The Great CSAT Debate

So basically after 6.0 came out they took out pilot coveralls, but we all just used CSAT Fatigues because they had the same armor as the coveralls. After this was fully realized by the devs these were also removed. So what we are left with is clothing that has literally zero armor. At the time, it sounded like a good thing to me, but my opinion has changed.

So whats wrong with having clothes with no armor, well it effectively makes you a one shot to everywhere but the Carrier Lite. (plz no "realism" arguments.) So what this means is, at almost any range if a rook hits you in the leg you will either be dead or have your leg broken, making you a limping easy target. And yes i understand if you got shot IRL in the leg you would be out of the fight, but this isnt real life, this is a casual life server.

The reason i feel we need this is because of how low tier guns have changed, Those of you that fight cartels can confirm that an SDAR is a scary thing now. Even a pistol is a scary sight. I dont think people should be walking tanks, i just dont see why it is viable for people to spend 900 dollars on a gun and be combat effective. This isnt a salt post, but i feel player experience could be increased if we did not get melted by a luck spray from a rook macro.

Suggestion 1:

Add All CSAT back, remove carrier lites. If an imbalance is still detected between Rebel and Cop engagements, Add the carrier lite for cops. Alot of cops play undercover right now anyway.

Suggestion 2:

Add all CSAT back, keep carrier lites. But implement a script that does not allow a user to wear both CSAT and carrier Lites. This would allow people to choose what to wear, and would not render the none armored clothing useless. Scripting wise, this is very easy to do.

In conclusion, i just want to look swag again. Feel free to post competent replies.

@bamf

Edited by TheRealLethal

I love CSAT clothing but it's fine the way it is, it will simply make the APD cry even more. If you bring a a low caliber gun to a cartel and get kills, its because you out smarted your opponent and out positioned him. You should be rewarded for such thing, not have someone sponge upto 5 shots from your 5.56 because of the clothing they are wearing.

We got a whole load of clothing added to the Altis stores, and when Tanoa comes out, we'll be seeing even more, It's fine the way it is, even if CSAT clothing is sexy, especially the new Special Purpose ones.

Tiger, Chau and AndrewFam like this

At rebel outpost the other day on Tanoa I single handedly killed around 10 or more velocity as they respawned at their turf and came back 30 seconds later. Using an AK12, I fended off several people for a considerable time. Had I a pistol? Not a chance. You don't need CSAT fatigues to be good, you need skill. Also, CSAT Pilot Coveralls have more armor than CSAT fatigues, and the new special purpose suits have even more armor than that.

I've been shot plenty of times, sometimes several with pistols and not died or taken too much damage, my vests are working so I don't see the problem?

On 6/16/2016 at 7:30 PM, Haych said:

I love CSAT clothing but it's fine the way it is, it will simply make the APD cry even more. If you bring a a low caliber gun to a cartel and get kills, its because you out smarted your opponent and out positioned him. You should be rewarded for such thing, not have someone sponge upto 5 shots from your 5.56 because of the clothing they are wearing.

We got a whole load of clothing added to the Altis stores, and when Tanoa comes out, we'll be seeing even more, It's fine the way it is, even if CSAT clothing is sexy, especially the new Special Purpose ones.

It's not crying when you literally needed 5 fucking magazines from a Sting to down someone wearing carrier lites + csat. It's a valid fucking gripe. 

6 minutes ago, epTic said:

CSAT/Carrier Lites were a huge issue before MK20s were introduced. 

You tank 5-10 shots with a fucking MK to the chest using 5.56 with carrier lite, is that not enough for you to fire off one round? 

MK20 was introduced for a reason to cadets ever since Bohemia made 9mm and other low calibers useless against any level 2 or higher vest. I mean whats your argument? Yes cops cry at everything rebels have, yes the sting is bad, yes it takes about 4 shots from a MK20 to kill the average rebel. What case are you trying to make?

Before the Rig update, 9mm's where perfectly fine against armour 

Edited by Haych
AndrewFam likes this
Just now, Haych said:

MK20 was introduced for a reason to cadets ever since Bohemia made 9mm and other low calibers useless against any level 2 or higher vest. I mean whats your argument? Yes cops cry at everything rebels have, yes the sting is bad, yes it takes about 4 shots from a MK20 to kill the average rebel. What case are you trying to make?

Before the Rig update, 9mm's where perfectly fine against armour 

I'm saying that with CSAT+Carrier Lite, you still tank 5-10 shots WITH THE 5.56

Pretty sure I see rebels crying equally as much on the forums "TOO MANY COPS, CAP COPS, COPS OP, COPS NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR GEAR". 

Don't like the server? Go back to the ones you came from. I heard Krypton is always looking for new cuckolds over @ Olympus. 

1 minute ago, epTic said:

I'm saying that with CSAT+Carrier Lite, you still tank 5-10 shots WITH THE 5.56

Pretty sure I see rebels crying equally as much on the forums "TOO MANY COPS, CAP COPS, COPS OP, COPS NEED TO PAY FOR THEIR GEAR". 

Don't like the server? Go back to the ones you came from. I heard Krypton is always looking for new cuckolds over @ Olympus. 

Did I say I didn't like the server?

Sure I don't agree with cadets getting one of the best CQC guns available on the server, especially after the removal of CSAT clothing, but the APD needs them because the higher ups have 0 sense when it comes to strategy and leading a team in combat. The only rebels you see crying on the forums about cops being too OP are the ones who play using Wii controllers.

Just now, Haych said:

Did I say I didn't like the server?

Sure I don't agree with cadets getting one of the best CQC guns available on the server, especially after the removal of CSAT clothing, but the APD needs them because the higher ups have 0 sense when it comes to strategy and leading a team in combat. The only rebels you see crying on the forums about cops being too OP are the ones who play using Wii controllers.

Oh wow, the cadets have the best CQC guns available on the server. 

Considering that 95% of the engagements that are rebel vs cop involve rebels sitting in inaccessible/hard to access locations, you don't even have to worry about getting into close quarters.