I like how they lowered the lethal payout to 30k but @bamf screw it man make it 0. If you lethal someone you DON'T get paid AND they get a pardon. I know several other officers highly support this idea such as @DarkKnight @<Jake> @the rig. Let's lower the use of lethals by making them only useful in terms of getting people who are either unreachable or when extremely outnumbered and only to thin people out. I hate how people decide "Let's lethal everyone and not have to rp, so i can fund my 95% rebel 5% cop percentage".

Tim1, Jake and Goldy like this

Lethals are suppose to be used as a last resort, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the payouts for using them, but it can also be looked at as ," the officers neutralized a dangerous suspect and should receive a form of payment" . Some will say make it 0, but since it was drastically lowered. Could make the payout of lethaling a person 10% of their bounty to be paid among all the officers

Tyler likes this

Split between the amount of orcas - loadouts and other expenses i spent as a APD officer because i'm complete garbage at arma i barely made any money on the APD. Would be silly for rebels to be able to completely deny APD officers from getting paid. You chase around a group of rebels lose loadouts, vehicles and what not and in the end they sit on top of a building unreachable (Georgetown Skyscrabers) Or decide to make one of the solar towers their home, officers should simply not be paid for lethalling them? Just start punishing people who abuse lethals harder until they are rooted out.

Edited by Huang Peng
Rosie likes this
18 minutes ago, Huang Peng said:

Split between the amount of orcas - loadouts and other expenses i spent as a APD officer because i'm complete garbage at arma i barely made any money on the APD. Would be silly for rebels to be able to completely deny APD officers from getting paid. You chase around a group of rebels lose loadouts, vehicles and what not and in the end they sit on top of a building unreachable (Georgetown Skyscrabers) Or decide to make one of the solar towers their home, officers should simply not be paid for lethalling them? Just start punishing people who abuse lethals harder until they are rooted out.

Solution: die less :shrug:

Treeherder and Tyler like this

Tbh I agree. Lethals should only be used to kill targets that are in hard to reach places.

Way to many times I've noticed cops switch to Lethals say at the Coke Field because they use the excuse "We are outnumbered". It's not like you can't spawn 2KM away with a free loadout and return in 2 Minutes as much as you want. Sure, start lethaling people doing PB/Fed/Bank once you notice your first 2 attempts of trying to catch them alive isn't working, but switching to instant lethals at said events is dumb when you can literally spawn down the road from them. Even more dumb when you decide to go Lethals in open Illegal Areas, areas that take you 2 minutes to get to if you die.

Google™ and Term like this

+1

This could stop the remaining people who abuse lethals, for those it doesn't effect, crack down on them harder.

Look at it from a realistic/RP perspective, a real prison break... the objective is to detain the escapees rather than kill them, only if yourself/fellow officers/civs are in danger do they use lethal force against the said escapees. Why not make the server match? This may break the chains a bit more for the people who play cop for money, its about enjoying the RP and the game, not making money on cop to then use on civ. Cops get a rifle by default, so don't complain about missing out on that last 30k split, make it 0. If you are a cop that buys, you are more than likely trying to enjoy the game rather than collect money.

With a free rifle on spawn, that's more than rebels get, be happy about that. It isn't really about making rebels more Over Powered, its about making abusive lethals less common, yes they still happen with the nerf and probably yet if no payment were to be made, but all in all it would help the cause to make lethals be abused less.

Haych and Tyler like this
8 hours ago, Huang Peng said:

Mad cuz bad

7 hours ago, Haych said:

Tbh I agree. Lethals should only be used to kill targets that are in hard to reach places.

Way to many times I've noticed cops switch to Lethals say at the Coke Field because they use the excuse "We are outnumbered". It's not like you can't spawn 2KM away with a free loadout and return in 2 Minutes as much as you want. Sure, start lethaling people doing PB/Fed/Bank once you notice your first 2 attempts of trying to catch them alive isn't working, but switching to instant lethals at said events is dumb when you can literally spawn down the road from them. Even more dumb when you decide to go Lethals in open Illegal Areas, areas that take you 2 minutes to get to if you die.

pretty much sums it really ^ 

Lethals should only be used if necessary, in banks feds or prison breaks, when using lethal in open illegal areas it just takes cops to be more money hungry to switch to a lethal anyway. There are 4 other precincts where 1 cop can ask back up from.... 

11 hours ago, said:

Look at it from a realistic/RP perspective, a real prison break... the objective is to detain the escapees rather than kill them, only if yourself/fellow officers/civs are in danger do they use lethal force against the said escapees. Why not make the server match?

If rebels IRL (geared with full autos) are robbing a bank or a federal reserve you best believe I am not concerned with their well being at ALL and I am killing every single one of them. Also guess what I am still getting paid for doing my job. Im not taking a salary cut or getting fired for saving bankers and hostages. The simple "In IRL" go to does not simply work.

Edited by Frizzy
11 hours ago, <Jake> said:

+Look at it from a realistic/RP perspective, a real prison break... the objective is to detain the escapees rather than kill them, only if yourself/fellow officers/civs are in danger do they use lethal force against the said escapees. Why not make the server match? This may break the chains a bit more for the people who play cop for money, its about enjoying the RP and the game, not making money on cop to then use on civ. Cops get a rifle by default, so don't complain about missing out on that last 30k split, make it 0. If you are a cop that buys, you are more than likely trying to enjoy the game rather than collect money.

The RL argument? At a real prison break guards would be killing the inmates and not giving a singular fuck, if caught in the act prisoners can be shot with real guns, no one is going to try and run a guy down to taze him.  At a real bank robbery SWAT would be shooting the suspects and killing them without giving a singular fuck. A negotiator would ask them to stop and when they didnt they would be shot with real bullets until they are dead or until they become unconscious from their wounds, no one is going to try and run in and taze them.

Fact is this is a game, and when you get shot and die you get a free pardon and move on with your gameplay.  The meta used to be do what you can to get lethalled and a free pardon, now the meta is do what you can to get lethalled then report the cop and try and get him removed for abuse.

Frizzy likes this
On 8/24/2016 at 7:21 PM, TheRealLethal said:

since the change. I have seen far less lethal usage. splitting 30k max between all cops is already pretty much nothing. i think its fine the way it is.

Since the change I have literally not seen a change in lethal usage. But then again I'm not P4. Time is a much bigger factor when choosing to go lethal. 

Edited by Dpatt711