Does anyone know of A CQC Server

Buck

The [GER] Academy server is the only consistent one that there is. They have 3 servers to choose from. The CQC one is good, its balanced without any crap like SPMG's and Navids. The map is very small and it takes some progression to unlock weapons such as the MK1. However in a couple games you can get the MK18 quite easily.

Olympus put one up, and its quite bad. You can use anything that the Arma arsenal has to offer. Navids, Special Rigs etc.. I wouldn't bother with it until they polish it up.

I'm still waiting on @Pentax to make something amazing. The Cartel Training server was great with its Asylum additions such as Defibs and Bloodbags. Would love to see this all in a ultimate CQC server with cool locations to fight.

Doomnets server will for ever be in our hearts, that shit was so much fun.

Paratus should make an asylum spin off full PvP server where gangs can practice or have long battles without worrying about their boringly farmed money. But yeah that would really decrease the popularity of cartels and gangs on asylum life servers itself.. i'm not too bothered by it because it stays within the community and the players get what they want.

bunni and Big Fred like this
2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Paratus should make an asylum spin off full PvP server where gangs can practice or have long battles without worrying about their boringly farmed money. But yeah that would really decrease the popularity of cartels and gangs on asylum life servers itself.. i'm not too bothered by it because it stays within the community and the players get what they want.

People would just say "1v1 me on asylum cqc u pleb" so you dont waste monwy on altis life/aus life

oops wrong quote lol.

5 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

thats the admins opinion for this. I would +1 it if it wasnt locked!

1 hour ago, Haych said:

The [GER] Academy server is the only consistent one that there is. They have 3 servers to choose from. The CQC one is good, its balanced without any crap like SPMG's and Navids. The map is very small and it takes some progression to unlock weapons such as the MK1. However in a couple games you can get the MK18 quite easily.

Olympus put one up, and its quite bad. You can use anything that the Arma arsenal has to offer. Navids, Special Rigs etc.. I wouldn't bother with it until they polish it up.

I'm still waiting on @Pentax to make something amazing. The Cartel Training server was great with its Asylum additions such as Defibs and Bloodbags. Would love to see this all in a ultimate CQC server with cool locations to fight.

Doomnets server will for ever be in our hearts, that shit was so much fun.

Didn't know there was still interest in one.

Haych likes this
12 hours ago, Pentax said:

Didn't know there was still interest in one.

I think a well designed one will get enough attention from multiple communities, look at Doomnets for example. A good one alone will attract attention from Asylum, Olympus and GTA. For now we are all having to stick with the Academy servers.

56 minutes ago, Haych said:

I think a well designed one will get enough attention from multiple communities, look at Doomnets for example. A good one alone will attract attention from Asylum, Olympus and GTA. For now we are all having to stick with the Academy servers.

Honestly, it would either 

A) Not get used, because people would be fighting on Asylum

Or 

B ) It would get used and no one would fight on Asylum. 

The old one was aids, because if none of us were on to moderate it, it was just people exploiting some dumb shit or spamming other shit. 

If you were to create a game mode that controlled respawns etc, that'd be fun. 

17 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Would literally kill asylum regular servers if it was well done.

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

Doesn't that mean you give the community what they wish most for?

Not really. What would happen is the crowd that desires fighting and just that would eventually migrate and leave the regular servers half full. While the people who enjoy rp would run around without much to do. It would just split the community and cause both servers an eventual slow death. Arma 3 has been out for a looong time now and there aren't very many "new" players still finding asylum. It's important to keep the community together and I'm really surprised they opened aussie life, but it does still match the same playstyle of the other servers.

Edited by OwenSeven
On 4/5/2016 at 7:21 AM, OwenSeven said:

Not really. What would happen is the crowd that desires fighting and just that would eventually migrate and leave the regular servers half full. While the people who enjoy rp would run around without much to do. It would just split the community and cause both servers an eventual slow death. Arma 3 has been out for a looong time now and there aren't very many "new" players still finding asylum. It's important to keep the community together and I'm really surprised they opened aussie life, but it does still match the same playstyle of the other servers.

I disagree, you can only get asylum fights on asylum... I think the risk is what makes asylum fights so intense.

RedNecked likes this
6 hours ago, OwenSeven said:

Nah for many its bragging rights and the fear of embarrassment of losing. 

Which are risks... Killing someone in TDM doesn't mean jack shit, you just respawn with all your gear and are back at it... 

Edited by Brutus