I would prefer to be able to buy content on new server with the money I have so I can test it out to see what I like instead of having to grind money and being forced to choose only some of the new content I could explore until I had enough money to explore everything I wanted.

plus people will be at max cash in like a week or two if they want to do that so it wouldn't make a difference In the long run

2 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

I would prefer to be able to buy content on new server with the money I have so I can test it out to see what I like instead of having to grind money and being forced to choose only some of the new content I could explore until I had enough money to explore everything I wanted.

plus people will be at max cash in like a week or two if they want to do that so it wouldn't make a difference In the long run

Shouldn't we test the new systems they add to make money tho? And if you played any civ you would know people don't do anything compared to what they did a year ago. 

Chan Wong and Bry like this
1 hour ago, Larry said:

Shouldn't we test the new systems they add to make money tho? And if you played any civ you would know people don't do anything compared to what they did a year ago. 

I didn't know they were adding new systems to make money. But still, my personal preference would be to be able to carry over the money from altis/stratis because I don't really want to grind money.

Edited by CyanogenCX
14 minutes ago, CyanogenCX said:

I didn't know they were adding new systems to make money. But still, my personal preference would be to be able to carry over the money from altis/stratis because I don't really want to grind money.

11 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

No, I want my money to carry over.  More people are going to stick to Altis if you don't let them have their bank accounts.

No thanks. I would rather play on the new map and have fun instead of grind for money on yet another server. Grinding for money is nothing new, all the old players imo would rather do stuff on the new server instead of the same old boring grind. What's rejuvenating about that?

Edited by The Boss
7 minutes ago, The Boss said:

No thanks. I would rather play on the new map and have fun instead of grind for money on yet another server. Grinding for money is nothing new, all the old players imo would rather do stuff on the new server instead of the same old boring grind. What's rejuvenating about that?

It would create more interaction PERIOD, No one can deny that! looking back a year if not more you would see players all around the map. Remember when the weed field was packed and I mean packed 10+ cars. Or you would see people running diamonds constantly, every time a shady car passed they would run frantically. 

And grinding money is apart of the game, I understand some people would enjoy having it be a wasteland server, guns are dirt cheap and you could constantly keep re-gearing to fight cops or other rebels but that's not what made asylum the most popular life mod. It was originally the players and funny antics that came.

With the new mod I think we should all start fresh again and begin a new renaissance for asylum.

Asus, Chan Wong and BioHazard like this
6 minutes ago, Larry said:

It would create more interaction PERIOD, No one can deny that! looking back a year if not more you would see players all around the map. Remember when the weed field was packed and I mean packed 10+ cars. Or you would see people running diamonds constantly, every time a shady car passed they would run frantically. 

And grinding money is apart of the game, I understand some people would enjoy having it be a wasteland server, guns are dirt cheap and you could constantly keep re-gearing to fight cops or other rebels but that's not what made asylum the most popular life mod. It was originally the players and funny antics that came.

With the new mod I think we should all start fresh again and begin a new renaissance for asylum.

How come there isn't that much interaction on servers 1-4? People use money on those servers and do drugs, and the same thing is going to happen on this server. I don't see what big change this would bring. Within a few weeks at max everything would be back to normal and same as it is on altis.

If overall the economy is the same as it is on the other servers, I'm not sure what the difference would be here.

I'm all for creating more player interaction, I just don't think this will lead to more player interaction in the long run. It is only a short, temporary solution which in my mind is not worth the effort for players. Literally everything except the map, guns, and vehicles is the exact same. I'm not saying the modded server is bad, it is a great idea and I will probably play only on that server when it comes out because I want to experience everything new, but the only thing that is new is map, guns, and vehicles. Money-making methods will remain the same as they are on Asylum.

In fact, if the map is australia, it is way bigger than altis so you would actually see less player interaction in non-populated areas.

Edited by CyanogenCX

+1

If we keep our money then you can just go and experience everything there in on the new map in a few days or so. Starting fresh keeps the experience novel for much longer. Imagine the first fed/cartel your gang does after just earning enough money to buy a rebel license and m4. Thats an experience you wont get if you just hop on, money capped, and buy the best guns, the best vehicles, immediately do all the cartels, all the cop fights, etc., etc... Money would matter again, gear would have value, fights would be more tense... for a time that at least. It has never been hard or "a grind" to make money on Aslyum. I doubt this server will be any different. Once you get a decent stockpile things will be back to normal in a relatively short amount of time. But the beginning would be a new experience and thats what this server should be. Not the same old thing on a new terrain with new guns.

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

Confirmed or is this speculation?

Speculation. Seeing as last week they announced the modded server will be coming out in a week, I'm 99.9% sure they won't have time to add new activities. Since Paratus is so busy with adding all the mods/map(s) and testing them etc. I doubt he had time to come up with and code new money making methods within the span of 1 week.

1 hour ago, CyanogenCX said:

Speculation. Seeing as last week they announced the modded server will be coming out in a week, I'm 99.9% sure they won't have time to add new activities. Since Paratus is so busy with adding all the mods/map(s) and testing them etc. I doubt he had time to come up with and code new money making methods within the span of 1 week.

Who said he hasn't been working on it for months prior? 

Iv'e said to much 

CyanogenCX and Asus like this

I would personally like to keep my money, especially after hearing rumors of the new map being on Australia. Supposedly Australia is 20x larger then Altis and I would prefer to not be forced to drive those extreme distances just to complete one drug run. I wouldn't really mind grinding out another mill if the map wasn't so large. I would not complain at all if the new map was on a map like Taviana :P

33 minutes ago, Bunniu said:

I would personally like to keep my money, especially after hearing rumors of the new map being on Australia. Supposedly Australia is 20x larger then Altis and I would prefer to not be forced to drive those extreme distances just to complete one drug run. I wouldn't really mind grinding out another mill if the map wasn't so large. I would not complain at all if the new map was on a map like Taviana :P

Part of me likes the Australia and part of me doesn't.  Some areas of the maps look very detailed and others very bad and some of the mountains are very ugly.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes