Change log 7.5.5

bamf

29 minutes ago, Haych said:

Oh never mind, servers have actually gotten worse, it just instantly goes down instead now.

Earlier, we had 5 AI's on cap, the server lags so much it just reproduces AI version of us lol.

Heres Lethal with he's new buddy

4ad4296ea320435391beff4d026876b1.png

Yeah that's the new clone script. Working as intended.

Haych likes this
6 minutes ago, bamf said:

I'll build in a hard restart every few restarts.  Should help a touch.

So previously, before you implemented that change you mentioned, the server lag wasn't ddos lag, it was genuinely something different, it behaves much differently. However after that change, instead of the lag being like it was previously, People Get Kicked, and even side chat messages are delayed, which are clear signs of ddos.

Edited by Haych
Just now, Haych said:

So previously, before you implemented that change you mentioned, the server lag wasn't ddos lag, it was genuinely something different, it behaves much differently. However after that change, instead of the lag being like it was previously, People Get Kicked, and even side chat messages are delayed, which are clear signs of ddos, a different type of lag that never happened before.

Well there is a clear issue with the malloc not releasing memory, which is causing what you are seeing now.  It had gone 2 days without having the issue after a change made on Thursday AM.  So I'll go one step further and just restart it every few hours to bypass the fact that the memory management just sucks in Arma.  

Haych likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Well there is a clear issue with the malloc not releasing memory, which is causing what you are seeing now.  It had gone 2 days without having the issue after a change made on Thursday AM.  So I'll go one step further and just restart it every few hours to bypass the fact that the memory management just sucks in Arma.  

How come's Asylums the only high pop Life server experiencing this issue then? I genuinely couldn't figure it out.

8 minutes ago, Haych said:

How come's Asylums the only high pop Life server experiencing this issue then? I genuinely couldn't figure it out.

I'm not 100% sure.  I could try to BS you somehow and make something up.  I could also spend hours or days trying to figure out what it is in the sqf.  

Alternatively, I could just make the servers do a hard restart every once in a while and "fix" the issue.  

I'm not 100% sure.  I could try to BS you somehow and make something up.  I could also spend hours or days trying to figure out what it is in the sqf.  

Alternatively, I could just make the servers do a hard restart every once in a while and "fix" the issue.  

If hard restarts will solve the issues, that would be great. I wouldn't mind more hard restarts.

On 9/3/2016 at 10:21 PM, Gnashes said:

You have an exact duplicate available (with respect to armor and capacity values) without purchasing a Loot Crate. It's just in a poorly suited color for non-city terrain.

That's not pay to win. That's pay to look cool; as you said yourself.

If cops want the coveralls they require the loot crates to unlock. (I'm not sure if somebody else has already said this)

Same with the hatchback, not long till somebody complains to BI about it.

Edited by Legit
40 minutes ago, Tom said:

The servers started lagging super bad when you added the war system points. May or April? Could look back than and see if something you added than is the issue.

Mid May/ April is exactly when the Lag started happening.
It started during the times Insanity and Synergy would constantly fight and SFB was blamed for it. Servers have been rough ever since.

Here is the changelog's from that time that include things that may be effecting the lag. Mid May is probably more accurate looking at the dates we fought Synergy a lot. 

Whatever has happened, it happened during the time KBW was with us.

Edited by Haych
10 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

We're also several times larger than other life communities. I'm sure they don't ban banlists with 7k+ Permabans in them.

Fact is that Arma is a pretty shit game when it comes to optimization. You're kind of forced to bandaid some problems because there is no real fix for them.

Was the payout for lethals reduced even more? Had to lethal a guy (one minute to restart) worth 73,000$  (Did a prison break 5m to restart) there were only 3 officers online and it paied 4500$ to each of us.

I understand it was reduced to stop zerging, but its annoying when people specifically try to get caught at one minute to mess with us. Could there be checks added to stop people from starting prison breaks and such pre-15 to restart?

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Lethals pay a maximum of 30k. There hasn't been subsequent changes since then.

Officers are always the ones who choose to lethal their potential money-earners. That's the beauty of giving cops that choice; if they don't like the lethal pay; they chose to load lethals.

I mean; you could have went back after restart and tried to catch him. It's not like you didn't know where he'd be.

Considering he tried to dive into the water when I downed him, I doubt I would have had such an opportunity. I'm not complaining about lethals I disagree the use myself. But I was just wondering why it paid just under 15k, instead of 30k.

Edited by Legit
5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Maximum of 30k. That's for people who you'd arrest for 150k. Lethals pay 20% of bounty up to 30k.

Ahhh, This makes sense, 20% of the work 20% of the pay. Thank you for the insight the way I understood it it was a hard 30k cap. (Like the 150k Cap) 

Please take my suggestion to stopping prison breaks in the last 5 minutes, it is quite annoying.

Hotfix 3:

• The Asylum Exchange has returned.
  • The servers will now perform a hard restart periodically in an effort to keep performance high.  
  • Servers 4 and 5 should now restart much faster.
  • Aircraft that are flying should no longer have their passengers affected by earthquakes.
  • Altis can no longer afford to destroy all the "deer stands" at the federal reserve. 
  • DP missions should no longer spawn crates if a vehicle is on the spawn point.
  • Spawning an Orca in Rodopoli should leave the main rotor clear now.
  • Adjusted weapon pricing for 7.62 weapons (per a forum suggestion).
  • Some Apex weapons are able to be crafted while on the island of Tanoa.
  • Added "Sell Price" to vehicles at the Vehicle Factory and Black Market.  This is somewhat experimental, but should mostly work.  
  • Restarts now tell you which Asylum server you are playing on.

The Apex weapon crafting is only available on Tanoa since if you do not have the expansion and then set a weapon down (put it in a backpack or trunk for instance), then you can not pick it back up.  I'll talk to Paratus and see if there is anything we can do, but I think BIS set it up that way (I'm guessing they want it that way).  

Corgi, william, Sergio and 14 others like this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• The servers will now perform a hard restart periodically in an effort to keep performance high.  
  • Aircraft that are flying should no longer have their passengers affected by earthquakes.
  • Altis can no longer afford to destroy all the "deer stands" at the federal reserve. 
  • Added "Sell Price" to vehicles at the Vehicle Factory and Black Market.  This is somewhat experimental, but should mostly work.  

The Apex weapon crafting is only available on Tanoa since if you do not have the expansion and then set a weapon down (put it in a backpack or trunk for instance), then you can not pick it back up.  I'll talk to Paratus and see if there is anything we can do, but I think BIS set it up that way (I'm guessing they want it that way).  

And AE is back?

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

Sick update, good job

Hotfix 3:

• The Asylum Exchange has returned.

rip i wanted to craft ak-12s on altis so badly :(

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
20 minutes ago, bamf said:

It's the same thing with the marksmen DLC if they do not have the DLC they can't store them and reuse them if they put them in a crate but we can craft them, Why can't we craft Apex guns?