KOS request at events

goyney

What if a group leader could request their group to be flagged as KOS (kill on sight) for cops at events, meaning anyone in the group would be lathaled rather than downed by the APD.

Intention would be that those who just want to fight and not have to spend time being processed can start their new life faster.

• The request would be sent to the highest ranking officer (corporal+ maybe) to be accepted
  • Once accepted, the group is flagged as KOS for APD (possibly some sort of icon on player tag to confirm this)
  • This will last for the duration of the event
  • Bounties are paid out in full and split between the officers online when a member of the group is lethaled, and the bounty is cleared.
  • The civ is charged a % of their bounty as a fee for the disposal of their body when lethaled (alternative consequence to serving prison time)

I know there will be arguments about the absence of RP in this scenario but these events are short and officers have plenty of opportunity to RP whilst patrolling.

Alex. likes this
14 minutes ago, goyney said:

Intention would be that those who just want to fight and not have to spend time being processed can start their new life faster.

Then ask for a full ticket and pay it, or request to be sent to jail.

Not sure what this would accomplish other than possibly having to fight the same rebel(s) multiple times (something I doubt the APD wants to do), or used as a way to commit mass murder and at most lose nothing but your current loadout.

Edited by The Boss
1 minute ago, The Boss said:

When you are downed you are usually sat in restraints for the remainder of the event, then you have to wait for transport back to HQ. Sometimes there's less officers available to process so you have to wait for an officer to be available to process you. Its very time consuming for rebels.

goyney likes this
8 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Not sure what this would accomplish other than possibly having to fight the same rebel(s) multiple times (something I doubt the APD wants to do), or used as a way to commit mass murder and at most lose nothing but your current loadout.

read it again, you're lost

11 minutes ago, Junker said:

When you are downed you are usually sat in restraints for the remainder of the event, then you have to wait for transport back to HQ. Sometimes there's less officers available to process so you have to wait for an officer to be available to process you. Its very time consuming for rebels.

4 minutes ago, goyney said:

read it again, you're lost

Such is the price of getting downed. Sure it sucks to be doing nothing for half the event, but your friends still have a chance to save you if they didn't take you back to HQ yet (attacking the HQ is an option, but more often a lost cause). It might not be a solution for your issue, but all I see here is a small inconvenience that is likely to be abused.

Just my 2c.

Spoiler

I saw they added mobile HQ's, but I have no idea how often they actually get used or if they're allowed to jail you mid event. 

Or you know, just don't get cuffed bozo. Have your friends shoot you in the head before they cuff you. That's how we did it back in the day.

Edited by The Boss

The civ is charged a % of their bounty as a fee for the disposal of their body when lethaled (alternative consequence to serving prison time)

So your options as a rebel for clearing your bounty currently are:

• Gov/Cop pardon, no lost time or money
  • Turning yourself in at courthouse (paying full bounty), no lost time
  • Turning yourself in at courthouse/cop (serving a prison sentence), no lost money
  • Roleplaying with APD for a ticket anywhere with a 50% - 100% reduction, losing a mix of time and money

Pay outs for lethals were removed, which was the previous way of clearing your bounty.
Your suggestion is re-adding it, with a slight tax for the player.

The only way I think that should be permitted is if your bounty is only cleared on you respawning (not revived), and that the fee is more than the 50% bounty/ticket you'd get from turning yourself into a robocop.

Rebels should not be incentivized to avoid roleplaying, if you want to go grind and TDM there's always the cartels, gang events, domination, or KotH.

Your KoS declaration should just be "declaring terrorism", with a Sergeant+(who would be able to authorized lethal force anyway) flagging you as terrorists/armed-and-dangerous/etc.

7 hours ago, Defragments said:

Just add "parole bullets" for police. If you are hit by a parole bullet, you are now on parole and can choose to stop doing illegal actions and leave the area

Re-adding the parole system would be ez mode for me on cop imo. Get all the money and the civ can walk away without paying, just can't commit a crime for another half hour or so. Hell yeah add that back.