, and everyone complained about it needing to come back and then when it did, for the first month it was the server to go to but after that, it became shit filled with trolls more RDMERS and CLING than in any other server I've been apart of. Also cops who want to do corrupted things choose to use that server and make excuses about it being to small or whatever.

15 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

Maybe make server 5 a 40 person server so that everyone that currently plays it can enjoy it, so it will be cheaper to host, and then just adds server 6

How-About-No-Meme-Dr-Evil-01.png

it's a waste, stratis is shit, even more shit than altis...

the small group of people that hang around in stratis are shit,

it's just a giant shit hole.... With no players...

get rid of it.

Heidelberg likes this
43 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

How-About-No-Meme-Dr-Evil-01.png

it's a waste, stratis is shit, even more shit than altis...

the small group of people that hang around in stratis are shit,

it's just a giant shit hole.... With no players...

get rid of it.

Nobody is forcing you to play it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's shit. A decently sized portion of the player base is on server five and so if you reduce the size to cut costs what is the problem.

Anyways I haven't heard about there being budget issues so I'm not sure if a cut in size is needed at all.

also I'm pretty sure the modded server won't replace s5 because there has been no news of this.

40 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

Nobody is forcing you to play it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's shit. A decently sized portion of the player base is on server five and so if you reduce the size to cut costs what is the problem.

i didn't say anybody was forcing me to play it,

and sorry, i'm just pointing out the facts as i see them...

it's not just me who doesn't enjoy or like stratis/think it's pointless and retarded... Just look at this thread.. just look at the dying player base for server 5...

just look at how many cops play server 5 on a normal day.... 0

because it's shit... 

1 hour ago, CyanogenCX said:

Maybe make server 5 a 40 person server so that everyone that currently plays it can enjoy it, so it will be cheaper to host, and then just adds server 6

I agree, Lowing the server capacity lowers the server rent fees.

However, I have heard of rumours that Server 5 is going to become a modded server, on an old Arma 2 map (forgotten name).

But again, I think lower the capacity so the people who do enjoy it in the community can still be satisfied, and maybe launch a server with modified addons to satisfy the other members of the community.

Make everyone happy is what I am trying to say! 

1 hour ago, HotWings said:
PLAYER STATS (VIEW ALL)

Current Players: 11 / 100 
Average (past month): 19

So u can't really say only 20 out of a thousand people play it because not everyone plays at the same time. And so the 50-60 people at least who play it make up 5-6% of the population which is huge. Again I'm just saying that if it is needed cut the player slots on the server Instead of removing it altogether.

plus at 2pm est ur not gonna get many people Playing

Edited by CyanogenCX
3 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

So u can't really say only 20 out of a thousand people play it because not everyone plays at the same time. And so the 50-60 people at least who play it make up 5-6% of the population which is huge. Again I'm just saying that if it is needed cut the player slots on the server Instead of removing it altogether.

plus at 2pm est ur not gonna get many people Playing

you don't math very well, do you?

Just now, CyanogenCX said:

50/1000=5%

60/1000=6%

so 50-60 is 5-6%

where am I wrong?

make up 5-6% of the population which is huge

5-6% is not huge. 

There are over a thousand people who play Asylum, which further decreases your percentages. 

Over half of those people would simply go back to playing Altis, Asylum is not going to die from shutting down Server 5. 

1 minute ago, epTic said:

make up 5-6% of the population which is huge

5-6% is not huge. 

There are over a thousand people who play Asylum, which further decreases your percentages. 

Over half of those people would simply go back to playing Altis, Asylum is not going to die from shutting down Server 5. 

Obviously you don't have much math experience. Wouldn't you say 5-6% of your salary is a huge part? And wouldn't you be upset if you lost it?

i never said asylum would die, if you read what I said all I said was if it isn't necessary to remove server five then why remove it? someone who plays on servers 1-4 isn't affected by server five so I'm not sure why these people want it removed. Plus if if a budget problem occurs then just cut slots to fix it. If that isn't enough then sure go ahead and remove it, but if there is no problem atm then I don't see a reason why it should be removed

1 minute ago, CyanogenCX said:

Wouldn't you say 5-6% of your salary is a huge part? And wouldn't you be upset if you lost it?

Do you even economics m8? 

Server 1 : 100/100
Server 2 : 100/100
Server 3 : 100/100
Server 4 : 100/100
Server 5 : 20/100 

Would it make sense to do away with Stratis and replace it with something that can provide the maximum ROI? 

1 minute ago, epTic said:

Would it make sense to do away with Stratis and replace it with something that can provide the maximum ROI? 

Why not cut slots if it is needed? You don't have to remove the server

also making money isn't the goal of these servers. These servers were primarily established (from what I'm aware often) so that people could enjoy a good life server experience. If paratus is satisfied with paying for server five so that the people who play on it can enjoy stratis life then what is the problem? If there is no need to have it removed why are you guys advocating for it to be removed? As of now server five has zero impact on servers one through four so i'm not sure why these guys want server five removed.

No admin ever said that there are budget problems and that a server needs to be cut, so as of now there is no need to cut it. If paratus is happy with server five and so are the people who play on it then that is all that matters. 

Return on on investment is not the end all be all

On 25/02/2016 at 3:04 PM, epTic said:

If you even economics you would take in a few factors on why the server population is so low. The number of players is ideal for the size of the map. There are many factors that add to this.

Sure I guess the population is not Ideal but it's starting to increase. During EU times, the servers population is normally around 10-20. But during peak hours, the server is up to 40-60 and sometimes up to 80.

As long as they get a return on their investments, there's no point on taking it down.

On 2/25/2016 at 7:50 AM, CyanogenCX said:

This sounds like a great idea. it doesn't ever get above 40 anyway so that would keep S5 players happy as well as keep servers running and strong without costing more than they are worth.