ARMS ISLAND

Diseased

I would like to see an OFFICIAL RULING on the Arms Island, since I have been playing this server, NO ADMIN has ever banned for killing someone on the Arms Island, it was always a given rule for the gangs that once you stepped onto the Island it was fair game.

As of recent a certain admin has been banning people for it.

I would like a ruling from Motown / Bamf on this situation and what does the community think.

Edited by Diseased
Kuklinski, iFox, DreamC and 17 others like this

Yes please. What makes it worse is the Admin banning is a Admin who doesn't even fight cartels. Multiple Admins have told me Arms Island is KOS, but this Admins seems to ban anyone who kills outside the 300m radius.

Oh and lets not forget once you get banned, you have 0 chance of a unban because said Admin just blanks you and makes you sit it out anyway

Also, still waiting on a Official post on what is considered exploiting and what is not when using water combat. ty xx

Edited by Haych
Kuklinski, Chau, HardyBxoxo and 2 others like this
6 minutes ago, Haych said:

Yes please. What makes it worse is the Admin banning is a Admin who doesn't even fight cartels. Multiple Admins have told me Arms Island is KOS, but this Admins seems to ban anyone who kills outside the 300m radius.

Oh and lets not forget once you get banned, you have 0 chance of a unban because said Admin just blanks you and makes you sit it out anyway

Also, still waiting on a Official post on what is considered exploiting and what is not when using water combat. ty xx

3 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

I have always been told that RDM rules don't apply on the Arms peninsula. It makes sense, because people only go on the island for 1 purpose: to fight for the cartel.

+1

+1

+1

36 minutes ago, Diseased said:

I would like to see an OFFICIAL RULING on the Arms Island, since I have been playing this server, NO ADMIN has ever banned for killing someone on the Arms Island, it was always a given rule for the gangs that once you stepped onto the Island it was fair game.

As of recent a certain admin has been banning people for it.

I would like a ruling from Motown / Bamf on this situation and what does the community think.

These admins need to get on the same page. Literally, you could talk to an admin and ask if "blank" is bannable, and they may say no, but then you could get banned for it by another admin. Group initiation is controversial among every admin. Some say you have to be right next to eachother, some say being in the same gang is enough, some say you always have to initiate by yourself no matter where you are. That goes for every rule on asylum basically.

EDIT: I've also been banned for attempted RDM. ;)

Edited by Poko
Just now, Killswitch said:

Welcome to Asylum

Yes, but as Bikstok said, it was ALWAYS a given back in the day and no one was ever banned for RDM. But literally 3 of my guys were banned today for it from the same admin, and I have seen the same admin ban randoms for it. I just don't understand how you can RDM someone on an island that is only there for 1 purpose : To fight.

[df]Smokahontas and Chau like this

PbXNNEm.png

It's very simple, the rules are stated on the website, a player reported it, its not me hunting down players that violate this rule. I would give leeway if it was within a reasonable distance. I have forwarded this to Bamf and Motown and allow them to make a decision and then post an updated rule if they see fit.

scen7edcandle likes this
3 minutes ago, Olio said:

PbXNNEm.png

It's very simple, the rules are stated on the website, a player reported it, its not me hunting down players that violate this rule. I would give leeway if it was within a reasonable distance. I have forwarded this to Bamf and Motown and allow them to make a decision and then post an updated rule if they see fit.

And that's why we call them "grey areas". That is also why you figure out the ultimate decision, of the matter, before punishing anyone for it. Now you waste peoples time.

Edited by Smokahontas // Douggem
1 minute ago, Olio said:

PbXNNEm.png

300m is quite silly though. Just earlier I killed a guy at Arms dealer from 1.1km. Would it be RDM if that guy had shot me first? I'm sure you can see the problem ;)

I don't see the issue with increasing the range seeing as the entire Arms island is dedicated to just one cartel.

Kuklinski likes this

300m? Okay. I expect bans to be held on all of my following reports. R I P every gang whos ever fought at Arms Dealers.

As rule of thumb, participate in something before punishing someone, I have seen admins who have not experienced certain areas of the map but somehow can still make a fair and reasonable "judgement" on it and ban someone for up to a month for cheating / lagswitching yet have never even fought a cartel.

Edited by Diseased
12 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

300m is quite silly though. Just earlier I killed a guy at Arms dealer from 1.1km. Would it be RDM if that guy had shot me first? I'm sure you can see the problem ;)

I don't see the issue with increasing the range seeing as the entire Arms island is dedicated to just one cartel.

I would say make it a red zone like the dessert in Australia.